I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Risk Management"
Audit Senior Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Financial Services Audit - Edinburgh/Glasgow
Service Line: Audit
Financial Services Audit Manager (Cardiff/Bristol)
Service Line: Audit
Cyber Security - Incident Response Senior Consultant
Service Line: RC Technology
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team and will benefit from extensive training, professional development and performance management to help you meet your professional goals.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Asset Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UKs. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the Investment Management department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience
- Extensive external audit experience in the Asset Management sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Investment Management expertise
- Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
- Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
- Experience working on tenders preferable, though not essential
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We are currently looking for a qualified accountants at Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Edinburgh.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Keeping Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in Scotland.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent)
• Significant audit experience in Financial Services sector
• Sound and practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• You will possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
• Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients.
Our Financial Services department in the South West Region delivers a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients. These clients include banks, building societies and insurance, leasing & investment management companies. The Department is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square on a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
You will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
• To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working on your engagements
• Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
• Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
• Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
• Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
• Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
• Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensions sector
• Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
• Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
• Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
• Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
• Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
• Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
• Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
• Significant audit experience for pension schemes
The role will be working in the Cyber Response Services (CRS) Team within our Risk Consulting practice. Cyber security is one of the areas which KPMG has identified for tremendous investment and growth. Our clients face a challenging cyber threat and look to us to help them understand and respond to that threat.
This is a hands-on role with opportunities to grow into management. The successful candidate is expected to manage cyber-security incidents as well as perform digital forensics (disk, volatile memory, network packets, logfiles) and help advance KPMG’s proprietary in-house toolkit.
In this role we are looking for a person who can demonstrate strong technical background, experience in incident response and digital forensics and is looking to grow skills and experience. You will be expected to lead one or two analysts to achieve a task in a project, as well as have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, our most experienced team members as part of your continuous development.
When not responding to incidents, you will help our clients to build their in-house incident response capabilities, which will include: building and developing cyber-response tools, authoring and adapting runbooks/playbooks, assessing the incident response maturity, assisting in table-top cyber-scenario exercises.
We will welcome applications from candidate with a good competency in incident management, but with a developing competency and keen interest in digital forensics, or vice versa. KPMG will provide training and coaching to help you continually improve you skills. Strong technical competency - intermediate systems administration skills and programming skills to develop tools, however, is a pre-requisite.
Our clients expect that cyber-incidents will be tackled with urgency, therefore, there is an expectation that you will be flexible in terms of working hours. In return, KPMG will offer flexible working hours and work from home days for employees who have demonstrate reliability in delivery. For example, if you are writing a post-mortem report or working on a run-book, you can do so from home.
Above all, KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients with their cyber security challenges, often at a time of critical need. In return, we are committed to helping you to enjoy the role and develop your skills and career within the KPMG.
• Help manage and co-ordinate cyber security incidents for our clients, working closely with the incident management lead within the team.
• Digital forensics of relevant incident data (disk, volatile memory, network packets, log files).
• Maintaining a current view of the cyber threat, and being able to advise clients on the threat landscape and attacks which may be relevant to them.
• Develop KPMG’s in house cyber-response tools
• Help assess client incident response capability maturity.
• Help stand-up or improve clients’ own incident response capabilities.
• Help with project management of engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner, including:
• Basic financial management
• Engagement and risk management
• Production and review of deliverables.
• Liaising with clients on delivery, implementation and sales issues.
This position is well suited for an individual with significant experience in cyber-security and incident response. For example: a very common type of incident is ransomware on a single workstation/laptop. You should be able to guide a client through a structured incident response process – triage, containment, eradication and recovery. If you are provided with forensic data such as: disk image, memory image and network data capture or proxy logs, you should be able to identify malware artefacts, source of infection and use online research to identify malware family.
• A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape.
• Strong technical background in computers and networks, and programming skills.
• Experience of dealing with cyber security incidents and associated response measures.
• Experience of being part of an incident response team, either holding a formal role, or being able to evidence your personal contribution to the team.
• Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques.
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the information security field.
• Standing and positive reputation in the information security community is seen as a plus.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in computing and networks as well as in cyber-security either by having the relevant work experience, completed a degree or obtained industry relevant certification. Therefore the qualifications below should be seen as means to demonstrate competency and not as a requirement. The desired skill and qualification is provided below:
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills.
• Strong IT and network skills – knowledge of common enterprise technologies – Windows and Windows Active Directory, Linux, Cisco, etc.
• Working programming skill-set to be able to author and develop tools. Most in-house security tools in KPMG are written in Python, but we accept that a competent programmer will be able to transfer skillsets across languages.
• Technical proficiency in at least one of these areas: network security/traffic/log analysis; Linux and/or Mac/Unix operating system forensics; Linux/Unix disk forensics (ext2/3/4, HFS+, and/or APFS file systems), advanced memory forensics, static and dynamic malware analysis / reverse engineering, advanced mobile device forensics
• Advanced experience in industry computer forensic tools such as X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, Internet Evidence Finder (IEF) / AXIOM, TZWorks, and/or Cellebrite
• Advanced experience in preservation of digital evidence (including experience preserving cloud data and handling encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault, and/or LUKS)
• Experience with and understanding of enterprise Windows security controls
• (Preferred) Degree level qualified, MSc in Information Security, IT or relevant STEM subjects.
• (Preferred) General information security certificates such CISSP, CISM or CISA.
• (Preferred) Incident management certifications such as:
• CREST certified incident manager (CCIM)
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
• (Preferred) Digital forensics certificates such as:
• CREST certified registered intrusion analyst (CRIA)
• CREST certified network intrusion analyst (CCNIA)
• CREST certified host intrusion analyst (CCHIA)
• CREST certified malware reverse engineer (CCMRE)
• GIAC Certified (Network) Forensic Analyst (GCFA, GNFA)
• (Preferred) A current government security clearance (SC/DV) or willingness to acquire such a clearance will be seen as an advantage.