I'm looking for
Search results for "KPMG International"
Senior Legal Adviser, Office of the General Counsel KPMG International
Service Line: IHQ
International Social Security Manager
Service Line: People Services
International Tax Manager
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Senior Manager - Employment Solutions (International Pensions)
Service Line: People Services
Service Line: Finance
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a small legal team of excellent calibre in a global organisation. We expect this opportunity will allow you to broaden your range of legal skills and experience.
KPMG International is the entity with which all member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated. KPMG member firms provide audit, tax and advisory services to clients and are based in 155 countries.
The International Office of the General Counsel is a small team based in three countries. The team provides legal advice on key strategic issues for, and supports the execution of key business decisions made by, KPMG International. It also supports KPMG International and the KPMG global network in dealing with legal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks.
The role will involve working, under the ultimate supervision of the General Counsel or other senior experienced lawyers in the team, on a wide variety of matters involving cross-border legal risk and regulation, internal investigations, governance, structural matters, investments, business relationships (in particular, with the KPMG member firms) and protection and use of the organisation’s brand.
Some international travel may be required.
Experience and background
We are looking for a qualified lawyer with approximately 5 years PQE (or equivalent, if not qualified in the UK), although all candidates with demonstrable ability to fulfil the role will be considered.
A successful candidate is likely to have or be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent legal technical skills
• Experience of working as part of a legal team in relation to complex cross-border commercial matters. This experience may have been gained at a top law firm or in an equivalent in-house position.
• Legal experience which has mostly been gained advising on business transactions and issues (whether non-contentious or contentious).
• An understanding of business drivers affecting, and legal, regulatory and business risks faced by, large global organizations.
• Awareness of own strengths and areas for development.
• Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a small, supportive team while taking responsibility for their own work.
• Ability to provide clear and pragmatic advice to, and deal confidently with, individuals at all levels.
• Ability to deal with people from different cultures in an appropriate way.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
We are looking for an International Social Security Manager to work in the People Services team working on a mixed portfolio of clients.
Role and Responsibilities
· Manage the day to day International Social Security work on range of clients and lead the junior team on these clients
· Build, maintain and lead strong relationships with the clients and client service teams
· Take ownership for UK finances on those clients
· Working closely with the Central Co-ordination, Global Mobility and Employment tax teams to ensure proactive service delivery
· Ensure clients are provided with up to date information on International Social Security developments
· Project management of advisory projects
· Responsibility for overseeing the delivery of Modified NIC Settlement Return services, working in conjunction with our Centre of Excellence
· Carry out social security briefings for senior assignees
· Get involved in business development/proposals
· Manage and coach staff
· Build and deliver training for Global Mobility teams and for clients
· Work closely with the Global Mobility technology team to enhance existing tools and to create new tools for service delivery
· Build links with the Employment Tax, Pensions and Legal team to generate opportunities to work together.
Qualifications and Skills
· ACA/ATT/CTA qualified or equivalent preferred
Experience and Background
· Previous experience working in International Social Security
· Energetic, committed, and ambitious
· High level personal responsibility and accountability for team work
· Ability to identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and integrate information
· Communicates with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
· Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
· Motivated by a passion for the international aspects of our work, professional proficiency, and a desire to serve and lead excellent UK team
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
· Capable of working to deadlines, showing resilience under pressure and an ability to apply knowledge to non-routine situations
· Demonstrates sound professional judgement including the ability to identify issues/concerns and consult where appropriate with more senior staff.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG’s International Tax team is a well-established group of around 40 dedicated international tax specialists who help UK and international headed groups address all their international structuring and planning needs. We help clients to determine the best approach to their global tax strategy and structure, provide advice on how to expand into new markets (including into the UK), how to structure their financing and the appropriate location for assets and activity, reorganisations and cross border structuring, rationalisation and divestment.
We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our International Tax team in our busy London Sectors Corporate Tax department. We anticipate that the individual would undertake international tax and treasury work and support the team by running a portfolio of clients (with Senior Manager support where needed).
This role involves working on a range of projects and clients within Sectors. The work includes:
- Advising UK and international groups on a range of cross border tax issues, group structuring, tax efficient financing, inbound and outbound investment, etc.
- Recommending strategies for managing clients’ effective tax rate using efficient intellectual property, financing and other strategies
- Project managing cross border teams and UK client service teams on an ongoing basis on advisory (and sometimes on M&A) projects. This involves liaising with specialists, overseas member firms and external advisers to deliver successful projects and expertise to those clients.
- Being the principal contact on day to day tax matters on allocated clients. Responding to requests from clients for other KPMG services. Understanding the client’s business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services.
- Assisting on tax aspects of audits, in particular where those audits involve international/ restructuring issues.
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff.
- Assisting with business development work
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- CTA, CA, ACA, ACCA or equivalently qualified
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally) and be a team worker.
- Sound judgement, including the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to multi-task
- High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
- Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically
- International Tax experience will be essential for this role
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Employment Solutions/International Pensions - Senior Manager
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing corporate clients and their employees advice and assistance in respect of their international pension arrangements. This will involve dealing with the UK and international tax aspects of these arrangements.
- Managing work in relation to a wide variety of tax advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to ad hoc advisory projects.
- Taking responsibility for a suite of business development and marketing activities, both internally and externally
- Taking responsibility for producing relevant thought leadership
- Identifying and winning new work opportunities
- Taking responsibility for managing and delivering work to a high standard and meeting tight deadlines
- Leading teams of people including coaching and developing staff
- Leading negotiations and other interactions with external bodies such as HMRC
- Owning and proactively dealing with engagement management aspects of project delivery including work in progress, billing and risk procedures and with consideration for the financial and commercial implications when making difficult decisions
- Reviewing work and coaching and developing team members
- CTA, ACA, CPA or CA qualified
Experience and skills
- Negotiates effectively by emphasising potential benefits of a suggested approach
- Provides compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Provides persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner.
- Applies sound judgment when faced with challenging decisions
- Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity in the face of setbacks
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Continuously learns from experiences; seeks out feedback and development opportunities
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback; coaches less experienced colleagues
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Thorough understanding of practical employment tax issues including payroll, social security and accounting for employment tax including familiarity with the employment tax requirements for internationally mobile employees.
Job Title: VAT Assistant
Job Type: 12 month - FTC
Reporting to: Senior VAT Manager
KPMG’s Partnership Tax Team forms part of the UK firm’s in-house finance function, which is part of KPMG Business Services. The team is responsible for all aspects of the UK firm’s internal tax affairs, covering corporate tax, overseas tax, VAT, employment tax and the personal tax affairs of the partners.
The key responsibility of this role is supporting the VAT team in the preparation of month end VAT reporting, the reconciliation of VAT and expense general ledger codes and support in the provision of VAT guidance to internal stakeholders of KPMG.
VAT month end reporting
• Running monthly SAP reports and preparing files for review, ensuring all necessary supporting schedules have been obtained and validated
• Reviewing tax coding for specific tax codes on fee notes and sundry invoices
• Completing the monthly reconciliation of VAT GL account codes
• Contacting and following up with users who have posted entries with incorrect tax codes
• Reviewing multiple expense general ledger codes to identify business entertainment
• Carrying out sample VAT reviews of employee expenses claims submitted via the employee expenses system
VAT and ECSL returns
• Assisting the members of the VAT team to prepare the quarterly returns for review
• Ensure all VAT adjustments that are not posted but supplied within the VAT return periods are verified, accounted for and posted to the respective VAT GL codes
• Following the submission of the returns ensure all VAT ledgers are cleared in a timely manner and reflect the correct payment allocations by entity and VAT GL code
• Monitor the payments on acocunt schedule and ensure balances are settled in advance of the due dates
• Use the VIES tool to validate EU VAT numbers and where applicable, liase with client service teams to update invalid VAT numbers
• Prepare the ECSL return and schedule for bulk upload onto the HMRC portal
Internal VAT helpline
• Contact client service teams for supporting information when requesting billing code amendments
• Carrying out sample checks of fee notes issued by KPMG to ensure billing code amendments approved by the VAT team agree
• Assisting other members of the Partnership tax team in carrying out:
• Periodic reviews of GL ledger codes for employment and corporation tax reporting
• The analysis of travel data for overseas tax reporting
• Maintaining an up to date schedule of reporting, payment and filing dates for all domestic and international tax returns
• Handling any other ad hoc reviews and projects undertaken by the Partnership tax team
Experience and background
• Comfortable around the use of systems (SAP beneficial) and the ability to analyse large volumes of data accurately
• Highly numerate and comfortable in communicating both verbally and orally to internal stakeholders
• The ability to work well within the tax team and wider finance function
• Experience in VAT (essential) with an understanding of what is involved in the VAT return process including the basic rules regarding the deductibility of VAT