I'm looking for
Search results for "Connected Engineering"
Associate Director - Quantity Surveyor - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager- Deal Analytics - Data Science
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
Audit Assistant Manager - National Markets- Southampton
Service Line: Audit
Assistant Managers - People Consulting (Corps - BCM)
Service Line: People Consulting
Senior QA Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
The Major Projects Advisory practice is a global practice within KPMG, with practices in the UK, USA, Australia, South Africa, India and the Middle East. The UK practice is well-established with a team of circa 50 people who work occasionally on overseas assignments.
Our focus is on major infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients in particular in the following sectors:
- Natural resources
- Power and utilities
- Oil, gas and process engineering
The UK MPA Team sit across three locations - London, Manchester and Birmingham. For this role you will be working from our London office in Canary Wharf but will need to frequently travel to client locations throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
The role is for a Quantity Surveyor or an Engineer with a good level of experience and understanding of the commercial management of major construction / infrastructure projects. We are seeking talented individuals that have experience working for major UK contractors, consulting or client organisations.
You will be working with colleagues to provide advice to or conduct project reviews for clients who may be project owners or contractors. Reviews may be focused around identifying whether projects are likely to be delivered to schedule and budget or to establish causative reasons for poorer than expected project performance. Assignments will also involve the review of processes and controls and advising on specific aspects of commercial management of contracts.
The role requires significant post-qualification experience with the following attributes:
- A deep understanding of the issues that impact project performance
- The ability to quickly assess new situations and data to provide a basis for developing an understanding of the causative issues.
- Set out a clear approach to taking on a new project issue in the most efficient manner
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Capable of articulating effective solutions to project issues base on own knowledge and experience.
- Clear, concise, fact-based report writing
- Understanding of standard industry contractual forms
- Achieved RICS professional qualification or similar engineering qualification.
- Competent in producing and assessing project commercial reports
Experience in some of the following areas would also be of benefit:
- Project management
- Earned value management
- Risk management
- Programme management
- Claims, disputes, dispute avoidance
- Governance and control of projects
In addition to the technical requirements of the role we also expect the successful individual to be capable of:
- Working alone or in a team
- Providing appropriate advice to clients and managing client relationships
- Maintaining your requirements for continuing professional development
- Assisting with business development
- Coaching and mentoring staff where appropriate
- Playing an appropriate role in supporting the team’s business development initiatives
- Helping to convert opportunities to deliver work to potential clients
- Good stakeholder and client engagement
Our highly specialised Data Science and Engineering team in our KPMG ‘Lighthouse’ uses advanced analytical techniques and industrial scale technology platforms to help our clients address complex business challenges. Typical projects require extracting a variety of data at large scale, drawing deep insights using complex analytical algorithms, and visualising the results to articulate compelling and engaging stories that, in the end, deliver increased value from that data. Our UK team works closely together with data science and engineering teams around the world, specifically for this role with colleagues in the US, supporting the global Deal Advisory strategy as well as KPMG Deal Advisory (Corporate Finance, Transaction Services and Value Creation) teams.
The Job Description
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
A Data Scientist would typically work under the guidance of a Senior Data Scientist and work collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to show the art of the possible and to assess possible value and feasibility of applying data science in order to help solve specific business problemsAsset development
: Build data science assets in line with the Dal Advisory global strategy, to ensure we have the platforms and core assets in place to meet market demand. This could also include supporting our continuous improvement process around our own design and development processes e.g. about how we ensure the high quality that our clients require in an efficient manner.
: As a fast growing highly specialised team, you will be
involved in the running and growing of our team, e.g. through involvement in hiring and coaching colleagues, helping with knowledge management, organising team meetings or other events.
Roles & Responsibilities
Support client engagements focused on large data sets and applying advanced analytical techniques, in diverse domains such as retail price optimisation, channel management, marketing strategies, customer intelligence, , etc.
Monitor performance to ensure models perform as effectively as possible.
Develop new, or tailor existing, analytical solutions designed for processing large data sets (e.g. using an Hadoop framework) and by applying advanced analytical techniques (e.g. machine learning, neural networks, NLP, A/B testing, etc.)
Balance statistical rigor and thoroughness with cost and speed based on the client's budget and time frame
Prioritize and effectively manage several deal deliverables across multiple deals and workstreams
Help maintain and win new business by working with Partners on client and target pitches and business development case books
Act as Performance Manager and mentor to junior colleagues
Well versed at applying advanced analytical techniques to large and varied data sets, generated and flowing at a rapid rate. Sample techniques include, but are not limited to:
Applied machine learning
Natural language processing
Collaborative filtering and recommender systems
Event detection and tracking
Generating and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyse historical data, identify patterns from samples for reporting of trends and support Predictive Analytics
Leveraging data visualisation techniques and tools to effectively demonstrate patterns, outliers and exceptional conditions in the data
Operating within the exploratory and experimental aspects of Data Science, e.g. to tease out interesting and previously unknown insights from vast pools of data
Working collaboratively with other members of the Data Science and Information Architecture teams to innovate and create compelling data-centric stories and experiences
Experience managing multiple projects and teams at the same time
Ability to make well-reasoned, data-driven decisions in ambiguous or interpretive business situations
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to thoroughly yet concisely explain:
Technical concepts and analytics-driven findings
Business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to non-technical resources
Desire to work in fast-paced, team-oriented, loosely-structured environment
Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists and in big data platforms, like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java.
Track record in staying conversant in new analytic technologies, architectures and languages – where necessary – for storing, processing and manipulating this type of data
Demonstrated Data Science consultancy skills, e.g. running hypotheses workshops, mentoring more junior team members, preparing reports and presenting data science results.
Skilled in communicating with a variety of stakeholders in the organization
Planning and organisation skills so as to work with a high performance team, handle demanding clients and multitask effectively
5+ years of experience in data, data science, data engineering and/or other technology related capabilities
Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical field
Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java, C++
KPMG is one of the leading audit practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. If you join our audit team, you could benefit from increased amounts of training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in audit regulation and accounting and auditing standards.
KPMG Southampton provides audit services across a range of sectors and clients include a number of FTSE and AIM listed businesses. The department in Southampton is led by one Partner and five Directors, and is supported by other services, including Corporate Taxation and Restructuring.
Our Southampton office is in the Eastleigh area, situated just off junction 14 of the M3 and junction 5 of the M27. The office offers parking for all staff, however there is also Eastleigh train station 2.5 miles away from the office which is a well-connected part of the South West trains network. Eastleigh is the northern side of Southampton which makes it much more easily accessible by car and public transport during busy periods. It is also situated approximately 8 miles from the city of Winchester boasting lovely scenery, restaurants and shops.
Southampton itself is a vibrant and well-connected coastal city, which is home to 250,000 people and has excellent transport connections with the rest of the UK being only 75 miles from London which is accessible directly by train, and it also has its own airport. It is home to more than 40 live music venues and 550 restaurants and pubs and is one of the greenest cities in the UK, with a number of award winning green spaces and Grade II listed public parks.
We are looking for recently qualified accountants to join the audit practice in our Southampton office. As an assistant manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. Many of our clients are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS. Experience of US GAAP would be an advantage although not essential.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Continuously learns from experiences.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities. Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
Qualifications and Skills:
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification. We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
People and Change is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team help to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas – delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, transformational change programmes and transforming the HR function.
We have 5 key capabilities that work across the sectors:
• Behavioural Change Management
• Human Resources Optimisation
• Organisation Design for Performance
• Talent Management
• Workforce Intelligence
We are seeking talented individuals with experience of Behavioural Change Management (BCM) to join our growing Corporates team, working closely with clients across Energy, Industrial Manufacturing, Life Sciences and Aerospace & Defence.
Candidates should have demonstrable knowledge, experience and proficiency relevant to a number of our BCM areas (e.g. deep practical expertise across the following):
• Stakeholder analysis, engagement and management
• Case for change agreement and leadership alignment
• Communication and engagement strategy, planning and delivery
• Change Risk and Impact assessment and management
• Change leadership assessment, gap analysis, implementation planning and delivery
• Culture assessment, gap analysis, implementation planning and delivery
• Change Plan development and implementation
• Change Metrics identification, assessment and management
• Digital change tool deployment and implementation
Experience of delivering BCM as part of a business or functional transformation is highly desired. BCM in support of technology implementation is also desired.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Project manage client work and/or manage a single workstream within a more complex change programme
• Manage a small team of consultants, likely to include a mix of onshore and offshore team members
• Work closely with the client project manager and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of project deliverables
• Contribute to BCM business development. This may include working with key account teams to scope opportunities or help to develop proposals to meet client requirements
• Work across consulting teams to drive the value of BCM as part of our connected business
Required Skill and Qualifications
• strong commercial acumen
• Able to thrive in a really fast paced working environment.
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Previous consulting experience
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral
• strong familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
• Qualifications such as CIPD or Occupational psychology or MBA or Prince2
Multiple Positions available
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
Opening Date: 12/06/2019
Closing Date: 10/07/2019
The Technology & Engineering team we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Technology & Engineering we are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
You will be embedded in the Product Engineering team and work in multidisciplinary product squads, to carry out comprehensive quality assurance testing for our products.
We welcome QA engineers from all technical backgrounds who are happy to bring their experiences on board. You will have to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and being able to come up with creative solutions. You should be passionate for technology and eager to learn. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You will be expected to take an automation-first approach to the QA process and make use of some of the latest automation tools and frameworks to build pipelines which support continuous testing.
You are expected develop your technical skills within the following areas:
• Unit and integration testing
• API test automation
• Web and mobile test automation with tools such as Selenium or Katalon Studio
• Test containerisation using technologies such as Docker
• Performance testing
• Maintaining test pipelines using continuous integration tools like Jenkins / TeamCity
• Cross platform, cross browser testing using technologies such as BrowserStack
• Agile test management using tools such as Jira and Confluence
Expected role behaviours:
• Advocate QA best practices in the engineering team, with an automation-first approach
• Work in mixed capability product squads, following and advocating agile principles
• Take technical responsibility for your solutions
• Effectively negotiate requirements and timescales for your tasks
• Explain your solutions to non-technical stakeholders
• Effectively collaborate and defend and discuss your solutions with the other team members, including colleagues from other capabilities (e.g. software engineers, business analysts, UX designers)
• Identify inefficiencies and recommend solutions
• Take an active role in mentoring and supporting development of junior team members
Day to day tasks:
• Write and execute manual functional test scenarios
• Maintain and enhance test automation frameworks
• Create and execute automated functional test scenarios and raise defects
• Execute mobile automation test scripts
• Execute performance test scripts
• Contribute to accessibility test strategy and apply tooling to uncover defects
• Contribute to improving delivery by carrying out evidence-based test analysis and design