I'm looking for
Search results for "Resourcing"
Service Line: Resourcing
Commercial Planning Analyst
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior HRBP - Audit (Birmingham)
Service Line: People
Learning Deployment Specialist - 6 month FTC
Service Line: People
Senior Manager - Claims & Incentives, Tax - Nottingham or Birmingham
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
12 month FTC role.
To provide a professional Resource Management service to the FS Consulting client facing teams, ensuring the efficient and effective utilisation of on and off shore resources.
Resourcing is a critical business function at KPMG. It ensures that organisations have the right people, with the right skills, in the right locations, available at the right time.
Resourcing ensures the effective utilisation and development of on and offshore resource. Its responsibilities range from workforce planning to demand and supply management for client engagements.
Effective Resourcing contributes significantly to KPMG delivering its business performance but also plays a key role in helping individuals at KPMG fulfil their career ambitions.
• Allocation of client facing staff to projects; drawing on robust negotiation skills to resolve conflicts and escalating issues when necessary
• Drive Service Line resourcing across the business by building excellent relationships and making the most of knowledge sharing with the wider team to maximise utilisation by team
• Influencing key stakeholders on resource selection and strategic solutions to achieve maximum utilisation and effective skills / grade mix on projects including increased KGS usage.
• Work with engagement managers to ensure profitability is kept at the forefront of resourcing decisions, and succession planning is taken into account
• Business planning/forecasting i.e. external audit planning for areas supporting audit
• Support Resource Management projects and initiatives where appropriate to support the continuous improvement of the RM function, e.g. career clinics, PL roadshows and MI
• Attending the weekly sales pipeline meetings and flagging to Service Line Leadership any potential resourcing conflicts, challenges and successes
• Visit client sites as appropriate, to allow relationship building with the client facing team / engagement managers, aid forward planning and ensure forecasts are reflected accurately in Retain
• Tracking and understanding of headcount movements working closely with recruitment, HR and PL’s.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with SSLs, PLs and Performance Managers to support resourcing processes and feedback when required on performance management issues
• Developing strong relationships across the wider resourcing community (UK and International); sharing resources across practices where appropriate
• Support the Performance Management of individuals by working closely with Performance Managers to identify the right opportunities for individuals to allow them to grow and develop
• Responsible for the regular promotion of KGS and Graduates within their SSL to maximise
• Liaise with Engagement Leaders to seek feedback on performance and utilise this to enhance development opportunities moving forwards
• Meet and greet all new joiners to introduce Resource Management processes and understand their skills and career aspirations and skills matrices are completed
• Meet with all staff before they complete engagements to ensure mini bios and skills matrices are completed and updated on completion of engagements or at least every 6 months
MI & Reporting
• Reporting on available resources, or those working on non-chargeable activities, escalating issues where appropriate
• Ensuring that Retain is accurate by working closely with their off-shore Resource Administrators
• Analyse resource data and highlight and concerns in periods of peak holiday, training or non-chargeable activities that will impact business performance
• Demonstrating strong commercial awareness when reporting weekly to key stakeholders on MI such as forecast, actual utilisation and lending and borrowing rates, monitoring and investigating discrepancies between the data on a weekly / monthly basis and providing insight to the management team, highlighting any potential concerns of shortfall / over utilisation and any budget challenges
• Provide robust weekly commentaries to support weekly MI and for leadership team awareness.
• Responsible for chasing down and tracking variances between SAP and Retain and that any repeated non-compliance is escalated to the Resource Manager and Service Line Leaders
• Understand and be aware of headcount movement to feed into the Resource Supply Leads
• Contribute relevant management information and feedback where appropriate to PLs for use in moderation meetings for grades B to E within SSL group
• Achieve / exceed Service utilisation targets across the Service Line group in line with business goals / objectives applying insightful resourcing solutions and optimisation.
• Cascade accurate MI reports that support the business in making key strategic decisions in relation to resources / engagements
• Provide robust weekly commentaries on current utilisation rates, MI and resource challenges / successes so the business are kept up to date on current resource situation
• Strong commercial awareness
• A strong team player
• Flexibility and tenacity
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to use initiative and influence key stakeholders / decision makers
• Confident, assertive and resilient and is able to prioritise their workload during busy periods and comfortable to 'push back' and challenge when necessary
• Ability to build a solid understanding of the line of business and sub service line(s) within which they operate and their strategic direction and business plans
• Ability to understand and balance the business goals along with individual's goals
• Ability to build relationships with client facing staff and represent their needs in resourcing decisions
The successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of capacity planning financial models and financial forecasts for multiple engagements. The role will provide analysis of data regarding operations and financial performance to proactively identify performance trends and report these to operations.
The role holder will work with the other members of the team and Operations Management to ensure optimum deployment of operational resource against plans and performance against financial targets. The ability to engage and communicate with stakeholders, including at a senior level is essential.
The role will involve working with several internal functions e.g. Operations Support, Technology Development and multiple Operation engagements within Managed Services, so the ability to proactively build and maintain internal networks will be key to the success of the role.
This in an entry level role so would be best suited to a recent graduate or someone looking for a career change, however all levels of experience will be considered.
• Complete data and statistical analysis to evaluate performance, provide insight, challenge performance and forecast future trends
• Monitor actual performance against plan and make decisions to ensure business objectives are maintained
• Define data requirements for analysis and contribute to the development of tools which capture information
• Develop and maintain financial models which forecast engagement headcount requirements, financial performance and complete "what if" analysis
• Engage with operations to develop knowledge of processes
• Convert financial model outputs into operational plans and targets
• Create engagement reports which summarise performance evaluation, forecasts and highlight risks/areas for concern
• Input to the development and effective reporting of engagement budgets, covering resourcing, costs and expenses to meet commercial objectives and targets
• Contribute to department level financial reporting (P&L)
• Adhere to governance processes and proactively flag issues and potential risks
• Report issues or concern and/or business incidents to Pricing & Planning Lead and/or Senior Leadership
• Build relationships to enhance management of activities across sites
• Degree educated, preferably in Mathematical, Operational Research or Physical Science based subject
• Use of Microsoft Office
• Experience in mathematical modelling using Microsoft Excel
• Budgeting, forecasting and planning experience in an operational environment
• Background in Financial services industry
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of data and statistical analysis methodology
• Attention to detail
• Stakeholder management
• Adherence to governance principles
• Commercial awareness Core Competencies
• Planning & Organisation
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Decision Making
• Commercially Focused
• Creative thinking
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
• Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
• Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
• Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
• Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
• Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
• Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
• Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
• Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
• Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
• Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
• Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
• Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
• Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
• Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
• Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
• Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
• Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
• Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
• Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
• Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
• Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
• Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
• Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
• Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
• MI, e.g., Attrition.
• Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
• Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
• Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
• Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
• Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
• Quality and timeliness of advice.
• Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
• Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
• Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
• Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
• Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
• Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
• Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
• Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
• Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
• Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
• Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
• Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
• Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
• Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
• Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
• Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and Powerpoint).
• Performance Group Leader.
• Partners in Performance Group.
• Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
• People Partner.
• Performance Leaders (PL).
• This role reports to the HR Lead.
- Work closely with Business Learning Partner and Programmes Manager to build a learning plan for year and implement.
- Be responsible for course scheduling and the deployment of a range of Learning programmes working with fellow LDS to determine consistent, efficient deployment processes. Attend large scale events where required.
- Identify population to be trained, writing and sending invitations.
- Secure resources for delivery of individual programmes.
- Work with LDO admin to: confirm learning programme requirements ensuring that you meet their service level agreements; monitor course numbers; check progress of pre and/or post course work.
- Resolve any resourcing and operational issues relating to the deployment of learning programmes. Escalation to occur only once all options have been explored and a potential solution proposed.
- Be responsible for ensuring UK Learning portal is up to date.
- Manage a large budget including monthly cost controls and forecasting and provide finance lead with explanations for variance from budget Consider and make suggestions re the cost effectiveness and value for money of the programmes.
- Review course feedback summary and highlight constructive feedback and make suggestions re possible improvements.
- Answer enquiries from delegates re course suitability and other potential options.
- Attend regular update meetings with relevant Business Learning Partner and/or Programmes.
- Be actively involved in the lead time up to every VC session, ensure that there is a practice session, deal with any problems that arise and on the day support facilitators and learners in the event of issues.
- Providing cover for other people in team when on holiday eg: monitoring inboxes and managing colleagues work load.
- Communicate with the Business ie PL’s to advertise courses.
- Ensure course attendance is monitored closely (if a mandatory training course) to ensure 100% attendance.
- Allocations may change depending on work load.
- Working with Learning deployment operations administrators provide onsite support for high profile events.
- Ensure processes are followed by BLP and other Learning contacts
- Ad-hoc project work
- Coaching and mentoring new team members
Experience and Background
- Experience of organising events (preferable inthe learning area)
-Experience in managing third party suppliers
- Course scheduling and logistics
- Proven attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure
- Be credible and confident building new relationships as well as ability to influence senior stakeholders to make business decisions.
- Committed to delivering a first class quality service
- Flexible approach with the ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and handle tight deadlines
- Experienced and confident in managing a large budget including monthly cost controls and forecasting
Qualifications and Skills
- Project and Programme Management
- Relationship management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Learning deployment operations team colleagues
- Design team
- Learning Business Partners / Programme Managers
- Programme facilitators and SME
KPMG’s National R&D tax relief team is part of our wider Corporate Tax department, where staff have the opportunity to develop relationships with clients, to help develop clients’ tax strategies and help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax claims, computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects and finding ways to manage their effective rate of tax as appropriate to their business.
Our R&D team in the Midlands is looking for a Senior Manager with experience of preparing claims. The role sits in our National Markets Midlands Regions service line, and works with the national R&D Tax practicel to accelerate the growth of our business. You will be required to use your knowledge of R&D tax incentives to help our clients in make claims for R&D Tax relief across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. The role will may involve some travel to attend meetings at client sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
- Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D claims.
- Manage client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
- Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Work with senior staff at our clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
- Deliver comprehensive proposals and taking part in presentations
- Leading complex projects
- Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff.
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Science or technical degree to 2.1 level preferred.
- Experience of preparing R&D claims.
- Tax technical knowledge of the UK’s R&D tax incentives
- Broader knowledge of wider tax issues
- Experience in reviewing preparations and submissions of R&D tax relief claims
- Experience in dealing with and building relationships with senior employees within HMRC.
- Identifies, leads and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own and team’s work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Continuously learns from experiences and encourages this across the team.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities for self and others
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Brings incite and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
- Identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and makes decisions with appropriate consultation
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)