I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Risk Management"
Identity and Access Management (IAM) Assistant Manager – Financial Ser
Service Line: Connected Technology
Financial Modelling Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Connected Technology
Manager - Audit Business Risk
Service Line: QRM
Banking Risk Consultant - Climate Risk Data - Manager
Service Line: FRM
SOx and Financial Controls - Financial Services Consulting Manager
Service Line: FRM
Director - Financial Services - Strategy
Service Line: Strategy
Identity and Access Management (IAM) Assistant Manager – Financial Services (Cyber Security)
KPMG is acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in providing cyber security consultancy. We are investing in building our Financial Services Cyber team to meet growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest financial services companies.
Identity and Access Management (IAM) is a fast growing service line within our Cyber practice and we are growing our existing capability in this area. To this end, we are looking for a capable and experienced Assistant Manager specialising in IAM to join our team.
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
You will be an Assistant Manager within the FS Cyber team, providing independent, jargon-free advice and advanced technology solutions to help our clients proactively manage their technology risks and use their IT assets to their full potential. The individual selected for this role will be a recognised subject matter expert in the Identity/Privileged Access Management domain.
You will be supporting the management and delivery of challenging, complex client engagements for our clients by:
• Understanding their business challenges and threats that they face.
• Supporting the development of strategy, roadmaps and implementation plans for IAM.
• Analysing and defining sector-specific risk-based controls for IAM.
• Supporting the creation of IAM solution blueprints and producing high-level designs covering technology and process design.
• Hands on development and implementation of IAM technology solutions for our clients.
• Helping to manage packages of work within larger programmes of delivery.
• Supporting business development activities and client proposals.
• Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge.
• Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity.
Skills and Experience
• Passion for Identity/Privileged and Access Management.
• Experience working in the area of Cyber Security, focusing in particular on the areas of Identity and Access Management (IAM), Privileged Access Management (PAM), Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) and cloud-based IAM technologies, preferably in a consultancy services firm or other similar experience.
• Knowledge and experience of undertaking IAM Strategy formulation, Target operating Model definition, transformation and audit driven remediation.
• Strong understanding of IAM/PAM best practices, leading IAM/PAM toolsets and IAM/PAM for Cloud deployments.
• Good understanding of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS across main cloud service providers
• Relevant experience in large corporates / multinational environment in delivery or operational roles will an advantage. Experience in financial services will be an added advantage.
• Ability to manage project deliverables using both agile and waterfall methodologies in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, teamwork, and client service skills.
• Degree level qualified preferred (or equivalent demonstrable experience)
• Recognised cyber security qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, M.Inst ISP, etc.), or comparable experience
The role will be based at any of our UK offices, but will include travel; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally on occasions, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.
We help our clients understand their business through building models, reviewing models and data analytics. We work across a broad range of tools (Excel, VBA, SQL, Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI) to support decision making and effective execution. If you enjoy translating complex problems into models, this is the team for you.
• Managing projects to support clients in tackling business issues
• Applying technical skills to devise compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Contributing to and driving the growth and development of the modelling team
• Building constructive working relationships to develop internal and external networks
• You will leverage existing managerial experience and leadership skills to help grow and develop the modelling team
• You will manage teams of modellers and other professionals to provide high quality and flexible modelling solutions for a diverse range of clients
• You will be responsible for end to end engagement and stakeholder management
• You will use existing Excel, VBA, and/or SQL skills to support delivery and develop capabilities, share knowledge on solutions, and best practice techniques
• You will support the professional development of the junior members within the teamthe team and our propositions; contribute towards organising/guiding training and development of the team
•You will contribute to our business development initiatives and be an integral part of the sales team
•You will have the opportunity to work closely with teams across all functions within KPMG, such as Restructuring, Tax, Financial Management, Internal Audit and Regulatory and Compliance Services
The type of work includes:
- Financial forecast and scenario modelling
- Transaction modelling such as valuations and option appraisals
- Reviewing financial models for quality sign-off
- Developing tactical solutions that automate finance and other operations (i.e. remediation)
- Development of data models to support modelling and analytics deliverables
- Using visualisation and analytical software (such as the Power BI, QlikView and Tableau) to drive insights from data to inform client decisions
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
• Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals development needs and career aspirations
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
Essential & desirable skills and experience
- Experience managing projects, clients and senior stakeholders
- Experience of building or reviewing financial models in a Financial Modelling role that required an understanding of financial and accounting concepts or project finance (e.g. debt structures, cash waterfalls, financial ratios)
Experience scoping, designing and building financial models in best practice
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- A first-class or upper second-class degree in a numerate subject
- Strong IT skills (Advanced Excel, VBA, and preferably SQL, R or Python)
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritising workload, and providing a high level of client service at all times
- Strong inter-personal skills in order to build and maintaining strong working relationships
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Knowledge of financial services products and key concepts
- Credit risk modelling experience (e.g. Exposure & knowledge of IFRS 9 and IRB modelling.)
- The ability to focus on a particular project whilst managing multiple projects
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills
- Vigilance and sustained attention to detail
- A recognised finance or accounting qualification and/or MBA or PhD
- Data visualisation experience in Power BI stack, QlikView and Tableau
The Business Risk Manager supports the Head of Business Risk through a wide variety of projects and activities. The objective of the role is to help ensure that the Firm’s core risk policies are complied with by working closely with engagement teams and leadership teams across different business units. The audit landscape is changing, and for the Business Risk Function to continue to support the Business, the Risk Function needs to be proactive and not reactive to risk.
The Business Risk Function is embedded into the Audit Function and as such is an integral and important part of the audit function. As the risk environment evolves, due to changes in legislation and reporting standards, the current policies and processes will need to be aligned to those changes. In order to achieve this successfully the function works closely with other areas of the business such as Audit Risk Management, Central Risk, Office of General Counsel, Finance and Sentinel.
The role requires initiative and flexibility, suiting an efficient organiser.
The Manager will support the Head of Business Risk for Audit where the team will contribute to providing support to the Audit Function and the wider Audit Risk Management Function. This will include managing three Assistant Managers across the Audit Business Risk Function.
Risk MI and Risk Register – Assist the Head of Business Risk in:
• Contributing to the development, reporting and management of risk-related MI to support Audit and Risk leadership.
• Supporting Audit leadership in identifying risks and appropriate actions required to manage/bring back identified risks within risk appetites.
• Supporting the implementation and operation of strategic initiatives on portfolio management from commercial and/or risk perspectives.
• Providing risk updates and reports to the Head of Business Risk
Risk Operating System – Microsoft Dynamics (“MSD”)
• Managing the monthly and yearly data validation for audit
• Working with Firm-wide Ethics & Independence team to identify and resolve potential rotational breaches
• Managing the risk data within MSD, which will include identifying and rectifying risk errors
• To act as a Business Risk MSD Super User. You will be required to provide ongoing support, advice and training to engagement teams with regards to MSD engagement management set-up
• Management of data for monthly reporting which will include producing deliverables for both internal and external reviews to include Regulators
• Take ownership of the partner rotation process, working with Partners and Segment Heads. You will be required to identify potential regulatory breaches and escalate to the Head of Business Risk where appropriate
• Analysis and delivery of all Partner / Director succession planning
• Monitor the information currently held on the MSD system, ensuring that the information is set up correctly and challenge where appropriate
• Management of KGS as and when required
• Attend briefings and training sessions led by Central Audit Risk and communicate outputs back to the function
• Supporting and Advising Key Stakeholders of the Business as and when required
Annual Risk Review
• Supporting with output of the Annual Risk Review process in collaboration with Audit Risk
• Support the Head of Business Risk and leadership teams implement actions in response to findings from the Annual Risk Review process
• Supporting the Head of Business Risk with ad hoc regulatory reporting
• Supporting the Head of Business Risk with requests from the Regulatory Affairs Department and responses to regulatory queries
• Management of non-financial sanctions
• Supporting requests for Regulatory Compliance Reviews which will include working with the audit teams to collate and analyse responses
• Record keeping of other regulatory requirements
• Management of Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”) and Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) resignation process
• Support the Head of Business Risk to manage the responses needed for the monthly risk analysis and Other Entity of Public Interest (“OEPI”) tools
• Provide responses to ad hoc queries that arise from audit teams
• Continue to work on raising the profile of Business Risk across the Firm
• Review of Multi-Firm Engagement (“MFE”) arrangements and provide guidance to audit teams as and when needed
• Provide support with ad hoc projects
• Managing risk consultations and approvals for audit engagement team in line with the Firm’s policies and procedures, working in collaboration with Audit Risk.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
The role will include interactions with senior leadership across audit, risk and engagement teams
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
This is a role with impact across the Audit Capability Group where there is accountability for significant projects within audit risk management. It may include preparation of reports and risk registers for senior leadership
Experience and Background
— Awareness of the different types of service delivered out of audit firms
— Decision making around engagement acceptance
— Understanding and documenting policies, processes and controls, identifying weaknesses and making and implementing recommendations
— Identifying and reporting on trends in data
— Project management of multiple workstreams alongside unpredictable consultation workload
— Able to get to grips with technical content including law, regulation, assurance standards, contracts and policy and recommend how to apply to practical scenarios
— Confident in exploring opportunities with engagement leaders
— Awareness of the nature and effect of key clauses in professional services contracts
— Advanced Microsoft Office Skills – particularly Excel
— Experience of delivering a range of services at manager level or above within a professional services firm
— Experience of performing risk assessments, scoring risks and preparing risk registers
Qualifications and Skills
— Educated to a degree level
— Risk Management Qualification desirable
— Recognised accountancy qualification desirable
— CISI / ICA Qualified – Desirable
— Experience in a busy team environment
— Experience of Microsoft applications and SharePoint.
— Excellent attention to detail
— Accountability – use own initiative to provide effective support
— Drive and Resilience – time management and organisational skills
— Building Relationships – good communication skills (both written and oral)
— Problem Solving
— Flexibility – adaptable to changing situations
— Team management
— Team working
— Project management
— Experience of Microsoft Dynamics desirable but not essential
Climate risk has emerged as a top priority risk to banks and we are helping our clients to respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, including how to integrate climate risk management and measurement, and meet global regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands.
We are looking for a Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic about climate change who can bring climate risk expertise and experience in the context of banking to help build out the development of our climate risk proposition and service offerings in this exciting, cutting edge, and incredibly important area, as well as delivering these offerings with our banking clients.
This opportunity is within our Banking Risk team, which is part of our Financial Risk Management consulting practice. This team houses many subject matter experts that focus on supporting our banking clients with achieving their prudential and conduct risk and regulatory objectives.
• Provide subject matter expertise on climate risk data and MI.
• Research and understand climate risk data requirements for banks, including macro-economic impacts and data, how this is supported by and links to their current internal data, and how firms can set a data strategy for climate risk,
• Contribute to the development of materials, tools and methodologies to support our climate risk proposition for use in client meetings, engagements, events, and broader thought leadership.
• Collaborate with global stakeholders on the development and coordination of climate risk offerings.
• Manages one or more client engagements or components of large scale engagements, delivering high quality climate risk support to our banking clients, including day to day management of team on engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback and performance development.
• Ensures effective management of the risks and financials of engagements.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with middle to senior level staff internally and externally.
• Use knowledge of KPMG’s climate risk as well as broader service offerings to actively identify potential new business opportunities.
• Contribute to and/or manage the development of proposals.
• Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of climate risk regulations and an awareness of broader banking regulations, market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
• Provides technical knowledge, coaching and training to junior team members.
This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of building KPMG’s banking risk capabilities in an exciting and rapidly evolving area. It will provide unique visibility across the firm and within our clients, and offer exposure to different parts of the firm, different clients, and different products and engagements.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a professional role, with significant amount of this time focussed on climate change and climate risk, with a focus on climate risk data, MI, scenario expertise, and macro-economic data knowledge
• Experience in managing smaller teams of 2-5 people
• Understanding of the risks faced by financial services due to climate change and how they can be managed, measured, and integrated into banks risk management frameworks
• Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations in relation to climate risk
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
• Self-starter, with the ability and desire to do own research and apply existing climate risk expertise to the banking risk environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead diverse groups and develop strong networks
• Flexibility and agility to contribute to a broad range of banking risk engagements
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively, with a practical solutions-driven approach
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, across individuals within the firm and our banking clients
We have an opportunity for a Manager based in the Banking team in London
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Manager there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements for FS clients and your role will involve:
i. Drive and lead the day-to-day execution of Advisory Engagements (Sarbanes-Oxley assistance, Risk Assessments, Maturity Assessments, Internal Controls Diagnostics Reviews) for clients, including activities such as; Design and development of risk assessments, development of SOx/ICFR frameworks, testing plans, working papers, production of reports summarizing results, and other deliverables based on the specific engagement requirements.
ii. Serve as a coach and mentor and provide opportunities for on-the-job training for staff, as well as other team members.
iii. Work closely to develop and train our offshore team in SOx regulations and working practices
iv. Identify and clearly communicate issues and share best practices to client personnel and senior management.
v. Work with partners and directors to assist in practice management including resource allocation, career development of staff, and other administrative decisions.
vi. Support KPMG thought leadership communications by sharing and participating in the development and publication of best practice and thought leadership papers, including development of new service offerings and benchmarking.
vii. Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the client and engagement or project teams to provide well-coordinated and consistent high performance results
viii. Be responsible for risk management, financial management and other core administrative tasks in respect of engagements.
Skills, Qualification & Experience:
At KPMG, we think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
I. Experience in assurance, controls and / or corporate compliance-related experience, including consulting, auditing, risk management. Expertise can be in-house or in Industry. Experience should include performing external audits from the beginning of an engagement or project through completion or being part of a SOx404a assurance team in industry.
II. Experience of auditing or assuring banking (or boarder FS) processes such as credit, valuations, EIR, lending. Experience of US banks’ processes is desirable.
III. Knowledge of UK and US audit regulations
IV. Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to use data effectively identify and resolve issues
V. Ability to identify deficiencies, observations and recommendations in respect of a wide range of financial processes
VI. Advanced risk, controls, accounting and / or information technology operations knowledge, as well as command of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, SOX, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations and/or Control Objectives for Information and related Technology control framework
VII. Previous experience leading teams and managing projects, and accustomed to taking an active role in executing engagements
VIII. Preferably ACA qualified (or equivalent)
• Experience in evaluating Design and Operating Effectiveness under Internal Controls Framework, ICFR assessment, and 404 experience in a Banking, or other financial services environment.
• Prior experience in Consulting is desirable
• Prior experience with a Big 4 is desirable.
The role of GSG is to work with C-level Executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues across the economic and transaction cycles. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, our consultants offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to corporate, public sector and private equity clients. Our consultants also receive a superior level of training and coaching to enable them to meet the needs of our global client base.
We focus on four key propositions. Growth strategy, Deal strategy, Cost strategy and Enterprise-wide-transformation. The Financial Services team focuses on three specific sectors; banking, insurance and investment management.
We are looking for an experienced consultant to help develop and build our financial services practice in one of our three focus sectors, working alongside other partners and directors to develop and commercialise client relationships and lead engagement delivery across our core propositions.
Our Strategy Group is at the heart of the Firm's growth agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms. The team works closely with colleagues across the other Strategy sector groups and broader advisory practices within the firm to build market profile, develop relationships and deliver work.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to enhance the existing Director group.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record of leading large, multi-disciplinary transactions teams and building, sustaining and commercialising relationships with clients. As engagement leaders, Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice
• Engagement leadership: leading multiple large, complex engagements in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
• Business development: building, commercialising and sustaining relationships with senior management teams for the benefit of the Firm. Leading strategy relationships with specific clients and developing propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients
• Risk management: managing risks appropriately and ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
• Team development: identifying team development needs and accelerating development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Personal development: participating in the career and skills development of more junior staff and acting as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm
• Performance management: being responsible for coaching and performance management of a small number of more junior staff in the department
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Strong academic background and Financial Services industry track record
• Extensive experience of delivering large and complex strategy and transformation engagements, including cross border and multi-disciplinary engagements, preferably with a significant proportion of this experience within either the banking, insurance or asset management sector
• Detailed knowledge of either the banking, insurance or asset management sector, with the ability to talk credibly to senior management at clients on the key issues facing the industry, potential implications and strategic considerations / options
• A thorough knowledge of the financial services operating environment and understanding of the strategies of our clients
• The ability to develop strong client relationships and a proven track record of developing and commercialising new relationships
• A commercial mind set, with the ability to maximise revenue opportunities for strategy and the wider firm
• A high degree of resilience and a willingness to work under extreme pressure in rapidly changing situations
• Strong personal impact, comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders
• Evidence of working successfully with senior management teams at clients
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills