I'm looking for
Search results for "Data & Analytics"
Third Party Risk Manager - Technology Risk - Financial Services
Service Line: RC Technology
Associate Director - Deal Strategy & Value Creation
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager - Legal Services, Commercial - London
Service Line: Legal Services
Oracle Financials Manager - Record to Report
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Technical Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Assistant Manager – Credit Risk
Service Line: FRM
The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance on our clients' technology risks and controls. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age. We are building out our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls. We are focused on project and programme risk, operational and technology resilience, technology risk and control, impact of regulatory change on data and technology and third party risk management. All underpinned by analytics. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, as well as projects with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence.
• Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
• Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering risk services to the Financial Services sector with particular focus on Third Party Risk Management
• Oversight of delivery of Third Party Risk Management consulting projects - including reviews of maturity, process, governance and operating model. Advice on automation and tooling, conulting advice on regulatory requirements and expectations on Third Party Risk Management. Oversee and deliver end to end supplier assurance projects and Third Party Risk Management transformation projects
• Assume ownership of key client relationships, identify revenue-generating opportunities and get involved in business development activities.
• Build and develop relationships with key market contacts
• Develop industry and technical expertise and be positioned as an Third Party Risk Management SME for the Financial Services sector
• Identify, anticipate and recommend the need for and make changes to third party risk management methodologies and related services in response to changing risk profiles and regulatory expectations
• Build relationships with other departments to further develop and mature KPMG's Third Party Risk Management offering
• Understand the Financial Services industry - key performance drivers, emerging technical and industry developments
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand others motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
Qualifications and Skills
• Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering risk and controls assessments.
• Proven experience of implementing Third Party Risk Management frameworks in large Financial Services organisations
• Thorough understanding of Third Party Risk Management and experience of developing Third Party Risk Management programs for Financial Services organisations
• Extensive knowledge and insight of regulatory requirements and expectations on Third Party Risk Management and wider risks
• Extensive knowledge of related regulations
• Degree/masters qualification in IT
Experience and Background
• Experience of building Third Party Risk Management programs in the Financial Services sector from the ground-up
• Experience of the end to end procurement lifecycle
• Extensive experience of working with UK regulators to provide knowledge and insights on regulatory thinking on third party risk management
• Experience of reviewing Third Party Risk Management for banks and/or insurers and providing gap assessments and remediation plans
• Experience of managing business and IT stakeholders from across the business and all levels of seniority, including CIO, CFO and CISO
• Ability to identify and assess IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
• Strong understanding of Financial Services sector
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Strong leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment
• Ability to play an active role in the business development process
• Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people
• Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Demonstrate professional scepticism - proven track record of constructively challenging clients to drive best results
• An aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technology
• Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients
• Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours to accommodate tight timelines and manage well under pressure
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £400m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
Deal Advisory has an exciting opportunity to join the Deal Strategy and Value Creation team who are developing a new Integrated Value Delivery (IVD) proposition. This will provide our clients with a holistic, integrated portfolio of implementable value creation opportunities in deal situations, underpinned by advanced data science and industry insights, delivered in a deal-speed timeframe. This team is a cross functional (commercial, operational and digital), agile capability group that will help KPMG generate revenue from broader deal value creation opportunities
We are looking for an experienced deal strategy and value creation practitioner, with a deep spike in any of commercial, operations or digital value creation to play a key role in building this team by leading both the i) internal capability build-out as well as ii) leading day-today delivery of projects and setting up post-deal opportunities for other areas of the firm (I&S, Consulting) to deliver. All Associate Directors are expected to play an active role in both internal activities and deliver IVD mandates.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will involve:
Internal capability build-out (25% of time)
- Key contributor to the development of the IVD proposition, focusing on commercial and / or operational value creation opportunities and building out new propositions (excluding digital)
- Training of junior staff to be able to rapidly identify and structure ‘investment thesis’ ready value creation upsides for target deals (including material development and workshops)
- Play an integral role in recruitment (internal and external) of junior team members (including interviewing, representation at external relevant events etc.)
- Assist with building library of value creation ‘tiles’ specific to UK market, interacting with internal and external experts
- Help IVD build origination pipeline:
o Build internal relationships, through networking, with other KPMG teams to ensure relevant stakeholders are aware of and understand IVD proposition
o Build external marketing suite to re-educate market on KPMG offering; working closely with the team’s leadership to shape go-to-market capability, and help launch the IVD offering in the market
- Assist with thought leadership activity for the team
Client facing Origination and Delivery role (75% of time)
- Manage IVD engagements, operating as a delivery day-to-day lead for end-to-end IVD engagements and act as a key client-facing member of the team
o Be able to articulate sector specific hypotheses to drive value creation potential
o Manage the project from inception to completion, including project risk set-up, hypothesis generation, data request lists, client management, team management, delivery of high-quality output.
o Able to coach junior team on all elements of delivery including storyboarding, deep analytics approaches, and specific expertise in one of the core legs of commercial, operational or digital
o Bringing cutting edge thinking to clients to ensure rapid and insightful value creation delivery; leading innovation in core expertise area
o Sustain a reputation for delivery excellence in the marketplace and help grow/ build our brand
- Manage relationships with clients and investment professionals at Private Equity firms. Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders both at clients and within KPMG
- Assist with business development activities through development of proposals, pitches and point of view documents, and work with team leadership to win mandates across Corporate and Private Equity clients
- Ability & willingness to travel when necessary
- Possess deep knowledge of Commercial and Operational Due Diligence and value creation methods, tools etc. and the ability to identify value creation opportunities for businesses in their market place, thinking innovatively to think beyond traditional ‘CDD and ODD’
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle (pre-deal, deal and post-deal) and the role KPMG can play within it, with proven understanding of project delivery, value identification and deal execution
- Able to set-up ‘post-deal’ implementation storylines/ process to handover to other teams in KPMG
- Technical and analytical skills concerning the deal cycle and ability to identify areas of potential value across the deal cycle
- High-quality presentation skills with impact, competent in presenting ideas clearly, convincingly to influence senior stakeholders and possessing personal presence, with the ability to earn trust and respect
- An ability to multi-task effectively and balance time between project deliver, proposition development, coaching / training, and business development support effectively
- Proven management of teams, developing talent, developing and delivery of training materials
- Experience of delivery of high-quality client deliverables, demonstrating the value identified, and delivered, for clients
Experience and background
- Extensive experience in delivering high-quality value creation engagements in either private equity or corporates
- Commercial, Operational Due Diligence and/ or value creation engagements, with demonstrable experience across the deal lifecycle, working with both Private Equity and Corporations, is essential. Note, FDD experience will be less relevant for this role
- Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of projects. Minimum of 30 delivered engagements in commercial (including strategy), operational or digital value creation ideally across a number of sectors (Consumer, HLS, Industrial, Technology etc.)
- Experience in top-tier or 2nd tier strategy consulting practice would be beneficial
- Proven ability to grow, develop and manage teams of deal strategy and value creation practitioners that are able to successfully manage and complete multiple projects at once
- Experience of developing new client propositions (ideally utilising new technology for origination, analysis/ delivery), developing and delivering of training and development for team members
- Development of high-impact proposals or point-of-view packs as part of the business development process
- Proven ability to work with other teams within a business to identify the most suitable combination of skills to deliver high-impact for clients
You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team
You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by an established legal practice in a leading global professional services firm
You want the opportunity to develop client relationships and KPMG’s legal services capabilities
You are excited by the idea of being a member of a team that will grow significantly
You want to broaden your experience and become a more rounded professional
You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
What KPMG Legal Services is looking for from its lawyers:
Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with the development of junior team members
Lawyers with a passion for the law
Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients
Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally
Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Building and developing positive business relationships within and outside KPMG
Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure that our clients have comprehensive commercial law advice to support their decision-making
Working collaboratively to devise and driving forward creative legal solutions for clients
Providing our clients with a seamless multi-disciplinary legal implementation service on national and global projects
Assisting clients in the development of new businesses in the start-up phase or when wishing to enter new markets
Advising clients on the legal aspects of changes to their business models,including as a result of adoption of digital and other technologies.
Supporting clients with the legal implementation of their transformation programmes, including group restructuring, outsourcing, large scale technology programmes
Helping clients create, manage, exploit and protect their intellectual property assets.
Qualifications and Skills:
The applicant will be a commercial lawyer with experience of information technology law and agreements. The applicant will have experience in contractual drafting and negotiation gained on national and international projects, across a range of disciplines including:
Outsourcing arrangements (both ITO and BPO)
Software licensing, IT services and IT infrastructure arrangements (including public cloud and data centre arrangements)
IP licensing and also research and development agreements
The applicant should also have sufficient data protection experience to draft and advise on data transfer, data processor and data-sharing agreements.
Applicants who have some but not all of the above experience will still be considered.
Experience and Background:
The applicant must be a qualified lawyer with at least 4 years PQE
The applicant must be keen to develop and broaden his/her legal skills toinclude working on multi-disciplinary projects and being closer to the business side of these projects.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a strong performer and team player who is focussed on helping to ensure that the team successfully delivers projects for its clients. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues,he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
An interest in helping to build the team’s business and relationships will benefit the applicant.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further.
The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team.
The successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events , giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication.
Experience in some of the following sectors would be considered helpful:
Financial services (banking, insurance, investment management, payment services)
Transportation (bus, rail, automobiles, mobility as a service)
Digital infrastructure, including telecoms and data centres
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver SaaS ERP based transformation programmes based on KPMG Powered Enterprise. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, to support pre-sales activities and to develop improvement and extensions to the Powered Enterprise model. KPMG are growing their Powered Apps team to meet an ever-increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
• Communicating compelling and well thought out finance (record to report) solutions in response to complex client problems based on Oracle Cloud ERP technology
• Supporting business development and project delivery activities across clients from multiple industries
• Defining an overall finance solution leveraging leading practice solutions to support the business requirements
• System design and delivery, including release management, integration management, data migration strategy and management
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm.
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others.
• Seeks to understand other’s motivations.
• Supports others to make brave decisions.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• An understanding of the key finance business issues/drivers that result in clients pursuing transformation programmes.
• Experience of multiple industry sectors (e.g. Media, Services, Retail, Insurance, Local Government etc.).
• Experience of working effectively with senior client representatives.
• A specialist knowledge of Oracle Fusion based Record to Report (R2R) process area in detail i.e. General Ledger (including Intercompany), Chart of Accounts and Enterprise Structures.
• Good understanding of end-to-end Oracle R2R process including integration with Oracle AHCS and Oracle EPM would be desirable.
• Knowledge of the Oracle Fusion Acquire to Retire (A2R) process area, from a functional and business point of view, including the integrations with Asset Management Systems.
• Experience in designing A2R solutions to meet complex accounting requirements and Intercompany asset transfers.
• A background in designing and delivering end-to-end business processes across multiple Oracle Fusion process areas including Acquire to Retire (Assets), Order to Cash (Receivables, Cash Management and Collections, Source to Pay (Sourcing, Procurement, Payables and Payments) or Projects Accounting (Costing and Billing).
• An understanding of the functional, application and technical architectural elements of an Oracle Cloud ERP programme.
• Should be able to independently run client workshops to drive design decisions and system demonstration in both an in person and remote delivery mode.
• Prepare configuration & other design documents (Functional specification, Solution design document).
• Experience of Financial concepts (required for Oracle Cloud ERP Implementation projects).
• Experience to drive the technical deliverables such as Data migration principles & Integration Design (mainly from functional perspective).
• Experience of operating and implementing in a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise.
• Understanding of an Oracle Cloud delivery lifecycle using TCM or equivalent delivery method.
• Experience of managing procurement workstream delivery teams with colleagues including client and third parties.
• An appreciation of the influence of user experience-based design eg Personas, user journeys and how this can be used to augment a solution.
• Excellent documentation, reporting and presentation skills in both a virtual and in person mode.
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesise large amounts of information.
• Experience producing project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, configuration document, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc.).
• Highly proficient Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Projects.
• Excellent interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills.
• Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time.
• Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications.
• Good attention to detail and an ability to analyse and use data in decision making.
• Excellent organisational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
We are looking for an experienced Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) Technical Architect to be accountable for the technical design of D365FO solutions and the supporting infrastructure. You will work closely with both the functional team and the clients of KPMG. Your day-to-day function will require you to work closely with Consultants in designing solutions tailored to the customers’ requirements, which are often large-scale enterprise D365FO projects. This will require you to take a hands-on approach in designing and leading the technical implementation of Dynamics products, working with both onshore and offshore development teams. You will need to demonstrate an effective balance between management skills and a broad range of technical skills.
The D365FO Technical Architect is a key role to KPMG. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG.
— The D365FO Technical Architect will lead the technical delivery of D365FO;
— Be a champion for technical solutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of Dynamics D365FO development practices, and a good knowledge of other development techniques;
— Provide capability to develop sector specific templates to enhance the out of the box D365FO functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset;
— Deliver high quality development services to clients;
— Work closely with the architecture team to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providing development only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration - Creating high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation;
— Deliver training needs within the team and coach junior staff members;
— Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan;
— Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
— Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary;
— Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
— Participate in pre-sales activities as requested;
— Support practice development activities such as defining and configuring industry specific templates;
— Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Directors;
— In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
— Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills:
— Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
— Excellent presentation and consultancy skills;
— Ideally a minimum of 4-years hands-on experience with Dynamics AX 2012 and 2009, including appropriate certification;
— Experience with or exposure to Dynamics 365FO will be considered a strong positive;
— Experience of using PowerApps, Logic Apps, Common Data Service and other Azure Services;
— Knowledge of Lifecycle Services and Visual Studio Team Services;
— Experience in other technologies such as SQL, PowerBI, SharePoint along with a good knowledge of .Net;
— Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation;
— Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration;
— Knowledge in gathering technical requirements;
— Knowledge of Agile and other Sure Step methodologies;
— Good understanding of functional capabilities of D365FO – including certification in one of the following:
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trade & Logistics
— Experience in responding to RFPs and RFQs would be beneficial;
— Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams;
— Graduate degree from a University;
Experience and Background
— Expertise in providing development solutions in a D365FO environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant;
— Experience with D365FO in a Development Consulting role;
— Experience of at least two large scale ERP implementations;
— Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort;
— Pre-sales experience;
— Excellent presentation and demonstration skills;
— Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge;
— Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff.
- Experience defining and implementing Integration Design Patterns
- Experience defining and implementing a Data Migration Strategy
- Experience working with and deploying code packages and environment update releases
- Experience defining and implementing a BI Reporting Strategy
The role is based in Canary Wharf in London. The Salary to be paid is competitive.
Advising clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and
Basel credit risk capital requirements (IRB). This will model review and validation activities such as:
- Technical model development documentation review;
- Technical model validation documentation review;
- Assessment of model performance;
- Replication testing; and
- Reviewing models’ against IRB regulatory requirements.The individual will also be expected to perform technical analysis for workstreams within both IRB, IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Knowledge & Experience:
Proven experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques
Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IRB, IFRS9, and other regulatory credit risk models
Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications & Skills:
Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IRB and/or IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python
Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required