I'm looking for
Search results for "Tax Managed Services"
Manager - Financial Services Audit - Edinburgh/Glasgow
Service Line: Audit
Financial Services Audit Manager (Cardiff/Bristol)
Service Line: Audit
Trade & Customs Assistant
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Senior Legal Advisor
Service Line: IHQ
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Solution Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Dynamics 365 for FO Senior Technical Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
We are currently looking for a qualified accountants at Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Edinburgh.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Keeping Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in Scotland.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent)
• Significant audit experience in Financial Services sector
• Sound and practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• You will possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
• Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients.
Our Financial Services department in the South West Region delivers a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients. These clients include banks, building societies and insurance, leasing & investment management companies. The Department is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square on a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
You will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
• To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working on your engagements
• Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
• Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
• Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
• Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
• Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
• Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensions sector
• Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
• Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
• Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
• Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
• Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
• Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
• Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
• Significant audit experience for pension schemes
Trade & Customs
KPMG has a large team of Trade & Customs specialists established in London, Midlands and Scotland in order to work with our clients across the whole of the UK and beyond. Within the team we have deep specialists in areas such as valuation, classification, origin and suspension /reliefs. We work closely with our colleagues both in Indirect Tax, other areas of Tax such as Transfer Pricing, and the wider Advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients; we offer a wide range of services including pure advisory, reviews and preparation of reclaims.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be a key member of our team:
· Providing high quality advisory services to a wide range of clients;
· Assisting generally with Trade & Customs opportunities;
· Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients;
· Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives;
· Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients;
· Working closely with a team who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential;
· Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
Experience and Skills:
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
- Has 1-2 years experience in customs and international trade;
· Is driven and committed;
· Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
· Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude;
· Seeks out feedback and development opportunities;
· Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients;
· Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
· Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
· Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a legal team of excellent calibre ina global organisation. We expect this opportunity will allow you to broadenyour range of legal skills and experience.
KPMG International is the entity with which all member firms of the KPMGnetwork of independent firms are affiliated. KPMG member firms provide audit,tax and advisory services to clients and are based in 155 countries.
The International Office of the General Counsel is a small team based in threecountries. The team provides legal advice on key strategic issues for, andsupports the execution of key business decisions made by, KPMG International. Italso supports KPMG International and the KPMG global network in dealing withlegal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks.
The role will involve working, under the ultimate supervision of the GeneralCounsel or other senior experienced lawyers in the team, on a wide variety ofmatters involving cross-border legal risk and regulation, internalinvestigations, governance, structural matters, investments, businessrelationships (in particular, with the KPMG member firms) and protection anduse of the organisation’s brand.
Some international travel may be required.
Qualification, Skillsand Experience required
We are looking for a qualified lawyer, of approximately 5 years PQE (orequivalent, if not UK qualified), with significant experience advising on corporatematters in areas such as governance and structural matters, investments(including equity and debt), acquisitions, disposals and cross border legalrisks and regulations. Some contentious experience or experience advising onsignificant brand and legal risk matters will be advantageous. All candidateswith demonstrable ability to fulfil the role will be considered.
A successful candidate is likely to have or be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent legal technical skills
- Experience of working as part of a legal team in relation to complex cross-border corporate matters. This experience may have been gained at a top law firm or in an equivalent in-house position
- An understanding of business drivers affecting, and legal, regulatory and business risks faced by, large global organizations
- Awareness of own strengths and areas for development
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a small, supportive team while taking responsibility for their own work
- Ability to provide clear and pragmatic advice to, and deal confidently with, individuals at all levels
- Ability to deal with people from different cultures in an appropriate way
— The Solution Architect will lead the delivery of our Finance Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution
— Be a champion for both technical and functional leading practice with the Finance Solution.
— Have an exceptional understanding of Dynamics 365 technical and functional capabilities
— Collaborate with the Global team to enhance the out of the box Dynamics 365 functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset
— Be responsible for ensuring our pre-sales engagements are delivered with the same rigour and attention to detail as our client engagements
— Define training needs within the team and coach other team members
— Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan.
— Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour.
— Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary.
— Ensure progress updates are communicated to relevant parties both formally and informally.
— Identify practice development activities and help in defining how these will be delivered
— Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by Directors.
— In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training.
— Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
— Deep and broad knowledge of technical capabilities of Dynamics 365, including appropriate certification. Must be able to show good knowledge of practices for Dynamics 365.
— In particular deep knowledge of all core Finance concepts and processes including, Enterprise Structures, GL, AP, AR and reporting.
— Good understanding of Azure and cloud technologies, ..
— Broad understanding of software development lifecycle,
— In addition understanding of one of the following is beneficial:
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trade & Logistics
— Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams
— Experience of Agile Methodology
— Certification in TOGAF or Zachman Framework would be beneficial
— Degree Qualification
Experience and Background
— Expertise in providing both out of the box and development solutions in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant
— Ability to lead engagements and present to the C-Suite stakeholders.
— Experience with Dynamics 365 in a Solution Architect role
— Experience of large scale ERP implementations
— Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort and simplifying delivery
— Pre-sales experience
— Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
— Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge
The role is based in Canary Wharf in London. The Salary to be paid is competitive.
The D365FO SeniorTechnical Architect is a key role to KPMG Microsoft Business Solution. It is adynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business areawithin an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG MicrosoftBusiness Solution.
Roles and Responsibilities
D365FO Senior Technical Architect will lead the technical delivery of
Be a champion for technicalsolutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of Dynamics
D365FO development practices, and a good knowledge of otherdevelopment techniques;
Provide capability to developsector specific templates to enhance the out of the box
D365FO functionality, giving KPMG Microsoft Business Solutiona unique selling point and also a resalable asset;
Deliver high quality developmentservices to clients;
Work closely with the architectureteam to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providingdevelopment only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration -Creating high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation;
Deliver training needs within theteam and coach junior staff members;
Deliver all consultancy accordingto the KPMG Microsoft Business Solution Project Methodology, ensuring that allsoftware applications are implemented successfully according to the projectplan;
Meet and exceed customerexpectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
Identify business/project risk andmitigate or communicate as necessary;
Communicate progress updates torelevant parties both formally and informally;
Participate in pre-salesactivities as requested;
Support practice developmentactivates such as defining and configuring industry specific templates;
Carry out additional duties as mayoccur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Directors;
In all activities, ensure timelycompletion of internal processes and mandatory training;
Represent KPMG Microsoft BusinessSolution in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Excellent presentation and consultancy skills;
A minimum of 4-years hands-on experience withDynamics AX 2012 and 2009, including appropriate certification;
Experience with or exposure to Dynamics 365 will beconsidered a strong positive;
Experience of using PowerApps, LogicsApps, CommonData Service and other Azure Services.
Knowledge of Lifecycle Services and Visual StudioTeam Services
Experience in other technologies such as SQL,PowerBI, SharePoint along with a good knowledge .Net;
Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation;
Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration;
Knowledge in gathering technical requirements;
Knowledge of Agile and other Sure Stepmethodologies;
Good understanding of functional capabilities ofD365FO – including certification in one of the following:
Project Management and Accounting
Procurement & Sourcing
Trade & Logistics
Experience in responding to RFPs and RFQs would bebeneficial.
Knowledge of best practices for working withoffshore teams;
Graduate from a top University;
A relevant degree within a computationaldiscipline.
Experience and Background
Expertise in providing development solutions in aD365O environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant;
Experience with D365O in a Development Consultingrole;
Experience of at least two large scale ERPimplementations;
Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focuson reducing development effort;
Excellent presentation and demonstration skills;
Business process mapping, modelling anddocumentation knowledge;
Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff