I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Risk Management"
Senior Manager - Innovation, reliefs and Incentives (IRI) Team
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
Dynamics 365 CRM Senior Functional Consultant
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Cloud Capability Lead
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Data Analytics Director
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior Software Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Our IRI team is looking for a Senior Manager with experience of preparing claims. The role sits in our Financial Services performance group and works with the national IRI Tax practice to accelerate the growth of our business. You will be required to use your knowledge of IRI tax incentives to help our clients in make claims for IRI Tax relief across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. The role will may involve some travel to attend meetings at client sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
- Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of IRI claims.
- Manage client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
- Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Work with senior staff at our clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
- Deliver comprehensive proposals and taking part in presentations
- Leading complex projects
- Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff.
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Science or technical degree to 2.1 level preferred.
- Experience of preparing IRI claims.
- Tax technical knowledge of the UK’s IRI tax incentives
- Broader knowledge of wider tax issues
- Experience in reviewing preparations and submissions of IRI tax relief claims
- Experience in dealing with and building relationships with senior employees within HMRC.
- Identifies, leads and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own and team’s work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Continuously learns from experiences and encourages this across the team.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities for self and others
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Brings incite and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
- Identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and makes decisions with appropriate consultation
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Roles and Responsibilities
■ The CRM Functional consultant will perform customer delivery of the various modules of Dynamics CRM working closely with client teams and business stakeholders;
■ Organise, manage and document workshops, meetings and requirements sessions with the client representatives, project stakeholders and delivery teams;
■ Interface effectively with other members of the delivery team and the solution Architect to ensure that the CRM solution meets client’s requirements;
■ Deliver high quality business and software solutions and services to clients ensuring the implementation of best practices based on Microsoft Dynamics standards and supported configuration/customisations;
■ The creation of high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation including support for testing activities;
■ Deliver all consultancy and configuration work according to KPMG project methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan: on time and on budget;
■ Contribute to Pre-Sales activities as required including building demo and proof of concept solutions for various client presentations;
■ Work on the creation of KPMG Dynamics 365 solutions and industry templates;
■ Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
■ Identify business/project risks and mitigate or communicate as necessary;
■ Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
■ Support practice development activities such as defining and configuring industry specific solutions;
■ In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
■ Work on own initiative and with minimal support if needed;
■ To carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the management team;
■ Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
■ Microsoft Dynamics CRM Certifications (CRM , 2013, 2015, 2016, 365) are desirable;
■ Strong functional knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM covering a wide spectrum of industries and sectors;
■ Knowledge gained through previous experience covering Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, 2015 and 2016 (both online and on premise). Dynamics 365 knowledge is an advantage;
■ Ideally a minimum 4 years hands-on proven functional experience in CRM configuration, standard customisation, standard workflows, dashboards, forms, views and standard reports development is a must;
■ Detailed knowledge and understanding of all CRM functional areas including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Contact/Case Management;
■ Good understanding of Dynamics CRM DB Schema and Business Data Model including the customisation and development of Business Data Models for different solutions;
■ Good understand of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Accelerators, industry templates and add-ons.
Experience and Background
■ A proven track record of successful implementation of a number of solutions within large client companies, preferably across a number of business verticals;
■ A proven ability to develop a clear understanding of clients’ needs and the ability to incorporate them into a solution;
■ Experience of consultancy roles in software delivery;
■ Experience in a delivery-orientated IT environment using waterfall and agile methodologies;
■ Adept at Business Requirement Analysis;
■ Experience in supporting pre-sales activities is an advantage;
■ Project documentation experience especially for work packages to be implemented by offshore teams;
■ Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge.
Opening Date: 03/08/2020
Closing Date: 31/08/2020
Salary: Competitive + Discretionary Bonus + Benefits
Open for Multiple Vacancies
Role and Responsibilities
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise. KPMG are growing their S&D - Powered Apps team to meet an ever-increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
As the growth of our Powered HCM practise continues we are looking for Process Leads who have experience of configuring Workday to join our team
• Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
• Leading client facing meetings and facilitation of workshops with larger groups of client teams
• Lead an offshore team to design, configure and test a module or process area to successful deployment for a client
• Developing end to end solutions using the best of good industry practise combined with understanding the optionality available within the product.
Skills, Qualifications and Experienced Required
Our candidates should have strong commercial acumen, hunger to learn and develop and be able to thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
• Educated to degree level
• Strong documentation, reporting and presentation skills
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
• Experience in a functional and/or technical role in a delivery environment
• Experience producing project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, configuration document, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc.)
• Experience of implementing at least one module of the relevant cloud Workday platform
• Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills
• An awareness of key delivery methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
• Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time
• Experience of working effectively with client functional team representatives
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity
Cloud Capability Lead
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote workers across the UK within a sensible vicinity of our offices with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
Within KPMG's Technology service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.
We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our client’s infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.
• Oversee the Building and Running of multiple cloud service teams who help business sectors design, build and maintain infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• Contribute towards the overall strategic direction for the wider Cloud and Engineering communities as well as your direct cloud service teams
• Lead, sponsor and mentor your various teams of engineers. Provide both technical and managerial support, guidance and advice where needed at any level
• Leverage extensive experience to assist your teams, and the wider cloud community at any grade level
• Responsible for ensuring all your service teams are financially buoyant and resourced correctly
• Build strong relationships with the coverage CTO for your area ensure you feed into their Technology strategy and be the trusted advisor from a Cloud and DevOps perspective
• Build on existing and forge new relationships with the wider firm at Director, Partner and Senior Partner level to put the T in GTD
• Ensure all teams are approaching and meeting both client and firm regulatory and security controls and are able to feed these ways of working back to the community
• Support your wider Infrastructure community by assisting other teams, sharing knowledge, debugging problems, contributing code to central projects, and any other things you can think of
• Enjoy yourself. Lead and nurture the culture of your teams and spread the word and capabilities the wider Technology team has across the UK and Global member firms
• Extensive experience managing a large or multiple teams of engineers and being responsible for delivering large and complex projects
• Ability to have deep technical level discussions with engineers, to explaining the business benefits of a range of technologies to non-technical partners and clients who have business issues to overcome
• Have a keen eye for opportunity. Put the T in GTD and grow, extensively, the brand footprint of Engineering not only internally at KPMG but externally to the market
• Excellent stakeholder management and relationship skills at C suite level both internally and client facing
• Ability to operate in a highly context switching environment for not only different clients but different business sectors and different technologies
• Proven extensive experience with Linux/Unix/Microsoft configuration
• Extensive hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Able to identify and nurture existing and new talent
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Take responsibility for your code
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Ability to empower your teams to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal input
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours and locations
• Access to regular training opportunities, attending conferences and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday
Service Line Information
The Technology team services the broader Firm through delivery of core technology and managed services capabilities, collaboration and innovation development services and building our Alliances network.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Opening Date: 17/07/2020
Closing Date: 14/08/2020
Salary Range: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG are looking for multiple Data Analytics Directors to play a key role in delivering and taking to market our Data Analytics offering across multiple sectors. The successful candidates will need to leverage their external and internal networks to build the reputation of KPMG’s offering across Automation, Data Science, AI, and Data Engineering learning across multidisciplinary clients and engagements.
Reporting directly to the Partner of the team, the role involves overseeing and leading a team who identify, develop, sell and deliver data integrated centric solutions. The role will be to support and drive the sales of significant Data Analytics & Digital Transformation consulting engagements in multiple sectors.
- Build relationships and actively seek out the global networks best experts to address client needs.
- Communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage relationships across different teams, functions, countries and cultures to drive revenue growth.
- Provide credible solution -orientated responses to RFP’s, ensuring the appropriate expertise from across KPMG is represented in the most cohesive way to address client problems.
- Manage the growth of a high performing and dynamic team.
- Build strong client relationships and develop leading edge inspiring go to market propositions that provide growth opportunities for our people & clients.
- Own and develop new assets in the analytics space and develop thought leadership that resonates with the life science sector and positions KPMG as a leader in the space.
- Develop solutions features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines.
- Develop competence in a broad range of technologies and framework for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Undertake technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and the design and build of solutions.
Required skills, Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree in a data or technology related subject
- Experienced in utilising technology to provide insightful analysis to life sciences clients in areas such as R+D and clinical trials.
- Experience leading large teams of 40+ in size developing and delivering analytics solutions.
- Proven experience driving revenue growth in a Consulting environment.
- Experience leading responses to RFP for analytics services and solutions.
- Credible and experienced at scoping, delivering and selling solutions in the fields of AI, Machine Learning and RPA
- Experience developing trusted client relationships and converting those into commercial opportunities
- Talent for collaborating with internal stakeholders on go to market and solution development
- Experience with FS, IGH, Life Sciences, and Retail clients
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data management issues, examples include re-performance of complex systems.
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
At Solutions & Digital we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Solutions & Digital are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
Our core competency is the .NET stack (C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebApi) and cutting-edge web client technologies (ReactJS, HTML5). We pride ourselves on delivering highly modular, testable, scalable, SOLID code with continuous integration and deployment to cloud environments. We follow agile methodologies and a Git workflow.
You will be part of our product engineer team and work in multidisciplinary agile teams including product owners, QA engineers, UX designers and business analysts.
We welcome polyglot developers with experience in other stacks (Ruby, Java, Scala) who are happy to bring their experiences on board. As part of our rigorous recruitment process, we’ll thoroughly test your ability to code with peerless precision, quality and clarity.
As a member of the team, you’ll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You are expected have experience and develop your technical skills within the following areas:
• At least one object orientated programming language, with a willingness to work on other. Cloud development in AWS and/ or Azure, including writing for containers
• Mobile development with Xamarin or Flutter
• Front end development in React (including Node.js integration)
• Software design and architecture: tiered architecture, clean architecture
• Software security
• Content management systems (Umbraco)
• Software testing, performance optimisation and maintenance
• Relational and noSQL database design
You are not expected to be proficient in all of the above, however you should demonstrate a general understanding of the concepts and start to specialise in a couple of key areas.
As a software engineer, you will be expected to:
• Work in small to medium agile teams and lead on sub-projects
• Demonstrate evidence of excellent agile practices
• Demonstrate evidence of disciplined approach to secure code development
• Show effective self-organisation skills
• Be able to mentor junior team members and advise peers
• Actively collaborate with team members from all capabilities
Day to day job tasks
• Create or design workable prototypes
• Create specification and design of system components to meet defined requirements
• Implement user requirements and software designs for a system component
• Maintain and support services
• Identify, explore and implement improvements to services or system components
• Integrate and test components, systems and their interfaces
• Ensure the quality of your implemented solutions (e.g. by testing, code reviews, automated scans)
• Help your technical lead manage deployment pipelines, or implement and manage the deployment pipeline for your system component
• Document your solutions