I'm looking for
Search results for "Connected Engineering"
Lead DevOps Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Penetration Tester - Senior Manager
Service Line: RC Technology
Assistant Managers - People Consulting (Corps - BCM)
Service Line: People Consulting
Data Scientist - Assistant Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Trading & Wholesale Conduct Risk Manager
Service Line: FRM
Within KPMG's Technology & Engineering team, the Cloud Engineering mission is to be the best cloud team ever by doing the right thing, using the right tools, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it.
We operate at genuine scale partnering the big three public cloud providers and have our own private cloud to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake when you meet us.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our clients infrastructure and deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies used.
• Help design and build monitoring systems, metrics, internal dashboards, and other tools that allow KPMG clients to become increasingly, scalable, and reliable infrastructure.
• Continue to cultivate a culture of collaboration, innovation and bringing industry standards to everything we do.
• You understand the fundamentals: Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Private), Windows, Linux, Security and Networking.
• An ability to automate processes.
• Cloud Technologies exposure (AWS, Azure, Private), Windows, Linux, Security and Networking.
• You will have used the following - Python, Nodejs, C#, Cloudformation Templating, Ansible / Salt, Octopus, Team City / Jenkins
• You have experience building highly scalable, secure, efficient, and resilient systems.
• Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance.
• You love steering a very willing team to increase performance and efficiency.
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business.
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small.
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place.
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful.
• Flexible and considerate working hours.
• Access to regular training opportunities and certification which can include Internal, AWS and Pluralsight.
• Generous pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday.
• Excellent relationship with vendors and access to authorities within their field.
You will play a leading role within the Cyber Defence Services (CDS) team, helping drive the development of the business and taking responsibility for the oversight and delivery of some of our most demanding penetration testing and red team engagements. As a Senior Manager you will help raise the profile of the team, play a key part in making sure that we develop new CDS service offerings and help coach and mentor team members.
Management and delivery of penetration testing services to clients to include the following:
o Financial management
o Engagement and risk management
o Production and review of deliverables.
- Reporting technical issues in business terms
- Developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of KPMG.
- Developing an understanding of KPMG’s broader offerings to enable identification of business opportunities
- Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations.
- Role modelling risk and engagement management practices.
- Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge.
- Continuous development of self and team, including managing client feedback.
- Monitoring quality of service and products to clients and carrying out improvement or development as necessary.
- Performance management of junior staff
- Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Proven experience working within the industry
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of penetration testing, including CESG accredited schemes such as CBEST, STAR, CPA, CHECK and CTAS. OSCP, CCSAS/CCSAM
- Demonstrable understanding and practical application of information security principles
- Proven experience of producing high quality deliverables working alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven experience of secure coding practices
- Reverse engineering experience desirable
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree level qualified, MSc in Information Security, IT or relevant subject (preferred)
- Web-application penetration testing experience preferred
- Programming skills, .NET
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills
- Clearances required – eligibility for SC or DV is desirable
People and Change is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team help to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas – delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, transformational change programmes and transforming the HR function.
We have 5 key capabilities that work across the sectors:
• Behavioural Change Management
• Human Resources Optimisation
• Organisation Design for Performance
• Talent Management
• Workforce Intelligence
We are seeking talented individuals with experience of Behavioural Change Management (BCM) to join our growing Corporates team, working closely with clients across Energy, Industrial Manufacturing, Life Sciences and Aerospace & Defence.
Candidates should have demonstrable knowledge, experience and proficiency relevant to a number of our BCM areas (e.g. deep practical expertise across the following):
• Stakeholder analysis, engagement and management
• Case for change agreement and leadership alignment
• Communication and engagement strategy, planning and delivery
• Change Risk and Impact assessment and management
• Change leadership assessment, gap analysis, implementation planning and delivery
• Culture assessment, gap analysis, implementation planning and delivery
• Change Plan development and implementation
• Change Metrics identification, assessment and management
• Digital change tool deployment and implementation
Experience of delivering BCM as part of a business or functional transformation is highly desired. BCM in support of technology implementation is also desired.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Project manage client work and/or manage a single workstream within a more complex change programme
• Manage a small team of consultants, likely to include a mix of onshore and offshore team members
• Work closely with the client project manager and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of project deliverables
• Contribute to BCM business development. This may include working with key account teams to scope opportunities or help to develop proposals to meet client requirements
• Work across consulting teams to drive the value of BCM as part of our connected business
Required Skill and Qualifications
• strong commercial acumen
• Able to thrive in a really fast paced working environment.
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Previous consulting experience
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• strong familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
• Qualifications such as CIPD or Occupational psychology or MBA or Prince2
Multiple Positions available
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
Opening Date: 12/06/2019
Closing Date: 10/07/2019
Many of our clients are on a ‘digital transformation journey’ to increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. Our highly specialised Data Science and Engineering team in our KPMG ‘Lighthouse’ uses advanced analytical techniques and industrial scale technology platforms to help our clients accelerate their digital transformation journeys. Typical projects require extracting a variety of data at large scale, drawing deep insights using complex analytical algorithms, and visualising the results to articulate compelling and engaging stories that, in the end, deliver increased value from that data. Our UK team works closely together with data science and engineering teams around the world, supported by our global ‘Ignite platform’, in order to maximise our collective success
The Job Description
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Our Data Scientists support the whole firm on a wide variety of projects, across our Audit, Tax and Advisory business. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including business disruption, process optimisation, resource optimisation, fraud, regulatory compliance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more
Client related work
: A Data Scientist would typically work under the guidance of a Senior Data Scientist and collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to show the art of the possible and to assess possible value and feasibility of applying data science in order to help solve specific business problems. This could include demoing to prospective clients, developing data strategies, leading feasibility studies, explorative data analysis, delivering minimal viable products or fully fledged projects including putting our models into production either on our own or our client’s environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
Operate as part of a team of Data Scientists on specific engagements, focused on the development, training and monitoring of data science solutions that accelerate our clients’ digital journeys.
Work collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to develop solutions that solve business problems
Support client engagements focused on large data sets and applying advanced analytical techniques, in diverse domains such as retail price optimisation, channel management, marketing strategies, customer intelligence, financial crime, risk management, healthcare digitisation, smart grids, etc.
Monitor performance to ensure models perform as effectively as possible.
Develop new, or tailor existing, analytical solutions designed for processing large data sets (e.g. using an Hadoop framework) and by applying advanced analytical techniques (e.g. machine learning, neural networks, NLP, A/B testing, etc.)
Liaise with our advanced Data Engineers in terms of data engineering, model deployment and architecture activities to jointly build solutions that will interoperate seamlessly with other elements of the broader information architecture
Well versed at applying advanced analytical techniques to large and varied data sets, generated and flowing at a rapid rate. Sample techniques include, but are not limited to:
Applied machine learning
Natural language processing
Collaborative filtering and recommender systems
Neural networks (including recurrent, convolutional)
Event detection and tracking
Analysing data growth and lead capacity/sizing activities to arrive at the most appropriate commercial and technical solution
Generating and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyse historical data, identify patterns from samples for reporting of trends and support Predictive Analytics
Leveraging data visualisation techniques and tools to effectively demonstrate patterns, outliers and exceptional conditions in the data
Creating performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of Data Science solutions
Deploying models into production, with awareness of the challenges.
Conceptualising necessary data governance models to support the technical solution and assure the veracity of the data
Operating within the exploratory and experimental aspects of Data Science, e.g. to tease out interesting and previously unknown insights from vast pools of data
Working collaboratively with other members of the Data Science and Information Architecture teams to innovate and create compelling data-centric stories and experiences
Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists and in big data platforms, like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java.
Track record in staying conversant in new analytic technologies, architectures and languages – where necessary – for storing, processing and manipulating this type of data
Demonstrated Data Science consultancy skills, e.g. participate in hypotheses workshops, mentoring more junior team members, preparing reports and presenting data science results.
Skilled to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the organization
Planning and organisation skills so as to work with a high performance team, handle demanding clients and multitask effectively
Experience in data, data science, data engineering and/or other technology related capabilities
BSc (ideally MSc) in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical field
A combination of one or more of the following:
Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java, C++
Skills in data engineering technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Elasticsearch
SQL and NoSQL databases
• We require the individual to lead technical client projects and support internal product development around risk and regulatory issues within complex trading and wholesale businesses.
• Support the development of trading and wholesale conduct topics including Market Abuse, Benchmarks and Risk Free rates, FX Conduct, Standards in wholesale markets and Electronic trading.
• Advise clients on the benefits and impact of regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to trading businesses.
• Keep abreast of all latest trends and any new regulations, leveraging off international SME support where applicable.
• The individual may also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Good understanding of trading businesses.
• Strong understanding of financial products (cash and derivatives) including the front to back of how they are traded, booked and risk managed.
• Strong familiarity with role of key bank functions including Front office, Market Risk, Product control, Treasury and Compliance.
• Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banking clients and impacting trading businesses.
• A practical understanding of the ‘three lines of defence’ model.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking engagements.
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
• Higher qualification in mathematical subject (Maths, Economics, Physics, Engineering etc) (or other related degree) or programming skills advantageous.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Experience of financial products and front-to-back controls either through working in a front office, Market risk or Product control or consulting environment.
• Risk management experience through within a banking , market infrastructure and/or asset management organisation advantageous
• Experience of regulation impacting banks trading functions - Mifid II, EU BMR, SMCR, MAR.
• Strong project management skills, evidenced by a demonstrable record of technical change management in a trading / treasury environment.