I'm looking for
Search results for "KPMG International"
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Technical Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Trade & Customs Assistant
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Tax Insurance Director
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
ACE - Senior Manager, DPP Accounting & Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager, Technical Accounting Advisory Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
We are looking for an experienced Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) Technical Architect to be accountable for the technical design of D365FO solutions and the supporting infrastructure. You will work closely with both the functional team and the clients of KPMG. Your day-to-day function will require you to work closely with Consultants in designing solutions tailored to the customers’ requirements, which are often large-scale enterprise D365FO projects. This will require you to take a hands-on approach in designing and leading the technical implementation of Dynamics products, working with both onshore and offshore development teams. You will need to demonstrate an effective balance between management skills and a broad range of technical skills.
The D365FO Technical Architect is a key role to KPMG. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG.
— The D365FO Technical Architect will lead the technical delivery of D365FO;
— Be a champion for technical solutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of Dynamics D365FO development practices, and a good knowledge of other development techniques;
— Provide capability to develop sector specific templates to enhance the out of the box D365FO functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset;
— Deliver high quality development services to clients;
— Work closely with the architecture team to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providing development only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration - Creating high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation;
— Deliver training needs within the team and coach junior staff members;
— Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan;
— Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
— Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary;
— Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
— Participate in pre-sales activities as requested;
— Support practice development activities such as defining and configuring industry specific templates;
— Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Directors;
— In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
— Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills:
— Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
— Excellent presentation and consultancy skills;
— Ideally a minimum of 4-years hands-on experience with Dynamics AX 2012 and 2009, including appropriate certification;
— Experience with or exposure to Dynamics 365FO will be considered a strong positive;
— Experience of using PowerApps, Logic Apps, Common Data Service and other Azure Services;
— Knowledge of Lifecycle Services and Visual Studio Team Services;
— Experience in other technologies such as SQL, PowerBI, SharePoint along with a good knowledge of .Net;
— Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation;
— Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration;
— Knowledge in gathering technical requirements;
— Knowledge of Agile and other Sure Step methodologies;
— Good understanding of functional capabilities of D365FO – including certification in one of the following:
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trade & Logistics
— Experience in responding to RFPs and RFQs would be beneficial;
— Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams;
— Graduate degree from a University;
Experience and Background
— Expertise in providing development solutions in a D365FO environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant;
— Experience with D365FO in a Development Consulting role;
— Experience of at least two large scale ERP implementations;
— Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort;
— Pre-sales experience;
— Excellent presentation and demonstration skills;
— Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge;
— Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff.
- Experience defining and implementing Integration Design Patterns
- Experience defining and implementing a Data Migration Strategy
- Experience working with and deploying code packages and environment update releases
- Experience defining and implementing a BI Reporting Strategy
The role is based in Canary Wharf in London. The Salary to be paid is competitive.
Trade & Customs
KPMG has a large team of Trade & Customs specialists established in London, Midlands and Scotland in order to work with our clients across the whole of the UK and beyond. Within the team we have deep specialists in areas such as valuation, classification, origin and suspension /reliefs. We work closely with our colleagues both in Indirect Tax, other areas of Tax such as Transfer Pricing, and the wider Advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients; we offer a wide range of services including pure advisory, reviews and preparation of reclaims.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be a key member of our team:
· Providing high quality advisory services to a wide range of clients;
· Assisting generally with Trade & Customs opportunities;
· Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients;
· Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives;
· Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients;
· Working closely with a team who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential;
· Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
Experience and Skills:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
- Has 1-2 years experience in customs and international trade;
· Is driven and committed;
· Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
· Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude;
· Seeks out feedback and development opportunities;
· Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients;
· Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
· Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
· Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients.
Significant geo-political change, combined with ongoing tax, regulatory and accounting reform, internationally and in the UK, mean tax is a priority issue for groups operating in the banking sector. Brexit and tax reform could lead to the need for significant international restructuring, whilst the OECD BEPS project has led to numerous legislative changes and increased reporting requirements, all of which need to be addressed. To further develop our capability to respond to this market opportunity, the banking practice at KPMG needs an additional director to help build the business and develop the team.
You will be the engagement lead on tax engagements for our UK and International Insurance client base, and this will involve but is not limited to:
• Leading, developing and maintaining top tier Insurance client relationships alongside other functions;
• Driving business development and taking a lead on marketing initiatives;
• Leading on design and delivery of proposals for new business opportunities;
• Enhancing KPMG’s profile in the market by supporting KPMG's wider global network;
• Leading large, multi-disciplinary projects across multiple jurisdictions; and
• Providing detailed technical advice covering a range of UK and international tax issues.
As an engagement leader, you are technically proficient but also comfortable in dealing with a wide range of people. Your experience and skills will show that you will:
• Promote the Tax practice within KPMG in order to encourage collaboration and increase internal leads;
• Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, knowledge and experience;
• Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery;
• Display technical strength in our specialist market;
• Play a key role in people development activities (coaching/ mentoring) for less experienced team members and play a key role in attracting and retaining talent to build the team as the business grows;
• Sustain a high level of drive, show enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team;
• Display an inclusive, collaborative approach and operate in an inspirational and respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community;
• Demonstrate insight and effectively apply knowledge to business and client problems; and
• Communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
• Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
• Broad and deep Tax knowledge; and
• Successful track record of hinew business origination through both internal and external activities.
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
KPMG is looking for a new Senior Manager for their Technical Accounting Department. The Department of Professional Practice (DPP) Accounting & Reporting team is part of our wider Audit National group and advises our audit teams on the most difficult technical accounting and reporting issues, driving the quality of what we do as a firm. They advise on issues relating to companies that KPMG either audits or advises, across the country and across sectors, and they have a high degree of direct contact with partners and directors. Our teams provide:
- Solutions for accounting and reporting issues to our audit teams
- Online guidance on the above matters for all staff in the business
- Training for all staff in the business
- Training support for our graduate trainees
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager to join our DPP team on a full-time basis in our London office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide variety of accounting and reporting queries from KPMG audit teams across all markets and across the UK on the application of financial reporting requirements – both IFRS and UK GAAP – as well as regularly on UK company law
- Undertake reviews of the accounts of our listed clients prior to issuance
- Develop training and internal guidance for UK staff on financial reporting matters
- Maintain knowledge management in the team, including management a team responsible for key accounting standards (e.g.: IFRS 15)
- Deliver training sessions and develop publications
- Manage and mentor team members
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- ACA qualification or international equivalent
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and practical experience of IFRS and International Auditing Standards (UK & Ireland), including IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
- Recent, extensive technical accounting experience gained through working in a technical department of a “Big 4” accounting firm
- Strong ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse facts, consult internally and arrive at solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to make complex matters understandable to staff in other departments.
- Solid project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality programmes, projects or assignment outputs
- Strong resilience and ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills
- Practical experience with UK GAAP and UK Company Law
- Substantial performance management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example
Opening date: 03/06/2020
Closing date: 30/06/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification)
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9)
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management