I'm looking for
Search results for "People"
Tax Director / Associate Partner National Market Campaign
Service Line: DA Tax
Return to Audit Programme - Intelligent Working
Service Line: Audit
Senior Legal Advisor
Service Line: IHQ
Manager - P3M - Major Projects Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Software Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Manager - Employer Covenance - Restructuring
Service Line: Restructuring
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge, at Director or Associate Partner level across our tax&legal national markets business, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets.
Our growth areas' include:
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
You will be required to work within the National Markets team to accelerate the growth of our business. Specifically key aspects will be to:
• Build an internal network within the wider tax and advisory practices of our firm
• Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers and other more junior members of the team.
• Set the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client - knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions, and can match both effectively through assimilation.
• Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people.
• Strong resilience to enable flexibility in approach and ability to work under pressure.
• Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
• Lead business development initiatives and pitch for work with both new and existing clients, potentially both domestically and internationally.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to a range of situations and audiences from both written and oral perspective.
• Strong attention to detail, to enable you to review complex technical problems, whilst maintaining an overall strategic and customer service focused perspective, for all deliverables we produce for our clients
• Excellent internal networking skills with the ability to confidently and knowledgably communicate with other Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners within our professional services environment.
• Strong business development and client facing skills with a proven history of being able to identify opportunities and convert them to commercial projects.
• Excellent project management skills and an ability to manage your own workload, as well the workloads of others in your team.
Return to Audit – as flexible as your life needs you to be
We know the corporate world can sometimes feel like you are expected to be just like everybody else – however you are an individual and we like that.
Our Audit business has designed a return to work programme to target qualified audit professionals who are looking for flexibility; ensuring that they can balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out and are now looking for opportunities to combine a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Audit will support individuals in roles that are structured around flexible hours and remote working, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. All the roles are internally focused, across the UK and based at KPMG offices with the six week school holidays built in as leave. The roles will be within our Audit Centre of Excellence IT Audit and Front Line Audit teams. They cover an array of capabilities and skills ranging from technical audit expertise to project management.
The roles broadly fall into two categories - you can either have:
1. Flexible working for 3 or 4 days per week, with one of those days working at home; or
2. Reduced hours working a shorter day from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
The roles will be a fixed term annualised days’ contract of one year with an initial month of full time training, and with a second month of training and work shadowing until you are fully comfortable. After the contract expires, candidates will be able to apply for permanent positions, depending on the success of their time at KPMG.
At the heart of the programme is a structured induction programme aimed at getting you up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. You will receive ongoing support in the form of a working mentor and a buddy. The development opportunities won’t end once the induction is finished. You will enter an ongoing training path with check-in points to evaluate progress against goals and determine additional training needs.
Who we are looking for?
- Candidates with ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualification
- Candidates must have demonstrable experience working in Audit in the last six years
- For those looking for roles specifically in IT Audit a degree/masters qualification in IT/business and a recognised accounting and/or auditing (e.g. CISA, ACA, CIMA) qualification would also be desirable.
- Candidates will have a passion for returning to Audit working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
- Candidates will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior audit experience and qualifications
We aim to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please complete the application. We want to hear from you!
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a legal team of excellent calibre in a global organisation. We expect this opportunity will allow you to broaden our range of legal skills and experience.
KPMG International is the entity with which all member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated. KPMG member firms provide audit, tax and advisory services to clients and are based in 155 countries.
The International Office of the General Counsel is a small team based in three countries. The team provides legal advice on key strategic issues for, and supports the execution of key business decisions made by, KPMG International. It also supports KPMG International and the KPMG global network in dealing with legal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks.
The role will involve working, under the ultimate supervision of the General Counsel or other senior experienced lawyers in the team, on a wide variety of matters involving cross-border legal risk and regulation, internal investigations, governance, structural matters, investments, business relationships (in particular, with the KPMG member firms) and protection and use of the organisation’s brand.
Some international travel may be required.
Qualification, Skills and Experience required
We are looking for a qualified lawyer, of approximately 5 years PQE (or equivalent, if not UK qualified), with significant experience advising on corporate matters in areas such as governance and structural matters, investments (including equity and debt), acquisitions, disposals and cross border legal risks and regulations. Some contentious experience or experience advising on significant brand and legal risk matters will be advantageous. All candidates with demonstrable ability to fulfil the role will be considered.
A successful candidate is likely to have or be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent legal technical skills
- Experience of working as part of a legal team in relation to complex cross-border corporate matters. This experience may have been gained at a top law firm or in an equivalent in-house position
- An understanding of business drivers affecting, and legal, regulatory and business risks faced by, large global organizations
- Awareness of own strengths and areas for development
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a small, supportive team while taking responsibility for their own work
- Ability to provide clear and pragmatic advice to, and deal confidently with, individuals at all levels
- Ability to deal with people from different cultures in an appropriate way
KPMG’s Major Projects Advisory (MPA) team works with some of the world’s most demanding organisations, helping to crack some of the biggest challenges in Infrastructure.
We focus on:
- Capital Programmes and Portfolios
- Technology-Enabled Transformations
- Progressive Assurance
- Designing and Mobilising Major Projects/Programmes
- Designing, Integrating and Improving Programme Controls
- Advising on the structures and strategies behind Portfolios
- Helping clients to make major Investment Decisions
- Developing Project/Programme/Portfolio management capability within our clients
- Making sure accountable individuals and teams can sleep at night via expert, real-time assurance
As a true market leader, we boast an impressive client base across the commercial and public sectors, delivering lasting results in areas including Central Government, Transport, Energy and the Defence sectors.
On the back of continuing growth, we’re once again investing in our team and boosting our numbers – which means you’ll be joining one of the fastest growing areas of the firm at a time of real significance.
The work is varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do.
We’re small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally – but we’re also part of something much bigger. Alongside 16,000 of the brightest minds in the business. KPMG is a place where you can make an extraordinary difference without having to be anybody but yourself.
The things we do are wide-ranging and require plenty of entrepreneurial ability and intellectual curiosity.
Managers in our team are right at the forefront of delivery, and this role requires a breadth of management consulting experience - ideally gained from Infrastructure-related Projects and Programmes, but we’ll happily consider candidates with experience in other relevant fields.
As one of the senior consultants on the ground, you’ll be applying your experience every day, bringing to life tailored solutions for our clients whilst managing important relationships.
It’s a demanding job, but you’ll be well supported by the rest of us. After all, everything we do is a team sport.
Specifically, your day-to-day involves:
- Managing high-performing, multi-disciplinary consulting teams
- Managing the delivery of client-facing work within specialist areas, ensuring new processes and tools are designed with a strong human /end user focus – this includes producing high-quality outputs with serious attention to detail
- Looking after financial aspects of an engagement - ensuring we keep clients informed of costs and time incurred, in addition to raising invoices and recovering fees
- Business development - identifying potential opportunities for new assignments and assisting with bids
- Keeping up to date with specific (technical) developments affecting your work, identifying opportunities for thought leadership and assisting with the development of a KPMG opinion in your specific technical area
- Understanding the broader suite of services offered by KPMG and identifying opportunities to collaborate and design unique solutions for our clients
- Coaching and mentoring your colleagues – both up and down
- Being a role model and living our values
Skills and Qualifications
There is no one-size fits all in MPA; we’re as diverse as the world around us. We hand pick our people because they’re our most important asset – and people pick us because we really mean that.
For this opportunity, we’re looking for candidates with a strong consulting background of between five and seven years’ experience - primarily built around the delivery of major Projects/Programmes.
Your track record should evidence:
- Experience working within a Consulting environment – either for another consultancy or in an advisory role in Industry/Government
- Some experience in at least one our priority markets - Transport, Defence, Energy or Utilities sectors
- In-depth experience of applying Project, Programme and/or Portfolio management – and a passion for the discipline
- A foundation of excellent academics and good career progression to date
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to build and maintain great relationships and a desire to network across our firm
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- A good spread of experience using different software/applications (e.g. Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Oracle P6, Slack, Clarizen)
- Relevant professional certification – e.g. APM PMQ/PPQ; MoP; MSP; PRINCE2
Experience in one of the following areas would also help you stand out – but it’s not essential:
- Delivering targeted business process improvement(s) in relation to capital investment Portfolios and major Projects/Programmes
- Delivering advisory services such as organisational design and governance optimisation
- Working in partnership with clients to shape strategic direction and helping them to go out and implement
- Performance and efficiency improvement
- Enhancing Project and Programme controls
- Assurance and monitoring
- Troubled Project/Programme reviews
One final word from us…
Everybody likes to say they’re different... but we really think we are. We do what we say, and we say what we mean.
We’re hugely proud of what we’ve managed to achieve so far – but we’re only just getting started. We’re looking for people to grow with us and are committed to helping everybody reach their destination, regardless of what that is.
Rapid career progression means that if you show up and you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not just tenure.
And with all the support, training, and development you need, the sky really is the limit.
No matter what skills you bring to our team, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how we make a collective impact, greater than the sum of its parts.
And if this isn’t the role for you but you like what you see, keep in touch. There will be other opportunities to join us.
At Solutions & Digital we help KPMG and hundreds of other organisations around the world to envision and build digital products that empower their employees and serve their customers — all with people, business and technology in mind.
We are human-centred technology advocates, analysts, designers and engineers. Whether we're creating new products or helping a business become more relevant to its customers, people in Solutions & Digital are creators at heart. We find gaps, develop hypotheses and build beautiful ecosystems, inspiring our clients to push the boundaries of what’s possible. From a junior researcher to the head of development we possess a clear vision of the future and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking solutions that solve today’s challenges for a better tomorrow.
Our core competency is the .NET stack (C#, ASP.NET MVC, WebApi) and cutting-edge web client technologies (ReactJS, HTML5). We pride ourselves on delivering highly modular, testable, scalable, SOLID code with continuous integration and deployment to cloud environments. We follow agile methodologies and a Git workflow.
You will be part of our product engineer team and work in multidisciplinary agile teams including product owners, QA engineers, UX designers and business analysts.
We welcome polyglot developers with experience in other stacks (Ruby, Java, Scala) who are happy to bring their experiences on board. As part of our rigorous recruitment process, we’ll thoroughly test your ability to code with peerless precision, quality and clarity.
As a member of the team, you’ll be expected to keep up to date with the tech field. We gladly sponsor certifications and training courses.
You are expected have experience and develop your technical skills within the following areas:
• At least one object orientated programming language, with a willingness to work on other. Cloud development in AWS and/ or Azure, including writing for containers
• Mobile development with Xamarin or Flutter
• Front end development in React (including Node.js integration)
• Software design and architecture: tiered architecture, clean architecture
• Software security
• Content management systems (Umbraco)
• Software testing, performance optimisation and maintenance
• Relational and noSQL database design
You are not expected to be proficient in all of the above, however you should demonstrate a general understanding of the concepts and start to specialise in a couple of key areas.
As a software engineer, you will be expected to:
• Work in small to medium agile teams and lead on sub-projects
• Demonstrate evidence of excellent agile practices
• Demonstrate evidence of disciplined approach to secure code development
• Show effective self-organisation skills
• Be able to mentor junior team members and advise peers
• Actively collaborate with team members from all capabilities
Day to day job tasks
• Create or design workable prototypes
• Create specification and design of system components to meet defined requirements
• Implement user requirements and software designs for a system component
• Maintain and support services
• Identify, explore and implement improvements to services or system components
• Integrate and test components, systems and their interfaces
• Ensure the quality of your implemented solutions (e.g. by testing, code reviews, automated scans)
• Help your technical lead manage deployment pipelines, or implement and manage the deployment pipeline for your system component
• Document your solutions
The KPMG Restructuring practice advises a wide range of businesses that find it increasingly difficult to manage their cost base and meet their financial obligations, including in respect of their pension schemes. Following a number of high profile failures, the management of pension scheme obligations has become a primary concern for all stakeholders (government, corporates and trustees) and, as a result, we have seen a material increase in demand for our advice in this area. Our team is targeting further significant growth over the next few years, leveraging our market leading credentials in this area.
During 2019, our Restructuring team advised on several high profile insolvencies, including a number of retail CVAs, where addressing the business’s pension obligations was a key concern. Over the course of 2019 we provided pensions specific Restructuring advice on corporate transactions with a total value in excess of £5 billion, across a wide range of sectors (Oil & Gas, Defence, Retail, Manufacturing), with clients ranging from Financials Investors and Global Listed Groups through to family owned businesses.
Due to the volatility in pension asset values and the UK population living for longer, pension funding requirements have grown materially in recent years. Further, following several high profile corporate failures, the regulations regarding the funding of pension schemes has become increasingly stringent. As a result, dealing with pensions stakeholders is now seen as a key boardroom issue, and our Restructuring pensions expertise means we liaise with our clients at a boardroom level – often directly with the CEO and / or CFO.
Due to the rapid growth in demand for these services, we are looking for a Manager to join our expanding National team, with this role based in London. Further, it is our expectation that there will be the opportunity for the right candidate to progress over time to an Associate Director grade.
The London Restructuring team comprises over 250 people, led by 24 partners and four associate partners. This specific role would see the successful candidate joining the National Markets London team (approx. 60 people, four partners and one associate partner), with a particular focus on assessing the financial strength of the companies that are responsible for funding defined benefit pension schemes and assessing how much these companies can afford to pay to their schemes to meet their funding requirements.
Our work is hands on – as well as producing concise reports, we are in the boardroom providing direct strategic and negotiation support, and then implementing our recommendations. Applicants should be ready to work in a dynamic, flexible and fast paced environment. The role requires strong accounting analysis, report writing skills and a commercial mind-set.
We work with a wide variety of clients, from small privately owned enterprises through to FTSE 100 and high profile businesses. Applicants should expect to work across all sectors.
Further, this role would also be ideal for candidates looking to work flexibly – we would be more than happy to accommodate a 4 day working week, or working reduced hours across a 5 day working week.
Roles and Responsibilities
To be an effective Manager within the Employer Covenant team, and in this role specifically, you will undertake the following:
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and other key stakeholders during engagements (including trustees, solicitors and actuaries);
• Manage teams of colleagues working on engagements, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple work stream delivery;
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices;
• Appraise situations (which can be challenging & fast developing) and look to develop innovative solutions, assessing options for businesses and/or stakeholders;
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances;
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input;
• Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback;
• Identify opportunities for the wider firm; and
• Involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work.
Qualifications and Skills
Key skills and competencies required:
• Strong commercial and business acumen, with evidence of experience;
• Demonstrable experience in leading work streams, advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders;
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’;
• Desire to build wide advisory expertise and develop knowledge of the team’s offerings;
• Ability to communicate well with operational and financial staff at all levels;
• Good time management and organisational skills, together with the ability to prioritise tasks;
• An ability to produce high quality, detailed and accurate work, and produce concise and creative reports and presentations;
• Enjoy working in a dynamic, flexible and fast paced project environment;
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors;
• Willingness to undertake some travel, albeit this is typically limited to day trips; and
• Strong financial and analytical skills, with relevant accountancy qualification.
Experience and Background
Prior experience of undertaking pensions related work is not essential. Up front training and continuous coaching will be provided.