I'm looking for
Search results for "Strategy & Architecture"
Manager - Transport Economics and Regulation - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Head of Technology Enabled Procurement
Service Line: Financial Management
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Tax Director / Associate Partner National Market Campaign
Service Line: DA Tax
Dynamics 365 CE -Solution Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent strategic advisors in the infrastructure sector. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal). In the UK, the group consists of over 150 professionals, with locations in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh and is organised as a single national team.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, economic, financial and commercial issues driving infrastructure projects spanning the transport, power and utilities and social infrastructure sectors in the UK and internationally.
IAG’s Transport business provides market-leading advice to public and private sector clients including Department for Transport, Network Rail, Transport for London, Owning Groups, Train Operating Companies, Major Airports, High Speed 2, Highways England, Rail Delivery Group, as well as major city region authorities and local authorities.
Over the last decade we have undertaken key roles on high profile multi-billion pound projects and programmes across the UK, these include Crossrail 2, High Speed 2, Mersey Gateway, Northern Line extension and East West Rail. KPMG has long been a pre-eminent adviser in the rail franchising sector. Most recently, we have advised successful bidders on the East Midlands, West Midlands, South Western, East Anglia and TransPennine franchises. Our role in these competitions spans finance, strategy, commercial and delivery plans. We are currently supporting Network Rail design and implement its Putting Passengers First transformation programme.
IAG’s Transport Economics and Regulation team
Within IAG, the Transport Economics and Regulation team works with transport sector clients to develop commercial strategies, produce business plans, value economic impacts, and achieve better outcomes from regulatory policy and regulatory strategy.
Key service lines include:
― Pricing for transport services.
― Efficiency of capital investment.
― Efficiency of transport operations (benchmarking performance and operating costs).
― Economic regulation of transport infrastructure and services.
In response to the increasing demand for advice to support policy, regulation and investment decisions across the transport sector, we are looking for a high calibre, ambitious economist to join the team and play an integral role in the continued development of our business.
Key activities include:
― Undertaking a broad range of economic analysis including:
– Economic analysis
– Cost and performance benchmarking
– Pricing and incentives
– Economic and regulatory impact assessments.
― Writing technical and non-technical reports.
― Business development activities including writing proposals, and seeking out opportunities for new business.
― Developing and maintaining client relationships.
― Working with and managing colleagues.
― General project management and administrative activities.
Responsibility for delivering engagements in collaboration with senior colleagues. This will involve being able to scope work, develop project plans, deliver outputs and present to internal and external stakeholders
We encourage and expect all of our team to play an active role in engaging with clients and internal stakeholders. This includes building relationships, working closely on projects and presenting our findings.
― Experience working for or with an economic regulator, regulated company, economic/financial consultancy or as a government economist.
― Excellent understanding of transport policy, economic regulation and commercial performance.
― Knowledge of airports, railways and local public transport operations.
― Strong technical skills in economic analysis
― Strong report writing skills
― Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing requirements.
― The ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting-edge of thinking in the sector.
― The ability to develop work which anticipates and can withstand third party scrutiny and challenge.
― Financial modelling
― Econometric analysis
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most Procurement transformation programmes demand technology support, and every successful Procurement technology programme involves some ground-breaking activity.
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consulting practice, we’re working with Financial Services clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding procurement technologists to join us, grow with us, and develop our Procurement Technology delivery capability, driving our strategy through large-scale Procurement Cloud Technology transformation. Part of a developing team in Financial Services that will become our ‘go to’ for Procurement Technology, you will play a key role in the growing of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes. At its core, this is a real opportunity to build our technology delivery team and influence within a fast-growing business area. To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus. You’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping Financial Services clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to encourage confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Procurement Technology solutions including but not limited to Coupa, Ivalua, Basware and/or SAP Ariba.
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a proven track record of selling, procurement technology projects. In particular we are looking for individuals who have led procurement technology strategy programmes, software selection projects and Source-to-Pay implementations.
We are seeking a talented individual with experience of Procurement Cloud implementation. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, practice leadership and client delivery. The role reports into the Director of Powered Procurement.
• Understand demand, identify and unlock client opportunities for Powered Procurement in Financial Services by providing the technology expertise to build compelling market propositions
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market
• The ability to build strong relationships at senior levels (c-suite), and a strong existing network
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others
• Sales and Business Development
• Leadership and relationship building
• A Technology professional with a proven track record of successful delivery of technology solutions in a consulting environment
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of partners in the organisation
• Excellent People Leadership
• Strong network in Financial Services Procurement
• Drive and resilience
• Presentation skills
• A track record of client delivery, innovation and procurement transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis
UK based. Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time (UK, Europe and internationally), so will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge, at Director or Associate Partner level across our tax&legal national markets business, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets.
Our growth areas' include:
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
You will be required to work within the National Markets team to accelerate the growth of our business. Specifically key aspects will be to:
• Build an internal network within the wider tax and advisory practices of our firm
• Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers and other more junior members of the team.
• Set the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client - knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions, and can match both effectively through assimilation.
• Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people.
• Strong resilience to enable flexibility in approach and ability to work under pressure.
• Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
• Lead business development initiatives and pitch for work with both new and existing clients, potentially both domestically and internationally.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to a range of situations and audiences from both written and oral perspective.
• Strong attention to detail, to enable you to review complex technical problems, whilst maintaining an overall strategic and customer service focused perspective, for all deliverables we produce for our clients
• Excellent internal networking skills with the ability to confidently and knowledgably communicate with other Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners within our professional services environment.
• Strong business development and client facing skills with a proven history of being able to identify opportunities and convert them to commercial projects.
• Excellent project management skills and an ability to manage your own workload, as well the workloads of others in your team.
We are looking for an experienced Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement Solution Architect with experience in solution development and functional analysis into large-scale enterprise Dynamics 365 architecture with a hands-on approach in designing and leading the implementation of Dynamics 365 products, working with both onshore and offshore development teams. The focus of this role will be on all presales activities around the Dynamics 365 platform as well as methodology diagnostics and high-level solution architecting. You will also contribute to proposal development and provide input in business development while mentor junior andoffshore staff.
This role is therefore kingpin to KPMG Microsoft business solutions customer delivery of Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions.
The Solution Architect will lead the delivery of our Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions
Be a champion for both technical and functional solutions across the Microsoft platform, driving the adoption of new features and technology
Have an exceptional understanding of Dynamics 365 technical and functional capabilities
Lead the design and development of sector specific templates to enhance the out of the box Dynamics 365 functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset
Be responsible for ensuring our pre-sales engagements are delivered with the same rigour and attention to detail as our client engagements
Define training needs within the team and coach other team members
Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan.
Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour.
Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary.
Ensure progress updates are communicated to relevant parties both formally and informally.
Identify practice development activities and help in defining how these will be delivered
Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by Directors.
In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training.
Represent KPMG Crimsonwing in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
Deep and broad knowledge of technical capabilities of Dynamics 365, including appropriate certification. Must be able to show good knowledge of practices for Dynamics 365
Deep understanding of Azure and cloud technologies,.Net development and PowerBI.
Broad understanding of software development lifecycle,development management, release management, data migrations, cut-over planning and early live support.
Broad knowledge of functional capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement – including core solution of Accounts, Contact and Activity management and at least one of the following:
- Sales Management
- Marketing automation
- Project Services Automation
- Customer Service Management
- Field Services
Demonstrable knowledge of capabilities of the supporting software in the Microsoft stack (certification is a positive),
- Azure SQL / SQL Server
- PowerApps, LogicApps, Flow and Common Data Service
- Visual Studio Team Service
Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams
Experience of Agile Methodology
Certification in TOGAF or Zachman Framework would be beneficial
Knowledge of other Marketing products are desirable
– Click Dimension or Adobe Marketing Cloud
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Certifications (CRM , 2013, 2015, 2016, 365) are desirable
Graduate from a top University
A relevant degree within a computational or business discipline
Minimum 4 years hands-on proven functional experience in CRM configuration, standard customisation, standard workflows, dashboards, forms, views and standard reports development is a must;
Experience and Background
Expertise in providing both out of the box and development solutions in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment; Extensive experience as CRM consultant
Ability to lead engagements and present to the C-Suite stakeholders.
Experience with Dynamics 365 in a Lead Design Consulting role
Experience of large scale CRM implementations
Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort and simplifying delivery
Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge
Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff