I'm looking for
Search results for "Mergers & Acquisitions"
Manager - Actuarial Life
Service Line: FRM
Assistant Manager - Deal Analytics
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
Data Privacy Consultant, Assistant Manager - Cyber Security
Service Line: RC Technology
Manager - Legal Services, Corporate Legal - Manchester
Service Line: Legal Services
Financial Modelling - Manager - Corporate Consulting
Service Line: MC Technology
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
• Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
• Providing technical input to a number of projects
• Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
• Drafting reports and presentations.
• Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input
• The successful candidate will be required to manage small to medium sized teams.
• As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team's work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
Multiple IFRS 17 impact assessments which have also led to IFRS17 implementation projects. Provision of actuarial expertise on finance transformation projects. Providing assistance to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions Helping Companies with their capital models Provision of actuarial expertise to support our Audit colleagues
Qualified Actuary or have experience of working in an Actuarial function.
Experience and Background:
Significant experience of working in the life insurance industry or life consultancy.
An exciting opportunity to become part of a new team within deal advisory using and developing a combination of data analytics and financial due diligence.
KPMG’s Deal Analytics team focuses on fundamental business issues managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs that organisations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals.
The Deal Analytics team work with big data tools to interrogate large volumes of financial data in order to provide insights into profitability and other financial metrics during a transaction. We are also developing additional toolsets to help clients understand their business both during and post deal.
Roles and Responsibilities
•Research and study the business for a given project, critically dissect the strategy and develop insightful analysis
•Work closely with both offshore and research teams to support analysis
•Work with financial due diligence teams to provide deep business analytics and integrate findings into product deliverables
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
•Significant experience in strategy consulting , financial analysis, mergers & acquisitions, transaction services, advisory, public accounting, or financial audit
•Experience in project management including: planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
•Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
•Superior analytical skills using financial modelling, research, and accounting analysis, proficiency with financial research tools
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The role will be working within the Privacy Team within the Risk Consulting Practice which is one of the areas which KPMG has identified for tremendous investment and growth.
As our clients seek to improve the customer experience, create value and obtain competitive advantage associated with trust in their brand, the ability to leverage personal information assets in the right way is crucial.
The increased take-up of cloud computing, globalisation of systems, processes and supply chains, together with the proliferation of social media and mobile devices means our clients are transferring more and more personal information around the world.
This, in addition to the constantly evolving nature of organisations via mergers and acquisitions and organisational restructuring, new system implementations and the complex, changing legal and regulatory landscapes in which organisations operate, has resulted in Privacy becoming one of the tougher challenges currently facing our clients.
Our clients need to deal effectively with Privacy related risks, whilst providing the business with pragmatic and flexible solutions that deliver real value.
• Delivery of Privacy services to clients
• Project management of small engagements end-to-end and support on larger engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner to include:
o Financial management.
o Engagement and risk management.
o Production and review of deliverables.
o Developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of KPMG.
• Proven experience of working within the Privacy / Data Protection industry.
• Understanding of and experience with a wide range of Privacy principles, technologies and techniques such as:
o Privacy Impact Assessment / Privacy Assessments.
o Privacy audits/assessments and advice.
o Privacy strategy and governance.
o Privacy programme implementation.
o Privacy inventories and data flow mapping.
o Privacy Training and Awareness.
o Demonstrable breadth of skills/experience and market awareness.
o Proven ability to analyse problems, and communicating solutions to a wide range of audiences.
• Experience in and an understanding of the Privacy risks faced by clients and the impact to their business.
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the Privacy field.
Qualifications & Skills
• Degree level qualified.
• Recognised Privacy qualifications preferred (e.g. CIPP, ISEB etc).
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills.
The Legal Services Team sits within KPMG Tax. Its establishment flows naturally from KPMG’s long history of successfully delivering multidisciplinary services to clients. Its vision is to be the legal adviser of choice for KPMG’s clients when it comes to their people, corporate structures, internal arrangements, regulatory requirements and disputes with HMRC.
Core corporate, commercial and employment law teams, and a market leading tax litigation team, are already in place. Over the next few years, these teams will grow and Legal Services will expand into other areas of law that fit within its vision and the needs of KPMG’s clients.
What KPMG Legal Services is looking for from its lawyers:
• Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
• Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with the development of junior team members
• Lawyers with a passion for the law
• Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
• Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients
• Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally
• Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment
Why you might want to join KPMG Legal Services:
• You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team
• You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by a start-up legal practice in a leading global professional services firm
• You want the opportunity to develop client relationships and KPMG’s legal services capabilities
• You are excited by the idea of being a founding member of a team that will grow significantly
• You want to broaden your experience and become a more rounded professional
• You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance
Role and Responsibilities:
Our Manchester Legal Services business was established over 5 years ago. We now enter a new phase of growth and require a high calibre Corporate lawyer to join the team.
• Early Legal Input into Tax Advice – providing our clients with tax advice that has already been reviewed by lawyers
• Implementation of Tax Advice – providing our clients with a simple and cost-effective way of successfully implementing our tax advice
• Review and Rectification of Implementations – reviewing existing structures and helping clients preserve value by rectifying inadequate implementations and operation
• Unwinding Structures – unwinding defunct or unwanted structures
• Mergers & Acquisitions – primarily deal advice on both sides of a transaction including Corporate law advice, guidance, implementation, regulatory and applicability.
The applicant will be a corporate lawyer with a good range of experience in areas of law such as structuring and reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, funds, debt listings and intra-group financing arrangements, corporate governance, commercial arrangements, share investments and/or the implementation of employee incentive arrangements.
The applicant must have a high level of technical knowledge with regards to UK corporate and contract law. Familiarity with partnership, trust, regulatory, banking and/or insolvency law would be helpful. In addition, a successful applicant will have the ability to get up to speed quickly on esoteric areas and be keen to continue developing his/her legal skills and engage in new areas of work.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate his/her experience on transactions (while ensuring that other senior members of the team are kept informed and involved at appropriate times), and to supervise and develop more junior members of the team. Strong project management skills are a must.
The applicant should have good experience of coordinating the provision of advice and the production of complex and interrelated legal agreements and documentation by advisers in several jurisdictions. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues, he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
The successful applicant will have significant experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further. The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team. The successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication.
Education and qualifications:
It is expected that the successful applicant will be a UK-qualified solicitor with a minimum of 4 years’ PQE experience, which should have been gained in the UK at a reputable firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered). Strong academic, technical, drafting and personal skills are essential.
In KPMG’s Management Consulting practice, we don’t limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both – equally well. Indeed, it’s this broad capability that’s seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we’ve developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad of sectors. In IT Advisory we leverage technology to help achieve clients’ business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Role and Responsibility:
The role is within the Corporates Modelling team based in Canary Wharf, London.
We provide a wide variety of modelling services to our clients in Corporates sectors. We work with many FTSE 100 and multinational companies and our modelling services include:
• cost modelling for large capex or opex projects
• project finance and transaction modelling (mergers & acquisitions, buyouts, refinancing, bids and bid defence)
• modelling business transformations including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring
• business planning and forecasting
• modelling the impacts of accounting, tax or regulatory changes
• tactical modelling solutions that automate finance and other operations, such as performance management, intercompany transactions and statutory reporting
• management information and KPI reporting solutions
• data analysis and visualisation
• model risk assessment
• model assurance and best practice reviews
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• An accounting qualification such as ACA or CIMA
• Experience in using VBA
• Experience of building cost models for large capex or opex projects
• Experience in roles that require an understanding of financial and accounting concepts or project finance e.g. debt structures, cash, waterfalls, financial ratios
• Experience of project finance and transaction modelling
• Experience of managing multiple projects and junior staff
• Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
• Excellent project management and team management skills
• Strong analytical and interpretative skills
• Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge
• A numerate (science, engineering or maths-based), finance or accounting degree
Opening Date: 14/06/19
Closing Date: 12/07/19
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits