I'm looking for
Search results for "Market Development"
GI Actuarial Assistant Manager- London/Manchester
Service Line: FRM
Associate Director - Restructuring - North
Service Line: Restructuring
Microsoft Dynamics Business Central Pre-Sales Consultant
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Cloud Capability Lead
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Oracle HCM Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior Manager, Operations - Procurement
Service Line: Operational Transformation
We are seeking additional Assistant Managers to continue to support the length and breadth of actuarial based services, in the areas listed above and beyond
The ideal candidate will be able to assist the engagement team on any of our core propositions, namely: reserving; capital; and pricing projects.
•Calculation of reserves, using different assumptions, by applying a variety of actuarial techniques:
• Ability to review reporting outputs.
• Ability to use existing knowledge of reporting and apply to the UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, FCA Returns
• Assist in completing due diligence in advance of transactions
•Ability to perform basic actuarial calculations such as loss ratios and IBNR
•Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
•Providing technical input to a number of projects
•Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
•Drafting reports and presentations.
•Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input
•The successful candidate may be required to manage small teams.
•As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team's work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
•Maintain a strong record of progress in the actuarial examinations.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
•Nearly qualified Actuary, with significant practical actuarial experience
•Significant experience of working in a non-life consultancy along with Audit, Validation and stress testing experience would be helpful.
•Experience in reserving a key requirement as well as experience in pricing and capital
•Experience of preparing benchmarks
•Experience of working in a financial services firm
•Experience of working in an emerging market
•Have a strong network base across UK and emerging markets.
•Strong Excel skills.
•Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
•Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
•proficient in SAS
•Knowledge of Solvency II pillars, particularly the quantitative requirements Lloyd’s market experience;
•Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
•A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
•Flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in the North provides services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types, as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
To be an effective Associate Director within the team you’ll undertake the following:
• Frequently acting as day to day lead for delivery of client advisory projects or significant insolvency workstreams, taking the role as a key contact on engagements.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders)
• Manage teams of colleagues working on the engagement, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple workstream delivery
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input
• Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals and client sales presentations
• Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback
• Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues for your chosen sector(s)
• Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
Key skills and competencies required:
• Demonstrable experience in leading workstreams, ideally on a mix of both advisory and insolvency assignments.
• Significant experience in the insolvency market.
• Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’ as well start teams of colleagues
• Ideally relevant insolvency qualifications (or targeting the same)
• Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
When required, the role includes UK wide travel and may involve occasional overseas travel due to the organisational structure of KPMG MBS and client requirements.
- Provides Pre-sales support (Analysis/Demo preparation/Demo’s in Consultant Capacity);
- Ability to deliver clear and concise demonstrations of Business Central and its supporting suits focusing on the client’s specific business outcomes
- Input and where you have specialisms produce order of magnitude estimates based on the requirements you have gathered from clients / prospects
- Work with prospects to look to build Proof of Concept’s based on the information gathered and incorporate the development team into this process should the need arise
- Work with existing ISV’s to deliver the customer’s requirements as well as thinking outside Business Central and leverage supporting Microsoft stack to meet requirements
- To produces Functional Design Documents for the technical team should a development be required
- Coordinate and confidentially lead meetings and/or functional workshops (internal/external) and software configuration;
- Full comprehension of the C-Suite and ability to present to it;
- On-site analysis of customer functional requirements;
- Detailed documentation of customer requirements;
- Facilitates User Acceptance Testing;
- Conducts Training of customers;
- Provides Customer functional Support;
- Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
- Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate with Project Manager as necessary;
- Work on own initiative and with minimal support needed;
- Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
- In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
- To carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the practice management team;
- Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times;
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central (or NAV) for a minimum of 3 years;
- Experience and proven track record of knowledge and implementation of Dynamics NAV/Business Central Financials along with the supporting Modules Trade and logistics, Warehouse, Sales and Purchase, etc.
- A proven track record of successful implementation of a number of leading-edge technological solutions within large client companies, preferably across a number of business verticals;
- Experience especially in manufacturing, supply chain, print, or retail sectors will be considered an asset;
- Proven additional Dynamics Business Central, Azure and Powered Platform certifications will be considered as an asset.
- Experience of consultancy roles in software delivery;
- Experience in a delivery-orientated IT environment using an Agile methodology. Familiarity of Microsoft DevOps or Jira preferred
- Expert at writing user stories, with acceptance and test cases
- Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis, and in planning and leading workshops with the client;
- Functional project documentation experience especially for work packages to be implemented by offshore teams;
- Experience in compiling pre-sales activities (data, environments, scenarios, demo scrips, POC development briefs, etc).
- Experience in delivering product to C-suite and responding to Q&A sessions using real world examples
Cloud Capability Lead
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote workers across the UK within a sensible vicinity of our offices with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
Within KPMG's Technology service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.
We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our client’s infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.
• Oversee the Building and Running of multiple cloud service teams who help business sectors design, build and maintain infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• Contribute towards the overall strategic direction for the wider Cloud and Engineering communities as well as your direct cloud service teams
• Lead, sponsor and mentor your various teams of engineers. Provide both technical and managerial support, guidance and advice where needed at any level
• Leverage extensive experience to assist your teams, and the wider cloud community at any grade level
• Responsible for ensuring all your service teams are financially buoyant and resourced correctly
• Build strong relationships with the coverage CTO for your area ensure you feed into their Technology strategy and be the trusted advisor from a Cloud and DevOps perspective
• Build on existing and forge new relationships with the wider firm at Director, Partner and Senior Partner level to put the T in GTD
• Ensure all teams are approaching and meeting both client and firm regulatory and security controls and are able to feed these ways of working back to the community
• Support your wider Infrastructure community by assisting other teams, sharing knowledge, debugging problems, contributing code to central projects, and any other things you can think of
• Enjoy yourself. Lead and nurture the culture of your teams and spread the word and capabilities the wider Technology team has across the UK and Global member firms
• Extensive experience managing a large or multiple teams of engineers and being responsible for delivering large and complex projects
• Ability to have deep technical level discussions with engineers, to explaining the business benefits of a range of technologies to non-technical partners and clients who have business issues to overcome
• Have a keen eye for opportunity. Put the T in GTD and grow, extensively, the brand footprint of Engineering not only internally at KPMG but externally to the market
• Excellent stakeholder management and relationship skills at C suite level both internally and client facing
• Ability to operate in a highly context switching environment for not only different clients but different business sectors and different technologies
• Proven extensive experience with Linux/Unix/Microsoft configuration
• Extensive hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Able to identify and nurture existing and new talent
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Take responsibility for your code
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Ability to empower your teams to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal input
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours and locations
• Access to regular training opportunities, attending conferences and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday
Service Line Information
The Technology team services the broader Firm through delivery of core technology and managed services capabilities, collaboration and innovation development services and building our Alliances network.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Powered Enterprise is KPMG’s world-class accelerated Enterprise Business Transformation approach for cloud-based solutions that uses pre-designed back-office leading practices and KPMG’s six layer Target Operating Model. It enables clients to make better, faster decisions, resulting in a quicker implementation and a faster path to Return on Investment. This solution combines the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading practice, capabilities and insight into a complete solution for an effective back-office.
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise. KPMG are growing their S&D - Powered Apps team to meet an ever increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
As the growth of our Powered HCM practise continues we are looking for Process Leads who have experience of configuring Oracle or Workday to join our team
• Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
• Experience of implementing at least one module of the relevant cloud platform (Workday or Oracle) (NB there is a strong preference for Payroll skills specifically) so you can bring your learnings to the client about what did (or didn’t!) work
• Leading client facing meetings and facilitation of workshops with larger groups of client teams
• Lead an offshore team to design, configure and test a module or process area to successful deployment for a client
• Developing end to end solutions using the best of good industry practise combined with understanding the optionality available within the product.
Our candidates should have strong commercial acumen, hunger to learn and develop and be able to thrive in a really fast paced working environment.
• Educated to degree level
• Strong documentation, reporting and presentation skills
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
• Experience in a functional and/or technical role in a business or systems delivery environment preferably in more than one sector
• Experience producing project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, configuration document, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc.)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills
• An awareness of key delivery methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
• Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time
• Experience of working effectively with client functional team representatives
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity
We are seeking an experienced Procurement professional to join our Corporates Operations Transformation team. Our team helps clients build leading practice capability across plan, source, make, move and sell - focussing on large corporate clients in the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 businesses.
In the Procurement domain we are recognised as industry leaders by clients and analysts including:
• ALM Vanguard leader in Sourcing and Procurement Consulting
• A Spend Matters 50/50 Provider to Know
• A Leader in Business Consulting Services (IDC)
We are specifically seeking an individual with experience of procurement transformation programmes including digital / technology. The key services are outlined below:
o Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and Should cost modelling
o Supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation.
o Assessment of a client’s existing procurement capability against leading practice
o Identifying procurement improvement areas across people, process and technology
o Developing Procurement Strategy and business alignment
o Defining new procurement operating models that enhance procurement value creation and return on procurement
o Evaluating insource / outsource for back- and middle-office as well as frontline services - including working in or delivering outsourced contracts
o Designing improvements in Procurement capability including through the introduction of leading practice procurement operating models, organisation redesign, procurement techniques, technology and processes
o Supporting our clients to implement improvements across the end to end Source to pay Process including business partnering, benefits realisation, procurement analytics, category management, sourcing, contract management supplier management and purchase to pay
o Producing and delivering structured training courses to upskill an existing procurement and supply chain team.
Digital Procurement Strategy
o Providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics and Category Management
o Helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Procurement that leverages cloud based source to pay technology, advanced analytics, collaborative category management technology, robotics process automation and AI solutions
o Building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
o Supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions to meet business requirements
Cost and Cash Optimisation
o Procurement analytics - Analysis of and insights from data (incl spend) to drive better decision making
o Identification of savings/value creation opportunities using a range of demand and supply side levers
o Delivering savings/value creation initiatives through strategic sourcing, contract improvement, outsourcing, supplier management, demand management, cash process improvement, contract audits and other approaches
o Tracking value to the client’s P&L and locking in benefits
• Leading complex sourcing including managed services in categories including Facilities, IT and Logistics
• Advising clients on the appropriate strategy for complex outsourcing including service and commercial models
• Planning and executing sourcing and vendor evaluation
• Planning and managing vendor transition and service transformation
As well as managing the delivery of these solutions, the senior manager will lead or support business development activity including:
o Generating sales
o Understanding client requirements and identifying how and where KPMG can add value
o Guiding and informing the development of new propositions and technologies through knowledge gained in the market
o Development of thought leadership and participation in brand-building and brand-awareness exercises
o Building client relationships at senior management levels in our key clients / sectors
o Developing proposals for clients and leading RFP responses
o Defining and executing marketing and sales campaigns
o Balancing both sales and deliver responsibilities
We are looking for someone with a strong Procurement background, however, it will be advantageous if they also have broader Supply Chain experience.Ideally you will have previous experience of consulting within Procurement and / or have a senior operational management background or similar role within procurement with skills developed across different markets and sectors.
Digital Procurement Transformation Transforming procurement capability at large corporate clients using digital technology Understanding of the current procurement technology market and trends including providers such as Coupa, Ariba, Ivalua and Oracle Detailed knowledge of procurement processes – including: sourcing, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, supply relationship management Purchase to Pay (P2P), Experience designing and implementing Procurement operating model changes Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments Experience of managing direct reports and / or project team.Additional experience:
Experience of complex cost reduction programmes across direct and indirect spend including, analysis, design and implementation Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company experience Understanding of advanced procurement analytics techniques, tools and approaches Category knowledge of areas of direct and indirect spend Sector experience in Defence Detailed knowledge of procurement processes demand and supply planning, warehousing, distribution, S&OP, IBP and) procurement procedures.
Selling, leading and delivering large, complex and transformational programmes and drawing on diverse solutions to successfully resolve client issues. Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients and evidence of an existing strong network of client relationships. Managing senior stakeholders up to board level. Recognised as an expert in Procurement and Supply Chain, with ability to provide credible technical insight to clients. Deep knowledge of the sector, and the key client issues. Experience of complex cost reduction programmes across direct and indirect spend including, analysis, design and implementation Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments Experience in sustainable procurement process improvement Experience designing and implementing Procurement operating model changes Demonstrating an ability to inspire and foster a sense of self belief in others. Leading and selling solutions drawn from across broader KPMG Advisory Services. Leading teams to deliver projects. Experience of managing direct reports and / or project team. Leading business development activity, developing business cases, and selling new opportunities. Demonstrating perseverance and tenacity, and the ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems