I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Services Assurance Services (FSAS)"
Associate Director - Transaction Services - Financial Services
Service Line: Transaction Services
Associate Director, Transaction Services, Private Equity Group
Service Line: Transaction Services
GMS Tax Assistant Manager (Financial Services)
Service Line: People Services
Senior Manager (CASS) - FS Assurance Services Banking
Service Line: Audit
Modelling Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: MC Technology
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised along market lines. Within this structure, the Financial Services Transaction Services team comprises 70 professionals.
We provide due diligence advice and assistance to financial services clients of every size, and help them to deliver successful transactions. We also assist private equity clients making investments into the financial services market.
We focus on acquisitions, disposals, public bids/mergers, joint ventures, buy-outs, initial public offerings (IPOs), market entry, financing and other transactions. We identify, structure and execute all manner of public and private market transactions, and provide support from initial analysis of strategic options and deal evaluation through to completion. We help our clients to identify upside opportunities and risks in their transactions and also assist as Reporting Accountants during Capital Markets processes to satisfy the due diligence requirements of underwriting investment banks.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Regulatory and other Advisory teams. We frequently work alongside KPMG teams from other jurisdictions to deliver clients seamless insight across multiple geographies.
Our Financial Services covers deals across the full range of banking, insurance and investment management. Within the team, individuals may chose to focus on an individual sub-sector or gain experience across a range of Financial Services business models.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions currently taking place in the market we are fast-growing the size of our team and have a need to recruit Associate Directors to focus on the Financial Services sector. Specific experience of financial due diligence and/or capital markets reporting will be highly regarded, but we would be open to receiving applications from exceptional staff who have the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills or market skills.
Associate Director appointments are made on the basis of proven track record. As engagement managers, Associate Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice. You will be required to perform the following activities as part of the role:
- Engagement management : you will structure and lead multiple large, complex workstreams in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
- Business development : you will build, commercialise and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm. You will develop propositions, focussing on specific themes and/or clients.
- Risk management : you will identify and manage risks, ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- Developing People : you will identify team member development needs and accelerate development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on mentoring and skills transfer. You will act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm.
- Delivering quality services : you will monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). You will be proficient at managing multiple priorities
- Advisory Skills : you will use your extensive skills and experience to provide advice as a trusted adviser.
You would be based in KPMG’s London office but the role may involve some travel.
Required Skills and Qualifications You will have the following skills and qualifications:
•Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA (or equivalent)
•Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
•Extensive experience of managing advisory or transaction related engagements
•Strong personal impact and self-awareness
•Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
•Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients: The ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams
•Experience in Insurance, Banking and/or Investment Management.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career dreams are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, transparent conversations about your career development.
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle. Within this structure, the Private Equity Transaction Services Team (PE TS) team comprises c.60 professionals focused on both mid-market and LBO houses, working predominantly on financial due diligence projects across buy side, sell side, IPOs and refinancing projects.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions in the private equity market we are continuing to expand the size of our team and have a need to recruit multiple Associate Directors in order support the growth of our PE TS business.
Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record as engagement leaders, Associate Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice:
Perform financial analysis on the financial statements and internal management information of entities. You will be required to interpret financial performance of target entities, using your understanding of key accounting concepts, analysing historical performance trends, identifying key drivers of performance as well as identifying potential issues which could either lead to a price adjustment for our client or an integration issue post-acquisition.
Produce analytics on the trading performance and position of entities in order to provide clients with insight on key business drivers. You will for example be expected to prepare and work with a project data book.
Provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client. This advice will be provided throughout a transaction and take the form of both oral and written advice. You will advise clients about the transaction process, SPA completion mechanics as well as providing general commentary of the findings of our work.
Demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. You will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others. You will be expected to coach team members who are have either not yet fully attained accounting qualification or have less transaction experience than you.
Responsible for the delivery of client facing projects by being part of the transaction fieldwork team, being a day to day point of contact for senior client contacts for matters relating to our work.
Your role involves working in a team environment. You may be part of a larger team on complex assignments and you may be asked to lead work certain work streams on less complex engagements.
Build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
Monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). You will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
Identify and manage risks, including front end client and transaction acceptance procedures and ensure the Firm's reporting frameworks are implemented throughout a transaction process.
Financial qualifications ACA or ACCA (or equivalent)
Experience of leading and managing buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence projects
Experience of working with Private Equity clients
Experience in client facing project management
Experience of building commercial relationships with Private Equity clients for the benefit of your existing employer.
Experience in the development of PE-TS propositions and asset opportunities with Private Equity clients.
Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
Excellent written and oral communication
Opening date: 19 September 2019
Closing date: 17 October 2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
KPMG's Tax, Pensions and Legal Services (TPL) practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, TPL can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people. Our People Services practice encompasses a wide range of areas across both Global Mobility Services (GMS) and Employer Reward Services (ERS). Our GMS team assists organisations to manage their globally mobile workforce. For our clients we provide a single source of advisory and compliance experience covering all aspects of global mobility and international assignments. Services range from international tax compliance and consultancy, advising on international social security and pensions through to helping clients to design their global mobility policies or move into a new territory. Our ERS team brings a number of key elements under one umbrella, Reward, Employment Solutions and Employee Benefit Solutions all delivering a wide range of services. The scope is broad, covering payroll and HMRC compliance, employee reward and benefit strategy design including technology, executive strategic reward, valuation services, workforce management and advice on national minimum wage and gender pay gap.
• Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
• Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
• Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
•Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
•Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
• Preparation of written advice for clients and helping to advise clients on GMS issues
•Conduct arrival and departure briefings
• Review of tax returns and preparation of income tax/NIC calculations
• Project management of advisory projects for clients
• Updating clients on GMS developments
• Participating in proposals/buiness development
• Managing and coaching junior team members
• Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
• Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
• Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
• Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
•ATT qualified or equivalent professional experience
•International tax services experience with UK expatriate tax background including tax briefings, review of tax returns and advisory
• Experience of managing global assignee populations and experience of immigration, social security and compensation accumulation for different countries
• High level of personal responsibility and accountability for own work
• Energetic, committed and ambitious
• High level of personal responsibility and accountability for own work
• Analytical; identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, both in spoken and written communication and in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
• Capable of working to deadlines, showing resilience under pressure and ability to apply knowledge to non-routine situations
• Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through quality work, knowledge, sound professional judgement and adherence to risk processes
• Flexible, positive outlook with a commitment to team working
• Capacity to receive positive and constructive feedback
FSAS Banking Regulatory provides regulatory advisory and assurance services to assist leading organisations in the Banking sector. KPMG has a proven track record of helping clients in this area, and we have significant growth plans given the opportunities arising from increasing regulatory scrutiny, supervision and demand for external assurance.
Team members possess a variety of core assurance and advisory skills, and have considerable industry knowledge and specialist expertise of the UK regulatory environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Delivery of client engagements, leading small sized teams and providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Delivering Section 166 reviews and reporting to the FCA as part of a wider team.
- Providing clients with assurance over their arrangements for producing, validating and submitting monthly regulatory returns in respect of client assets.
- Advising and assisting clients with implementation of systems and processes to comply with both current and potential changes to the client asset rules.
- Advising clients on CASS issues and providing assurance over existing processes.
- Advising client on the development, implementation and/or effectiveness of client asset governance structures.
- Development and delivery of client asset based training programmes for clients and internally at KPMG
- Provision of technical support and advice internally to KPMG teams in respect of the client asset audits.
- Taking a leading role in the identification of business development opportunities and the preparation of client proposals in order to assist in meeting overall departmental sales targets.
- Sub-team leadership, leading a team of 5-6 individuals within a larger team, including: mentoring and coaching of other less experienced team members, oversight and business planning.
- Supporting KPMG's efforts together with the European Centre of Excellence in relation to Sales and Marketing, Research and - Development and Knowledge Management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong understanding of businesses, structures, governance frameworks and process & control infrastructures of firms in the banking sector.
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills and ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external network of contacts.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a team of professional staff.
- Strong background in regulation with deep technical skills in capital, liquidity or conduct of business areas and an appetite to learn more.
Experience and Background
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Professional qualification preferred, with strong knowledge of regulatory rules and guidance but crucially the practical application within the banking industry.
- Project management skills, demonstrated by a record of regulatory project delivery.
- The ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse facts, consult and deliver solutions to clients.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; including an ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Relevant financial services experience with a regulatory focus, either as part of a financial services firm, advisory capacity or FCA.
- Understanding of regulatory developments and key current issues facing clients.
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders.
- Proven track record in sales and building client relationships demonstrating networking and influencing skills.
We help our clients understand their business through building models, reviewing models and data analytics. We work across a broad range of tools (Excel, VBA, SQL, Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI) to support decision making and effective execution. If you enjoy translating complex problems into models, this is the team for you.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our FS Modelling team and be based out of our London office.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to and driving the growth of the modelling team focused on financial services clients
- Leading large projects to support clients in tackling business issues across financial services
- Applying technical skills to devise compelling and well thought out solutions to support strategic financial planning
- Building constructive working relationships to develop internal and external networks
- Leveraging existing managerial experience and leadership skills to help grow and develop the modelling team
- Building strong client relationships and assist business development efforts including taking new propositions to the market and pitching for new work.
- Managing teams of modellers and other professionals to provide high quality and flexible modelling solutions for a diverse range of clients across financial, energy and public sectors.
- End to end engagement and stakeholder management including day to day project management.
- You will use existing Excel, VBA, and/or SQL skills to support delivery and develop capabilities, share knowledge on solutions, and best practice techniques
- Supporting the professional development of the junior members within the team through mentoring and coaching
- Developing financial forecast model for business planning and valuation
- Developing business case models for option appraisals and transformation execution
- Transaction modelling such as corporate finance, M&A and restructuring
- Reviewing financial models for quality assurance sign-off
- Developing tactical solutions for automation of finance and regulatory reporting
- Developing calculation engines for such things as banking customer remediation
- Development of data models to support modelling and analytics deliverables
- Incorporation of VBA within the model to streamline Excel processes
- Using visualisation and analytical software (such as the Power BI, QlikView and Tableau) to drive insights from data to inform client decisions
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience as a senior manager in consultancy, actively winning modelling work and delivering on engagement
- Experience in developing modelling propositions and taking out to market
- Experience with Financial Services clients including Banking, Insurance & Investment Management
- Experience scoping, designing and building financial models in best practice
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships across a range of teams
- Experience in developing new strategy and propositions to generate business
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- Strong IT skills (Excel, VBA, SQL)
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of key concepts and issues in the financial services sector
- A first-class or upper second-class degree (or international equivalent) in a numerate subject