I'm looking for
Search results for "Resourcing"
Learning Deployment Specialist (LDS) KAU
Service Line: People
Manager - People Consulting (Corps BCM/OD)
Service Line: People Consulting
Manager - Deal Analytics
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
Senior HR Advisor
Service Line: People
Change Manager - FTC - 6 Months
Service Line: ExCo and Leadership
Audit Quality is of utmost priority to the Firm. In 2018, the KPMG UK Firm invested in a three day residential event - the KPMG Audit University (KAU) which was to provide Audit refresher training for all auditors of Grade E3 to Partners. The KAU has now become a Business As Usual learning programme with a dedicated team to manage it.
There is a large deployment team responsible for amongst other things; agreeing population, resourcing of facilitators, venue management, material production, budget and day to day logistics of the events following agreed processes adopted across the whole of the deployment team.
Grade: D1 – 9 month secondment
Reporting to: KAU Team Lead
Hours: Full time
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Learning Deployment Specialists (LDS) and Learning Deployment Co-ordinators (LDC) to ensure the successful delivery of the KAU.
- Assist building the project plan, assigning individual roles and timelines. Monitoring progress and escalating concerns to Team Lead.
- Identify population to be trained at each event.
- Working closely with the communications manager to ensure all messaging is consistent and accurate.
- Secure resources for delivery of each event.
- Resolve any resourcing and operational issues relating to the deployment of the KAU. Escalation to occur only once all options have been explored and a potential solution proposed.
- Work with the PM and Team Lead to manage the budget including monthly cost controls and forecasting and explanations for variance from budget Consider and make suggestions re the cost effectiveness and value for money of the KAU.
- Review feedback summary and highlight constructive feedback and make suggestions re possible improvements.
- Establish all material needs.
- Liaise with all external consultants.
- Set up registration and choice site, manage agendas and allocate delegates and presenters to classes.
- Manage a busy mailbox.
- Attend regular update meetings with key contacts.
- Conduct briefings at events and allocate logistical staff to activities.
- Be the main point of contact for hotel, resolving any issues that may arise.
- Ensure course attendance is monitored closely to ensure 100% attendance with weekly reporting on bookings by location.
- To provide onsite support at a number of events running from May through to November from Sunday lunchtime through to Friday late afternoon)
- Ensure processes are followed by project team.
Experience and Background
- Experience in project management of learning events
- Experience in managing third party suppliers
- Proven attention to detail with the ability to work under pressure
- Be credible and confident building new relationships as well as ability to influence senior stakeholders to make business decisions.
- Committed to delivering a first class quality service
- Flexible approach with the ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and handle tight deadlines
- Experienced and confident in managing a budget including monthly cost controls and forecasting
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative.
Qualifications and Skills
- Project and Programme Management
- Relationship management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good Microsoft office skills
- Key Relationships
- Learning deployment operations team colleagues
- Project Manager
- Audit Quality Transformation Project Team Lead
- Learning Business Partners / Programme Managers
- Programme presenters and Subject Matter Experts.
- Programme Manager
- Communications Manager
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Successful candidates will be expected to undertake these activities as part of their job role:-
- Scoping, resourcing and project management of multiple Change Management workstreams within a complex transformation programme
- Management of a team of consultants, between 2-5 people, to deliver project activities, likely to include a mix of onshore and offshore team members
- Leading the development of assets to support the delivery of Change Management interventions, as scoped with the client
- Accountable for project hygiene items such as delivery against budget, billing and fees, and scope management
- Providing specialist and technical Change Management input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of project deliverables
- Coaching clients and colleagues on the importance of effective Change Management and executing interventions with confidence
- Contribution to the conversion of Change Management sales and business development by preparing proposal documentation and presenting as part of competitive teams at orals.
REQUIRED QUALIFCATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate first-hand experience in designing and delivering the following Change Management analysis and interventions :
- Stakeholder analysis, engagement and management tactics
- Case for change agreement and leadership alignment
- Communication and engagement strategy, planning and delivery
- Change Risk and Impact assessment and management
- Change leadership assessment, gap analysis, implementation planning and delivery
- Culture assessment, gap analysis, implementation planning and delivery
- Change Plan development and implementation
- Change Metrics identification, assessment and management
- Digital change tool deployment and implementation
- Post graduate level qualifications CIPD, Occupational psychology or MBA
Opening date: Monday 7th October
Closing date: Monday 4th November
Multiple positions are available
Competitive salary and negotiable bonus and benefits
The Data & Analytics Team (or Strategic Profitability Insights, SPI team) works with KPMG Deal Advisory (Corporate Finance, Transaction Services and Value Creation) teams to deliver value-add insights on the fundamentals of a Target business. We are looking to hire multiple Managers into our Deal Analytics team.
Our team uses a combination of Alteryx, Tableau, and proprietary software to produce the aforementioned analyses in an efficient and effective manner. The deal teams and Targets we serve are routinely impressed with the speed at which we can create robust analysis. For example, we can understand, at a transactional level, what is driving businesses, often in 1-2 weeks, working with datasets in the tens of millions.
You will be joining a fast-growing team within Deal Advisory that is driving value for our clients using data-enabled solutions. So what’s that actually mean?
Our team works on a variety of engagements across industries, and the analytics required will vary by engagement. The list of analyses below, therefore, is just a sample of what we produce, and our product offering is ever-expanding.
Using transactional, public, and private datasets, the team deliver insights on customers, products, and other categories regarding:
- Profitability drivers
- Customer/Product lifetime value
- Concentration risk
- Effectiveness and impact of strategic decisions
- Wallet share
- Feasibility of meeting financial goals
Given the small, entrepreneurial nature of the team, you will also help on ad hoc tasks for the team. These requests vary widely in nature and will include developing and leading internal trainings, assisting the risk management process, staffing and resourcing, client pitches, and networking events.
· Uncover insights quickly and accurately by collecting, processing and analysing raw data obtained from a target to give transaction and strategic deliverables a boost
· Utilise a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client
· Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into a structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans
· Manage several deal deliverables across multiple deals
· Manage staff on your engagements to provide real time feedback and guidance to client and diligence providers to help ensure timely and efficient product delivery
· Train staff on relevant engagement analyses and industry KPIs
· Develop operational protocol for offshore teams and work closely with research team to support analysis
· Utilise non-chargeable time to network, attend trainings, and develop and implement new analytical approaches (by industry where applicable)
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Significant experience with Data analytics within a Deals environment
· Experience in public accounting, advisory, financial audit, mergers & acquisitions, transaction services, strategy consulting or equivalent
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
· Experience in project management including: planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
· Strong critical thinking skills, including “investigative” mind-set
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel skills, especially pivot tables, shortcuts and macros
· Knowledge of database systems, research tools, and accounting analysis
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to thoroughly yet concisely explain:
- Technical concepts and analytics-driven findings within a Deals environment
- Business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to non-technical resources
Opening date: 23 October 2019
Closing date: 20 November 2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Working in the HR Advisory Team (HRAT) you will have responsibility for providing business focused and best practice HR support to a designated area of the business. You will act as the key contact point for all HR matters for People Leaders (PL’s) in your business area, taking ownership of all employee relations cases of varying complexity.
You will be perceived as a credible and commercial business advisor. You will work with the HR Business Partners and wider HRAT to deliver HR calendar activities and support strategic priorities, working collaboratively across the People function to provide a seamless and first class HR service.
As a member of the HR Advisory team, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times and be seen as a role model to your client groups and team. As a Senior Advisor you will be expected to use your initiate and take the lead during key calendar activities and team discussions; this includes supporting your HRAT Assistant Manager and providing additional guidance and support to your HR Advisor colleagues, to ensure any of the key deliverables are met.
Roles and responsibilities
• Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders – including clients in the business, the HR Business Partner teams and the Centres of Excellence (CoEs);
• Proactively work to up-skill performance managers (PMs) and PLs in HR matters;
• Work as part of a virtual team with the HR Business Partner Teams and Centres of Excellence to deliver excellent client service.
• Resolve straightforward and complex people issues to deliver commercially pragmatic outcomes, escalating as appropriate;
• Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with Employment Law Advisory Team (ELAT), escalating issues as appropriate to an HR Advisory Account Manager before escalation to the relevant CoE or HR Business Partner;
• Have a good degree of competency in applying employment law, keeping up to date with changes and legal advancements.
• Support PLs with HR policy and process e.g. Intelligent working requests, relocation;
• Advise on disciplinary, grievance and performance issues – including exam training failures;
• Design and draft non-standard correspondence;
• Evidence an advanced degree of absence management knowledge. Providing advice to performance managers (PMs), PLs and Partners and the tools to deal with long term/persistent absences – including OH referrals. Coach PMs and PLs on return to work conversations;
• Be the expert point of contact for PMs and PLs for Performance Management issues. Support the implementation of RPP development plans and advise on how to approach and handle typical and atypical RPP/performance coaching meetings;
• Coach and support PMs and PLs on the performance management process and approaches to give difficult messages;
• Understand, support and educate the business on correctly managing redundancies and forced exits.
• Scribe for disciplinary/grievance panel meetings.
• Build overview and demonstrate a good understanding of the entire S&B review; including the budgetary process; the firm’s reward philosophy; and the numerous roles of leadership, the Compensation team, HRBPs, PLs and HRAT throughout the various stages of the process.
• Produce timely management information to inform salary and bonus decisions;
• Assist with surveying and benchmarking of salaries against internal and external comparators;
• Advise the business on the principles and the core business wide approach to be applied to salary and bonus review;
Resourcing and Talent Management
• Advise on administration processes for opportunity led and annual promotions.
• Manage co-ordination of the promotion selection process;
• Work closely with PLs and Recruitment team to identify solutions to resourcing needs, contributing where possible to a smooth candidate experience.
• Evidence some understanding of succession and pipeline planning including building development plans, setting goals and adhering to budget within their relevant business area.
• Conduct exit interviews where requested;
• Work closely with People Information team to respond to requirements for management information including staff movements, recruitment rates, KPIs, talent and exit analysis;
• Add value to management information by providing analysis and executive summary;
• Review information to identify any trends and identify actions where appropriate.
• Have the ability to present this information in a user friendly and professional format
Contributing to HRAT and the People function
• Coach less experienced colleagues and new joiners on key policies, processes and approaches, providing guidance as appropriate;
• Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be recognised as a team player;
• Manage workload and own diary, delegating where necessary
• Take part in and contribute to both functional and KPMG wide projects;
• Take on a ‘champion’ role within HRAT and use this to drive best practice and share knowledge in this field;
• Adhere to SLAs and KPIs where appropriate, ensuring that real demonstrable value is being added to the business from HRAT;
• Take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and streamline the quality of HRAT work and own personal development.
• Assisting with the interview and selection process within the HR Advisory Team.
Qualifications and skills
It is expected that you will be CIPD or part CIPD qualified or have the desire to study for the CIPD qualification. In addition you will:
• Have a proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels both internally and external to KPMG
• Have a proven ability to work to deadlines and work without supervision;
• Possess strong problem solving and facilitation skills;
• Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
• Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
• Have a proven ability in coaching
• Have strong influencing skills and the ability to challenge senior colleagues
• Demonstrate creative thinking and an innovative approach to projects / tasks.
• Have excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and SAP or equivalent HR system.
Experience and Background
You will be able to demonstrable experience in the key components of the role. This is typically underpinned by a minimum of three years’ experience in a fast moving, responsive HR team.
You will be expected to progress at the same pace as the Firm and the evolutions within HR.
Role: Change Manager – Grade C
Performance Group: KPMG Business Services (KBS)
Function: Transformation CoE, KBS
Duration: 6 month FTC
Projects: Sales Transformation and Tech Transformation Programme
The strategy and vision of large corporate organisations increasingly incorporates big, internal transformational changes with a requirement to implement them at a faster pace and to ensure they are aligned to the overall strategy. Risk of failure is costly and detrimental to delivering planned business benefits, with a direct impact on the overall performance of the firm.
To overcome these challenges, the Transformation CoE is responsible for managing the firm's portfolio of change thereby reducing change risk, improving realisation of business benefits and return on investment. This is achieved through a central point of prioritisation, rationalisation and resourcing as well as the core methods, training and toolkits to deliver effective, consistent transformation across the firm.
The Transformation CoE delivers changes through a One Delivery team approach made up of four key capabilities: Programme and Project Delivery; Project Management Office (PMO); Enterprise Portfolio Management Office and Change Management.
The Change Manager will work with multiple business stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of change and that the right level of support is in place for users impacted by change.
The individual will support the Technology Transformation Programme as part of Digital Transformation. The purpose of the programme will drive an effective, secure, agile and cost efficient delivery model driving the right outcomes for and with our business. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a key strategic programme for the UK Firm.
- Apply KPMG change management method (BCM), processes and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by Capability Framework project
- Work across and build strong relationships with business leaders and stakeholders to shape and deliver a change plan
- Build strong working relationships with relevant functions to effectively support the change and project
- Integrate change management activities into project plans including system design, development and testing phases
- Conduct impact analysis and assess change readiness particularly end user readiness
- Identify, segment and analyse key stakeholders and groups to build an effective stakeholder engagement strategy and plan including approach for potential stakeholder resistance
- Support definition of project roles and responsibilities e.g., Change Agent and Super User
- Consult and coach project team, leaders, sponsor(s) and change agents to champion the change and provide visible ownership of the project
- Inform and support communications through developing the vision and case for change, ensuring alignment with the project business case
- Establish and coordinate a Super User network including engagement during testing
- Align changes to ways of working resulting from the project across different business areas and audience groups as required
- Contribute to a benefits realisation plan through defining and measuring change metrics and monitoring progress including readiness for go-live, lessons learnt post go-live and completing a benefits realisation report at project closure
- Provide input and support the design and delivery of Capability Framework project training program such as Train-the-Trainer sessions and transition to BAU
- Support the development of training and learning collateral through training needs analysis to ensure alignment with project needs and case for change
- Remove blockers to ensure the change team can engage regularly with project and business teams to validate the changes that have been identified and prioritise based on end user impacts
- Identify and analyse change risks, and prepare risk mitigation tactics
Desired skills and experience
- A solid understanding of how people go through change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience designing, facilitating and managing workshops focused on driving to successful outcomes
- Experience working in a large and politically complex organisation
- Experience at producing and presenting senior executive level reports
- Experience in driving cultural/ behavioural change
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal and excellent active listening skills
- Exceptional stakeholder skills, ability to build relationships quickly with and engage stakeholders, with a high impact in one on one / group / workshop situations
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Comfortable working with all levels in an organisation
- Good business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of system implementation projects
- Change management certification or designation desired
- Be flexible and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- Be open to learning new things
- Confidence to make new contacts, deal with senior individuals and provide challenge
- A strong communicator, your communication should be clear, high level and precise, challenging where appropriate to ensure the project continues to move in the right direction
- Strong team–player who is supportive of colleagues
- Flexible working style, thriving on new opportunities
- Integrity – the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles for the good of the
- Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to competently mediate disagreements and negotiate agreeable resolution