I'm looking for
Search results for "Integration & Separation"
Operations & Value Creation - Financial Services - Associate Director
Service Line: Transaction Services
Senior DevOps Engineer - Cloud Engineering
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior DevOps Engineer - Cloud Engineering
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior QA Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Information Security Engineer
Service Line: IHQ
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £394m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
The FS OVC team is a market-leading provider of deal advice to a wide range of Private Equity and Financial Services businesses in their transactions through the provision of buy and sell side due diligence, integration and separation, and joint venture advice. The team sits within the wider OVC team, a newly formed team within TS with a focus on proactive deal value creation. We use a combination of analytics and subject matter experience to provide insights around how a buyer or seller can get value from the target business. The team is looking to grow its capability in the Financial Services Operational due Diligence and Private Equity Value Creation space and is embarking on a significant expansion plan for FY19.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our team and be part of the exciting growth plans we have for this area of the business.
- Lead OVC projects from start to finish in a deal environment, including:
- Carve-outs and standalone costs bases
- Buy-side and sell-side cost optimisation and value creation
- Cost models and scenario analysis
- Business plan support and synergy assessments
- TSA commercials and options analysis
- Target Operating Model (‘TOM’) design
- Cost base and operational scalability assessments
- Cost reduction/synergy execution support
- Operational scaling to support business model growth strategy
- Pre IPO/disposal value creation through operations and cost optimisation
- Lead the creation of value-added insights, which tie to the client’s strategic and business growth ambitions, including identifying the underlying value drivers and challenging their investment thesis.
- Act as the day-to-day, full-time project manager to help ensure successful problem formulation, hypotheses generation, comprehensive analysis in testing hypotheses, and problem resolution.
- Ensure quality of output, co-ordinate and prepare the content for client delivery, including review with client and/or other advisors.
- Provide oversight of skilled KPMG work teams throughout the project lifecycle and serve as the primary team interface with various levels of executives and team members.
- Maintain responsibility for risk management on engagements and liaise with the client lead/KPMG partners.
- Understand the broader Advisory service capabilities and offerings, for example, Management Consulting and Restructuring, and leverage their specialist insights to ensure our clients get the best level of advice and support.
- When you are not working on a project, you will take a lead role in business development and will lead the preparation, development, and delivery of proposals.
- Support the professional development of the FS OVC team.
- Strong experience in an Advisory related discipline at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or boutique firm ideally within a deals environment. A banking in-house cost reduction or transformation programme specialist.
- Experience in at least one of the following Advisory areas: Transaction Services, Operational and Corporate Performance Improvement, Restructuring and Turnaround, Strategic Growth, or other significant strategy experience.
- Demonstrate an interest for and deep knowledge of financial services.
- Bachelor's degree qualification.
- ACA or equivalent qualification preferable.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how operating model decisions impact value.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and the ability to analyse data at deal speed to provide robust and insightful client deliverables.
- Ability to adapt and work in a high-paced, exciting deal environment.
- Desire to travel internationally.
- Fluency in a European language (not essential)
Joining the growing Cloud Engineering team in our Technology & Engineering Division, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for development operations, server and user administration, and code deployment for KPMG’s back end cloud applications and products. The DevOps Engineer will develop infrastructure as code and templates for new cloud-based environments, respond to DevOps and Cloud tickets, oversee deployment and configuration tools, manage cloud resources, manage users, manage access to environments, etc. The DevOps engineer will work on public clouds: AWS and Azure platforms.
• Build and Administer instances and services in the public cloud for Development, QA, and Production environments.
• Script, test and deploy new versions of environments and target infrastructures.
• Support development and QA across various projects to satisfy their day to day needs.
• Study and implement new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance.
• Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts.
• Create documentation of current and newly implemented environments with associated troubleshooting steps.
• Windows configuration, management and administration (IIS).
• Linux configuration, management and administration.
• Familiarity with Amazon cloud solutions and architectures (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, RDS, CloudWatch, SES, SQS, ). Hands-on experience highly desired.
• Familiarity with Azure Cloud Solutions and architectures (Windows VM’s, Web Apps, SQL Database, Document Store, BI stack, Virtual Network, Azure AD).
• Understanding of network protocols throughout the 3-7 OSI layers.
• Continuous integration and source control (TeamCity/Bamboo/Jenkins, Git/Stash).
• Basic software development skills/experience. Scripting experience a bonus.
• Security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI).
• A strong technical foundation in enabling agile build, release and environment management.
• Comfortable with high level architecture and hands on delivery.
• User or administrator experience with any/all of Atlassian stack (Jira, Confluence, Stash, Bamboo), Ansible, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, New Relic, TrendMicro.
• AWS certified DevOps and/or Architect.
Qualifications and Skills
• Strong and demonstrated team working experience.
• Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
• Strong educational background with a degree preferably in Computer Science or related.
Within KPMG's Technology & Engineering service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our clients infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.The Role
• Build and Run cloud infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• “Keep out of the portal”. Where possible build infrastructure with infrastructure as code platform HashiCorp Terraform
• Run sprints and help prioritise work. Assist the rest of the team with client deliverables by putting your own stamp on your tasks and deliverables
• Build on existing and create new relationships with clients becoming a trusted delivery team
• Support your community by assisting other teams by contributing to central terraform code. Share your experiences via blog posting, public
• speaking and documentation
• Find an issue? Automate it out
• Build on the DevOps culture and help bring capabilities together the ship outputs
• Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration,
• continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scriptsThe Person
• Proven experience with Linux and or Microsoft configuration
• Hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Build it run it, take ownership of your code and infrastructure
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Professional certifications beneficial but not required
• Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance.
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projectsWhat we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours
• Access to regular training opportunities and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday
The Technology & Engineering team we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Technology & Engineering we are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
You will be embedded in the Product Engineering team and work in multidisciplinary product squads, to carry out comprehensive quality assurance testing for our products.
We welcome QA engineers from all technical backgrounds who are happy to bring their experiences on board. You will have to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and being able to come up with creative solutions. You should be passionate for technology and eager to learn. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You will be expected to take an automation-first approach to the QA process and make use of some of the latest automation tools and frameworks to build pipelines which support continuous testing.
You are expected develop your technical skills within the following areas:
• Unit and integration testing
• API test automation
• Web and mobile test automation with tools such as Selenium or Katalon Studio
• Test containerisation using technologies such as Docker
• Performance testing
• Maintaining test pipelines using continuous integration tools like Jenkins / TeamCity
• Cross platform, cross browser testing using technologies such as BrowserStack
• Agile test management using tools such as Jira and Confluence
Expected role behaviours:
• Advocate QA best practices in the engineering team, with an automation-first approach
• Work in mixed capability product squads, following and advocating agile principles
• Take technical responsibility for your solutions
• Effectively negotiate requirements and timescales for your tasks
• Explain your solutions to non-technical stakeholders
• Effectively collaborate and defend and discuss your solutions with the other team members, including colleagues from other capabilities (e.g. software engineers, business analysts, UX designers)
• Identify inefficiencies and recommend solutions
• Take an active role in mentoring and supporting development of junior team members
Day to day tasks:
• Write and execute manual functional test scenarios
• Maintain and enhance test automation frameworks
• Create and execute automated functional test scenarios and raise defects
• Execute mobile automation test scripts
• Execute performance test scripts
• Contribute to accessibility test strategy and apply tooling to uncover defects
• Contribute to improving delivery by carrying out evidence-based test analysis and design
Information Security Engineer
Working hours are 09:30-17:30 Mon-Fri (on-call)
KPMG’s Global Security Operations Centre helps defend KPMG and its clients from cyber-attack, through timely detection, investigation and remediation of potential threats.
The purpose of the Information Security Engineer role is to ensure sound delivery of technical projects, systems and services for the GSOC. Information Security Engineer will be responsible for customisation, maintenance and support of various security monitoring platforms, integration with Business Intelligence and Enterprise Reporting systems and provide a mixture of project delivery, system integration, maintenance and support around the Wintel environment, SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, Azure, O365 and more. Information Security Engineer will be part of a team working in a fast paced environment driving performance, reliability and supporting the GSOC tools (SIEM, BI, IPAM and more) and infrastructure hosted on Physical and Cloud platforms delivering SOC services.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
• Responsible for installation, management, maintenance and support of GSOC tools hosted on Windows/Linux platform in DataCentre, Azure and O365.
• Co-ordinate with various vendors, other KPMG teams and business stakeholders on work related to design and setup activities at different stages of a technical project.
• Compile and maintain the necessary documentation of all system designs, builds and modifications.
• Responsible for coordination and delivery of user training and training material.
• Monitor systems, identify/resolve issues, prepare status reviews and reports.
• Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timely manner.
• Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
• Deliver an excellent customer service
• Ensure leadership are aware of all issues
• Provide on-call support 24x7 on an as needed basis
• Identify, liaise and manage any escalated faults with 3rd party suppliers for major incidents, network improvements or correction of recurring problems
• Ensure work is completed in such a way that complies with established compliance and other internal control requirements
• Exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Technical background managing and supporting endpoints and network infrastructure
• Experience with industry recognized SIEM solutions such as RSA, Qradar, ArcSight, Splunk, LogRhythm, AlienVault, etc. preferable
• Knowledge of Windows Server (2012, R2 and above), SQL, Microsoft Active Directory
• Knowledge of PowerShell, Python and other scripting languages
• Knowledge of MS Azure & O365 Solutions preferable
• Knowledge of Linux OS
• Experience with configuring and using automated monitoring tools
• Experience integrating on premise and cloud solutions (Hybrid Azure Infrastructure) preferable
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Experience working with vendors and various solution providers
• Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures.