I'm looking for
Search results for "Strategy & Architecture"
Manager – Energy and Natural Resources
Service Line: Strategy
Associate Director - Mobility 2030
Service Line: Strategy
Digital Enterprise Architect
Service Line: MC Technology
Google Cloud Platform Consultant - Technical Pre Sales
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Data Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: MC Technology
KPMG has a market leading strategy advisory business in Energy and Natural Resources, serving the oil & gas; power and utilities and infrastructure sector serving UK, European and international clients. We work with C-level executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues related to deal strategy, growth strategy and operational strategy. It is an excellent time to join us as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and the strength of our client relationships, with the Energy & Natural Resources business. As a team, we are a group of bright committed individuals who are passionate about delivering fantastic client work, developing the team around us and having fun both inside and outside of work.
You will work in project teams on assignments addressing fundamental strategic and operational issues, with a particular focus on identifying and delivering performance improvements in areas such as operations, maintenance, capital projects, logistics, and supply chain. Under the leadership of highly experienced Partners, Directors, and project leaders, Managers lead workstreams for our clients, applying analysis, insight and client interaction to agree recommendations and support execution. Managers will often lead small teams, shaping outputs while coaching and mentoring staff to motivate and develop team members. Direct contact with client colleagues and presentations to senior management are key parts of the role.
In addition to client work, Managers will play an active role in developing new business for the group, supporting work on proposals, thought leadership, and interactions with potential clients in the industries we serve. Managers act as core members of our Strategy Group, shaping new approaches and working closely with colleagues.
Managers will develop a strong combination of industry skills and strategy insights, learning through a combination of project work and training in advanced approaches, as they progress towards promotion to roles with overall responsibility for project delivery.
You will have practical operational experience in the industries we serve, in areas such as oil and gas, chemicals, energy, maintenance and engineering – with specific experience in oil and gas offshore operations, refineries and petrochemicals businesses extremely desirable.
You must be able to define and lead the thinking / problem solving on how to put together a piece of analysis, scoping, planning and managing the execution of client deliverables; able to lead and challenge senior stakeholders, and able to work beyond own area of expertise; and has led teams or individuals, and ideally has overseen significant parts of complex projects or programmes.
This experience may have been gained through direct industry roles, or where you have had an operational role that involves managing cross-discipline teams/areas, with direct exposure to commercial issues and the delivery of business improvement programmes.
Alternatively, you may have worked in a leading strategy, operational consulting firm, or Big4 player, or dedicated internal consulting group, leading small teams addressing M&A, Company or Business-Unit wide cost saving initiatives, strategic reorganisation, revenue growth and pricing, working capital improvement, etc.
An MBA or the equivalent is a definite plus, but is not a minimum requirement.
- Strong interpersonal/social skills and team-players
- Good analytical problem-solvers, able to think in a structured way, be able to break a solution framework up between 2-4 - people, and communicate this effectively
- Capable of holding ultimate responsibility for final delivery and output of a cluster of related workstreams (overseeing associates delivering the content of those workstreams)
- Drive and impact, mentoring skills, good storytelling, financial acumen, attention to detail
Sufficiently comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders and conducting client interviews to gather data and analysis
- Personable and good at striking a rapport with a variety of individuals
- Strong networks
- 'Self starters' and able to work independently with little guidance to lead teams to achieve results
- Able to cope with the pace and urgency of our work – 1-3 month timeframes with tight deadlines, as opposed to 1+ year programmes
- Comfortable being away from home for long periods of time (even if this is away during the week and back at weekends)
- Written and spoken English skills need to be excellent
Mobility 2030 is the convergence of 3 major disruptions: electric and alternate drivetrains, connected and autonomous vehicles and Mobility-as-a-Service. The resultant ‘perfect storm’ is impacting automotive, supply chain, energy, technology, infrastructure, funds, banks, retail organisations and Government. Things are changing faster than expected driven by rapid developments in technology, regulation, competition and consumer behaviour.
Over the next 5 to 12 years organisations will require significant advisory support: multi £m transformations, multi £m deals, customer and industry 4.0 advice, technology and managed service support. KPMG has the opportunity to establish itself at the forefront of this change, create new relationships and win significant revenues.
• Lead teams to address complex market, strategic, operational and organisational issues, with a focus on delivering Mobility 2030 and growth projects (although you will be part of a broader team addressing wider strategic issues that you may be involved with as well). As an Associate Director / Senior Manager, your role includes both leadership of day-to-day delivery on client engagements as well as participating in the leadership of the broader team.
• Plan and design financial and operational analyses to support development of insights and identify potential efficiency / structural change opportunities for clients.
• Develop business cases and implementation plans to underpin successful delivery.
• Design changes to the clients’ business and operating models to support delivery of their strategic objectives.
• Lead projects and take responsibility for all aspects of project and team management, including quality, timelines and risk.
• Participate in the delivery and presentation of client deliverables.
• Work collaboratively with senior client staff and management, often working in joint teams in the development of and delivery of recommendations.
• Lead on business development opportunities, demonstrate ability to build on-going client relationships and an external network of contacts. This includes actively building the team’s market-facing profile through representation events, social media and Government.
• Lead thought leadership and knowledge management to support practice development.
• Lead the coaching and development of junior team members, the development of team capabilities and skills and ongoing team practice development activities.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Experience in leading the delivery of strategy projects, most likely as a consultant. Knowledge and experience in deploying client growth projects (growth strategy, market entry, market assessments, corporate development, business case formulation and challenge, commercial due diligence) will be most relevant, but broader strategic experience (in areas such as operating model, cost optimisation or analytics) may also be helpful.
• Several years of industry experience of working in or with clients in the mobility ecosystem. This could include working with automakers (OEMs), organisations in the auto retail and manufacturing supply chain, mobility service providers, charge point operators, distribution or transmission network operators, energy retailers, fleet managers, or financial services organisations with interests in the motor sector, or private equity / infrastructure investors with a mobility focus.
• Intellectual curiosity and an ability to work independently; be comfortable developing answers and solutions often when the client requirement remains unclear, or changes.
• Outcomes driven, focused on helping the client to understand issues and resolve key questions, ability to drive through to an outcome and to gain stakeholder support in circumstances of complexity and ambiguity.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen (demonstrated and applied in previous experience). Experience in using and reviewing Powerpoint and Excel documents is essential.
• Modelling and Data & Analytics skills/experience is not necessary, but experience in these areas will be considered beneficial.
• Experience in managing and leading teams and providing on and off project coaching to team members.
• Knowledge of and experience in business development process, including proposal development, responding to tenders and pitching.
• Personal drive to deliver results within tight deadlines.
• A positive and collaborative attitude.
• Ability to assess technical information, distil the key strategic insights and convey these clearly and confidently both orally and in written form to senior clients.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility to adapt to a variety of different engagement types, work environments and locations.
• Second language would be advantageous but not essential.
KPMG’s CIO Advisory practice helps clients transform the way that CIOs and their management teams manage and deliver IT services to their customers by leveraging our capabilities in the following areas:
IT Service Management
We are growing our team to meet an ever increasing demand for our services and are seeking your relevant expertise and experience to join us.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
You will work with KPMG architects, client architects and senior IT leaders to:
Act as a senior SME for the sales and delivery of advisory services around Enterprise Architecture
Develop advisory assets, toolkits and thought leadership around our advisory services to contribute to market growth.
Contribute to our wider capability group by participating in people and capability initiatives.
To do this, you will need to bring industry experience and architecture subject matter knowledge:
• Deliver high quality advisory services which bring architecture rigour and insight to complex technology problems.
• Contribute to disciplined execution of advisory services by adhering to budget and schedule.
• Good stakeholder management.
• Lead small teams delivering services to our clients.
• Provide insight across enterprise technologies
• Contribute and potentially lead business development activity including Requests for Proposals and new assets.
• Build strong client relationships, through high quality delivery and close attention to underlying business problems.
• Adhere to internal risk/engagement management processes.
• Develop an understanding business problems and how they can present commercial opportunities for us.
• Contribute to the development of a vibrant and profitable Technology Architecture Capability Group.
• Contribute to thought leadership by market facing propositions and assets.
• Collaborate with colleagues to maximise our shared knowledge and experience.
- Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this. Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
- Seeks to understand others motivations
- Supports others to make brave decisions• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
- Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone is valued
- Willing to provide on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individual’s development needs and career aspirations
- Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
- A natural interest in technology, being passionate about the benefits that technology can bring, experienced in either databases, cloud, server-side programming or mobile
- Subject matter expertise and experience from either industry, product or consulting background.
- An in-depth understanding of enterprise architecture and the ability to translate this into high quality strategy, digital enterprise architecture client outcomes.
- Experience of applying architecture principles to application, data and / or infrastructure components as part of an overall enterprise architecture.
- Good communication skills and client-facing stakeholder management experience.
- Industry awareness of enterprise architecture methodologies, e.g. TOGAF, approaches to delivering enterprise solutions and market trends.
- A good understanding or AGILE methodologies and Dev Ops practices
- An understanding of traditional hosting, public, private and/ hybrid cloud solutions.
- Enterprise Architecture qualifications (e.g. TOGAF)
- Experience within Business to Business (B2B) industries such as Oil & Gas, Retail, Distribution, Manufacturing, etc
- Experience of applying Enterprise Architecture processes to Digital transformation or Devops based system development
- Practical experience in large scale, enterprise wide, complex transformations.
- High energy levels, coupled with a desire to deliver to a high standard in a suitable timeframe.
- Experience of providing several of the following: Technical reviews and assessments, IT audits, technical roadmaps, architecture and solution designs, IT sourcing, IT strategy.
- Experience of EA tools: one or more of Alphabet, Avolution. biZZdesign, CaseWise, Mega, Plan View or similar tools.
The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience to support the sales, business development and delivery of key projects, build valuable relationships both within KPMG and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through working with senior team members and talented colleagues. With a validated background, the candidate has to prove an extensive expertise in multi-cloud platforms and GCP experience is critical.
CloudOps team is responsible to advise, to architect, to design, and to implement cloud solutions and advisory services for our valued KPMG clients. In this role, you will be delivering the following key outcomes: increasing business revenue, developing new opportunities, and ensuring the high delivery standards.
The most important aspect of this specific role will be to actively lead business development, taking ownership of value propositions and accounts:
1. Support the sales process via discovery, solution architecture, PoCs, workshops.
2. Analyse client problem statements/requirements and present the proposed solution at the right level.
3. Build long-term trusted advisor relationships with clients, engage continuously with the key clients during the sales process.
4. Identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities, engage the broader KPMG practices to assemble the right team to cater to the client’s needs.
5. Collaborate with the KPMG alliance partners to build solutions, tech pre-sales capabilities, and training and joint business development to win more business.
Lead and Deliver Cloud/DevOps engagements in the following areas
1. Meet delivery milestones managing risk, budget and client relationship
2. Governance, Compliance assessments and reporting
3. Strong Cloud Strategy, Architecture and implementation experience, gained from multi-project implementations
4. Define and deliver target operating models
5. Cloud cost optimisation and management frameworks
6. Validate and assess security in cloud, automated security controls implementations
7. System selection and implementation pipelines using automation
8. Application architecture in cloud review and simplification
9. Security posture assessments and remediation
10. Data strategies migration to cloud that maximise client return on investment
Contribute to Practice Development to scale our CloudOps capability in relation with Google Cloud adoption, with excellent quality
1. Working with the current team to deliver valued artefacts and to be a real influencer in the GCP space.
2. Contribute to the development of high-quality technical architecture artefacts.
3. Design and build the cloud platforms in Google (primarily), AWS and Azure to enable innovation and to on-board client projects.
4. Coach and train the lower grades and junior consultants on the technical and consulting skills.
5. Develop and extend KPMG alliance and partnership with google.
Cloud is a key growth area for us and we’re looking for exceptional consultants the following skills:
• Strong experience in enterprise Google Cloud Platform Architecture and implementation.
• Expert level in Kubernetes/container management platform, Terraform, Python, Cloud storage, Big Data GCP services, open-source CI/CD technologies and GCP native services.
• Experience in architecting and implementing multi-cloud solutions. Google Anthos experience is added advantage for this role.
• Proven experience in managing delivery including scope, risks, budgets and client relationships,
• Experience in delivering cloud and DevOps solution part of digital transformation.
• Strong business development skills, client relationship and presentation skills.
• Communication and strong interpersonal abilities and ability to develop impactful presentations
• Professional Certification from one or more major cloud providers – preferably GCP.
In KPMG's Management Consulting (MC) practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team over 5 years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
The Data capability sits within the MC Technology Enablement and we leverage data technology to help our financial services clients achieve their business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Job Description: Joining the fast growing KPMG’s Data team in financial services means you will join a talented team of exceptional data colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day.
• You will join a rapidly growing Data team in Management Consulting Financial Services and your role will encompass delivering high quality outputs across Client/Project, People and Practice work.
• You will bring SME experience in at least one of our pillars: Data architecture, Data management & governance, Data Migration and/or Data Insights/visualisation.
• You will lead the design & deliver either overall solution architecture solutions, data governance frameworks, deliver data migration, and/or insights solutions
• You will communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex data challenges
• You will build relationships and actively seek out the local/global networks best experts to address client needs and build constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• You will take a leading role in the growth of the Data team and support the development of the other team members through coaching and mentoring
• You will develop business cases for transformation programmes based on industry insight and providing the roadmap to ensure the achievement of the planned benefits
• You will work closely with leadership team to help build key propositions to go-to market
• You will raise the profile of our data services within the organisation, helping KPMG colleagues & clients understand the value of data as part of Connected Consulting
• Is able to identify opportunities, sell-on client work and make a significant contribution in supporting a market proposition and practice development
• Has experience of scoping and leading projects of upwards of £500k, clients and senior stakeholders. Able to develop sales pitches & proposals to explain the value of our services
• Has specialist knowledge and technical expertise in at least one of our data pillars:
1. Data & Systems Architecture: Experience in advising the operation and implementation of a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise. Proficient in data modelling, data integration and design data platforms to support advanced analytics and AI/ML capabilities
2. Data Management & Governance: Experience in advising FS firms in their data strategy from the design of data management & governance frameworks, data standards to delivering data lineage, data quality controls, data sourcing and profiling and MDM solutions
3. Data Migration: Experience in advising in data migration related issues from strategy and scoping through to implementation and ultimate Go-Live. Working with stakeholders to define delivery model based on resources, infrastructure landscape and SME availability
4. Data Insights/Visualisation: Develop clients’ vision for data analytics in their business and help them realise how they could increase profitability and reduce risk through better sourcing, ETL and provisioning of data and benefit from benefit from trending capabilities like Data Science/ ML, Data Mining and NLP, as well as next-gen capabilities such as Cognitive Services
• Thrives on challenges and solving problems and energised and passionate to drive data solutions through to completion
• Has great presentation & communication skills. Able to describe complex technical issues in a clear, non-technical way
• Has strong inter-personal skills in order to build and maintaining strong working relationships with clients & colleagues
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns, builds co-operative relationships and fosters an inclusive environment
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring to support team development and career aspirations. Nurtures, trains & develops talent
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information, building relationships across the UK and Global KPMG practice
• Has sector experience of Financial Services, with a strength in one or more of the following: Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Life Insurance; General Insurance. Relevant related sector knowledge of core business functions across front to back office and relevant key regulations (e.g. IFRS9, IFRS17, CDD/KYC/AML, BSBS239, FATCA, Dodd Frank, FRTB, GDPR)
• Has skills any of these technologies will be advantageous: Hadoop, AWS, MS Azure, GoogleCloud, Collibra, Informatica, SAS, PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, R, Python, Spark, Scala, Alteryx, Trillium, etc.