I'm looking for
Search results for "Market Development"
Service Line: Market Development
Sales Business Partner (B) - TPL & DA
Service Line: Market Development
Board Relationship Programme Senior Manager
Service Line: Market Development
Copywriter - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Service Line: Market Development
Senior Campaign Manager
Service Line: Market Development
The Campaign Executive position will focus on campaign delivery. The individual will sit as part of the newly established Marketing Centre of Expertise team and will support the management and development of our marketing programmes in conjunction with a team of marketing professionals across our Campaign Management function.
The Marketing Centre of Expertise (CoE) operates a matrix model of expertise in defined marketing capabilities and organised in clusters aligned to our business units. The CoE leads on marketing delivery, supports brand management, digital enablement and also provides account management to support the Marketing Business Partners (BP). CoE teams are experts in specialised areas and are deeply involved in co-creation and delivery.
Campaign delivery is at the core of our new operating model for marketing. The Campaign Executive will support the project management of our campaigns by delivering our creative, data, digital and content development processes.
The role holder will manage projects to ensure that content, creative assets and the usage of marketing channels support the delivery of the brief, meet our brand and regulatory requirements and they actively involve our business and marketing colleagues throughout their development to ensure buy-in, quality and effectiveness.
This includes undertaking the requirements of our brand and regulatory processes and supporting the business review of content and marketing campaign assets.
You will have the ability to work on activities across multiple stakeholders, channels, programmes and activities ensuring that your work and focus aligns to the relevant project timelines and any issues or challenges are flagged to the relevant colleagues in a timely and effective way.
The role will include engagement and interaction with business stakeholders, marketing agencies and colleagues across the marketing function to capture their input, feedback and work to ensure their buy-in throughout the campaign development process.
Description of the role:
- Support the development of our marketing programmes with a focus on project coordination, completing process requirements and required documentation and reporting.
- Contribute and drive the delivery of creative development, data, digital and media processes
- Input to, collate and manage the distribution of agency briefs, data and client insights.
- Manage the application of business feedback and amendments to campaign assets and identify areas of conflict or concern to Campaign Managers and relevant stakeholders
- Deliver campaign financial processes including PO management, reconciliation and campaign spend forecasts
- Coordinate and arrange collaboration with agency partners and other marketing teams including booking in relevant support requests
- Deliver the requirements of our brand and regulatory processes across deliverables including brand, risk and data management policies.
- Extract and arrange for the submission of campaign reporting, CRM data management and third party data sources including client insights and competitor activity
- Lead on the deployment of internal launch plans and communications for marketing campaigns.
Leadership & Management
This role will report to the relevant Campaign Manager.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
The ideal individual for this role will be energetic and highly-organised, someone who enjoys taking on responsibility and making a positive contribution to the activities of the UK Marketing team.
You will be professional, able to work within budget to the exacting standards required in a leading professional services environment.
Proactively engaging with business teams and senior stakeholders you will be able contribute to conversations around business feedback and how the campaign and the resources supporting its development can respond to address this feedback effectively.
Bringing initiative and drive you will be comfortable working independently but seek and advice and guidance from colleagues when needed.
You will understand the importance of good relationships both within and outside the organisation, using your influencing and negotiating skills to ensure that relationships with third parties work to the best advantage of KPMG, and to promote collaboration, understanding and positive contribution internally.
Core technical competencies
- Marketing project management experience
- Experience of the development process for marketing campaigns including content, digital campaigns, event communications and social media including agency management
- Stakeholder engagement including business contacts and agency partners administrative skills for key marketing process including budget, meeting management and coordination
- Familiarity of using brand visual identity toolkits and guidelines
- Effective written communicator and able to contribute to messaging development and review
- Able to apply risk and compliance processes effectively
- Understand the role of data for marketing and comfortable managing data and using Excel as part of campaign reporting and targeting
- Experience with marketing platforms and tools including management and setting up campaigns in solutions such as Salesforce, Marketo or Adobe.
Core behavioural competencies
You will be at heart of the delivery of world-class marketing for KPMG in the UK, able to effectively drive change through a complex matrix organisation and successfully embed our new operating model.
- Effective organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a complex and matrix environment
- Good attention to detail and a commitment to developing high quality work
- Proactive and able to identify potential future issues or challenges, working as part of a team to address them
- Balance creativity and innovation our business processes and risk management policies
- Enjoy an agile and flexible work environment with an ability to work with different teams, business areas and campaign types on an ongoing basis
- You will have strong interpersonal skills, be a good communicator and embrace collaboration
- You will be inquisitive around the commercial drivers for the business and how the marketing campaign is tasked to support these.
- You will understand the need to build good relationships, creating useful networks internally and externally, and proactively use these contacts to support you in resolving conflicts or challenges.
Expertise/ Technical role requirements:
- BA university degree or equivalent
- Completed or working towards a professional marketing qualification (CIM) preferred.
- Experience of B2B marketing.
- Highly proficient in all MS Office packages
- Knowledge of CRM and marketing campaign systems
- Understanding of project management techniques
- Marketing campaign skills including digital marketing
- Understanding of budgeting and forecasting
- Creative skills including reviewing copy and visual/image selection
Grade: B - Senior Manager
Service: Area Market Development (MD), which is part of KPMG Business Services (KBS)
Location: London/ Region based (dependent on Coverage area)
KPMG goes to market on a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure maximum impact for all our services offerings by being client-centric and leveraging opportunities.
Market Development is a growth accelerator for the firm which focuses on driving profitable and sustainable sales growth for the firm, building the firm’s brand and reputation & ensuring that KPMG is the clear choice for our clients
Activities focus on origination, conversion, profitability and retention.
The Business Partners work alongside the Client & Growth Partners and leadership teams to develop and execute their sales strategies.
This will be achieved by bringing expertise in sales excellence and enablement and harnessing additional specialist resource from across Market Development & broader global/ UK firm to deliver results.
The successful individual will focus with client teams to implement sales practices and disciplines which drive profitable growth through guidance, coaching, development and supportive challenge.
Role and Responsibilities
The Sales BP is accountable for working alongside the Client & Growth Partner to develop and implement the sales excellence strategy. The role will be required to embed significant cultural change and so should be able to demonstrate they are competent to operate and challenge at a senior level across a matrix organisation.
1) Complete a KPMG Way maturity assessment & understand strengths and gaps – considering goals and strategies of the Coverage/ Capability area.
2) Work closely with the Client & Growth Partner to help formulate and deliver the sales strategy with focus on building Trust and Growth.
3) Develop and agree sales plans with leadership team including Client & Growth Partner, Coverage/ Capability lead, & Regional/ Sector Heads.
4) Focus on sales strategies which Maximise KPMG investments by bringing the best of Market Development (MD) & feedback client team requirements to inform MD focus and resource model.
5) Drive adoption of leading sales practices to provide optimum performance to client facing teams e.g. MarketEDGE, Client Conversations and Strategic Account Management. Strong candidates will have the capability to assess the needs of teams and individuals and deliver workshops, coaching, guidance & supportive challenge which is relevant to desired outcome.
6) Work alongside Client Teams and Marketing to run agreed sales campaigns, optimising leads and tracking reporting ROI in meetings and revenue.
7) Work with HOPO, HO Finance & Sales operations to drive and help embed good practices in sales frameworks, qualification, account planning and broader sales management discipline.
8) Optimise sales KPIs, MIs, pipeline and CRM and discuss with leadership to promote sound financial business decisions
9) Contribute across Market Development and KBS leadership team.
Qualifications and experience
• Diploma or degree qualified (ideally business related).
• Proven skills in senior stakeholder management up to executive level.
• Proven skills in leading change and multi-function projects.
• A wealth of experience in sales/ client facing / sales enablement.
• Knowledge of sales methodologies and experience of implementation resulting in tangible business results
• Strong people and leadership skills, with ability to engage teams at different levels.
• Strategic thinker with ability to tailor to specific business situations or propositions
• Have a progressive and innovative approach to the delivery of market facing programmes, with focus on driving sales and profit.
• Proven consulting skills with ability to scope requirements collaboratively to gain buy-in across a number of stakeholders.
• Demonstrate strong project leadership skills
• Confident facilitation/ coaching skills to support the development of individuals and groups.
• Have experience leading and adapting to change in a positive way.
• Experience of working successfully across multiple teams and departments to achieve goals collaboratively.
• Be commercially focused, targeting development and impact aligned to business growth plan.
The Board Relationship Programme (BRP) is one of KPMG’s Strategic Relationship programmes and is designed to strengthen the KPMG brand and build trusted client relationships.
The BRP builds and cements relationships across a defined portfolio of influential Board members to establish KPMG as their ‘first choice’. The portfolio encompasses a community of the most strategic influencers in the marketplace, and includes FTSE and priority account board members, serial NEDs, senior influencers and KPMG alumni.
We aim to ensure that these high profile relationships are maintained and enhanced so we are on the front foot concerning the macro-issues in the market, we project a strong external voice for the firm and so that we share intelligence from our board relationships back into the business.
This role is both client and internally facing, sits within Strategic Relationships team, part of the UK Centre of Expertise, and involves overall programme management of the Programme.
You will have overall responsibility for operational and strategic management of the Programme, liaison with the Vice Chairs Office for programme management of flagship events, including the Chairman’s dinners, so will involve close liaison with the firm’s executive leadership.
The role will also involve management of the programme delivery via the Marketing Centre of Expertise/Operational Excellence Hubs.
- Lead the strategy and strategic direction for the BRP in the context of the firm’s wider relationships strategy, in liaison with the Marketing and Strategic relationships team, BPs and key stakeholders and with sponsorship from the VCs Office.
- Oversee KPMG’s flagship Chairman’s events (such as the Chelsea Flower Show) as they evolve.
- Lead on content and strategic targeting for invites to key clients and drive ROI reporting including holding the business to account and providing recommendations for improvement
- Drive continuous improvement across the BRP community of board members through relationship building initiatives via the Personal Relationship Partners (PRPs) supported by monthly KPI reporting.
- Close liaison with Board Leadership Centre (BLC) team, global relationship teams, wider strategic relationships programmes (alumni and C-suite) and marketing to align programmes and work collaboratively to ensure we have a joined up, holistic approach to our relationship management practices
- Management of senior stakeholders, ensuring the firm’s agenda is reflected in the design and implementation of the BRP
- Create greater alignment of relationship development through sharing of intelligence to equip our CLP/PRPs to have deeper conversations
- Laser sharp focus on priority accounts, work with the Coverage Group Marketing BPs to identify key buyers for our flagship event programmes to convert opportunities and strengthen our penetration across our refuse to lose accounts.
- Ensure that our BRPis in compliance with the firm’s policies
- This role reports into the UK Head of Strategic Relationships. It will sit within the Marketing Centre of Expertise and work closely with the Operational Excellence Hubs to ensure a highly professional and leading edge programme and optimising our delegate experience.
- Key stakeholders for the role holder will be the Head of Strategic Relationship programmes, CMO and the Chairman and Vice Chairs’ Office for overall programme sponsorship. Close liaison will also be required with the wider Marketing and Strategic Relationships Leadership teams, our PRP community, Sector Heads and relevant CLPs.
- The role involves building relationships both inside and outside the firm and includes direct client interaction.
- As a Senior Manager the role holder will be comfortable working with the business to understand and influence our strategic priorities and drive delivery through our strategic relationship programmes.
- You will align with the firm’s overall strategic priorities alongside other members of the Marketing and Strategic Relationships team.
- As Senior Manager within the Marketing and Strategic Relationships team, you will be sensitive to the need to achieve brand consistency and manage risk for the firm, and as such be able to coach and support members of the wider team within KPMG to achieve this aim.
Core technical & behavioural skills:
- Ten plus years’ marketing, relationship development and business development experience
- Expert on KPMG brand and value proposition development, demonstrating ideas for advancing the brand and ensuring a strong impact
- Exceptional engagement skills with a proven track record of building and engaging networks and ecosystems.
- Strong project and programme management skills, with the ability to self-manage, prioritise a wide variety of tasks and deliver overall objectives in the long, medium and short term.
- Demonstrable track record of driving a strategic client relationship programme or similar.
- Able to build and work with virtual teams and to keep team performance and morale high during periods of pressure.
- Able to coach, guide and mentor other team members to maximise their full potential and to achieve stretching performance targets.
- Leadership: A motivating leader, able to create a virtual team environment that constantly reinforces KPMG’s values.
- Self-motivated - both strategically minded and output focused and with a proven track record of programme or project management.
- Relationships: A consummate relationship-builder and collaborator, creating vibrant networks internally and externally
- Communication: Skilled at collating and presenting information in a clear, informative and professional way; able to tailor content to different stakeholder needs. Impactful communications style and able to flex for different audiences.
- Diplomacy: Demonstrable experience of dealing with complex, sensitive and challenging stakeholders. Adept advisor/ arbitrator for conflicts or unresolved issues.
- Conflict management - able to work under pressure, take personal responsibility for making tough decisions, acting quickly to diffuse or prevent conflicts
- Resilient: Able to build and work with virtual teams and to team performance and morale high during periods of pressure
- Agile: Able to parallel process across big picture and detail across the programme.
- Financial: Experience of managing budgets and displaying sound judgement in considering financial implications of decisions
- Professional: Exceptional professionalism and attention to detail is of paramount importance given the seniority of clients
Technical role requirements:
- Proven expertise in marketing programme design, client relationship development and business development
- Experience within the professional services industry at a senior level
- Budget management experience essential
- A good general knowledge of the business, economic, political and social issues prevalent within the UK, Europe and internationally
- Previous experience of marketing in a professional services organisation is desirable
- At interview, you will be able to demonstrate good knowledge of KPMG’s business priorities
- You will also be able to offer constructive commentary on some of the firm’s key relationship programmes and offer suggestions as to how you might create a step change in them as part of KPMG’s relationships and marketing strategies
Winning complex, big ticket engagements in today’s environment takes a village (to borrow a phrase). Become
part of our village by combining your exceptional writing skills and BD knowledge to help KPMG develop a
consistent, compelling communication style for all pursuit collateral.
Bringing your passion and energy to this role, you will help develop a winning, client-focussed sales culture by
writing strategic parts of RFP documents and editing responses to make sure every document connects with
its audience. You will inspire senior partners and their teams to think and act differently in their approach to a
broad set client communications, providing specific support for large, complex must-win opportunities greater
than £5 million.
And, as a National Pursuit Team member, you are never happy resting on your laurels and will always
collaborate with your colleagues to drive impact by improving processes, tools and ways of working.
- Work with senior partners and team to write executive summaries that capture the key proposition clearly and concisely
- Facilitate value proposition and storyboarding session as required
- Interview partners/directors to develop content
- Review tender documents to make sure key messages and tone are explicit
- Deliver training and workshops to help teams change their approach to language, improve their writing and think more creatively about their client's needs
Leadership & Management
- As a champion of a clear and simple writing style, you will enthusiastically spread the word across KPMG, teaching your NPT colleagues and others tricks of the trade. You will help build a collaborative NPT culture using growth mindset principles to contribute to continuous improvement
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges
- MD Partner, Head of NPT, NPT memners: as required for meetings, initiative implementation, individual pursuits and other issues raised
CLPs, LPs, EPs, Directors: as required for individual pursuits
Impact, Risk, Accountability& Governance
- This role will work with all Coverage areas (FS, IGH and CORPS).
- Qualified to degree leve or equivalent
- Advanced skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proven experience of senior-level writing/editing business communications or equivalent
- Minimum two year working in a sales-related language role with reference to at least one sales methodology
- Exposure to sales/winning work in a competitive process to understand best practice in this area
- Communications, branding and professional services background preferred
- Ability to support and delegate to other writers
- Experience making change stick across an organisation
Expertise / Technical
- Trained in at least one sales methodology
- Professional services experience
- Professional editing
- Facilitation skills
- Adapt to varied styles and non-verbal cues by applying interpersonal awareness to read and appreciate others' differences, concerns and motivations
- Present complex and difficult messages skillfully, using a variety of media and methods
- Strong verbal reasoning skills required to influence an engagement team
- Produce writing that is clear, persuasive, and client-focussed
- Work to tight deadlines
The Senior Campaign Manager will be a creatively-minded marketing generalist with a strong, in-depth knowledge of building and overseeing the delivery of Marketing and Strategic Relationship programmes across the full range of activities encompassing both traditional and digital channels.
Our Marketing Centre of Expertise (CoE) operates a matrix model of expertise in defined marketing capabilities and organised in clusters aligned to our business units. The CoE leads on marketing delivery, supports brand management, digital enablement and also provides account management to support the Marketing Business Partners (BP). CoE teams are experts in specialised areas and are deeply involved in co-creation and delivery.
As such, the individual will be responsible for working with Marketing BPs to co-create and then deliver exciting new integrated end-to-end programmes designed both to improve the firm’s position in the market and to ensure consistency with KPMG’s ‘One Firm’ market-facing approach.
The Campaign Management team provide dedicated support to their business area and are responsible for building a robust delivery plan and overseeing its development including assessing creative, developing content, messaging and supporting stakeholder communications to ensure the effective delivery of the marketing plan. They also provide account management to support the Marketing Business Partners.
Collaboration is at the heart of our new operating model for Marketing and, as a senior manager, this role holder will be key to ensure teams from across Business Partners, Marketing Centre of Expertise and support teams work together to plan and deliver world-class marketing for KPMG in the UK.
Description of the role:
• Responsible for working closely with the Marketing Business Partners and the Marketing Manager(s) in their team to oversee the development and deployment of Marketing and Strategic relationships programmes
• Provide account management support to dedicated business areas
• Accountable for project management, financial management and resource (people) allocation of programmes
• Defining the optimal marketing campaign plan to deliver the objectives set including channel selection and role of digital marketing
• Lead, with input from the Business Partner, the development of the media strategy, content, creative development and agency management
• Role drives the development of internal campaign launch plans and the ensures that lead management and campaign reporting processes are in place and effective
• Ensuring marketing effectiveness and adherence to budget management framework.
• Support the Marketing Business Partners to ensure that the business effectively leverage our Marketing and Strategic Relationship programmes for commercial impact
Leadership & Management
The individual will have responsibility for Marketing Manager(s) and for developing virtual teams across the CoE to deliver specific campaigns.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
The Senior Manager will be a capable individual with a high level of emotional intelligence.
You will be comfortable with running multiple projects at once, working with the Campaign Delivery and Business Partner teams to ensure strong delivery of programmes, striking a balance between getting sufficiently involved with the detail to keep the content sharp on the one hand, and maintaining a broad, strategic view on the other.
Core Technical Competencies
• Understanding and track record in marketing strategy and planning processes, managing budgets and optimising the effectiveness of marketing spend.
• Expertise in brand and value proposition development, demonstrating ideas for advancing the brand and managing an editorial/content strategy.
• Excellent understanding of digital, event, content, performance marketing and account based marketing approaches and strategies
• Able to define effective approaches for the development of marcomms across online and offline channels,
• Proven stakeholder skills to capture their feedback and engagement during the development process to ensure key messages and client issues are effectively presented.
• You will be adept at managing and translating complex issues for diverse audiences.
• Ability to develop, enhance and execute relationship-building and revenue-generating programmes, acting within the strategic aims of the business to deepen and extend client relationships.
• Demonstrable deep understanding of business trends and issues to develop strategies which make a positive impact in our priority areas and add value to the business. You will identify and instigate third-party affiliations to ensure KPMG is the partner of choice.
Core Behavioural Competencies
• You will have a strong understanding of the commercial drivers for the business and be adept at using data and applying new methodologies, tools and technologies to develop and communicate insights.
• You will be creative, leading creative thinking, and stimulating creativity in others; constructively challenge new ideas to ensure they contribute to the overall goals of marketing in general.
• You will be a good, intuitive coach, able to adapt your technique and use objective feedback to enable others to stretch and develop.
• You will be an innovative and creative verbal and written communicator, able to present well to audiences of any size and to encourage others to share information and ideas in a group setting.
• You will be a motivating leader, creating a team environment that constantly reinforces KPMG’s values, focusing team members on a positive path and developing and managing strategies for deepening the impact of positive change.
• You will take personal responsibility for making tough decisions, acting quickly to diffuse or prevent conflicts and able to share resources and information to create teamwork across the firm.
• You will be commercial help to maximise the ROI for marketing and ensure its contribution to the firm; adjust plans to adapt to changing circumstances.
• You will be a consummate relationship-builder, creating useful networks internally and externally, and serving as an advisor and arbitrator for escalated conflicts or unresolved issues.
• You will be able to create teams with a strong sense of shared purpose and goals, building collaboration across project teams, service lines, sectors and Areas.
Expertise/ Technical role requirements:
• BA university degree or equivalent
• Professional marketing qualification (CIM) preferred
• Proven experience in capability marketing
• Highly proficient in all MS Office packages
• Knowledge of CRM systems
• A good general knowledge of the business, economic, political and social issues prevalent within the UK, Europe and internationally
• Previous experience of marketing in a professional services organisation is highly desirable
• At interview, you will be able to demonstrate good knowledge of KPMG’s key strengths and brand proposition