I'm looking for
Search results for "Data & Analytics"
Deal Advisory - Data Science
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
ERP Analytics Assistant Manager
Service Line: Audit
Forensic Technology – Data Analyst
Service Line: Forensic
Data Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: MC Technology
Data Strategy & Governance Lead
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
The Deal Analytics Team works with KPMG Deal Advisory (Corporate Finance, Transaction Services and Value Creation) teams to deliver value-add insights on the fundamentals of a Target business.
You will be joining a fast-growing team within Deal Advisory that is driving value for our clients using data-enabled solutions. We are looking for Assistant Managers, Managers and Associate Directors to join this team - So what’s that actually mean?
Our team works on a variety of engagements across industries, and the analytics required will vary by engagement.
Utilise a hypothesis-driven, problem-solving approach to explore data sets and design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses to identify patterns that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client
Perform machine learning, natural language, and statistical analyses, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods
Deploy, test, and observe your analyses to ensure they meet the user's unique demands
Automate analyses and author pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
Retrieve, prepare, and process data from a variety of sources such as social media, transaction databases, and operational data
Develop interactive dashboards and reports
Propose techniques to apply based on experience and familiarity with the data set, innovating new techniques when necessary
Generate repeatable data and analytic processes using tools such as R, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, and SQL Server
Work with cross-functional KPMG team members to develop and present findings
Balance statistical rigor and thoroughness with cost and speed based on the client's budget and time frame
Own or participate in every component of a client deliverable, from identifying client needs to producing the final presentation and reports
Prioritize and effectively manage several deal deliverables across multiple deals and workstreams
Effectively align managers and staff on your engagements with their interests and general business needs to provide real time feedback and guidance to client and diligence providers to help ensure timely and efficient product delivery
Help maintain and win new business by working with Partners on client and target pitches and business development case books
Act as Performance Manager and mentor to staff
Seven years of experience working as a data scientist, or equivalent
Master's Degree or PhD in Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics
Strong knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas: Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Forecasting, and/or Natural Language Processing
Experience working with Spark, Hive, Athena or other related technologies; Fluency in R, Python, or Julia
Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product; Ability to work in a Linux environment
Experience managing multiple projects and teams at the same time
Ability to make well-reasoned, data-driven decisions in ambiguous or interpretive business situations
Proven project management ability: planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to thoroughly yet concisely explain:
Technical concepts and analytics-driven findings
Business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to non-technical resources
Desire to work in fast-paced, team-oriented, loosely-structured environment
Travel as necessary, 10% - 30%
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 10/12/2019
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 08/01/2020
COMPETITVE SALARY + BENEFITS + BONUS
MULTIPLE ROLES AVAILABLE
Within Technology Risk Consulting, our ‘ERP Analytics’ capability performs a large amount of assurance and advisory work in helping clients get more value out of their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Business Management systems, specifically SAP, Oracle as well as GRC and/or data analytical solutions on top of the ERP.
Our projects include extracting, analysing and visualising data from our clients ERP systems to support audit and advisory engagements covering: process control, process & control optimisation, security, and ERP related GRC services. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, or as part of external and internal audit, or wider advisory engagements.
The main responsibilities of the role
- Audit and advice clients that operate SAP or Oracle systems including GRC.
- Help clients enhance their own ERP data analytics capability.
- Work stream lead / SME on SAP/ Oracle/ GRC control and/or data analytics engagements.
- Building and managing strong client relationships across a range of clients.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in particular in the Audit and wider Advisory areas.
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. innovation, training, knowledge management.
- Responsible for the quality, value and timely delivery of a number of engagements. This will include delivery of the high demand for data and analytics for some of our largest and most complex external and internal audits, but also supporting Consulting and Tax projects.
- Product development and innovation activities, to ensure that KPMG’s ERP analytics capability remains market leading on a global scale, as well as coaching other ERP analytics specialists.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the job
- Proven experience of successfully delivering SAP/ Oracle security, control, data analytics and GRC services (including external/internal audit) to medium/ large, multi-national clients. Including, for example, experience in Oil & Gas, Retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Utilities and Life Sciences sectors.
- Proven experience in auditing and advising clients that operate SAP/ Oracle.
- Proven experience in business process and functional experience of key SAP/ Oracle Financials modules, including SAP HANA and/or Oracle Fusion
- Proven functional experience of GRC, Financials, BPC and BI.
- Proven experience of design, build and delivery of data analytics related capabilities, including data extraction and processing (i.e. ETL), designing and building of data analysis routines and designing and building of data visualisation formats
- Proven experience interpreting data analytics results, and ability to derive insightful and quantifiable business insights using data analytics outputs
- Proven experience in identifying root causes to detected exceptions and translating these to actionable recommendations, e.g. ERP process or system changes
- Proven experience integrating into a suitable IT infrastructure, including architecture design and system configuration
- Proven experience of using data analysis tools in an ERP environment, e.g. SQL, Alteryx, Qlik, Tableau.
- Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services.
- Proven experience working for “Big 4” professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience.
- Proven experience supporting service line through innovation and knowledge management.
Forensic Technology (FTech) supports clients and their legal advisors in response to litigation, civil
disputes, investigations, regulatory, and M&A matters. FTech assist their clients through the
preservation, collection, processing, reporting, and analysis of electronically stored information (ESI)
such as emails, chat messages, and electronic documents.
The projects are often time critical and include global clients with footprints around the world,
providing opportunities to work with other overseas offices including on site attendance. Many
projects have a significant impact on our clients’ businesses and communities, with matters
occasionally featuring on international headlines.
FTech are looking for data specialists who are able to extract, store, enhance, and investigate large
volumes of unstructured data by leveraging market-leading technologies and methodologies.
Data analysts support the delivery work on a range of engagements. This will include:
- Responding to client requests and queries with supervision from project managers.
- Creating and updating data trackers, dashboards, and reports.
- Verifying, validating and analysing data that has been collected or received from clients.
- Preparing and normalising unstructured data from a range of data sources: email, electronic
documents, instant messaging, chat data, audio data and more.
- Assisting with forensic data collections.
- Maintaining and updating procedural documentation.
- Delivering client based training on our review systems via WebEx or to an audience.
- Contributing to business development through market research, consolidating credentials,
and creating slide decks.
- Assisting with evidence and media tracking.
- Researching and testing new software.
Strong candidates would have exposure to a combination of the following career profiles, or deep
expertise in at least one specialism. Successful candidates will not be expected to only stick to their
backgrounds; team members are encouraged to widen their horizons and take advantage of
available development opportunities.
- Familiarity with creating dashboard visualisations using Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, Kibana,
- Good understanding of data querying methods to produce reports from Microsoft SQL
- Experience in simple data transformation using Excel, Alteryx, scripts, and/or regular
- Understanding of best practices for database schemas and data normalisation.
- Able to clearly communicate and explain findings from data analysis to non-technical people.
- Background in statistics, databases, information management, economics, business intelligence, and related areas.
- Experience in integrating systems and applications through APIs, e.g. REST, and XML/JSON.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C#, Java, Ruby, Python, and VBA.
- Understanding of software development methodologies and tools, e.g. IDEs, Git, Agile, unit tests.
- Proven ability of translating business needs into technical requirements.
- Knowledge of SQL and database operations would be advantageous.
- Background in computer science, software development, mathematics, and related areas.
Computer Forensics and E-Disclosure
- Worked in a professional services environment assisting with the delivery of eDisclosure/Investigations.
- Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle.
- Familiarity with forensic best practices, e.g. evidence handling, chain of custody, metadata preservation, etc.
- Experience in handling and analysing unstructured data sources such as emails, network shares, and laptops.
- Experience in liaising with clients on basic requests and delivering software training.
- Proficient in eDisclosure tools such as EnCase, Nuix, Relativity, Recommind, Ringtail, or similar.
All candidates are expected to have a number of the following qualities:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think through and solve problems independently.
- Proactive in taking ownership of tasks and managing expectations.
- Keen to learn industry-specific software and in-house processes.
- Able to work in a high-pressured environment.
- Experience in a professional environment or role is desirable.
In KPMG's Management Consulting (MC) practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team over 5 years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
The Data capability sits within the MC Technology Enablement and we leverage data technology to help our financial services clients achieve their business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Job Description: Joining the fast growing KPMG’s Data team in financial services means you will join a talented team of exceptional data colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day.
• You will join a rapidly growing Data team in Management Consulting Financial Services and your role will encompass delivering high quality outputs across Client/Project, People and Practice work.
• You will bring SME experience in at least one of our pillars: Data architecture, Data management & governance, Data Migration and/or Data Insights/visualisation.
• You will lead the design & deliver either overall solution architecture solutions, data governance frameworks, deliver data migration, and/or insights solutions
• You will communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex data challenges
• You will build relationships and actively seek out the local/global networks best experts to address client needs and build constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• You will take a leading role in the growth of the Data team and support the development of the other team members through coaching and mentoring
• You will develop business cases for transformation programmes based on industry insight and providing the roadmap to ensure the achievement of the planned benefits
• You will work closely with leadership team to help build key propositions to go-to market
• You will raise the profile of our data services within the organisation, helping KPMG colleagues & clients understand the value of data as part of Connected Consulting
• Is able to identify opportunities, sell-on client work and make a significant contribution in supporting a market proposition and practice development
• Has experience of scoping and leading projects of upwards of £500k, clients and senior stakeholders. Able to develop sales pitches & proposals to explain the value of our services
• Has specialist knowledge and technical expertise in at least one of our data pillars:
1. Data & Systems Architecture: Experience in advising the operation and implementation of a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise. Proficient in data modelling, data integration and design data platforms to support advanced analytics and AI/ML capabilities
2. Data Management & Governance: Experience in advising FS firms in their data strategy from the design of data management & governance frameworks, data standards to delivering data lineage, data quality controls, data sourcing and profiling and MDM solutions
3. Data Migration: Experience in advising in data migration related issues from strategy and scoping through to implementation and ultimate Go-Live. Working with stakeholders to define delivery model based on resources, infrastructure landscape and SME availability
4. Data Insights/Visualisation: Develop clients’ vision for data analytics in their business and help them realise how they could increase profitability and reduce risk through better sourcing, ETL and provisioning of data and benefit from benefit from trending capabilities like Data Science/ ML, Data Mining and NLP, as well as next-gen capabilities such as Cognitive Services
• Thrives on challenges and solving problems and energised and passionate to drive data solutions through to completion
• Has great presentation & communication skills. Able to describe complex technical issues in a clear, non-technical way
• Has strong inter-personal skills in order to build and maintaining strong working relationships with clients & colleagues
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns, builds co-operative relationships and fosters an inclusive environment
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring to support team development and career aspirations. Nurtures, trains & develops talent
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information, building relationships across the UK and Global KPMG practice
• Has sector experience of Financial Services, with a strength in one or more of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Life Insurance; General Insurance. Relevant related sector knowledge of core business functions across front to back office and relevant key regulations (e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, CDD/KYC/AML, BSBS239, FATCA, Dodd Frank, FRTB, GDPR)
• Has skills any of these technologies will be advantageous: Hadoop, AWS, MS Azure, GoogleCloud, Collibra, Informatica, SAS, PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, R, Python, Spark, Scala, Alteryx, Trillium, etc.
- Support the CDO to embed a data strategy for KPMG in the UK
- Support the building of a network of data communities across KPMG
- Help identify and support key data projects
- Implement and oversee a Data Governance framework across the enterprise to create high quality data assets.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Take responsibility for the development, deployment or purchase of required data governance tooling
Leadership & Management
At present, the office of the CDO is a very lean organisation, so there would be no line management responsibilities initially. We are in the process of establishing the size and nature of the office of the CDO so this will evolve in time. The data strategy and governance lead would be expected to input into the creation of the office of the CDO.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges
We are lucky that data is on the agenda at Board level, therefore the stakeholder interaction will include some of the most senior members of KPMG. There are also a lot of established groups across the firm who are bought-in to supporting the CDO, so there will be a lot of supporters of our activity. At the same time, there is a clear need to convince people to actually make changes to their behaviours, and this will need careful management. The data strategy and governance lead would need to interact with a large range of stakeholders across the organisation
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The data strategy and governance lead is a new role within a new team. There is a huge appetite to get the most out of our data at KPMG, and therefore there will be a lot of visibility (and potential scrutiny) of our actions and deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and embedding data governance frameworks in complex organisations
- Demonstrable experience in setting strategy
- Understanding of a professional services environment or a partnership model
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Demonstrable knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Demonstrable knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Demonstrable knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation
- Ability to sell an idea across all levels of the organisation