I'm looking for
Search results for "Private Client"
Assistant Manager - Private Client
Service Line: Private Client
Return to Tax Programme – Private Client – Nationwide
Service Line: Private Client
Private Client Tax Senior Manager - Cambridge / Norwich
Service Line: Private Client
Private Equity Deals - Manager
Service Line: Corporate Tax
Associate Director, Transaction Services, Private Equity Group
Service Line: Transaction Services
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an advisory role requiring an Assistant Manager with significant previous private client experience. You will need to be comfortable with managing your time from working on many projects at once to supporting more senior colleagues with business development. This is not a portfolio role.
More specifically your responsibilities will include:
•Ensuring the delivery of a high quality personal tax service to our clients;
•Being able to provide personal tax advice on a wide range of assignments including inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax;
•Providing advice on a range of transactions including pre-sale structuring, corporate reorganisations and demergers;
•Providing original and creative thinking to solve tax problems, frequently leading to providing wholly bespoke tax advice and solutions on one-off assignments;
•Project managing tax advisory assignments to ensure deadlines, risk management and compliance procedures are all met;
•Managing work in progress and ensuring prompt billing and cash collection;
•Overseeing the performance and career development of partly and newly qualified staff.
•Taking an instrumental role in delivering high quality advice consulting where appropriate but taking full ownership of the client deliverable.
Qualifications and Skills
•Qualified accountant or tax specialist with experience of working in a similar environment with exposure to varied advisory assignments.
•Academically strong results in career to date coupled with a deep technical understanding of the issues facing private clients.
•Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and constructively at a variety of levels with clients, their other professional advisors and colleagues.
•A keen and insightful understanding of the issues facing clients and an ability to deliver bespoke tax solutions to meet their needs.
•Strong project management skills.
•An ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
•A commitment to clients, colleagues and KPMG.
•The role may suit a particularly high performing Assistant Manager keen to progress or, more likely, an individual with established advisory experience looking to join a dynamic and entrepreneurial team.
Our Tax, Pensions & Legal Services practice has designed a return to work programme to target qualified Tax professionals who are looking for flexibility, allowing them to balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out from work and are now looking for opportunities to return to a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Tax will support individuals in roles that are structured around agile working arrangements, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. We have roles across several KPMG UK office locations, or, for the right person we can consider remote home based working.
The key to providing agile working for our team is making sure it works for both our clients and you. To that end we’ve developed a range of working patterns to help balance your commitments. As well as the traditional part time offering, we have people that spread their work across the year with annualised contracts and people who mix office and remote working patterns.
We will offer successful candidates support with getting up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing their technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. They will receive ongoing support in the form of a learning allowance and a working mentor who will be assigned to them from the day they accept their offer. The mentor will arrange regular check-in time to evaluate progress against goals and determine any additional training needs. A buddy will also be available to provide day to day guidance. After 12 months, returners will be invited to apply for a permanent role within KPMG.
KPMG offers a range of benefits to support you and your family including; KPMG Stakeholder Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Personal Accident cover, Group income protection, emergency dependent care, a BeWell confidential health support service, access to a private GP service 24 hours a day, and private medical cover*
* Private medical cover dependent on grade and length of service
Who we are looking for?
• Candidates with ACCA/ACA/CA/CTA/ATT or equivalent qualification
• Candidates must have experience working in Tax in the last 10 years
• Candidates who have a passion for returning to Tax working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
We are looking for candidates across all grades. You will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior Tax experience and qualifications.
Our aim is to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please apply. You will be required to upload a CV when you apply for this role, however if you do not have a CV or would like to speak to a member of the recruitment team before applying, please request a call back by emailing: ukfmrtw@KPMG.co.uk
We also aim to make the interview process as streamlined as possible so as not to take up too much of your time. If you are invited to interview this will be in your nearest local office and over the course of a day you will have conversations with some of the senior members in our team. Following this, we will endeavor to provide you with feedback from these conversations and an offer, if you are successful, within maximum one week.
The role entails working with entrepreneurial businesses, shareholder owned companies and high net worth individuals providing advice and overseeing compliance services.
In particular the responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the delivery of a high quality personal tax service to our clients
• Managing a portfolio of more complicated clients, including partnerships, and being able to provide personal tax advice on a wide range of assignments including inheritance tax, capital gains tax and particularly identifying opportunities to advise your portfolio of clients in relation to these taxes
• Providing original and creative thinking to solve tax problems, frequently leading to providing wholly bespoke tax advice and solutions on one-off assignments
• Project managing tax advisory and transaction support assignments to ensure deadlines, risk management and compliance procedures are all met
• Managing work in progress and ensuring prompt billing and cash collection
• Overseeing the performance and career development of more junior staff
• Qualified accountant or tax advisor with experience working with entrepreneurial businesses or tax specialist with prior experience of working in a similar environment with exposure to varied advisory assignments.
• Academically strong results in career to date coupled with a deep technical understanding of the issues facing private clients
• A keen and insightful understanding of the issues facing clients and an ability to deliver bespoke tax solutions to meet their needs
• An ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
• High level of analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
• Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to create new business from clients and prospective clients of the firm
• A commitment to clients, colleagues and KPMG
It is accepted that applicants may need support with their development in some areas depending on their background and previous experience.
Working in the KPMG London M&A Tax Group and focus specifically on providing tax advice in connection with UK and international transactions. We work alongside our clients and our colleagues in Transaction Services on transactions typically ranging in size from £10m upwards, providing tax structuring and tax due diligence services. The team works across all sectors ranging from financial services, infrastructure, consumer industrial markets and private equity.
This role involves working on a range of projects and clients. The work includes:
- Providing tax structuring and tax due diligence advice on a wide range of transactions
- Co-ordinating the advice provided by other overseas KPMG teams and other tax skillsets
- Working closely with colleagues in Transaction Services
- Developing and leading client relationships clients and the KPMG teams (TS, tax specialist and overseas teams)
- Assisting with carrying out detailed technical research
- Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services (management incentives, VAT, TP)
- Being involved in business development activity
We are looking for people who are keen to work in an environment that offers plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development. Whilst working with us you will broaden your project management and technical skills and your commercial acumen. You will also have the opportunity to work with many talented people within the KPMG global network, the financial community and other professional advisers. There is also some opportunity for overseas travel in light of the nature of our work.The person best suited to a role is someone who is bright, driven, confident and has good communication skills.
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Good UK corporate tax knowledge and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to lead and drive projects forward
- Task management skills
- Ability to build client relationships.
- Ability to build teams and develop as a coach and lead staff
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle. Within this structure, the Private Equity Transaction Services Team (PE TS) team comprises c.60 professionals focused on both mid-market and LBO houses, working predominantly on financial due diligence projects across buy side, sell side, IPOs and refinancing projects.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions in the private equity market we are continuing to expand the size of our team and have a need to recruit multiple Associate Directors in order support the growth of our PE TS business.
Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record as engagement leaders, Associate Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice:
Individuals will be required to structure and lead multiple large, complex work streams in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments.
Build, commercialise and sustain relationships with top management team members for the benefit of the Firm, developing PE-TS propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients.
Provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client. This advice will be provided throughout a transaction and take the form of both oral and written advice. You will advise clients about the transaction process, SPA completion mechanics as well as providing general commentary of the findings of our work.
Demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. You will manage and actively assist in the development of others.
Responsible for the delivery of client facing projects by being part of the transaction fieldwork team, being a day to day point of contact for senior client contacts for matters relating to our work.
Identify and manage risks, ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
Delivering quality services by monitoring and delivering high quality service to clients (both internal and external). Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
Skill and Qualifications
Financial qualifications ACA or ACCA (or equivalent)
Experience of leading and managing buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence projects
Experience of working with Private Equity clients
Extensive experience in client facing project management
Proven experience of building commercial relationships with Private Equity clients for the benefit of your existing employer.
Experience in the development of PE-TS propositions and asset opportunities with Private Equity clients.
Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
Excellent written and oral communication
Opening date: 29 July 2019
Closing date: 26 August 2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits