I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Risk Management"
Head of Risk Operations Group
Service Line: QRM
Credit Risk Assurance Assistant Manager - London
Service Line: Audit
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Asset Management - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, ESG Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
OEH plays a pivotal role in supporting the delivery of the business strategy, by providing an excellent, efficient, collaborative service; we are the hidden heroes and experts that enable our customers to excel every day.
We focus on executing highly effective processes which we continuously improve to ensure that KPMG operates effectively as a business. To excel in our community you will need to demonstrate a thirst for process excellence, resilience and collaboration.
The OEH consists of the following Hubs: Business Support Group (secretarial), Create (creative services), CRM (sales management), Finance Operations, People Operations, Talent Acquisition (recruitment operations), Risk Operations and Facilities operations.
The Risk Operations Group (ROG) is responsible for monitoring the firm’s and its individuals’ compliance with the firm’s professional risk management and quality control policies, procedures and guidance. The Group work in collaboration with the wider Risk & Legal community and across the KPMG network to exchange knowledge, develop and improve processes and procedures in response to emerging regulatory, business and other requirements.
The ROG consists of eighty team members, on and offshore, grouped into six teams led by dedicated managers:
- Client Assessment team (responsible for the centralised client risk assessment process and help the firm to appropriately manage risks associated with its clients (e.g. PEPs, Sanctions, Source of Funds) via Client Identification procedures.)
- Sentinel team (responsible for the processes relating to the firm’s Sentinel application, a KPMG secure online application developed to assist KPMG member firms in identifying potential conflicts of interest with proposed engagements and in complying with legal and regulatory independence requirements related to the provision of services.)
- Ethics and Independence teams (responsible for providing guidance and advice to Partners and the firm’s personnel on personal E&I matters and investments in accordance with regulatory requirements and play an important role in running related processes and procedures to ensure compliance):
o Personal Ethics and Independence,
o Partner Independence,
o Pre-Clearance team
o KPMG Independence Compliance System (used for Employees and partners to record their personal investments).
Oversight of the ROG quality and levels of service for every process and ensuring that all processes are effective and operate correctly for legal and regulatory requirements. This includes responsibility for ensuring the processes for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) are effective and responsive to regulatory requirements.
The role reports into the Head of OEH and should keep the Head of OEH informed of all key ROG activities and escalations. The role holder should pro-actively Identify opportunities to improve all processes and pre-empt the impact of regulatory changes to ensure KPMG is adhering to required standards in its Risk Operations.
Management and adherence to the ROG budget.
Ownership of the ROG risk and controls matrix (RACM), process maps and SOP’s.
Leading and driving forward ROG projects and activities (e.g. periodic and ad-hoc roll-out, chasing, reporting and monitoring of specific requirements; setting up and improving procedures and processes for the ROG; responding to compliance findings etc.)
Leading the ROG team from a people perspective as Performance Leader which includes:
- Professional development and performance management of the ROG colleagues.
- Giving guidance and responding to queries escalated by the ROG teams.
- Determining training and development needs for the ROG team.
- Organising and leading training and team activities for the ROG.
- Leading and managing key HR processes like performance development and annual pay reviews.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable extensive experience of leading Risk Operations and establishing/managing effective risk processes (e.g. process improvement, technical skills)
- Passionate about and significant involvement in driving operational improvement and innovating processes to achieve better outcomes, more efficiently.
- Considerable experience of leading and having ultimate accountability for a large and multi-locational department (both multiple locations in the UK and an offshore team) of colleagues who are relatively junior.
- A strong leadership track record including the management of teams in a virtual environment.
- Strong influencing and complex stakeholder management skills across all levels of KPMG and a dedication to excellent customer service delivery.
- Must be able to deal with sensitivities relating to risk and the political nature of the role.
- Ability to quickly understand the KPMG and KBS strategy and governance in order to operate effectively.
- Prior experience in a client-facing or Quality and Risk capacity with a professional services firm is a must.
- A motivated team leader with a "can-do" and solutions focused attitude with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong communication skills – able to question effectively, listen and apply judgement.
- Strong project management skills to enable identification of required tasks and deadlines and planning and prioritisation of these tasks in an appropriate manner.
- Client-focused approach with a passion for delivering excellence, capable of empathising with others and understanding the issues they face.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate with people at all levels and build relationships.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of various Risk & Legal and related research tools and systems is an advantage.
- Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
- Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
- Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
- Seeks to understand others’ motivations
- Supports others to make brave decisions and adhere to KPMG values and behaviours.
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Technical model development documentation review
2) Technical model validation documentation review
3) Assessment of model performance
4) Independent replication of any of the above
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of audit entities end to end credit risk process and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Credit risk governance reviews
2) Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
3) Individual credit file reviews
4) Substantive testing of any of the above
Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate or build credit risk measurement models.
The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Knowledge & Experience:
Experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques
Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9, CECL and regulatory credit risk models
Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications & Skills:
Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python
Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
Client facing Senior Manager roles in the Accounting Advisory Services team. Provides specialist IFRS accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax. We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depth and breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above and beyond.
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Operating Model Transformation, Strategy and Planning, Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk and Technology.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Asset organisation and operating model transformation
- Analytics and asset management improvement programmes
- Asset investment planning including corporate value frameworks
- Network/service resilience and maintenance planning
- Internal audit, assurance and peer review of key business processes
- Data and technology advisory services for the asset lifecycle
As a Manager in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for:
- Delivering key work streams within a large engagement or leading less complex engagements operating at all levels of the business
- Managing the KPMG team and day to day programme for engagements where required and delivery key deliverables at pace and to the highest quality.
- Support off project development of asset management capability and development of the AM tools and methodologies across the team and within projects
- Engaging across KPMG UK with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
At manager level, the main focus will be:
- delivering high quality outcomes for clients on project and securing additional work for the current engagement or for related opportunities
- supporting and coordinating bid development for specific pursuits
We are looking for a person who is able to work at pace and provide practical solutions across the broad services we provide. The ability to deal with ambiguity and to put in place frameworks and structure to address this is essential along with good communication skills. Has a track record of delivery high quality outputs.
The technical background will varying and will likely to come from an asset, project and/or business management background for asset intensive organisations.
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Understanding and assessment of operating models and end to end process for asset management and capital delivery for asset intensive organisations
- Life-cycle decision-making and the ability to manage and direct the creation of asset management plans, capital programmes or maintenance regimes
- Assessing and managing risks at both a service/network level and an asset level.
- Strong analytical skills and/or strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of asset management information and knowledge management
- Experience in one or more key sectors of Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence, Property/Estates or Utilities
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management IT systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
Work as a senior ESG reporting specialist within the growing Accounting Advisory Services (AAS) team. The team provides specialist accounting and reporting advice to clients across a range of areas.
We are seeking an experienced ESG reporting expert to drive the growth of our Corporate Reporting service line. The candidate will lead the delivery of engagements advising our clients on how to develop and improve their external reporting on ESG matters. Such matters might include Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains, health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investing and other non-financial information.
The role would include providing advice to large corporate companies in different sectors, including those from the FTSE 100, on best practice reporting. This would include the application of relevant reporting industry reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting, looking at both the reporting content as well as providing advice on processes and data collection.
The role would often involve managing or working as part of a cross-functional team including ESG strategy, risk management, assurance, technology and transformation/change experts.
- Management of client ESG reporting related engagements, including leading AAS input into large multi-disciplinary teams
- Managing the preparation and delivery of reports and presentations to help clients to understand and identify their material ESG issues, decide on their desired reporting maturity, and improve or redesign their public disclosures.
- Providing senior clients with advice on the initial and continuing application of relevant industry reporting frameworks including TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
- Development and delivery of training on ESG topics to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior client leaders as well as KPMG ESG leadership in the UK and Globally
- People management and performance development including motivating and generating commitment from team members
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
- Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
- Share knowledge with the team.Actively contribute to AAS strategy and growth, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.Experience
- Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Experience (ideally 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of preparing, assuring or advising on sustainability reporting for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent)
- Experienced in preparing, auditing/assuring or reviewing the content of mainstream corporate reporting documents such as the Annual Report.
- Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
-Expertise/ technical role requirements
- Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.Skills
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
- Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves
- An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally, including Board level stakeholders and KPMG leadership.
- Self-driven and resilient.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail