I'm looking for
Search results for "Private Client"
Manager - Restructuring - Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Planner/Project Controls Engineer IAG (Assistant Manager)
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Assistant Manager - MPA - Quantity Surveyor
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director - Integration and Seperation
Service Line: Transaction Services
Audit Senior Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Asset Management - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as wellas implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
We are a team of approximately 90 people, led by eight partners and 12 directors.We are looking to grow the team to enhance our delivery capability to support our next phase of growth.
Whilst the team is notaligned to specific sectors, there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants howeverwill be expected to work across all sectors (both in the private and public sector) and situations depending on client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are looking to recruit a Manager to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast movingenvironments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders on engagements (including divisional and functional management at corporates, lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders/investors).
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
• Potential involvement in new productdevelopment or business development activities.
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Strong analysis (including financial modelling and scenario analysis) and report writing skills.
• Strong commercial andbusiness acumen.
• Demonstrable experience in managing client work, ideally with a focus based on stakeholder advisory, turnaround, transformation or IBR assignments.
• An existing professional network of client relationships across corporates, lenders, private equity and/or other stakeholders.
• Demonstrable experience in managing projects and/or own work streams, with the ability to oversee work ofjunior team members and build report with key client stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’ as well as delegate to teams of colleagues.
• Drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude.
• Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may notbe what we are initially expecting.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
Opening Date: Tuesday 30th June 2020
Closing Date: Monday 27th July 2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150
professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading
independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The
group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year
(Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London,
Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national
basis, operating under a single national team.
You will be joining a team of experts with deep industry
experience in major projects and programmes delivery. As an Associate/Assistant Manager you will support
our Major Projects Advisory Integrated Controls' practice in the delivery of
high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients including
government agencies, contractors, industry associations, developers, investors
and asset managers, by bringing planning, scheduling and project controls expertise
to the team.
Description of the role:
- Carry out planning reviews and advising clients on appropriateplanning techniques and good practice.
- Working with clients to develop overarching project orprogramme plans and integrated strategic schedules.
- Support in carrying out the maturity assessments ofclients' planning capability and providing recommendations on improvement areas.
- Carry out schedule forensic analysis to determine delay causations.
- Perform schedule modelling and scenario based analysis.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative schedule riskassessments using industry-led tools.
- Perform quality assurance and audit of schedules.
- Play a supporting role in business developmentinitiatives, including presentations, client meetings, and contributing to practice development initiatives.
Leadership & Management:
The role involves managing people to drive an output and
may involve managing direct reports internally and/or within the client
Stakeholders Interactions & Challenges
The role will be
expected to work across KPMG functions as well as with clients, and will be
required to build and maintain strong relationships by working collaboratively
and effectively managing these relationships.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The candidate will represent KPMG in front of clients,
our values need to be aligned and our ways of working to be inclusive well
represented. Failure of the candidate to
uphold our values could damage client relationship and/or impact on repeat opportunities.
- Subject matter expert in project planning and scheduling.
- Experience across major infrastructure project development and delivery in the public and private sectors.
- Solid project controls/project engineering and/or risk management experience.
- A Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree with preference in Engineering
- Understanding of operating models, policies, procedures and governance to support successful programme and project delivery.
- Experience in Transport, Defence or Energy sector
Technical role requirements:
- Advance Microsoft Office
- Primavera P6, MS Project
- Primavera Risk Analysis
- Acumen Fuse Analysis
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to bring complex concepts to life fornon-specialist audience
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniquesand knowledge
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
The Major Projects Advisory practice is a global practice within KPMG, working in USA, Australia, South Africa, India and the Middle East. The UK practice is well established with a team of circa 40 people who work mainly in the UK but also on overseas assignments. Our focus is on major capital projects for public and private sector clients in the following sectors:
· Natural resources
· Power and utilities
· Oil, gas and process engineering
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities
The MPA team in the UK are based in London, Birmingham and Manchester. This role will be based in London but may require frequent travel to client locations throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
The role is for an Assistant Manager level Quantity Surveyor with a good level of experience and understanding of commercial management and the project controls services for major construction projects.
The role requires a reasonable level of post-qualification experience with the following attributes:
· Have a good understanding of the issues that impact project performance
· Ability to quickly assess new situations and data to provide a basis for developing an understanding of the causative issues
· Set out a clear approach to tackling a new project issue in the most efficient manner
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Capable of articulating effective solutions to project issues base on own knowledge and experience
· Clear, concise, fact-based report writing
· Understanding of standard industry contractual forms
· Achieved or working towards RICS or similar professional qualification
· Competent in producing and assessing project commercial reports
In addition to the above, experience in some of the following areas would also be of benefit to the candidate in the environment that we work in:
· Project management
· Project Controls
· Earned value management
· Risk management
· Programme management
· Claims, disputes, dispute avoidance
· Governance and control of projects
In addition to the technical requirements of the role we also expect the right candidate to:
· Be capable of working alone or in a team
· Provide appropriate advice to clients and manage client relationships
· Maintain your requirements for continuing professional development
· Assist with business development
· Coach and mentor staff where appropriate
KPMG's Integration & Separation Advisory Team works with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal Integration and Separation issues related to M&A or similar transactions. There are a number of key proposition areas:
- Synergy evaluation – understanding the potential benefits and costs of a transaction.
- Pre-completion planning – developing high level plans for the first 100 days by workstream, setting up programme governance and developing Day 1 plans to take control.
- First 100 days and long term integration implementation – fully mobilised integration team with a prioritised set of opportunities and realisation of quick wins.
Demerger and Separation – understanding the separation options and giving assistance to deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 with value preserved and business continuity ensured
- Joint Ventures and partnerships design and implementation support
We work closely alongside our colleagues within KPMG's Deal Advisory who conduct financial, commercial and operational due diligence and a wide range of Deal Advisory services (Valuations, M&A Tax, Capital markets Advisory services etc.) providing an integrated and value-adding service to our clients to help make their transactions successful.
We work regularly on 'front page headline' deals for a client base comprising a wide range of publicly listed corporates, private companies, private equity houses and public sector organisations.
The Associate Director Role
The role will have 5 distinct core parts to it which are Client Delivery, Risk Management, Business Development, Practice Development and Leadership within the team (on a project).
The role of an AD is about leading an Integration or Separation engagement at deal pace and delivering high quality client work alongside senior client stakeholders. Working in a transaction environment which may be pre or post deal, and can range from early planning, developing summary or fully detailed and costed “blueprint plans”, planning for D1, planning post deal implementation, and ultimately supporting execution. Including:
- Producing and overseeing development of the initial and final draft updates, outputs and deliverables to required timescale and ahead of Partner / Director review
- Leading client interactions and updates around the deliverables and outputs of an Integration or Separation engagement
- Understanding of the operations of a business across all functional areas, and understanding the interdependencies between organisations and the transaction workstreams
- Project managing across the entire separation/integration programme/a number of different workstreams on such programme
- Closely working with a respective Director/Partner on an engagement developing engagement strategy, budget, delivery plan etc.
- Leading any wider KPMG teams on an engagement in accordance with scope agreed with the respective Director/Partner
The role foresees that the respective individual understands and adheres to KPMG engagement quality and risk management procedures and guidelines. Those guidelines need to be consistently applied on each engagement to protect the interests of our clients as well as KPMG
Business and practice development:
- As an AD in the core I&S team the individuals are expected to actively contribute to developing pitches, proposals and external market initiatives which help us to win new work as well as look out and help to convert new opportunities on existing engagements
- From a practice development perspective all Associate Directors in the core team are supporting initiatives which help us to become more skilled as a team and improve our team performance. Those initiatives range from Knowledge Management to People related initiatives
- An AD is expected to bring respective experience in managing large scale integrations and separation in order to be able to assume leadership role in regard to clients and our own teams
- As an AD typically performs one of the leading roles on an engagement, her/his role on an engagement is seen as a leadership role modelling right behaviours to the team
- An AD is expected to be challenging our people to be curious and innovative on all engagements and internal work and supportive for each other. At the same time ensuring that all outcomes are commercially focussed, value adding and effectively executed
- Experience working within a Deals/M&A environment ideally within the Integration & Separation space and in a broader role with a solid understanding of operational interdependencies and implementation challenges
- Ideal candidate would have previous experience in consulting as well as industry. The latter preferably in the M&A/Business Development team with the focus on originating and executing deals up until the operational implementation is completed
- Project/programme management experience ideally from working on complex/large scale projects
- An understanding of the market drivers, challenges and opportunities impacting our client’s strategies and priorities, enabling them to position solutions and ideas which take these into account
- Possess a genuine interest in building and commercialising relationships having the ability to interact with our clients on a consultative manner as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrate curiosity and innovation, striving for continuous improvement, exercising professional judgement and making a positive and lasting impact
- Commitment and ambition to develop personally and professionally to achieve their full potential, acting as a role model, coach and colleague to other team members.
- Individuals should be comfortable working in the high pressured yet often ambiguous and flexible conditions that characterise transactions.
Expected basic skills:
- Previous exposure to integration/Separation projects throughout the life cycle of a transaction (from origination to implementation)
- Financial awareness
- Presentation (oral and written)
- Good client relationship skills
- Analysis and problem solving
- Report writing
- Strong team player - we pride ourselves on the way we work with and support each other.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate personal impact, flexibility, drive and commitment.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team and will benefit from extensive training, professional development and performance management to help you meet your professional goals.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Asset Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UKs. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the Investment Management department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience
- Extensive external audit experience in the Asset Management sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Investment Management expertise
- Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
- Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
- Experience working on tenders preferable, though not essential
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Diagnostic Services
- Maturity Assessments, Systems Audit, Benchmarking, Penetration Assessment
- Governance, Policy & Strategy, Valuation
- Asset operating Models, Asset Information, Lifecycle Delivery, Asset Risk siness’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
As an Associate Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for
- Developing the Asset Management Advisory business capabilities and experience.
- Leading on client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and manage the use and development of the AM tools and methodologies.
- Engaging with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Managing the teams and delivery of work to clients, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high.
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Building relationships and identifying opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients helping to convert opportunities for new assignments
- Helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments
assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
We are looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. It is likely that they will have been involved with the development of PAS 55 or ISO55,000 standards or developed AM approaches for Infrastructure business’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
- Asset management policy and strategy
- Assessing and managing asset management risks
- Asset management information and knowledge
- Dual Qualified & accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience.
- Life-cycle decision-making
- Developing asset management plans
- Managing asset lifecycle activities
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence or Power sectors
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Demand forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.