I'm looking for
Search results for "Corporate Affairs"
Manager – Strategic Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director - Strategy - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager, Corporate Finance Valuations – ENR
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director- Corporate Finance (North)
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director - Corporate Finance - London Regions - Cambridge
Service Line: Corporate Finance
KPMG's Infrastructure and Government sector is looking at hiring candidates to join their London- based team. The team needs professional, talented individuals who have a passion for identifying, creating and delivering innovative solutions for public sector clients.
The role of KPMG’s I&G Strategic Advisory team is to work with Government and Industry on the biggest, most complex, and pressing strategic and policy implementation issues. As part of a fast paced and dynamic group, practitioners will have the opportunity to offer and deliver advice on strategic options, business cases and operating models to public sector, agency and corporate clients. Most work is undertaken in multidisciplinary teams, and there will be opportunities to work across both public and private sectors in areas such as justice, home affairs, trade, business support, transport innovation and technologies, roads, rail, water and nuclear.
It is an exciting time to join this team as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and strength of client relationships. We are working on some fascinating public issues – ranging, for example, from the rise of autonomous vehicles, to growing regional trade or the creation of new markets for provision of public services. As a team, we are a group of individuals who are passionate about having fun both inside and outside of work.
To be an effective Manager, applicants will be expected to:
- Design and run small projects and / or large, complex work streams with limited oversight.
- Generate hypothesis and play a leading role in storyboarding
- Liaise effectively with clients whilst working on engagements and act as an ‘ambassador’ for KPMG
- Produce client ready deliverables that exceed expectations and require limited review
- Develop solutions to complex problems and challenge the thinking of more senior colleagues and clients
- Construct detailed financial / business models performing complex scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Support the identification of on-sell / cross-sell opportunities
- Provide timely feedback and coaching to other team members
- Be comfortable handling ambiguity and changing client demands
- Demonstrate deep expertise and an ability to generate insights in the sector with a demonstrated passion for public issues
- Build and maintain a strong internal and external network
- Demonstrate high levels of drive, ambition, and able to lead work at high levels of intensity
Applicants will need to display the following:
- Experience of working with clients and having a strong understanding of the issues facing the public sector
- Ability to lead parts of complex projects or programmes in the relevant sectors
- Ability to display involvement in business development activity e.g. building relationships with clients during engagements
- Experience of contributing to thought leadership and knowledge management activities
- Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Structured thinking skills combined with creativity
- Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
- Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
- Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges. With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG's Infrastructure and Government (I&G) focussed Strategy Team is looking to hire the right candidates to join their London- based team. The team needs professional, talented individuals who have a passion for identifying, creating and delivering innovative solutions for public and private sector clients.
The role of KPMG’s I&G Strategic Advisory Services (SAS) team is to work with Government and Industry on the biggest, most complex, and pressing strategic, policy and programme implementation issues. As part of a fast paced and dynamic group, practitioners will have the opportunity to offer and deliver advice on strategic options, business cases and operating models to public sector, agency and corporate clients. We sit in Deal Advisory (DA) but most work is undertaken in multidisciplinary teams, and there will be opportunities to work across both public and private sectors in areas such as justice, home affairs, trade, business support, transport innovation and technologies, roads, rail, water and nuclear.
We advise clients across the public sector and infrastructure and transport sectors, to address their most high profile and complex strategic challenges which are novel, contentious and repercussive. Typically the advice we provide them with can be categorised in the following way:
• Market assessment (e.g. market, policy, regulatory or technology trends, market and supply chain capability and capacity)
• Business Strategy (e.g. vision, objectives, strategic options, future proofing, financial sustainability)
• Operating Strategy (e.g. operating model design, governance and structures, incentives)
• Market Making (e.g. complex business cases, market engagement, procurement strategy)
It is an exciting time to join this team as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and strength of client relationships. We are working on some fascinating public issues – ranging, for example, from the rise of autonomous vehicles, to growing regional trade or the creation of new markets for provision of public services. The team blends this with support to the largest infrastructure operators and infrastructure programmes in the UK. As a team, we are a group of individuals who are passionate about having fun both inside and outside of work.
Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
• Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
To be an effective Associate Director within the team, applicants will be expected to:
• Build deep client relationships and be seen as the ‘go to’ person and a trusted adviser by C-level executives.
• Finalise the preparation of the client deliverables and identify the critical areas for debate
• Undertake scoping and fee negotiation on standard engagements
• Actively develop own knowledge and expertise in chosen proposition(s) and sector of choice
• Proactively develop thought leadership
• Lead the design of standard / complex engagements
• Lead complex storyboarding and shape the issue identification and overall problem solving approach to develop recommendations
• Present and refine business models and data analysis solutions through discussions with management
• Identify, pursue and convert a pipeline of business development opportunities
• Inspire, motivate, coach and develop project team members and appraisees, and give constructive upwards feedback
• Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
• Identify, pursue and convert a pipeline of business development opportunities for the team
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand others motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
Essential Skills and Experience
• Considerable experience of leading complex projects, in relevant the sectors, with multi-disciplinary teams in a consulting or corporate environment (a strategy house, big 4 firm or central strategy / corporate development team of a large company)
• Track record of working closely with Government/Infrastructure clients to deliver high impact recommendations and having a detailed understanding of the value drivers within the relevant sectors
• Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior public and private sector stakeholders
• Demonstrable ability to adapt quickly in changing circumstances, be an active learner and build innovative solutions
• Examples illustrating their collaborative and transparent team approach, readily sharing knowledge with the team, working through silos and respectful of others’ views and opinions
• Strong academics, at degree level or equivalent
• Current UK security clearance to SC or above is advantageous
• Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
• Structured thinking skills combined with creativity
• Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
• Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
• Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
Closing Date: 23rd August 2019
Salary: Competitive + negotiable bonus + benefits
The Valuation Group is seeking a manager to join the team based in London. The team advises on complex and global valuation assessments in the context of transactions, accounting requirements and valuations for reporting purposes to the fund investors.
As we want to expand our ENR services we are looking for candidates with a background in Energy & Natural Resources (ENR).
Key Role & Responsibilities
• Acting as project manager for the engagement including day-to-day contact with the client, understand the clients’ needs and draft effective storyboards
• Attending client meetings and leading/presenting particular sections of work with clarity and impact
• Take responsibility for quality of deliverables, clearly link findings to valuation model and explain key drivers in the report
• Takes responsibility for directing the way the team will be managed and coached during projects including ensuring appropriate objectives are agreed.
• Full ownership and responsibility for delivering comprehensive written reports tailored to client’s specific needs and requirements on the project
• Using own initiative and sound judgement to identify key issues and client needs, developing suggested solutions, elevating and consulting with other team members as required
• Build and review financial and valuation models of various complexity levels
• Sufficiently coordinating the delivery of integrated, multi-discipline and multi-location engagements
• Ensuring adherence to all compliance and regulatory rules
• Managing client expectations and dealing with challenging situations,
• Managing engagements to the agreed budget, time and quality standards
• Work with Partners and Directors in the group to draft good quality proposals
• Participating and running team meetings and technical training
The Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for the job
• ACA or equivalent financial qualification and be working towards a CFA
• Sector knowledge in mining, windfarms, oil & gas and steel
• Demonstrates excellent understanding of most valuations methodologies including business valuations, restructuring, fairness opinion, joint venture, discounted rate analysis and purchase price allocation
• Experience of working closely with Arabic states as well as knowledge of language
• Evidence of independent good quality idea generation in sectors
• Experience of working in buyside financial due diligence projects
• Strong quantitative and Excel / modelling skills
• Excellent attention to detail with an ability to deliver high quality presentations and analysis
• Strongly rated self-starter who demonstrates initiative, confidence and solid influencing skills
• Proven track record of building and maintaining lasting internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Strong project management skills and demonstrable ability to deliver high quality work
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional people skills and proven ability to mentor and develop more junior colleagues
• Proven record of getting quickly up to speed and gain in-depth understanding of the business operations, the industry and the economy in question
KPMG Corporate Finance & the opportunity
KPMG is the leading mid market M&A advisor in UK, Europe and Globally. Everything we do is aimed at adding value for our clients whether they are buying, selling or re-financing their business, through objective, unbiased advice supported by:
genuine integrity and independence
deep sector knowledge global
connectivity with the financial markets
Opportunities exist to join KPMG’s Northern M&A team supporting and leading deal origination and execution across sectors.
The role will allow the successful candidate to work on a broad range of domestic and international transactions for corporate, private equity and owner managed clients.
The scope of the role will include both execution of transactions as well as origination of new opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Manage M&A projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being the day to day point of contact for clients.
Actively managing client interfaces taking responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution.
Lead projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being one of the senior points of contact with clients on M&A projects
Actively managing client interfaces, taking responsibility for the day to day project management and delivery of M&A transactions. This will include assuming responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution
Leading and managing the delivery of transaction documentation including pitch materials and client proposals
Directing and managing colleagues, wider support staff and other external advisers
Supervising and reviewing financial analysis complex modelling carried out by team members
Build and develop strong relationships in the market
Take responsibility for agreed areas of origination and business development
Set, monitor and control M&A project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements.
Attributes, Qualifications & Skills
Strong academic background.
Experience within M&A advisory with proven execution ability and origination skills across the North East of England
Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
Excellent report writing skills.
Independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions.
Comfortable discussing financially related commercial issues.
Ability to work on a range of projects simultaneously to demanding timetables.
Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers, but also a team player.
Experience of working in and managing small teams.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Commitment to high quality standards & detail oriented.
Personal drive to deliver results.
Ability to be based in and work across the Northern Region (Leeds based role)
Sector specific experience not a requirement but may be beneficial.
Experience & Background
Have a sound knowledge of M&A through investment banking, advisory firms, private equity, M&A Boutique or corporate business development.
The London region is an exciting, high growth area for M&A with significant market opportunities across all sectors. We work with a range of clients from dynamic owner managed businesses through to leading plc’s. We provide in depth advice on corporate finance issues and corporate financial management; regulatory finance, regulation and policy, as well as other strategic issues affecting value. We are widely recognised by many as the leading mind-market advisor operating in the UK.
Our business is a key driver for growth within our National M&A business and is expanding rapidly. We are recruiting for an experienced Associate Director to work in a number of different sectors within our London team.
The business has significant growth ambitions, through continued deep sector expertise and delivering the highest quality deal execution. The KPMG M&A business, spanning the spectrum of strategic, regulatory and deal advisory service lines; having built:
- Senior and trusted client relationships across mid-market and global companies, new strategic entrants, financial investors and leading entrepreneurs.
- An enviable set of market credentials across each of KPMG’s major service lines.
- A diverse skill set and deep sector expertise spanning across all sectors.
The role will allow the successful candidates to work on a broad range of domestic and international transactions for corporate, financial institutions, private equity and owner managed clients. The scope of the role will include both execution of transactions as well as helping with the origination of new opportunities.
You can help clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, initial public offerings (IPOs), real estate deals, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business and company valuations and fairness opinions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being one of the senior points of contact with clients on M&A projects
- Actively managing client interfaces, taking responsibility for the day to day project management and delivery of M&A transactions. This will include assuming responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution
- Lead and manage the delivery of transaction documentation including pitch materials and client proposals
- Direct and manage colleagues, wider support staff and other external advisers
- Supervise and review financial analysis complex modelling carried out by team members
- Build and develop strong relationships in the market
- Take responsibility for agreed areas of origination and business development
- Set, monitor and control M&A project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements.
- Relevant Corporate Finance experience in an Investment Bank, Big 4, Private Equity Team, M&A Boutique or Corporate business development role.
- Sector specific M&A experience and strong Transactional experience with a demonstrable record of deal execution across all phases of the transaction cycle from origination to completion
- Strong academic background (ACA, CFA, MBA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of financing structures, particularly, debt project finance, equity infrastructure finance including high leverage and other types of project based financing;
- Knowledge and experience of advising and executing projects to a financial close for private sector clients (including M&A and refinancing);
- Knowledge and experience of advising public sector clients with particular experience of undertaking option appraisals, value for money analysis and business case development;
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience of Financial modelling including LBO & DCF analysis
- Skilled in financial modelling, financial analysis, in addition to having an understanding of financial accounting;
- Strong ability to interpret and present outputs from financial models to support the provision of commercial advice;
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector;
- Have experience of working in and managing people in teams; Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables.