I'm looking for
Search results for "People Services"
HR Advisory Assistant Manager
Service Line: People
Senior HR Business Partner, Audit (London / Reading)
Service Line: People
Global Mobility Services – Assistant Manager
Service Line: People Services
Return to Tax Programme – People Services – Nationwide
Service Line: People Services
Global Mobility Services Tax Assistant
Service Line: People Services
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our people are extraordinary”.
The People Operations team circa 145 staff provide administrative and advisory support to our UK Business. The operation consists of an HR Shared Services team, HR Technology team and an HR Transformation team. Customer centric, we are consistently looking for ways to exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver.
Context of role As one of the AM’s in the HR Advisory Team you will be responsible for pro-actively managing the service of the HR Advisory Team (HRAT) within your capability group and ensuring that this is consistent across all areas. You will be responsible for shaping how the team work to achieve that work. You will be expected to build key relationships with stakeholders in the business and HR. Your focus will be on the up-skilling of both the managers in the business by proactively educating and training them in HR matters, and the HR Advisory Team to drive the consistent delivery of best practice HR solutions across the team. You will manage a team of HR Advisors and Senior HR Advisors. Working closely with your team and the HR Leads and the HR Business Partners more broadly, you will act as an escalation point for complex ER cases and programmes and play a key role in the continual review of the services HRAT provide, ensuring they are fit for purpose and we have a structure and approach that can deliver against agreed SLAs.
Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
• Act as account manager, working closely with HR Leads, HRBPs as appropriate and PLs to ensure the HRAT model is meeting business requirements;
• Identify key relationships in the business and proactively build them;
• Working closely with the HR Leads, HR Business Partners, PL’s/ BOLS and HR Advisory Team, you will play an active role in shaping how the HRAT fit client needs through a commitment to evolving the model by responding to the business and driving consistency from the centre;
• Proactively ensure we are playing a role in developing performance managers’ (PMs) and Performance Leaders’ (PLs) performance management skills and abilities to manage ER issues in their teams e.g. through training and education.
• Manage escalated complex ER cases from HR Advisors and Senior HR Advisors, including the most challenging of under-performance and absence cases;
• Lead and coordinate complex ER programmes within the business area such as redundancy and TUPE;
• Be an expert in all ER matters and proactively impart this with wider HRAT;
• Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with Employment Law Advisory Team (ELAT), escalating issues as appropriate to an HR Advisory Account Manager before escalation to the relevant CoE or HR Business Partner;
• Proactively coach performance managers (PMs), PLs and Partners on the approach to absence management and the tools to deal with long term/persistent absences – including OH referrals of varying complexity;
• Proactively coach PMs and PLs on the implementation of RPP development plans and advise on how to approach and handle typical and atypical RPP/performance coaching meetings;
• Coach and support PMs and PLs on the performance management process and approaches to give difficult messages.
Reward/Centre of Excellence
• Lead involvement with a specific Centre of Excellence, ensuring HRAT working closely with the HR Business Partners and CofE team to coordinate our role and maximise value we ca add;
• Identify and drive opportunities to be more efficient and consistent and to manage CofE activities from HRAT upwards;
• Be accountable for ensuring that all CofE activities are delivered on time and to a high standard for capability which you provide support;
• Coach and guide team members on agreed approach and principles so they are confident and effective in conveying these appropriate stakeholders;
• Work closely with People Information and other teams to respond to requirements as appropriate for management information. Work closely to understand what role HRAT can and should play.
• Add value to management information by providing analysis and executive summary;
• Review information to identify any trends and identify actions where appropriate.
Contributing to HRAT and People Function
• Share knowledge and experience with wider HRAT e.g. through team meetings;
• Support recruitment for all levels within HRAT;
• Coach team on all aspects of their role;
• Work with HRAT Manager to measure the value of HRAT activities and develop KPIs and SLAs for key processes where appropriate, ensuring that real demonstrable value is being added to the business from HRAT;
• Lead team and work collaboratively with team to further embed the HRAT model and to provide clients with an excellent service; support team members during their busier periods; and take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and streamline the quality of HRAT work;
• Identify training needs and work with HRAT Manager on HRAT training curriculum;
• Work with HRAT Manager to establish career development programmes from E2 to D1 and D1 to D2 and support team through these programmes;
• Performance manage team; hold ongoing open and honest conversations about performance;
• Support the documentation of all best practice HRAT processes;
• Take part in and contribute to KPMG wide projects;
• Take part in functional projects supporting the HR Business Partners.
You will be able to demonstrable experience in the key components of the role. This is typically underpinned by a minimum of five years’ experience in a fast moving, responsive HR team.
You will also ideally have experience of managing people and coaching/mentoring others.
Skills and Experience
It is expected that you will be CIPD qualified. In addition you will:
• Have a proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
• Have a proven ability to work to deadlines and work without supervision;
• Have a proven ability to influence and challenge others and drive change;
• Have excellent people management skills and a strength and passion for developing others;
• Possess strong problem solving and facilitation skills;
• Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
• Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
• Have excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and SAP or equivalent HR system.
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
•Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
•Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
•Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
•Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
•Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
•Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
•Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
•Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
•Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
•Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
•Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
•Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
•Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
•Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
•Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
•Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
•Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
•Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
•Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
•Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
•Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
•Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
•Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
•Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
•Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
•MI, e.g., Attrition.
•Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
•Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
•Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
•Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
•Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
•Quality and timeliness of advice.
•Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
•Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
•Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
•Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
•Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
•Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
•Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
•Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
•Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
•Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
•Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
•Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
•Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
•Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
•Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
•Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
•Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
•Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and Powerpoint).
•Performance Group Leader.
•Partners in Performance Group.
•Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
•Performance Leaders (PL).
•This role reports to the HR Lead.
We are looking to recruit at Assistant Manager level in our Leeds office. The role will involve working on a range of clients and projects and offers excellent career progression opportunities. You will immediately be involved in the day to day delivery of exceptional client service and will have the opportunity to develop and manage client relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
Global Mobility Services (Expat Tax)
• Contributing to the efficient and successful delivery of GMS tax services to our clients
• Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
• Preparing client advice
• Management of compliance processes for international assignees
• Preparation/review of hypothetical tax and tax equalisation calculations
• Maintaining good relationships with clients
• Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on relevant tax developments
• Advising on risk issues relevant to client and assisting in mitigating these
• Some project management
• Delegation of work to, and training of junior staff, where appropriate
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
• Qualified ATT, CTA or appropriate experience
• Global Mobility / Expatriate tax experience (other relevant tax experience will also be considered for the right candidates)
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks effectively
• Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class service for our clients by working closely with colleagues
• High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
• Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
Our Tax, Pensions & Legal Services practice has designed a return to work programme to target qualified Tax professionals who are looking for flexibility, allowing them to balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out from work and are now looking for opportunities to return to a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Tax will support individuals in roles that are structured around agile working arrangements, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. We have roles across several KPMG UK office locations, or, for the right person we can consider remote home based working.
The key to providing agile working for our team is making sure it works for both our clients and you. To that end we’ve developed a range of working patterns to help balance your commitments. As well as the traditional part time offering, we have people that spread their work across the year with annualised contracts and people who mix office and remote working patterns.
We will offer successful candidates support with getting up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing their technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. They will receive ongoing support in the form of a learning allowance and a working mentor who will be assigned to them from the day they accept their offer. The mentor will arrange regular check-in time to evaluate progress against goals and determine any additional training needs. A buddy will also be available to provide day to day guidance. After 12 months, returners will be invited to apply for a permanent role within KPMG.
KPMG offers a range of benefits to support you and your family including; KPMG Stakeholder Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Accident cover, Group income protection, emergency dependent care, a BeWell confidential health support service, access to a private GP service 24 hours a day, and private medical cover*
* Private medical cover dependent on grade and length of service
Who we are looking for?
• Candidates with ACCA/ACA/CA/CTA/ATT or equivalent qualification
•�Candidates must have experience working in Tax in the last 10 years
• Candidates who have a passion for returning to Tax working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
We are looking for candidates across all grades. You will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior Tax experience and qualifications.
Our aim is to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please apply. You will be required to upload a CV when you apply for this role, however if you do not have a CV or would like to speak to a member of the recruitment team before applying, please request a call back by emailing: ukfmrtw@KPMG.co.uk
We also aim to make the interview process as streamlined as possible so as not to take up too much of your time. If you are invited to interview this will be in your nearest local office and over the course of a day you will have conversations with some of the senior members in our team. Following this, we will endeavor to provide you with feedback from these conversations and an offer, if you are successful, within maximum one week.
We are looking for a tax Assistant /Associate to join our National Markets’ Global Mobility Services (GMS) team in our office in Bristol. GMS is a fundamental part of the People Services group and is currently enjoying accelerated growth and numerous exciting opportunities.
- Manage a wide variety of clients and lead the junior team on your clients
- Maintain and lead strong relationships with clients
- Take ownership for finances and billing
- Being the day to day contact for allocated clients, supported by a strong team
- Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on Global Mobility Services (GMS) developments
- Helping to advise clients on GMS issues, helping ensure they function smoothly and effectively
- Working with companies of all sizes, including many house hold name clients
- Project management of advisory projects carried out for clients
- Be involved in all aspects of cross border advisory - covering tax, Social Security, process, policy and efficiencies
- Get involved in business development/proposals
- Managing and coaching of staff
Qualifications and Skills
- ATT qualified and strong relevant tax experience
Experience and Background
- Comitted and ambitious
- High level personal responsibility and accountability for team work
- Capacity to receive positive, constructive feedback
- Analytical; identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
- Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Motivated by a passion for the international aspects of our work, professional proficiency, and a desire to serve and lead excellent global service teams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) Flexible, positive outlook with a commitment to team working
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Capable of working to deadlines, showing resilience under pressure an ability to apply knowledge to non-routine situations
- You should be able to demonstrate sound professional judgement including the ability to identify issues/concerns and consult where appropriate with more senior staff