I'm looking for
Search results for "Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM)"
Manager - Non Life Actuarial
Service Line: FRM
Associate Director - Head of Technology Enabled Procurement
Service Line: Financial Management
GI Actuarial Assistant Manager- London/Manchester
Service Line: FRM
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Legal Counsel (Senior Manager/Senior Counsel)
Service Line: QRM
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
To manage and develop external client relationships though direct business development activity and internal people/resource management. This will be achieved through:
• Leading client engagement teams and in some instances working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG
• Reserving for clients in the Lloyd’s / London Market, including for Lloyd’s Statements of Actuarial Opinion and Solvency II Technical Provisions
• Winning new business through marketing and sales activities
• Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences
• Contributing to the development of new products and services
• Sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to the development of the team
• Marketing and raising the profile of KPMG
• A willingness to undertake travel will be required on occasion
• Multiple IFRS 17 impact assessments which have also led to IFRS17 implementation projects.
• Statements of Actuarial opinion
• Pricing assurance projects
• Providing assistance to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions
• Helping Companies with their capital models and advising on capital planning
• Provision of actuarial expertise to support our Audit colleagues
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate is expected to be a qualified actuary.
• The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions.
• Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard that are ready for final review, with a complete and comprehensive audit trail.
• Lloyd’s / London Market reserving or pricing experience
• Knowledge of the workings of the Lloyd’s market will be advantageous
• The ability to develop productive relationships that bring in business
• Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
• Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
• Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
• Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
• Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
• A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
Candidates with any of the following skills would be considered favourably:
• Modelling (eg Igloo, ReMetrica);
• Programming (eg VBA, .NET);
• Must be flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
• Experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment are both equally advantageous
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most Procurement transformation programmes demand technology support, and every successful Procurement technology programme involves some ground-breaking activity.
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consulting practice, we’re working with Financial Services clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding procurement technologists to join us, grow with us, and develop our Procurement Technology delivery capability, driving our strategy through large-scale Procurement Cloud Technology transformation. Part of a developing team in Financial Services that will become our ‘go to’ for Procurement Technology, you will play a key role in the growing of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes. At its core, this is a real opportunity to build our technology delivery team and influence within a fast-growing business area. To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus. You’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping Financial Services clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to encourage confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Procurement Technology solutions including but not limited to Coupa, Ivalua, Basware and/or SAP Ariba.
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a proven track record of selling, procurement technology projects. In particular we are looking for individuals who have led procurement technology strategy programmes, software selection projects and Source-to-Pay implementations.
We are seeking a talented individual with experience of Procurement Cloud implementation. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, practice leadership and client delivery. The role reports into the Director of Powered Procurement.
• Understand demand, identify and unlock client opportunities for Powered Procurement in Financial Services by providing the technology expertise to build compelling market propositions
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market
• The ability to build strong relationships at senior levels (c-suite), and a strong existing network
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others
• Sales and Business Development
• Leadership and relationship building
• A Technology professional with a proven track record of successful delivery of technology solutions in a consulting environment
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of partners in the organisation
• Excellent People Leadership
• Strong network in Financial Services Procurement
• Drive and resilience
• Presentation skills
• A track record of client delivery, innovation and procurement transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis
UK based. Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time (UK, Europe and internationally), so will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
We are seeking additional Assistant Managers to continue to support the length and breadth of actuarial based services, in the areas listed above and beyond
The ideal candidate will be able to assist the engagement team on any of our core propositions, namely: reserving; capital; and pricing projects.
•Calculation of reserves, using different assumptions, by applying a variety of actuarial techniques:
• Ability to review reporting outputs.
• Ability to use existing knowledge of reporting and apply to the UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, FCA Returns
• Assist in completing due diligence in advance of transactions
•Ability to perform basic actuarial calculations such as loss ratios and IBNR
•Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
•Providing technical input to a number of projects
•Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
•Drafting reports and presentations.
•Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input
•The successful candidate may be required to manage small teams.
•As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team's work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
•Maintain a strong record of progress in the actuarial examinations.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
•Nearly qualified Actuary, with significant practical actuarial experience
•Significant experience of working in a non-life consultancy along with Audit, Validation and stress testing experience would be helpful.
•Experience in reserving a key requirement as well as experience in pricing and capital
•Experience of preparing benchmarks
•Experience of working in a financial services firm
•Experience of working in an emerging market
•Have a strong network base across UK and emerging markets.
•Strong Excel skills.
•Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
•Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
•proficient in SAS
•Knowledge of Solvency II pillars, particularly the quantitative requirements Lloyd’s market experience;
•Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
•A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
•Flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
We are looking for a lawyer specializing in technology of at least 7 years p.q.e. to join KPMG’s legal team based either London or Reading
KPMG LLP and the OGC Commercial team
KPMG LLP is the UK member of the KPMG network of professional services firms. The OGC Commercial team support KPMG’s client facing legal requirements and is part of the UK Office of General Counsel.
We are seeking an experienced technology lawyer to work as part of our collegiate team. The role involves advising KPMG partners and senior stakeholders on a wide range of legal, risk and commercial issues relating to a broad range of professional services with a focus on complex technology contracts.
The successful applicant will be involved in the following:
• advising, drafting and negotiating technology and framework agreements with major clients, strategic alliances and customer provided contracts;
• creating standard terms for new technology offerings;
• advising senior KPMG stakeholders on commercial, risk and contractual issues within a complex, regulatory environment;
• assisting with the development and training of our offshored legal support team;
• providing ad hoc support on a variety of other contractual agreements including RFPs, engagement letters, confidentiality and other agreements;
• assisting in maintaining the team’s internal know-how and QA processes; and
• providing advice and training to business teams.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• relevant commercial experience (having worked for a professional services firm or in businesses providing varied technology services will be an advantage);
• excellent knowledge of commercial and contract law;
• good negotiating, drafting and people management skills;
• ideally, a track record of working in a regulated environment; and
• commercial awareness and effective risk management skills.
Key personal qualities required are:
• a commitment to high quality work
• the ability to communicate effectively;
• the ability to build relationships and act as a trusted advisor;
• flexibility and willingness to support colleagues.
Salary will be market competitive and KPMG offers an above average benefits package and flexible working arrangements.
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK