I'm looking for
Search results for "Managed Services"
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager – Financial Services
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Accounting Advisory Services Assistant Manager
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Accounting and Advisory Services
Service Line: Audit
Operations & Value Creation - Financial Services - Manager
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager - Transaction Services - Nottingham
Service Line: Transaction Services
Financial Services Tax:
This dynamic and market leading team provides corporate tax services to Financial Services clients (Banking and Insurance) ranging from UK branches of overseas financial institutions, smaller owner managed businesses through to major listed international groups. We advise companies across the whole of the financial services industry including banks, securities dealers, general and life insurers, Lloyds insurers, insurance brokers, funds and fund managers.
The department often works as one Financial Services team and focuses on the provision of high quality commercial advice to our clients. Our approach has as its foundation a thorough understanding of our client's business strategy as well as the industry in which they operate. This enables us to work in partnership with them and to provide tailored and robust tax solutions to support their corporate goals. The work focuses on corporate tax advisory and M&A services, and includes building long-lasting client relationships and coordination of all tax services to clients. Opportunities are available either focusing on one area (Banking / Insurance or M&A) or working across the wide variety of clients to obtain broad financial services experience.
Location - London, Bristol or Edinburgh
Roles and Responsibilities
•Carrying out a variety of corporate tax advisory work, including some international and M&A work, and supporting compliance and audit teams where tax issues are more complex
•Efficient, effective and timely delivery of client work, usually in small teams
• Development and maintenance of good client relationships, including ongoing identification of leads for new work, and liaison with other members of the client service team outside tax
•Identification of work opportunities through an internal network of contacts
•Development of more junior staff in the team, through on-the job coaching
•Liaising with other colleagues in tax and elsewhere in the firm to provide a complete service to clients
•Working with senior team members on identifying and following through future work opportunities and cross-selling to other disciplines.
Qualifications and Skills
•CTA and/or ACA/CA or equivalent qualified
•A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
•Strong analytical skills
•History of developing strong external and internal client relationships
•Project coordination/management skills
•The flexibility to adapt to the ever changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes.
•Strong UK Tax knowledge in any of the areas mentioned above and awareness of other tax and accounting areas.
•Tax accounting experience is preferable.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Work as a key member of the growing North Accounting Advisory Services team in one of our northern offices (Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds or Liverpool). The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas.
Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depth and breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Providing accounting support to transaction and tax teams answering questions on technical issues and providing input for reports.
- Drafting client reports and deliverables relating to technical accounting issues.
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent).
- Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Group re-organisation and Companies Law knowledge is preferred.
- Experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular with IFRSs 9, 15 and 16.
- Proven ability to build strong client and colleague relationships.
- Enquiring mind, willingness to learn and try new things.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Ability to identify when complex areas need escalating or further consultation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to manage own workload.
We are looking for someone to become a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team based in Leeds
The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Providing accounting support to transaction and tax teams answering questions on technical issues and providing input for reports
- Drafting and review of client reports and deliverables relating to technical accounting issues
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- People management and performance development
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
- Supporting with business development activities of the wider AAS North team
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
- Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS and UK GAAP
- Group-reorganisation and Companies Law knowledge is preferred
- Strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Proven ability to build strong client and colleague relationships
- Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Experience of managing teams and project management
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
- Ability to manage own workload
Opening date: 06/01/2020
Closing date: 02/02/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £394m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
The FS OVC team is a market-leading provider of deal advice to a wide range of Private Equity and Financial Services businesses in their transactions through the provision of buy and sell side due diligence, integration and separation, and joint venture advice. The team sits within the wider OVC team, a newly formed team within TS with a focus on proactive deal value creation. We use a combination of analytics and subject matter experience to provide insights around how a buyer or seller can get value from the target business. The team is looking to grow its capability in the Financial Services Operational due Diligence and Private Equity Value Creation space and is embarking on a significant expansion plan for FY19.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our team and be part of the exciting growth plans we have for this area of the business.
- Lead OVC projects from start to finish in a deal environment, including:
- Carve-outs and standalone costs bases
- Buy-side and sell-side cost optimisation and value creation
- Cost models and scenario analysis
-�Business plan support and synergy assessments
- TSA commercials and options analysis
- Target Operating Model (‘TOM’) design
- Cost base and operational scalability assessments
- Cost reduction/synergy execution support
- Operational scaling to support business model growth strategy
- Pre IPO/disposal value creation through operations and cost optimisation
- Lead the creation of value-added insights, which tie to the client’s strategic and business growth ambitions, including identifying the underlying value drivers and challenging their investment thesis.
- Act as the day-to-day, full-time project manager to help ensure successful problem formulation, hypotheses generation, comprehensive analysis in testing hypotheses, and problem resolution.
- Ensure quality of output, co-ordinate and prepare the content for client delivery, including review with client and/or other advisors.
- Provide oversight of skilled KPMG work teams throughout the project lifecycle and serve as the primary team interface with various levels of executives and team members.
- Maintain responsibility for risk management on engagements and liaise with the client lead/KPMG partners.
- Understand the broader Advisory service capabilities and offerings, for example, Management Consulting and Restructuring, and leverage their specialist insights to ensure our clients get the best level of advice and support.
- When you are not working on a project, you will take a lead role in business development and will lead the preparation, development, and delivery of proposals.
- Support the professional development of the FS OVC team.
- Strong experience in an Advisory related discipline at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or boutique firm ideally within a deals environment. A banking in-house cost reduction or transformation programme specialist.
- Experience in at least one of the following Advisory areas: Transaction Services, Operational and Corporate Performance Improvement, Restructuring and Turnaround, Strategic Growth, or other significant strategy experience.
- Demonstrate an interest for and deep knowledge of financial services.
- Bachelor's degree qualification.
- ACA or equivalent qualification preferable.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how operating model decisions impact value.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and the ability to analyse data at deal speed to provide robust and insightful client deliverables.
- Ability to adapt and work in a high-paced, exciting deal environment.
- Desire to travel internationally.
- Fluency in a European language (not essential)
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 500 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
We have an immediate need for a Manager within our Midlands team based in Birmingham, to support the growth of our regions TS business. The nature of our regions business means that staff work on a wide range of deal types and sectors. Our people are also expected to be flexible and to work across the regional practice from time to time according to the needs of the business.
Delivering the highest quality work across Coaching/technical team training and Performance Management, Engagement Delivery and Risk management.
Project management of the financial due diligence and reporting accountant assignments, being the main day to day point of contact for the client including:
— Reviewing the output of junior team members, ensuring consistency and quality.
— Managing upwards, for example by setting timetables for timely review of deliverables.
— Coordinating specialist teams, including undertaking a review of specialist sections.
— Planning and rescheduling priorities and timescales in light of changing requirements.
— Taking overall responsibility for cost management, reporting, monitoring of recovery rates against budget and invoicing.
— Using the Value in Deals framework to identify the key value drivers of the target business and be able to devise an approach which will assess the target business against these drivers.
— Identifying the deal implications of due diligence findings and derive recommendations for clients, clearly identifying the ‘so what’ aspect of findings.
— Delivering large sections / full work streams from end-to-end.
— Think about the value creation and opportunities for KPMG to increase the breadth of services offered to clients.
— Producing robust financial analysis (or review if performed by the team) and ensure it stands up to challenge.
— Providing advice and insight directly to clients and demonstrating technical expertise.
— Developing propositions, focussing on specific themes/sectors and/or clients
— Building a broad internal network and know who to approach for subject matter expertise and service line specific issues.
Individuals will be required to build and sustain relationships with client management team for the benefit of the firm and acting as an ambassador and role model for the firm.
- Identify team member development needs of less experienced colleagues on projects, with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer.
- Act as a performance manager for up to 4 junior team members and accelerate development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks
- Act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm.
Qualifications and Skills
— Specific and significant experience of financial due diligence is essential for this role.
— Demonstrable experience within Transaction Services working on Financial Due Diligence engagements for a variety of clients, engagement sizes and sectors.
— Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
— Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients: the client base in the South is particularly diverse, including Enterprise, corporate and PE clients of different sizes, and as a result there is a particular requirement that project leaders at this level are able to interact effectively with the most senior levels of client management
— The ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams
— Sector experience of Industrial Markets clients is highly desirable
Expertise / Technical role requirements
— Strong academic background with a financial qualification such as ACA or equivalent experience
— IT skills – strong excel, powerpoint and word skills
— Strong personal impact and self-awareness
— Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills