I'm looking for
Search results for "Managed Services"
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Financial Services Audit - Edinburgh/Glasgow
Service Line: Audit
Financial Services Audit Manager (Cardiff/Bristol)
Service Line: Audit
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Solution Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Dynamics 365 for FO Senior Technical Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We are currently looking for a qualified accountants at Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Edinburgh.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Keeping Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in Scotland.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent)
• Significant audit experience in Financial Services sector
• Sound and practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• You will possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
• Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients.
Our Financial Services department in the South West Region delivers a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients. These clients include banks, building societies and insurance, leasing & investment management companies. The Department is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square on a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
You will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
• To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working on your engagements
• Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
• Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
• Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
• Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
• Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
• Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensions sector
• Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
• Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
• Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
• Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
• Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
• Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
• Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
• Significant audit experience for pension schemes
— The Solution Architect will lead the delivery of our Finance Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution
— Be a champion for both technical and functional leading practice with the Finance Solution.
— Have an exceptional understanding of Dynamics 365 technical and functional capabilities
— Collaborate with the Global team to enhance the out of the box Dynamics 365 functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset
— Be responsible for ensuring our pre-sales engagements are delivered with the same rigour and attention to detail as our client engagements
— Define training needs within the team and coach other team members
— Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan.
— Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour.
— Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary.
— Ensure progress updates are communicated to relevant parties both formally and informally.
— Identify practice development activities and help in defining how these will be delivered
— Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by Directors.
— In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training.
— Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
— Deep and broad knowledge of technical capabilities of Dynamics 365, including appropriate certification. Must be able to show good knowledge of practices for Dynamics 365.
— In particular deep knowledge of all core Finance concepts and processes including, Enterprise Structures, GL, AP, AR and reporting.
— Good understanding of Azure and cloud technologies, ..
— Broad understanding of software development lifecycle,
— In addition understanding of one of the following is beneficial:
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trade & Logistics
— Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams
— Experience of Agile Methodology
— Certification in TOGAF or Zachman Framework would be beneficial
— Degree Qualification
Experience and Background
— Expertise in providing both out of the box and development solutions in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant
— Ability to lead engagements and present to the C-Suite stakeholders.
— Experience with Dynamics 365 in a Solution Architect role
— Experience of large scale ERP implementations
— Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort and simplifying delivery
— Pre-sales experience
— Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
— Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge
The role is based in Canary Wharf in London. The Salary to be paid is competitive.
The D365FO SeniorTechnical Architect is a key role to KPMG Microsoft Business Solution. It is adynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business areawithin an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG MicrosoftBusiness Solution.
Roles and Responsibilities
D365FO Senior Technical Architect will lead the technical delivery of
Be a champion for technicalsolutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of Dynamics
D365FO development practices, and a good knowledge of otherdevelopment techniques;
Provide capability to developsector specific templates to enhance the out of the box
D365FO functionality, giving KPMG Microsoft Business Solutiona unique selling point and also a resalable asset;
Deliver high quality developmentservices to clients;
Work closely with the architectureteam to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providingdevelopment only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration -Creating high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation;
Deliver training needs within theteam and coach junior staff members;
Deliver all consultancy accordingto the KPMG Microsoft Business Solution Project Methodology, ensuring that allsoftware applications are implemented successfully according to the projectplan;
Meet and exceed customerexpectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
Identify business/project risk andmitigate or communicate as necessary;
Communicate progress updates torelevant parties both formally and informally;
Participate in pre-salesactivities as requested;
Support practice developmentactivates such as defining and configuring industry specific templates;
Carry out additional duties as mayoccur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Directors;
In all activities, ensure timelycompletion of internal processes and mandatory training;
Represent KPMG Microsoft BusinessSolution in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Excellent presentation and consultancy skills;
A minimum of 4-years hands-on experience withDynamics AX 2012 and 2009, including appropriate certification;
Experience with or exposure to Dynamics 365 will beconsidered a strong positive;
Experience of using PowerApps, LogicsApps, CommonData Service and other Azure Services.
Knowledge of Lifecycle Services and Visual StudioTeam Services
Experience in other technologies such as SQL,PowerBI, SharePoint along with a good knowledge .Net;
Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation;
Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration;
Knowledge in gathering technical requirements;
Knowledge of Agile and other Sure Stepmethodologies;
Good understanding of functional capabilities ofD365FO – including certification in one of the following:
Project Management and Accounting
Procurement & Sourcing
Trade & Logistics
Experience in responding to RFPs and RFQs would bebeneficial.
Knowledge of best practices for working withoffshore teams;
Graduate from a top University;
A relevant degree within a computationaldiscipline.
Experience and Background
Expertise in providing development solutions in aD365O environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant;
Experience with D365O in a Development Consultingrole;
Experience of at least two large scale ERPimplementations;
Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focuson reducing development effort;
Excellent presentation and demonstration skills;
Business process mapping, modelling anddocumentation knowledge;
Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff