I'm looking for
Search results for "Collaboration, Innovation & Insights"
Investor Insights Assistant Manager
Service Line: Audit
Service Line: Market Development
DevOps Engineer - Cloud Engineering
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
ERP Analytics Assistant Manager
Service Line: Audit
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Why does KPMG have an Investor Insights programme?
At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. With this in mind, it is vital that we engage with investors, as they are the primary readers of our audit reports. We place very high importance on listening to what they have to say and acting on that information.
As part of our vision for Audit – and in light of the initiation of several market reviews and profession-wide concerns – KPMG has embarked on an ambitious and wide ranging Investor Insights Programme with the backing of the Executive Board. Through this programme, we engage with the investor community on the future of audit and discuss how we can deliver genuine value to them through our audits of the businesses they invest in. The objective is to listen to and understand investor needs and determine the actions our firm should take in response.
What does this role require?
We are looking for a talented Audit Assistant Manager with strong communications and organisational skills to help manage the programme on a day-to-day basis.
You will be working alongside the Programme Director and Senior Manager, as well as two sponsoring partners, to discover and interpret the views of institutional investors on the future of Audit – relaying these findings to the firm’s leadership with a view to enhancing the way KPMG performs its audits in future.
You will play an important role in developing and executing an engagement plan with investors and will be responsible for maintaining the lines of communication with the investor community and the wider firm. You will also play a key role in creating thought leadership for the investor community, working closely with professionals in audit and other specialist teams.
Find out more about the role in detail.
What qualifications, skills and personal qualities will I need?
• Audit background advantageous
• Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working and resilient.
• Have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of the current audit environment and reviews on the profession.
• Understanding of accounting and audit topics that are of interest to investors (e.g. ESG, going concern, alternative profit measures, capital maintenance).
• Be able to write presentations which convey the key messages in a clear and compelling way.
• Have the ability to build strong networks quickly.
• Be confident interacting with senior stakeholders across the firm.
• Ability to develop monthly reports on progress and achievements.
• Ability to spot potential problems ahead of time and escalate as needed.
• Experience in data analysis and data management (i.e. using Excel – SharePoint also an advantage).
The role in detail
Engaging with the Investor Community
• Engagement plan: Develop an annual engagement plan with the investor community.
• Running event days: You will play a key role in organising and running successful investor events (incl. ensuring the right topics are presented to investors).
Communicating about the programme and its findings
• Managing communications with investors: Sending communications and content to the Investor Community (including managing the drafting of emails), ensuring the appropriate people are reviewing the emails and content, then sending and tracking any feedback received and updating the Content Database where required.
• Managing internal communications: Developing content to be shared with the audit practice and to be included in the trainings to reflect the investors perspective and what they need out of an audit. Analysing feedback received and identifying stakeholders in the firm who want to be informed about any interactions with specific investors and ensuring that they are informed of feedback received from investors.
• Managing the website: Reviewing our online content as required and managing the publication of new content and any updates.
Developing content for the programme
• Collating and developing thought leadership produced by the firm: Identifying and leveraging thought leadership that has already been produced by firm on audit and accounting topics. Identifying how these can be re-written from an investor perspective and assisting with the drafting.
• Project managing the creation of new content: This includes planning meetings with content experts, co-ordinating with copywriters and Create, maintaining version control, sending to reviewers, collating feedback and managing distribution.
• Tracking feedback: monitoring and assessing feedback from investors on audit and accounting topics. Identifying emerging themes and writing reports summarising areas that are of interest for investors.
Managing internal processes
• Liaising with other KPMG functions: Maintaining contact with audit teams, internal specialists, Marketing/PR, Learning & Development, Finance and others where relevant to the investor engagement programme.
• Preparing presentations: Preparing and updating presentations on the programme for key senior stakeholders (including the Audit Executive and the Public Interest Committee). This includes preparing reports on themes emerging from our engagement with investors, proposing solutions to address these and monitoring overall progress on the programme.
The Campaign Executive position will focus on campaign delivery. The individual will sit as part of the newly established Marketing Centre of Expertise team and will support the management and development of our marketing programmes in conjunction with a team of marketing professionals across our Campaign Management function.
The Marketing Centre of Expertise (CoE) operates a matrix model of expertise in defined marketing capabilities and organised in clusters aligned to our business units. The CoE leads on marketing delivery, supports brand management, digital enablement and also provides account management to support the Marketing Business Partners (BP). CoE teams are experts in specialised areas and are deeply involved in co-creation and delivery.
Campaign delivery is at the core of our new operating model for marketing. The Campaign Executive will support the project management of our campaigns by delivering our creative, data, digital and content development processes.
The role holder will manage projects to ensure that content, creative assets and the usage of marketing channels support the delivery of the brief, meet our brand and regulatory requirements and they actively involve our business and marketing colleagues throughout their development to ensure buy-in, quality and effectiveness.
This includes undertaking the requirements of our brand and regulatory processes and supporting the business review of content and marketing campaign assets.
You will have the ability to work on activities across multiple stakeholders, channels, programmes and activities ensuring that your work and focus aligns to the relevant project timelines and any issues or challenges are flagged to the relevant colleagues in a timely and effective way.
The role will include engagement and interaction with business stakeholders, marketing agencies and colleagues across the marketing function to capture their input, feedback and work to ensure their buy-in throughout the campaign development process.
Description of the role:
- Support the development of our marketing programmes with a focus on project coordination, completing process requirements and required documentation and reporting.
- Contribute and drive the delivery of creative development, data, digital and media processes
- Input to, collate and manage the distribution of agency briefs, data and client insights.
- Manage the application of business feedback and amendments to campaign assets and identify areas of conflict or concern to Campaign Managers and relevant stakeholders
- Deliver campaign financial processes including PO management, reconciliation and campaign spend forecasts
- Coordinate and arrange collaboration with agency partners and other marketing teams including booking in relevant support requests
- Deliver the requirements of our brand and regulatory processes across deliverables including brand, risk and data management policies.
- Extract and arrange for the submission of campaign reporting, CRM data management and third party data sources including client insights and competitor activity
- Lead on the deployment of internal launch plans and communications for marketing campaigns.
Leadership & Management
This role will report to the relevant Campaign Manager.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
The ideal individual for this role will be energetic and highly-organised, someone who enjoys taking on responsibility and making a positive contribution to the activities of the UK Marketing team.
You will be professional, able to work within budget to the exacting standards required in a leading professional services environment.
Proactively engaging with business teams and senior stakeholders you will be able contribute to conversations around business feedback and how the campaign and the resources supporting its development can respond to address this feedback effectively.
Bringing initiative and drive you will be comfortable working independently but seek and advice and guidance from colleagues when needed.
You will understand the importance of good relationships both within and outside the organisation, using your influencing and negotiating skills to ensure that relationships with third parties work to the best advantage of KPMG, and to promote collaboration, understanding and positive contribution internally.
Core technical competencies
- Marketing project management experience
- Experience of the development process for marketing campaigns including content, digital campaigns, event communications and social media including agency management
- Stakeholder engagement including business contacts and agency partners administrative skills for key marketing process including budget, meeting management and coordination
- Familiarity of using brand visual identity toolkits and guidelines
- Effective written communicator and able to contribute to messaging development and review
- Able to apply risk and compliance processes effectively
- Understand the role of data for marketing and comfortable managing data and using Excel as part of campaign reporting and targeting
- Experience with marketing platforms and tools including management and setting up campaigns in solutions such as Salesforce, Marketo or Adobe.
Core behavioural competencies
You will be at heart of the delivery of world-class marketing for KPMG in the UK, able to effectively drive change through a complex matrix organisation and successfully embed our new operating model.
- Effective organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a complex and matrix environment
- Good attention to detail and a commitment to developing high quality work
- Proactive and able to identify potential future issues or challenges, working as part of a team to address them
- Balance creativity and innovation our business processes and risk management policies
- Enjoy an agile and flexible work environment with an ability to work with different teams, business areas and campaign types on an ongoing basis
- You will have strong interpersonal skills, be a good communicator and embrace collaboration
- You will be inquisitive around the commercial drivers for the business and how the marketing campaign is tasked to support these.
- You will understand the need to build good relationships, creating useful networks internally and externally, and proactively use these contacts to support you in resolving conflicts or challenges.
Expertise/ Technical role requirements:
- BA university degree or equivalent
- Completed or working towards a professional marketing qualification (CIM) preferred.
- Experience of B2B marketing.
- Highly proficient in all MS Office packages
- Knowledge of CRM and marketing campaign systems
- Understanding of project management techniques
- Marketing campaign skills including digital marketing
- Understanding of budgeting and forecasting
- Creative skills including reviewing copy and visual/image selection
Joining the growing Cloud Engineering team in our Technology & Engineering Division, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for development operations, server and user administration, and code deployment for KPMG’s back end cloud applications and products
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our clients infrastructure and deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies used.
- Help design and build monitoring systems, metrics, internal dashboards, and other tools that allow KPMG clients to become increasingly, scalable, and reliable infrastructure.
- Continue to cultivate a culture of collaboration, innovation and bringing industry standards to everything we do.
- You have a current understanding of public and private cloud services.
- You understand the fundamentals: Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Private), Windows, Linux, Security and Networking.
- Automation and repeatability are at the heart of everything you do.
- Use of any of the following: Python, Nodejs, C#, Cloudformation Templating, Ansible / Salt, Octopus, Team City / Jenkins
- You've built highly scalable, secure, efficient, and resilient systems.
- Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
What we can offer
- Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small.
- A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place.
- Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful.
- Flexible and considerate working hours.
- Access to regular training opportunities and certification which can include Internal, AWS and Pluralsight.
- Generous pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday.
- Excellent relationship with vendors and access to authorities within their field.
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 10/12/2019
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 08/01/2020
COMPETITVE SALARY + BENEFITS + BONUS
MULTIPLE ROLES AVAILABLE
Within Technology Risk Consulting, our ‘ERP Analytics’ capability performs a large amount of assurance and advisory work in helping clients get more value out of their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Business Management systems, specifically SAP, Oracle as well as GRC and/or data analytical solutions on top of the ERP.
Our projects include extracting, analysing and visualising data from our clients ERP systems to support audit and advisory engagements covering: process control, process & control optimisation, security, and ERP related GRC services. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, or as part of external and internal audit, or wider advisory engagements.
The main responsibilities of the role
- Audit and advice clients that operate SAP or Oracle systems including GRC.
- Help clients enhance their own ERP data analytics capability.
- Work stream lead / SME on SAP/ Oracle/ GRC control and/or data analytics engagements.
- Building and managing strong client relationships across a range of clients.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in particular in the Audit and wider Advisory areas.
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. innovation, training, knowledge management.
- Responsible for the quality, value and timely delivery of a number of engagements. This will include delivery of the high demand for data and analytics for some of our largest and most complex external and internal audits, but also supporting Consulting and Tax projects.
- Product development and innovation activities, to ensure that KPMG’s ERP analytics capability remains market leading on a global scale, as well as coaching other ERP analytics specialists.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the job
- Proven experience of successfully delivering SAP/ Oracle security, control, data analytics and GRC services (including external/internal audit) to medium/ large, multi-national clients. Including, for example, experience in Oil & Gas, Retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Utilities and Life Sciences sectors.
- Proven experience in auditing and advising clients that operate SAP/ Oracle.
- Proven experience in business process and functional experience of key SAP/ Oracle Financials modules, including SAP HANA and/or Oracle Fusion
- Proven functional experience of GRC, Financials, BPC and BI.
- Proven experience of design, build and delivery of data analytics related capabilities, including data extraction and processing (i.e. ETL), designing and building of data analysis routines and designing and building of data visualisation formats
- Proven experience interpreting data analytics results, and ability to derive insightful and quantifiable business insights using data analytics outputs
- Proven experience in identifying root causes to detected exceptions and translating these to actionable recommendations, e.g. ERP process or system changes
- Proven experience integrating into a suitable IT infrastructure, including architecture design and system configuration
- Proven experience of using data analysis tools in an ERP environment, e.g. SQL, Alteryx, Qlik, Tableau.
- Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services.
- Proven experience working for “Big 4” professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience.
- Proven experience supporting service line through innovation and knowledge management.
Powered Enterprise is KPMG’s world-class accelerated Enterprise Business Transformation approach for cloud-based solutions that uses pre-designed back-office leading practices and KPMG’s six layer Target Operating Model. It enables clients to make better, faster decisions, resulting in a quicker implementation and a faster path to Return on Investment. This solution combines the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading practice, capabilities and insight into a complete solution for an effective back-office.
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise. KPMG are growing their S&D - Powered Apps team to meet an ever increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
As the growth of our Powered HCM practise continues we are looking for Process Leads who have experience of configuring Oracle or Workday to join our team
• Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
• Experience of implementing at least one module of the relevant cloud platform (Workday or Oracle) (NB there is a strong preference for Payroll skills specifically) so you can bring your learnings to the client about what did (or didn’t!) work
• Leading client facing meetings and facilitation of workshops with larger groups of client teams
• lead an offshore team to design, configure and test a module or process area to successful deployment for a client
• Developing end to end solutions using the best of good industry practise combined with understanding the optionality available within the product.
Our candidates should have strong commercial acumen, hunger to learn and develop and be able to thrive in a really fast paced working environment.
• Educated to degree level
• Strong documentation, reporting and presentation skills
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
• Experience in a functional and/or technical role in a business or systems delivery environment preferably in more than one sector
• Experience producing project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, configuration document, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc.)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills
• An awareness of key delivery methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
• Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time
• Experience of working effectively with client functional team representatives
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity