I'm looking for
Search results for "Data & Analytics"
Manager – Corporates Consulting – Customer Data/Analytics
Service Line: Customer
Data Scientist - Assistant Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Manager - Supply Chain Analytics
Service Line: Operational Transformation
ERP Analytics Manager - Audit - Clara Analytics
Service Line: Audit
Data Management & Governance Lead
Service Line: MC Technology
Our customers are facing a future of massive disruptiondriven by their customer expectations, new competition, technology innovationand growing data. We are helping our customers navigate through this disruptionby way of digitally transforming them and helping them to become data andinsights driven organisations.
We are significantly growing our Customer and DigitalTransformation practice to help our customers and to meet market demand andopportunities.
As a manager you’ll have the opportunity to translate customer’sbusiness challenges into data driven solutions streamlining their datamanagement processes and gather insights to deliver Business Intelligence throughinnovative reporting tools and visualisations.
You will be joining our market leading Insights andAnalytics practice delivering professional services to a range of customers includingDefence, Telecoms, Media, Energy, Oil and Gas.
Assist and develop innovative solutions toprocess and manage data
Advise upon data management, data governance anddata modelling; as well as advise on non-technology factors that help the clientmake best use of their data
Design and develop proofs of concepts, ongoingdata oriented managed services and enterprise wide business intelligencesolutions
Derive insights to solve complex analyticalproblems and develop visualisations
Lead and support pursuit of new work throughconversations with clients and active involvement in identifying businessdevelopment opportunities
Lead and manage Insight and Analytics team todeliver data and analytics engagements
Contribute to the development of your practiceand team’s technical acumen
Assist in developing hypothesis and businesscase, business and data analysis and requirements gathering
Keep up to date with changes and trends withinthe Data, Analytics & Digital Transformation fields
Data management, data governance, data modellingand analysis using innovative techniques to extract the necessary intelligence
Data management/engineering skills: SQL, ETL,Python, R
Data Visualisation skills: Power BI, Qlikview,Tableau
Big Data: Hadoop (Hortonworks, Cloudera, MapRetc.), Azure and NoSQL databases
Business Intelligence and Analytics
Advanced analytics or data science: SAS, SPSS, R(or Revolution R), Python etc.
Ability or experience in project management andstakeholder management
Ability to lead and direct data and analyticsteam
Prior consulting experience with Big Four orequivalent
Excellent communication skills, with the abilityto clearly articulate complexities in a simple, clear and compelling manner
Many of our clients are on a ‘digital transformation journey’ to increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. Our highly specialised Data Science and Engineering team in our KPMG ‘Lighthouse’ uses advanced analytical techniques and industrial scale technology platforms to help our clients accelerate their digital transformation journeys. Typical projects require extracting a variety of data at large scale, drawing deep insights using complex analytical algorithms, and visualising the results to articulate compelling and engaging stories that, in the end, deliver increased value from that data. Our UK team works closely together with data science and engineering teams around the world, supported by our global ‘Ignite platform’, in order to maximise our collective success
The Job Description
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Our Data Scientists support the whole firm on a wide variety of projects, across our Audit, Tax and Advisory business. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including business disruption, process optimisation, resource optimisation, fraud, regulatory compliance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more
Client related work
: A Data Scientist would typically work under the guidance of a Senior Data Scientist and collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to show the art of the possible and to assess possible value and feasibility of applying data science in order to help solve specific business problems. This could include demoing to prospective clients, developing data strategies, leading feasibility studies, explorative data analysis, delivering minimal viable products or fully fledged projects including putting our models into production either on our own or our client’s environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
Operate as part of a team of Data Scientists on specific engagements, focused on the development, training and monitoring of data science solutions that accelerate our clients’ digital journeys.
Work collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to develop solutions that solve business problems
Support client engagements focused on large data sets and applying advanced analytical techniques, in diverse domains such as retail price optimisation, channel management, marketing strategies, customer intelligence, financial crime, risk management, healthcare digitisation, smart grids, etc.
Monitor performance to ensure models perform as effectively as possible.
Develop new, or tailor existing, analytical solutions designed for processing large data sets (e.g. using an Hadoop framework) and by applying advanced analytical techniques (e.g. machine learning, neural networks, NLP, A/B testing, etc.)
Liaise with our advanced Data Engineers in terms of data engineering, model deployment and architecture activities to jointly build solutions that will interoperate seamlessly with other elements of the broader information architecture
Well versed at applying advanced analytical techniques to large and varied data sets, generated and flowing at a rapid rate. Sample techniques include, but are not limited to:
Applied machine learning
Natural language processing
Collaborative filtering and recommender systems
Neural networks (including recurrent, convolutional)
Event detection and tracking
Analysing data growth and lead capacity/sizing activities to arrive at the most appropriate commercial and technical solution
Generating and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyse historical data, identify patterns from samples for reporting of trends and support Predictive Analytics
Leveraging data visualisation techniques and tools to effectively demonstrate patterns, outliers and exceptional conditions in the data
Creating performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of Data Science solutions
Deploying models into production, with awareness of the challenges.
Conceptualising necessary data governance models to support the technical solution and assure the veracity of the data
Operating within the exploratory and experimental aspects of Data Science, e.g. to tease out interesting and previously unknown insights from vast pools of data
Working collaboratively with other members of the Data Science and Information Architecture teams to innovate and create compelling data-centric stories and experiences
Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists and in big data platforms, like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java.
Track record in staying conversant in new analytic technologies, architectures and languages – where necessary – for storing, processing and manipulating this type of data
Demonstrated Data Science consultancy skills, e.g. participate in hypotheses workshops, mentoring more junior team members, preparing reports and presenting data science results.
Skilled to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the organization
Planning and organisation skills so as to work with a high performance team, handle demanding clients and multitask effectively
Experience in data, data science, data engineering and/or other technology related capabilities
BSc (ideally MSc) in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical field
A combination of one or more of the following:
Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java, C++
Skills in data engineering technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Elasticsearch
SQL and NoSQL databases
We make processes frictionless and decisions effortless, in pursuit of our clients’ performance ambition. We are a mix of experienced consultants, industry veterans and the brightest talent of the future who work with world leading companies on the largest Supply Chain projects. Across our three main service lines Digital Supply Chain, Supply Chain Analytics and Supply Chain Transformation, your work will work cross-functionally with colleagues from across KPMGs capabilities (including Strategy, Finance Transformation, Global Business Services, CIO Advisory, Customer and Digital) to deliver multi-disciplinary solutions, at the forefront of technology.
We support our clients with complex commercial and transformational engagements in our three core areas including but not limited to;
- Digital Supply Chain; Digitisation of end to end supply chain processes, Omnichannel solutions, Control towers, Supply Chain visibility
- Supply Chain Analytics; Performance and cost analytics, maturity assessment and benchmarking. Insight and guidance on best practice and technology across the value chain, delivering both descriptive/diagnostic insights on historical performance and predictive/proscriptive recommendations for future improvements.
- Supply Chain Transformation; Analysis of existing capabilities, identifying improvements across people, process & technology. Defining new operating models, organisation re-design, and cultural change. Digital Strategies leveraging cloud based tools, RPA & AI to optimise demand planning, supply planning and logistics. Sourcing evaluation and roadmaps to transformation.
We are seeking a Manager experienced in Supply Chain Data and Analytics, with a proven track record of delivering technology enabled change to join our growing Corporates Operations practice. We are looking for someone with a strong background in leveraging data analytics tools and quantitative methods to generate insights to improve performance and enhance decision-making – however, it will be advantageous if you also have broader Supply Chain experience. The key services are: digital supply chain, supply chain analytics and supply chain transformation.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead analytics workstreams on large transformation engagements or leading smaller SC analytics engagements.
- Have the ability to ingest and process complex client datasets and be able see the wood from the trees to identify the key insights of what is currently happening.
- Identify potential improvement opportunities and using data driven methods to determine potential benefits and the business case for change.
- Contribute towards practice development to improve existing and identify new SC analytics propositions and solutions.
- Knowledge of statistics, simulation, mathematical modelling techniques, and the ability to directly relate this to supply chain optimization in order to generate strong business insights
- Extensive experience in using, implementing and/or developing the business requirements for leading supply chain data and analytics tools, e.g. Python, Java, Llamasoft suite.
- Experience undertaking and leading elements of supply chain transformation programmes including the implementation and deployment of technology.
- Experience working as a workstream lead on large engagements or as a project manager on smaller scale engagements
- Experience communicating compelling and well thought-out results and recommendations from analysis of complex datasets to a range of audience types.
- Stakeholder management
- Prior consulting experience within supply chain / operations consulting
- Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company or central Government experience
- Familiarity with Agile principles and project management methodology e.g. Scrum
- Knowledge of the current supply chain technology market
- Planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, data gathering, process mapping and analysis
- Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
Our projects include extracting, analysing and visualising data from our clients ERP systems to support audit and advisory engagements covering: process control, process & control optimisation, security, and ERP related GRC services. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, or as part of external and internal audit, or wider advisory engagements.
A Manager with a focus on ERP analytics would typically be responsible for ensuring the quality, value and timely delivery of a significant number of engagements. This will include supporting delivery of the high demand for data and analytics for some of our largest and most complex external and internal audits, but also supporting Consulting and Tax projects.
Alongside this, you would be responsible for supporting growth of the ERP analytics capability by supporting the development of new business from existing clients across the firm, as well as new prospects.
As a Manager, you will also get involved in product development and innovation activities, to ensure that KPMG’s ERP analytics capability remains market leading on a global scale, as well as the development of our ERP analytics specialists.
This role requires specific SAP and/or Oracle and data analytics (and/or GRC) experience. Delivering ERP process controls, data analytics and assurance services. The successful candidate will be involved in client facing and client relationship building across of range of corporate clients.
- Audit and advise clients that operate SAP or Oracle systems including GRC.
- Help clients enhance their own ERP data analytics capability.
- Engagement manager/ SME on SAP/ Oracle/ GRC control and/or data analytics engagements.
- Building and managing excellent client relationships across a range of clients.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in particular in the Audit and wider Advisory areas.
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. innovation, training, knowledge management.
- A good understanding of SAP, Oracle, data analytics and/or GRC technology platforms.
- Ability to identify and assess complex ERP risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express clear views.
Experience and Skills
- Experience of successfully delivering SAP/ Oracle security, control and data analytics
- Experience of supporting winning new business in this area, as well as growing existing clients and engagements
- Experience in Auditing and advising clients that operate SAP/ Oracle.
- Experience in Business process and functional experience of key SAP/ Oracle Financials modules, ideally including SAP HANA and/or Oracle Fusion
- Experience of GRC, Financials, BPC and BI.
- Experience of design, build and delivery of data analytics related capabilities
- Experience of using data analysis tools in an ERP environment, e.g. SQL, Alteryx, Qlik, Tableau.
In KPMG's Management Consulting (MC) practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team over 5 years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
The Data capability sits within the MC Technology Enablement and we leverage data technology to help our financial services clients achieve their business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Job Description: Joining the fast growing KPMG’s Data team in financial services means you will join a talented team of exceptional data colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day.
• You will join a rapidly growing Data team in Management Consulting Financial Services and your role will encompass delivering high quality outputs across Client/Project, People and Practice work.
• You will bring SME experience in at least one of our pillars: Data architecture, Data management & governance, Data Migration and/or Data Insights/visualisation.
• You will lead the design & deliver either overall solution architecture solutions, data governance frameworks, deliver data migration, and/or insights solutions
• You will communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex data challenges
• You will build relationships and actively seek out the local/global networks best experts to address client needs and build constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• You will take a leading role in the growth of the Data team and support the development of the other team members through coaching and mentoring
• You will develop business cases for transformation programmes based on industry insight and providing the roadmap to ensure the achievement of the planned benefits
• You will work closely with leadership team to help build key propositions to go-to market
• You will raise the profile of our data services within the organisation, helping KPMG colleagues & clients understand the value of data as part of Connected Consulting
• Is able to identify opportunities, sell-on client work and make a significant contribution in supporting a market proposition and practice development
• Has experience of scoping and leading projects of upwards of £500k, clients and senior stakeholders. Able to develop sales pitches & proposals to explain the value of our services
• Has specialist knowledge and technical expertise in at least one of our data pillars:
1. Data & Systems Architecture: Experience in advising the operation and implementation of a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise. Proficient in data modelling, data integration and design data platforms to support advanced analytics and AI/ML capabilities
2. Data Management & Governance: Experience in advising FS firms in their data strategy from the design of data management & governance frameworks, data standards to delivering data lineage, data quality controls, data sourcing and profiling and MDM solutions
3. Data Migration: Experience in advising in data migration related issues from strategy and scoping through to implementation and ultimate Go-Live. Working with stakeholders to define delivery model based on resources, infrastructure landscape and SME availability
4. Data Insights/Visualisation: Develop clients’ vision for data analytics in their business and help them realise how they could increase profitability and reduce risk through better sourcing, ETL and provisioning of data and benefit from benefit from trending capabilities like Data Science/ ML, Data Mining and NLP, as well as next-gen capabilities such as Cognitive Services
• Thrives on challenges and solving problems and energised and passionate to drive data solutions through to completion
• Has great presentation & communication skills. Able to describe complex technical issues in a clear, non-technical way
• Has strong inter-personal skills in order to build and maintaining strong working relationships with clients & colleagues
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns, builds co-operative relationships and fosters an inclusive environment
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring to support team development and career aspirations. Nurtures, trains & develops talent
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information, building relationships across the UK and Global KPMG practice
• Has sector experience of Financial Services, with a strength in one or more of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Life Insurance; General Insurance. Relevant related sector knowledge of core business functions across front to back office and relevant key regulations (e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, CDD/KYC/AML, BSBS239, FATCA, Dodd Frank, FRTB, GDPR)
• Has skills any of these technologies will be advantageous: Hadoop, AWS, MS Azure, GoogleCloud, Collibra, Informatica, SAS, PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, R, Python, Spark, Scala, Alteryx, Trillium, etc.