I'm looking for
Search results for "Debt Advisory Group"
Associate Director - Debt Advisory (Leeds/Manchester)
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director - Debt Capital Markets
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Assistant Manager Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Strategy - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
The Debt Advisory team is seeking a strong Associate Director based in Manchester/Leeds to support its growing national business. The successful candidate will be expected to work across a broad range of debt products and markets. The team is currently advising a range of listed and private companies on high profile debt finance transactions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to build and take ownership of client relationships through business and client development responsibilities and to lead engagements on a day to day basis. The successful candidate will manage engagement teams (both upwards and downwards) and will also be responsible for internal people development.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
•Seizes Business Opportunities: Develops and grows new and existing business for Debt Advisory (and KPMG as appropriate) by taking responsibility for an agreed sector(s), geography (ies) or product(s), building new client relationships and organising, leading and contributing to proposals and marketing events
•Demonstrates Curiosity and Innovation: Understands client issues/requirements and designs/implements solutions, consulting appropriately across the team
•Drives Collaboration and Inclusion: Acts as a role model for the team, actively managing and motivating others by demonstrating appropriate behaviour and sharing experiences and knowledge
•Strives for Continual Improvement: Identifies areas for development and appropriate opportunities and courses to improve in these areas
•Delivers Quality: Enhances KPMG’s reputation in the market by delivering high quality work across multiple engagements, showing high attention to detail and managing risk at all times
•Exercises Professional Judgement: Shows excellent levels of commercial judgment and consults widely on engagement and other matters as appropriate
•Makes an Impact: Has a visible presence within KPMG and the external market
•Leads multiple engagements, “owning” client relationships and managing effectively external and internal stakeholders, demonstrating technical excellence and sound commercial judgment
•Takes responsibility for business development initiatives
•Generates income through existing and new relationships and identifies opportunities to cross sell
Qualifications and Skills
•Demonstrable team player skills
•Strongly rated self-starter who demonstrates initiative, confidence and solid influencing skills
•Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills and the ability to translate quantitative analysis to qualitative advice
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Exceptional people skills and proven ability to mentor and develop more junior colleagues
Experience and Background
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following experience:
•Ability to create confidence and trust with colleagues and clients alike
•Able to deal with complexity and ambiguity well and solution focussed
•Proven understanding and experience of the UK debt markets with a minimum of three years’ relevant debt advisory experience
•Proven track record of building and maintaining lasting internal and external relationships
•Excellent attention to detail with an ability to deliver high quality presentations and analysis
•Strong project management skills and demonstrable ability to deliver high quality work
Location – London
Start date for applications - 15/05/2019
End date for applications - 12/06/2019
Salary – Competitive salary + negotiable benefits
We are hiring an Associate Director (VP to Director IBD equivalent) in the Financial Services / FIG Deal Advisory team in London, focused primarily in the UK but with selected clients globally in conjunction with the KPMG network.
We are a client-facing debt capital markets (DCM) team, helping Financial Institutions, Insurance Companies and Private Equity clients optimize their debt structures and regulatory capital. Our expertise covers senior debt, structured lending and securitisation, leveraged finance, Additional Tier 1, Tier 2 and senior bail-inable securities. We provide independent advisory services, strategic/funding option reviews, and specialist private transaction execution services to our clients.
As these businesses grow and mature they need additional and strategic financing assistance, making this a dynamic space in which to be working and a place that you can make a tangible difference to our clients. We also advise debut issuers such as Challenger banks and work alongside our M&A, transaction services, strategy and tax teams on complex engagements. Many of our execution mandates present an opportunity to act end-to-end, engaging with buyside investors including asset managers and private equity companies.
Your work will include project management of execution mandates, where you will act end-to-end, engaging with buyside investors including asset managers and private equity companies, alongside advising origination clients.. To achieve this, you will lead the production of pitches, transaction plans and timetables, investor lists and company/deal presentation packs, guiding and managing junior staff to assist you.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to engage directly with clients, taking significant responsibility in managing transactions and deal origination. Many of our clients are non-bank lenders, disrupting the traditional bank lending market with innovative and rapidly growing businesses.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A University degree, 2:1 or equivalent. CFA, ACA or other technical qualifications
- Understanding of the debt and leverage finance markets, including structuring lending transactions and debt staples.
- Strong numerical and modelling skills and an understanding of financial statements.
- A track record in the FIG and/or Insurance sector; a solid understanding of asset finance, cash flow lending and private equity deal structures.
- Ability to undertake an in-depth financial analysis of a client's funding and capital structure, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Able to prepare and help present tailored financing strategies to our internal and external clients.
- Experience in execution of financing on either the buy or sell side, including pricing and documentation.
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external clients.
- Experience in managing, training and developing junior team members.
- Strong risk & compliance ethics and compliant with conduct, reputational and regulatory standards.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
We are a team of approximately 90 people, led by seven partners and 16 directors. We are looking to grow the team to enhance our delivery capability to support our next phase of growth.
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors (both in the private and public sector) and situations depending on client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are looking to recruit Assistant Managers to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements, and, where appropriate, be the day-to-day contact for smaller client projects.
• Project management role, taking ownership of the key aspects of cases or managing discreet aspects of larger assignments.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to clients.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
• Managing sector specific research alongside client work when possible, in order to form views of market trends and assist in generating / identify sales opportunities.
• Supporting preparation of pitch packs with senior team members and co-ordinating cross firm input.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Strong analysis and report writing skills
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• Experience in managing key deliverables for internal or external stakeholders. Restructuring experience desirable but not essential.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’.
• Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Financial modelling experience in restructuring scenarios or the ability to demonstrate strong excel skills.
• Drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude
• Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
• A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges. With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG's Infrastructure and Government (I&G) focussed Strategy Team is looking to hire the right candidates to join their London- based team. The team needs professional, talented individuals who have a passion for identifying, creating and delivering innovative solutions for public and private sector clients.
The role of KPMG’s I&G Strategic Advisory Services (SAS) team is to work with Government and Industry on the biggest, most complex, and pressing strategic, policy and programme implementation issues. As part of a fast paced and dynamic group, practitioners will have the opportunity to offer and deliver advice on strategic options, business cases and operating models to public sector, agency and corporate clients. We sit in Deal Advisory (DA) but most work is undertaken in multidisciplinary teams, and there will be opportunities to work across both public and private sectors in areas such as justice, home affairs, trade, business support, transport innovation and technologies, roads, rail, water and nuclear.
We advise clients across the public sector and infrastructure and transport sectors, to address their most high profile and complex strategic challenges which are novel, contentious and repercussive. Typically the advice we provide them with can be categorised in the following way:
• Market assessment (e.g. market, policy, regulatory or technology trends, market and supply chain capability and capacity)
• Business Strategy (e.g. vision, objectives, strategic options, future proofing, financial sustainability)
• Operating Strategy (e.g. operating model design, governance and structures, incentives)
• Market Making (e.g. complex business cases, market engagement, procurement strategy)
It is an exciting time to join this team as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and strength of client relationships. We are working on some fascinating public issues – ranging, for example, from the rise of autonomous vehicles, to growing regional trade or the creation of new markets for provision of public services. The team blends this with support to the largest infrastructure operators and infrastructure programmes in the UK. As a team, we are a group of individuals who are passionate about having fun both inside and outside of work.
Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
• Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
To be an effective Associate Director within the team, applicants will be expected to:
• Build deep client relationships and be seen as the ‘go to’ person and a trusted adviser by C-level executives.
• Finalise the preparation of the client deliverables and identify the critical areas for debate
• Undertake scoping and fee negotiation on standard engagements
• Actively develop own knowledge and expertise in chosen proposition(s) and sector of choice
• Proactively develop thought leadership
• Lead the design of standard / complex engagements
• Lead complex storyboarding and shape the issue identification and overall problem solving approach to develop recommendations
• Present and refine business models and data analysis solutions through discussions with management
• Identify, pursue and convert a pipeline of business development opportunities
• Inspire, motivate, coach and develop project team members and appraisees, and give constructive upwards feedback
• Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
• Identify, pursue and convert a pipeline of business development opportunities for the team
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand others motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
Essential Skills and Experience
• Considerable experience of leading complex projects, in relevant the sectors, with multi-disciplinary teams in a consulting or corporate environment (a strategy house, big 4 firm or central strategy / corporate development team of a large company)
• Track record of working closely with Government/Infrastructure clients to deliver high impact recommendations and having a detailed understanding of the value drivers within the relevant sectors
• Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior public and private sector stakeholders
• Demonstrable ability to adapt quickly in changing circumstances, be an active learner and build innovative solutions
• Examples illustrating their collaborative and transparent team approach, readily sharing knowledge with the team, working through silos and respectful of others’ views and opinions
• Strong academics, at degree level or equivalent
• Current UK security clearance to SC or above is advantageous
• Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
• Structured thinking skills combined with creativity
• Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
• Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
• Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills