I'm looking for
Search results for "Indirect Tax"
Corporate Tax Manager
Service Line: IHQ
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager (Inhouse)
Service Line: IHQ
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager, Technical Accounting Advisory Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
Technology HR Business Partner
Service Line: People
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
We are the in-house tax team for KPMG International (“KPMGI”). This is a unique opportunity to work in an internal rather than client-facing KPMG team.
KPMGI carries on business activities for the overall benefit of KPMG network firms, but does not provide professional services to clients. One of the main purposes of KPMGI is to facilitate the provision by KPMG network firms of high-quality Audit, Tax, and Advisory services to their clients. For example, KPMGI establishes and facilitates the implementation and maintenance of uniform policies and standards of work and conduct by the KPMG network firms, and protects and enhances the use of the KPMG name and brand for the benefit of these entities.
The team works on a wide and varied range of tax matters across direct and indirect tax. Some of the work is UK focused, but much of the work is international, dealing with a variety of jurisdictions outside the UK. We drive the tax strategy, which means understanding KPMGI’s business requirements and interacting with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to provide tax advice and ensure that tax obligations are met around the world. The work is varied and we operate in a challenging and stimulating environment.
Like many in-house tax teams, KPMGI outsources its compliance and also appoints advisors to assist on specific projects. Where we use outside advisors, the tax team is responsible for actively managing the advisors, scoping their work, agreeing their fees, receiving and reviewing output and communicating findings and action points to the business.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a full time manager who will be based in Canary Wharf, London. There is minimal travel required. The role reports into a London based Tax Director, with the Head of Tax based in the US. Other than the Head of Tax, all of the in-house direct and indirect tax team are based in London.
The successful applicant will demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude by working on and helping to run a portfolio of advisory and compliance projects. You will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast changing environment and relish a role which is constantly changing according to the needs of the business and the requirements of the KPMG network firms globally. We are a close knit team and you will receive guidance and support from other team members to develop and grow.
Typically, projects involve interaction with other teams within KPMG International (e.g. commercial, legal, finance) and with the tax team at the relevant KPMG member firm, and might include:
- Helping to assess the corporate tax obligations in various territories and coordinating with the finance team and local tax advisors in order to fulfil these obligations.
- Understanding the changing business activities and helping to advise on proposed restructuring steps, including understanding the accounting position and providing input into legal documentation.
- Understanding the business model for any new services to be provided and coordinating with the business and legal teams, and in some cases, other KPMG member firms, in order to recommend and implement an appropriate operating structure.
- Taking responsibility for organising the team’s training programme.
- Liaising with KPMG Member Firm’s in-house tax teams on the tax treatment of their transactions with KPMGI.
- Monitoring the implementation of significant tax legislative changes around the world (e.g. BEPS) and assessing its impact on KPMGI’s tax position.
- Being responsible for tax compliance filings in a number of different jurisdictions, including overseeing the gathering of information and managing advisors.
- Dealing with enquiries from local tax authorities.
- You will also be responsible for mentoring and coaching junior staff.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualified CTA or equivalent, with a corporate tax background and experience in industry. Some indirect tax experience preferred but not essential.
Experience and Background
- High level of drive and enthusiasm and a willingness to learn about new taxes.
- Enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds around the world, and good at quickly building different networks according to the demands of each project.
- Passionate about developing an exceptionally performing team.
- Strong project management skills; comfortable in dealing with issues crossing over multiple taxes and multiple jurisdictions, and a practical approach to resolving issues and providing advice.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally) both in writing and orally, with tax specialists and non-tax specialists, in the UK and overseas.
- Ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others. Must be a team worker.
- Strong UK and international tax knowledge and experience
- Comfortable with reviewing overseas tax calculations (based on advice from local advisers), experience with understanding and interpreting financial statements and accounting data.
We are the in-house tax team for KPMG International(“KPMGI”). This is a unique opportunity to work inan internal rather than client-facing KPMG team.
KPMGI carries on business activities for the overall benefit of KPMG networkfirms, but does not provide professional services to clients. One of themain purposes of KPMGI is to facilitate the provision by KPMG network firms ofhigh-quality audit, tax, and advisory services to their clients. Forexample, KPMGI establishes and facilitates the implementation and maintenanceof uniform policies and standards of work and conduct by the KPMG networkfirms, and protects and enhances the use of the KPMG name and brand for thebenefit of these entities.
The in-house tax team for KPMGI works on awide and varied range of tax matters across direct and indirect tax. Someof the work is UK focused but much of the work is international, dealing with avariety of jurisdictions outside the UK. We drive the tax strategy, whichmeans understanding KPMGI’s business requirements and interacting with avariety of internal and external stakeholders to provide tax advice and ensurethat tax obligations are met around the world. The work is varied and weoperate in a challenging and stimulating environment.
Like many in-house tax teams, KPMGI outsources its compliance and also appointsadvisors to assist on specific projects. Where we use outside advisors,the tax team is responsible for actively managing the advisors, scoping theirwork, agreeing their fees, receiving and reviewing output and communicatingfindings and action points to the business.
Role and Responsibilities
Weare looking for a full time assistant manager who will be based in CanaryWharf, London.
There is minimal travelrequired.
The role reports into aLondon based Tax Director, with the Head of Tax based in the US.
Other than the Head of Tax, all of thein-house direct and indirect tax team are based in London.
The successful applicant will demonstrate anentrepreneurial attitude by working on a variety of advisory and complianceprojects. You will need to be capable of taking ownership of tasks and thinkingthrough technical and business issues, and will relish a role which isconstantly changing according to the needs of the business and the requirementsof the KPMG network firms globally. We are however a close knit team and youwill receive guidance and support from other team members to develop and growin this dynamic environment.
Typically, projects involve interaction with other teams within KPMGI (e.g.commercial, legal, finance) and with the tax team at the relevant KPMG memberfirm. With the support and guidance of other in-house tax team membersprojects might include:
• Being responsible for tax compliance filings in a number of differentjurisdictions, including overseeing the gathering of information, managingadvisors and reviewing tax returns.
• Dealing with enquiries from local tax authorities.
• Assessing the corporate tax obligations in various territories andcoordinating with the finance team in order to gather relevant data and localtax advisors in order to fulfil any tax filing obligations.
• Assisting on a wide range of ad hoc advisory projects in the UK and overseas,including consideration of financial information and reading relevant legaldocumentation.
• Assisting with the practical implementation of ad hoc projects, both from acompliance process perspective and a one of transaction / project perspective.
• Monitoring the implementation of significant tax legislative changes aroundthe world (e.g. BEPS) and assessing its impact on KPMGI’s tax position.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualified CTA or equivalent, with a corporate tax background. Some indirect taxexperience preferred but certainly not essential.
Experience and Background
• High level of drive and enthusiasm and a willingness to learn about newtaxes.
• Enjoy working with individuals from diverse backgrounds around the world, andgood at quickly building different networks according to the demands of eachproject.
• Strong team player but also capable of working independently and using initiativeto find practical solutions to tax technical and business matters.
• Strong project management skills; enjoy dealing with issues crossing overmultiple taxes and multiple jurisdictions.
• Ability to communicate effectively (internally and externally) both inwriting and orally, with tax specialists and non-tax specialists, in the UK andoverseas.
• UK and international tax knowledge and experience, including experience intax compliance and reading financial information, and preferably (but not anabsolute requirement) some knowledge of indirect taxes.
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification)
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9)
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
- Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
- Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
- Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
- Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
- Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
- Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
- Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
- Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
- Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
- Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
- Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
- Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
- Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
- Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
- Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
- Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
- Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
- Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
- Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
- Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
- Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
- Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
- Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
- Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
- MI, e.g., Attrition.
- Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
- Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
- Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
- Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
- Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
- Quality and timeliness of advice.
- Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
- Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
- Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
- Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
- Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
- Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
- Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
- Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
- Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
- Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
- Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
- Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and PowerPoint).
- Performance Group Leader.
- Partners in Performance Group.
- Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
- People Partner.
- Performance Leaders (PL).
This role reports to the HR Lead.
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal