I'm looking for
Search results for "Integration & Separation"
Manager - FS - Integration & Separation - Transaction Services
Service Line: Transaction Services
Technology M&A - Assistant Manager
Service Line: Transaction Services
I&S HR M&A Assistant Manager
Service Line: Transaction Services
M&A Senior Tax Manager (Infrastructure)
Service Line: DA Tax
Associate Director - FS Operations & Value Creation - TS
Service Line: Transaction Services
KPMG's Integration Financial Services Advisory Team works with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal Integration and Separation issues related to M&A or similar transactions. There are key proposition areas:
- Synergy evaluation – understanding the potential benefits and costs of a transaction.
- Pre-completion planning – developing high level plans for the first 100 days by workstream, setting up programme governance and developing Day 1 plans to take control.
- First 100 days and long term implementation – fully mobilised integration team with a prioritised set of opportunities and realisation of quick wins.
- Second wave integration – a refocused, re-energised integration process to capture the originally envisaged benefits of the deal.
- Demerger and Separation – understanding the separation options and giving assistance to deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 with value preserved and business continuity ensured.
We work closely alongside our colleagues within KPMG's Transaction Services who conduct financial, commercial and operational due diligence, providing an integrated and value-adding service to our clients to help make their transactions successful.
We work regularly on 'front page headline' deals for a client base comprising a wide range of publicly listed corporates, private companies, private equity houses and public sector organisations.
- Providing day to day support to project office activities, and lead PMO activities on small to medium sized engagements.
- Lead analytics on synergy and separation type projects and be responsible for first draft of significant sections, if not all, synergy commentary reports.
- Lead the support to a number of workstreams on integration / separation projects, supporting client workstream leads to fulfil their workstream objectives.
- Ownership and maintenance of financial models on an engagement and on larger engagements oversee the work of more junior staff.
- Contribution of content for sections of reports/deliverables on separation and integration projects.
When you are not working on a project, you will provide support to senior colleagues in preparation of proposal materials.
You will need to be willing to travel as we mainly work from client sites and have a global portfolio of clients. The length of a project can be anywhere from one week to one year, although a typical project will last a few weeks and we would aim to give you as diverse an experience as possible.
- Experience working within a Financial Services Deals/M&A environment ideally within the Integration & Separation space.
- Project/programme management experience ideally from working on complex/large scale projects.
- Financial awareness
- Presentation (oral and written)
- Good client relationship skills
- Analysis and problem solving
- Report writing
- Strong team player - we pride ourselves on the way we work with and support each other.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate personal impact, flexibility, drive and commitment.
- A desire to broaden your current skillset and an embrace the opportunity to work at client sites with a relatively high level of autonomy.
- You should be comfortable working in the high pressured yet often ambiguous and flexible conditions that characterise
Opening Date 8th October 2019
Closing Date 7th November 2019
Salary - Competitive plus negotiable benefits and bonus
Multiple roles Available
The Technology in M&A team at KPMG is a growing and dynamic team.
We deal with all aspects of the technology function, from strategy to reviewing technology spend.
We work with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal technology issues. Our three key client proposition areas are:
1) Due diligence: Highlighting key risks and opportunities in the target’s technology environment in order to ensure that acquirers are aware of key issues that may impact valuation.
2) Integration: Planning pre and post deal to support the client to integrate the IT function and systems into the Buyer’s organisation whilst enhancing value.
Separation: Supporting Vendors to plan and deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 to the Buyer with value preserved and business continuity ensured from an IT perspective including support to define and implement transitional service agreements.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will deliver projects working closely alongside senior members of the team, who will provide guidance and insight in the deal environment. This will provide you with the opportunity to build your transactions knowledge and further develop your technology skills base.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering and reviewing technology related deal and transaction reports
- Analysing and data mapping to comment on the technology of the business including cost, products and systems and IT contracts
- Providing insights on IT aspects of the deal that are relevant to the client and readers of the IT due diligence reports and to be able to explain issues simply, highlighting the impact of technology on business strategy, operations and, ultimately, deal valuation.
- Developing an understanding of IT benchmark and qualitative information to provide insights to clients to describe a typical IT function
- Contributing content for sections of reports/deliverables
- Advising on technology aspects of integration, separation (carve outs) and optimisation initiatives (e.g. synergy analysis) including the development of target operating models, understanding the current IT landscape, defining transitional service agreements, developing detailed plans, and supporting the implementation of such plans.
- Support the IT workstream in integrations and separations within a larger team of Integration & Separation colleagues
- Identification or review of client synergies for IT within a larger team
Skills, Qualifications and experience required
- Experience in IT/technology
- M&A experience
- Facilitation of client meetings and interviews
- Programme management experience
KPMG is a market leader in providing Deal Advisory services to clients when they are buying, selling, or transforming businesses. The HR M&A team is a specialist team within Deal Advisory and has been helping clients with their people related issues in M&A for over 12 years. We work at the forefront of transactions, helping both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal people and organisational issues related to M&A. We provide an integrated and bespoke service to our clients supporting them in delivering full value from their transaction.
KPMG research routinely shows that one of the biggest reasons for deals failing is people. Our team helps to mitigate this; we deal with all aspects of the employee journey in M&A, from early stage strategy development and organisational design for carve-outs, to synergy cases and cost benefits, employee experience and corporate cultures, developing TUPE transfer processes and Union negotiation strategies. We work together to develop solutions to the issues our clients may face, and understand the financial benefits or risks that may be present from a people perspective.
As an area of focus and investment for KPMG there is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing, dynamic and diverse team, made up of employment lawyers, HR professionals, transaction experts.
We are looking for superstars to join the team, helping to deliver projects, and working alongside senior team members and the leadership of global organisations. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn more about HR M&A and develop and grow within mergers and acquisitions. We believe heavily in the development of our people. Assistant Managers will have access to significant internal and external courses, coaching and performance management, to help develop them and rapidly build their careers.
Our four key client proposition areas are:
1) Employee experience
2) Organisational Strategy Development
3) Labour relations and compliance
4) HR operations
In this role, you will work on and help deliver projects, working closely with senior members of the team, who will provide guidance and insight into the deal environment, enabling you to build your transactions knowledge and further develop your people, OD, strategy and HR skills base.
• Providing support on a wide variety of M&A projects from small transactions to global programmes from a people, HR and communications perspective.
• Work with HR professionals to help them plan all parts of the HR function and deal lifecycle and to deliver for Day 1 and beyond.
• Contributing to and reviewing Integration and Separation related deal and transaction reports from a people or strategy perspective.
• Analysing and data mapping to comment on the people elements of the business including cost, numbers, people and legal issues such as TUPE or unions, systems and HR contracts.
• Helping to provide insights on people aspects of the deal that are relevant to the client and readers of the due diligence reports and to be able to explain issues simply, highlighting the impact of people on business strategy, operations and, ultimately, deal valuation.
• Developing an understanding of people benchmarks and qualitative information to provide insights to clients to describe a typical organisational / functional headcount, design and associated cost. Contributing content for sections of reports/deliverables.
Integration & Separation
• Helping to advise and deliver people, strategy and organisational design aspects of integration, separation (carve outs) and optimisation initiatives (e.g. synergy analysis) including the development of target operating models, understanding the current people landscape, defining transitional service agreements, developing detailed plans, and supporting the implementation.
• Helping to facilitate key client workshops and meetings, designing and building materials.
• Helping to identify and/or reviewing client organisational design and people based synergies.
• Interacting with senior client and internal stakeholders
• Responsibility for ensuring engagement management protocols are followed and kept up to date including quality and risk management.
• Provide support to a number of different aspects such as preparation of proposal materials, development of propositions, development of tools, methodologies and templates.
Experience and skills:
• Enthusiastic and excited about working in M&A and facing different challenges daily.
• A basic understanding of, or background in HR, OD or Strategy.
• Experience of working on M&A projects and understanding of consultation beneficial.
• Candidates must be team players. We pride ourselves on the way we work with and support each other.
• Candidates will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrable personal impact, flexibility, drive and commitment.
• Financial awareness.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including reporting.
• Good client relationship skills.
• Analysis and problem solving.
• Report writing.
• Ability to work well under pressure, learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations.
• Comfort with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment.
One of the exciting parts of our jobs is working with a wide variety of clients around the world on different jobs. As such you will need to be willing to travel as we work from both the Canada Square office and client sites. The length of a project can be anywhere from one week to one year, although a typical project will last a few weeks and we would aim to give you as diverse an experience as possible.
Working in the KPMG London M&A Tax Group and focus specifically on providing tax advice in connection with UK and international transactions. Transactions typically ranging in size from £10m upwards, providing tax structuring and tax due diligence services and work closely with our clients and colleagues in Deal Advisory (transaction services, corporate finance, separation and integration).
The team primarily works in the industrial and consumer market segments which includes life sciences, healthcare, technology, retail and leisure. The team, also get involved in other sectors ranging from financial services, infrastructure, and private equity.
The role involves:
Providing tax structuring, tax due diligence and restructuring advice on a wide range of transactions
Co-ordinating the advice provided by other overseas KPMG teams and other tax skillsets (e.g. Transfer pricing, Tax Value Chain, VAT, Employee taxes, stamp duty)
Working closely with colleagues in Deal Advisory
Developing relationships with the client, Deal Advisory and overseas teams
Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
Being involved in business development activity
Identify key client issues that represent opportunities for other KPMG teams to capitalise on and play active role in introductions
Play key role in people development activities (coaching / mentoring) for less experienced team members
Take a key role on design and delivery of proposals for new business opportunities
Supervising risk and billing management
We are looking for people who are keen to work in an environment that offers plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development. Whilst working with us you will broaden your project management and technical skills and your commercial acumen. You will also have the opportunity to work with many talented people within the KPMG global network, the financial community and other professional advisers. There is also some opportunity for overseas travel in light of the nature of our work. The person best suited to a role is someone who is bright, driven, confident and has good communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
Successful track record of new business origination within M&A projects through both internal and external activities
Good UK corporate tax knowledge and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas
High level analytical skills with a practical and commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative to drive projects forward
Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in an inspirational & respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
Display technical strength in our specialist markets above
Builds the reputation of KMPG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £394m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
The FS OVC team is a market-leading provider of deal advice to a wide range of Private Equity and Financial Services businesses in their transactions through the provision of buy and sell side due diligence, integration and separation, and joint venture advice. The team sits within the wider OVC team, a newly formed team within TS with a focus on proactive deal value creation. We use a combination of analytics and subject matter experience to provide insights around how a buyer or seller can get value from the target business. The team is looking to grow its capability in the Financial Services Operational due Diligence and Private Equity Value Creation space and is embarking on a significant expansion plan for FY19.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our team and be part of the exciting growth plans we have for this area of the business.
- Lead OVC projects from start to finish in a deal environment, including:
- Carve-outs and standalone costs bases
- Buy-side and sell-side cost optimisation and value creation
- Cost models and scenario analysis
- Business plan support and synergy assessments
- TSA commercials and options analysis
- Target Operating Model (‘TOM’) design
- Cost base and operational scalability assessments
- Cost reduction/synergy execution support
- Operational scaling to support business model growth strategy
- Pre IPO/disposal value creation through operations and cost optimisation
- Lead the creation of value-added insights, which tie to the client’s strategic and business growth ambitions, including identifying the underlying value drivers and challenging their investment thesis.
- Act as the day-to-day, full-time project manager to help ensure successful problem formulation, hypotheses generation, comprehensive analysis in testing hypotheses, and problem resolution.
- Ensure quality of output, co-ordinate and prepare the content for client delivery, including review with client and/or other advisors.
- Provide oversight of skilled KPMG work teams throughout the project lifecycle and serve as the primary team interface with various levels of executives and team members.
- Maintain responsibility for risk management on engagements and liaise with the client lead/KPMG partners.
- Understand the broader Advisory service capabilities and offerings, for example, Management Consulting and Restructuring, and leverage their specialist insights to ensure our clients get the best level of advice and support.
- When you are not working on a project, you will take a lead role in business development and will lead the preparation, development, and delivery of proposals.
- Support the professional development of the FS OVC team.
- Strong experience in an Advisory related discipline at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or boutique firm ideally within a deals environment. A banking in-house cost reduction or transformation programme specialist.
- Experience in at least one of the following Advisory areas: Transaction Services, Operational and Corporate Performance Improvement, Restructuring and Turnaround, Strategic Growth, or other significant strategy experience.
- Demonstrate an interest for and deep knowledge of financial services.
- Bachelor's degree qualification.
- ACA or equivalent qualification preferable.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how operating model decisions impact value.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and the ability to analyse data at deal speed to provide robust and insightful client deliverables.
- Ability to adapt and work in a high-paced, exciting deal environment.
- Desire to travel internationally.
- Fluency in a European language (not essential)