I'm looking for
Search results for "Infrastructure Advisory Group"
Manager - Infratech - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Restructuring - Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Manager - P3M - Major Projects Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager, Technical Accounting Advisory Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets has never been greater.
Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure and asset-intensive organisations across all sectors, including Natural Resources, Energy, Power, Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence, Health and Education. We are strengthening our Infratech capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use data, analytics and technology to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Asset Management and Data Analytics.
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients.
You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our Infratech business, working with client organisations and other KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions.
- Support the IAG Infratech Lead in developing our Infratech value propositions
- Manage teams to deliver Infratech engagements
- Develop technology solutions for client challenges
- Work with KPMG’s global Infratech network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- Work with KPMG’s technology and data analytics team to develop and deploy proof of concepts and solutions
- Develop partnerships with third party providers to develop an ecosystem of solutions for client issues
Leadership & Management:
- Engagement Management of project teams (typically 2-3 people) to deliver small-medium client engagements.
- Management of quality and risk on engagements to meet KPMG standards.
- Financial management of engagements including budgeting, reporting and invoicing processes.
- Performance Management and mentoring of IAG junior employees (typically 1-2 reports).
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- Client facing role for both business development and delivery, including stakeholder management and workshop facilitation.
- Liaise with technical teams on the client side to support productionising of proof of concepts.
- Change management of client teams to embed solutions and supporting processes.
- Develop internal networks with other data, analytics and technology teams in KPMG
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
- The role can potentially have a material impact on the success of the Infratech offering and its growth within IAG.
- The role will be client facing and have direct impact on the reputation and perception of KPMG
- The role has financial responsibilities through Engagement Management.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with data, analytics and technology in an infrastructure or asset-intensive organisation
- Broad understanding and interest in multiple infrastructure industry sectors
- Deep knowledge of at least one industry within construction, transport, power, utilities and defence.
- Demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering projects within a disruptive sector, such as a technology startup
- Experience in managing consultancy or client facing assignments
- Experience working on complex change programmes
- Experience building business cases for funding
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Knowledge of asset management
- Understanding of broader Asset Management good practice (ISO 55001 and IAM/GFMAM 39 subjects)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and their use in scaling solutions
- Excellent facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to bring complex data, analytics and technology concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders and balance time across these appropriately
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
We are a team of approximately 90 people, led by eight partners and 12 directors. We are looking to grow the team to enhance our delivery capability to support our next phase of growth.
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors, there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors (both in the private and public sector) and situations depending on client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are looking to recruit Managers to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders on engagements (including divisional and functional management at corporates, lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders/investors).
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Strong analysis (including financial modelling and scenario analysis) and report writing skills.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• An existing professional network of client relationships across corporates, lenders, private equity and/or other stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in managing client work, ideally with a focus based on stakeholder advisory, turnaround, transformation or IBR assignments.
• Demonstrable experience in managing projects and/or own work streams, with the ability to oversee work of junior team members and build report with key client stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’ as well as delegate to teams of colleagues.
• Drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude.
• Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
KPMG’s Major Projects Advisory (MPA) team works with some of the world’s most demanding organisations, helping to crack some of the biggest challenges in Infrastructure.
We focus on:
- Capital Programmes and Portfolios
- Technology-Enabled Transformations
- Progressive Assurance
- Designing and Mobilising Major Projects/Programmes
- Designing, Integrating and Improving Programme Controls
- Advising on the structures and strategies behind Portfolios
- Helping clients to make major Investment Decisions
- Developing Project/Programme/Portfolio management capability within our clients
- Making sure accountable individuals and teams can sleep at night via expert, real-time assurance
As a true market leader, we boast an impressive client base across the commercial and public sectors, delivering lasting results in areas including Central Government, Transport, Energy and the Defence sectors.
On the back of continuing growth, we’re once again investing in our team and boosting our numbers – which means you’ll be joining one of the fastest growing areas of the firm at a time of real significance.
The work is varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do.
We’re small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally – but we’re also part of something much bigger. Alongside 16,000 of the brightest minds in the business. KPMG is a place where you can make an extraordinary difference without having to be anybody but yourself.
The things we do are wide-ranging and require plenty of entrepreneurial ability and intellectual curiosity.
Managers in our team are right at the forefront of delivery, and this role requires a breadth of management consulting experience - ideally gained from Infrastructure-related Projects and Programmes, but we’ll happily consider candidates with experience in other relevant fields.
As one of the senior consultants on the ground, you’ll be applying your experience every day, bringing to life tailored solutions for our clients whilst managing important relationships.
It’s a demanding job, but you’ll be well supported by the rest of us. After all, everything we do is a team sport.
Specifically, your day-to-day involves:
- Managing high-performing, multi-disciplinary consulting teams
- Managing the delivery of client-facing work within specialist areas, ensuring new processes and tools are designed with a strong human /end user focus – this includes producing high-quality outputs with serious attention to detail
- Looking after financial aspects of an engagement - ensuring we keep clients informed of costs and time incurred, in addition to raising invoices and recovering fees
- Business development - identifying potential opportunities for new assignments and assisting with bids
- Keeping up to date with specific (technical) developments affecting your work, identifying opportunities for thought leadership and assisting with the development of a KPMG opinion in your specific technical area
- Understanding the broader suite of services offered by KPMG and identifying opportunities to collaborate and design unique solutions for our clients
- Coaching and mentoring your colleagues – both up and down
- Being a role model and living our values
Skills and Qualifications
There is no one-size fits all in MPA; we’re as diverse as the world around us. We hand pick our people because they’re our most important asset – and people pick us because we really mean that.
For this opportunity, we’re looking for candidates with a strong consulting background of between five and seven years’ experience - primarily built around the delivery of major Projects/Programmes.
Your track record should evidence:
- Experience working within a Consulting environment – either for another consultancy or in an advisory role in Industry/Government
- Some experience in at least one our priority markets - Transport, Defence, Energy or Utilities sectors
- In-depth experience of applying Project, Programme and/or Portfolio management – and a passion for the discipline
- A foundation of excellent academics and good career progression to date
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to build and maintain great relationships and a desire to network across our firm
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- A good spread of experience using different software/applications (e.g. Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Oracle P6, Slack, Clarizen)
- Relevant professional certification – e.g. APM PMQ/PPQ; MoP; MSP; PRINCE2
Experience in one of the following areas would also help you stand out – but it’s not essential:
- Delivering targeted business process improvement(s) in relation to capital investment Portfolios and major Projects/Programmes
- Delivering advisory services such as organisational design and governance optimisation
- Working in partnership with clients to shape strategic direction and helping them to go out and implement
- Performance and efficiency improvement
- Enhancing Project and Programme controls
- Assurance and monitoring
- Troubled Project/Programme reviews
One final word from us…
Everybody likes to say they’re different... but we really think we are. We do what we say, and we say what we mean.
We’re hugely proud of what we’ve managed to achieve so far – but we’re only just getting started. We’re looking for people to grow with us and are committed to helping everybody reach their destination, regardless of what that is.
Rapid career progression means that if you show up and you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not just tenure.
And with all the support, training, and development you need, the sky really is the limit.
No matter what skills you bring to our team, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how we make a collective impact, greater than the sum of its parts.
And if this isn’t the role for you but you like what you see, keep in touch. There will be other opportunities to join us.
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification)
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9)
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management