I'm looking for
Search results for "Market Development"
Associate Director - Mobility - 12 Month FTC - IAG
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Coupa Procurement Senior Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Manager - Non Life Actuarial
Service Line: FRM
GI Actuarial Assistant Manager- London/Manchester
Service Line: FRM
Data Analytics Director
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Associate Director - Head of Technology Enabled Procurement
Service Line: Financial Management
KPMG's Infrastructure and Government (I&G) strategy team wants the right candidate for their London-based team. The team needs professional, talented individuals who have a passion for identifying, creating and delivering innovative solutions for public and private sector clients.
The I&G Strategic Advisory Services (SAS) team works with government and industry on the biggest, most complex and pressing strategic, policy and programme implementation issues.
We are looking for someone with experience in the Future Mobility sector to focus on this growing area of our work. We define Future Mobility as the de-carbonisation, digitalisation, and personalisation of transport through electric and alternate drivetrains, connected and autonomous vehicles, and Mobility-as-a-Service. The resultant ‘perfect storm’ is impacting automotive, supply chain, energy, technology, infrastructure, funds, transport operators, regional authorities and Government. Things are changing faster than expected driven by rapid developments in technology, regulation, competition and consumer behaviour. Over the next 5 to 12 years the organisations that we work with will require significant advisory support: multi £m transformations,multi £m deals, customer and industry 4.0 advice, strategic roadmap development and portfolio delivery. KPMG is establishing itself at the forefront of this change, creating new relationships and unlocking significant benefits for transport systems and society. Depending on the flow of work within the team you may also be required to work in other I&G sectors.
As part of a fast paced and dynamic group, practitioners will have the opportunity to advise on strategic options, business cases and operating models to public sector, agency and corporate clients.
Typically the advice we provide can be categorised as:
– Regulatory and Policy Strategy & Design (including Trend analysis and “Futures” scenario development, Futures Impact Assessments, and Policy development)
– Business & Digital Strategy and Service Design (including. Corporate & Business strategy development, Market analysis, Product capability assessment and development roadmaps)
– Portfolio Investment Strategy & Management (including Project appraisal, Business case development (all levels inc. Green Book), Funding strategies (commercialisation / partnerships (inc. PPP’s))
– Commercial Strategy and Complex Delivery Vehicle Design (including Market development & evaluation, Commercial strategies and scheme design (inc. SPVs), Commercial scheme development (inc. complex bi- and multi-lateral negotiations))
– Innovation Strategy & Delivery (including. Innovation Strategy development
– Proof of Concept, Pilot & MVP development, Scaling strategy and implementation planning); and,
– Operating Model development and Delivery roadmap design
It is an exciting time to join our team as we are growing rapidly and working on some fascinating public issues – including: the rise of autonomous vehicles, growing regional trade, and the future of the probation service. The team blends this with support to the largest infrastructure operators and infrastructure programmes in the UK.
To be an effective Associate Director within the team, applicants will be expected to:
– Lead the design of standard / complex engagements
– Present and refine business models and data analysis solutions through discussions with management
– Lead complex storyboarding and shape the issue identification and overall problem solving approach to develop recommendations
– Finalise the preparation of client deliverables and identify the critical areas for debate
– Maintain a balanced pipeline of engagements and business development opportunities which align with the team business plan
– Actively develop their own knowledge and expertise in chosen proposition(s) and sector of choice
– Proactively develop thought leadership related to the future of mobility
– Identify on-sell / cross-sell opportunities
– Be comfortable handling ambiguity and changing client demands
– Complete and take responsibility for KPMG’s ‘Engagement Management’ procedures on all engagements
– Build and maintain a strong internal and external network
– Demonstrate high levels of drive, ambition, and able to lead work at high levels of intensity
– Be comfortable having a visible market presence, attending conferences to represent KPMG, network, identify leads, and further KPMG’s reputation in the industry
– Contribute to service line development for Future Mobility Services delivered by SAS
– Participate in team governance activities
– Contribute to the personal development of team members
Most project work is undertaken in engagement specific, multidisciplinary teams drawn from across KPMG. As such, appreciating and managing management responsibilities and reporting lines, which change over time, is critical.
An Associate Director would be expected to:
– Have responsibility for managing a number of (potentially concurrent) engagement specific teams (of varying size)
– Be an active participant in the SAS team, and identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
– Inspire, motivate, coach and develop project team members and appraisees, and give constructive upwards feedback
An Associate Director would be expected to:
– Build deep client relationships and be seen as the ‘go to’ person and a trusted adviser by C-level executives.
– Undertake scoping and fee negotiation on standard engagements
– Proactively manage upwards communication with the Partner and Director group
– Take on roles, projects and practice development opportunities for the SAS team or the wider Infrastructure Advisory Group
— Considerable experience of leading complex strategy projects, in relevant sectors, with multi-disciplinary teams in a consulting or corporate environment (a strategy house, big 4 firm or central strategy / corporate development team of a large company)
— Track record of working closely with Government/Infrastructure clients to deliver high impact recommendations and having a detailed understanding of the value drivers within the relevant sectors
— Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior public and private sector stakeholders
— Examples illustrating their collaborative and transparent team approach, readily sharing knowledge with the team, working through silos and respectful of others’ views and opinions
— Current UK security clearance to SC or above
Expertise and Skills
— Excellent English written and oral communication skills
— Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
— Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
— Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
— Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
— Able to adapt quickly in changing circumstances, be an active learner and build innovative solutions
— Structured thinking skills combined with creativity
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise. KPMG are growing their S&D - Powered Apps team to meet an ever increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
Our Supply Chain Operations team of approximately 90 consultants are seeking experienced consultants and industry professionals to grow and develop our capability. Our brand and reputation mean that we work on high profile projects, using our experience to create innovative solutions to our clients’ commercial problems.
Within the Private Sector we work with many blue chip companies, including a number of FTSE 100 Clients and many regional based Clients, delivering improvements in their Supply Chain capability and how it aligns to the wider business, which is integral to their overall profitability.
Within the Public Sector we work with clients across Government, Defence, Police, NHS and Higher Education. We help them to meet challenging Government targets to deliver frontline services more effectively.
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record of delivering procurement technology projects in the context of a broader procurement transformation. These individuals should have experience with one or more of the major providers; Coupa, Ivalua, Ariba, Basware or Oracle Fusion.
• Project management, with a proven ability to work as Engagement Manager on sold projects
• Solution development, showing a clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Operations Transformation and Best Practice.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
• Mentor and coach other members of the team.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Project management and delivery.
• People management
• Leadership and relationship building.
• Sales experience.
• Communication (written and oral).
• Drive and resilience.
• Facilitation and conflict resolution.
• Commercial acumen.
• Competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis.
• Experience of working on multiple, large, complex, transformational technology projects.
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions.
• Significant procurement experience with a strong understanding of procurement and supply chain processes.
• The ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market.
To manage and develop external client relationships though direct business development activity and internal people/resource management. This will be achieved through:
• Leading client engagement teams and in some instances working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG
• Reserving for clients in the Lloyd’s / London Market, including for Lloyd’s Statements of Actuarial Opinion and Solvency II Technical Provisions
• Winning new business through marketing and sales activities
• Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences
• Contributing to the development of new products and services
• Sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to the development of the team
• Marketing and raising the profile of KPMG
• A willingness to undertake travel will be required on occasion
• Multiple IFRS 17 impact assessments which have also led to IFRS17 implementation projects.
• Statements of Actuarial opinion
• Pricing assurance projects
• Providing assistance to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions
• Helping Companies with their capital models and advising on capital planning
• Provision of actuarial expertise to support our Audit colleagues
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate is expected to be a qualified actuary.
• The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions.
• Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard that are ready for final review, with a complete and comprehensive audit trail.
• Lloyd’s / London Market reserving or pricing experience
• Knowledge of the workings of the Lloyd’s market will be advantageous
• The ability to develop productive relationships that bring in business
• Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
• Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
• Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
• Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
• Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
• A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
Candidates with any of the following skills would be considered favourably:
• Modelling (eg Igloo, ReMetrica);
• Programming (eg VBA, .NET);
• Must be flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
• Experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment are both equally advantageous
We are seeking additional Assistant Managers to continue to support the length and breadth of actuarial based services, in the areas listed above and beyond
The ideal candidate will be able to assist the engagement team on any of our core propositions, namely: reserving; capital; and pricing projects.
•Calculation of reserves, using different assumptions, by applying a variety of actuarial techniques:
• Ability to review reporting outputs.
• Ability to use existing knowledge of reporting and apply to the UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, FCA Returns
• Assist in completing due diligence in advance of transactions
•Ability to perform basic actuarial calculations such as loss ratios and IBNR
•Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
•Providing technical input to a number of projects
•Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
•Drafting reports and presentations.
•Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input
•The successful candidate may be required to manage small teams.
•As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team's work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
•Maintain a strong record of progress in the actuarial examinations.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
•Nearly qualified Actuary, with significant practical actuarial experience
•Significant experience of working in a non-life consultancy along with Audit, Validation and stress testing experience would be helpful.
•Experience in reserving a key requirement as well as experience in pricing and capital
•Experience of preparing benchmarks
•Experience of working in a financial services firm
•Experience of working in an emerging market
•Have a strong network base across UK and emerging markets.
•Strong Excel skills.
•Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
•Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
•proficient in SAS
•Knowledge of Solvency II pillars, particularly the quantitative requirements Lloyd’s market experience;
•Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
•A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
•Flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
Opening Date: 17/07/2020
Closing Date: 14/08/2020
Salary Range: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG are looking for multiple Data Analytics Directors to play a key role in delivering and taking to market our Data Analytics offering across multiple sectors. The successful candidates will need to leverage their external and internal networks to build the reputation of KPMG’s offering across Automation, Data Science, AI, and Data Engineering learning across multidisciplinary clients and engagements.
Reporting directly to the Partner of the team, the role involves overseeing and leading a team who identify, develop, sell and deliver data integrated centric solutions. The role will be to support and drive the sales of significant Data Analytics & Digital Transformation consulting engagements in multiple sectors.
- Build relationships and actively seek out the global networks best experts to address client needs.
- Communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage relationships across different teams, functions, countries and cultures to drive revenue growth.
- Provide credible solution -orientated responses to RFP’s, ensuring the appropriate expertise from across KPMG is represented in the most cohesive way to address client problems.
- Manage the growth of a high performing and dynamic team.
- Build strong client relationships and develop leading edge inspiring go to market propositions that provide growth opportunities for our people & clients.
- Own and develop new assets in the analytics space and develop thought leadership that resonates with the life science sector and positions KPMG as a leader in the space.
- Develop solutions features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines.
- Develop competence in a broad range of technologies and framework for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Undertake technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and the design and build of solutions.
Required skills, Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree in a data or technology related subject
- Experienced in utilising technology to provide insightful analysis to life sciences clients in areas such as R+D and clinical trials.
- Experience leading large teams of 40+ in size developing and delivering analytics solutions.
- Proven experience driving revenue growth in a Consulting environment.
- Experience leading responses to RFP for analytics services and solutions.
- Credible and experienced at scoping, delivering and selling solutions in the fields of AI, Machine Learning and RPA
- Experience developing trusted client relationships and converting those into commercial opportunities
- Talent for collaborating with internal stakeholders on go to market and solution development
- Experience with FS, IGH, Life Sciences, and Retail clients
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data management issues, examples include re-performance of complex systems.
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most Procurement transformation programmes demand technology support, and every successful Procurement technology programme involves some ground-breaking activity.
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consulting practice, we’re working with Financial Services clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding procurement technologists to join us, grow with us, and develop our Procurement Technology delivery capability, driving our strategy through large-scale Procurement Cloud Technology transformation. Part of a developing team in Financial Services that will become our ‘go to’ for Procurement Technology, you will play a key role in the growing of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes. At its core, this is a real opportunity to build our technology delivery team and influence within a fast-growing business area. To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus. You’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping Financial Services clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to encourage confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Procurement Technology solutions including but not limited to Coupa, Ivalua, Basware and/or SAP Ariba.
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a proven track record of selling, procurement technology projects. In particular we are looking for individuals who have led procurement technology strategy programmes, software selection projects and Source-to-Pay implementations.
We are seeking a talented individual with experience of Procurement Cloud implementation. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, practice leadership and client delivery. The role reports into the Director of Powered Procurement.
• Understand demand, identify and unlock client opportunities for Powered Procurement in Financial Services by providing the technology expertise to build compelling market propositions
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market
• The ability to build strong relationships at senior levels (c-suite), and a strong existing network
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others
• Sales and Business Development
• Leadership and relationship building
• A Technology professional with a proven track record of successful delivery of technology solutions in a consulting environment
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of partners in the organisation
• Excellent People Leadership
• Strong network in Financial Services Procurement
• Drive and resilience
• Presentation skills
• A track record of client delivery, innovation and procurement transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis
UK based. Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time (UK, Europe and internationally), so will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.