I'm looking for
Search results for "Transaction Services"
Manager - Non Life Actuarial
Service Line: FRM
Data Analytics Director
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Restructuring Manager - KProgression - London/Reading
Service Line: Restructuring
Audit Manager - Insurance
Service Line: Audit
Manager - P3M - Major Projects Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Manager - Innovation, reliefs and Incentives (IRI) Team
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
To manage and develop external client relationships though direct business development activity and internal people/resource management. This will be achieved through:
• Leading client engagement teams and in some instances working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG
• Reserving for clients in the Lloyd’s / London Market, including for Lloyd’s Statements of Actuarial Opinion and Solvency II Technical Provisions
• Winning new business through marketing and sales activities
• Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences
• Contributing to the development of new products and services
• Sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to the development of the team
• Marketing and raising the profile of KPMG
• A willingness to undertake travel will be required on occasion
• Multiple IFRS 17 impact assessments which have also led to IFRS17 implementation projects.
• Statements of Actuarial opinion
• Pricing assurance projects
• Providing assistance to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions
• Helping Companies with their capital models and advising on capital planning
• Provision of actuarial expertise to support our Audit colleagues
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate is expected to be a qualified actuary.
• The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions.
• Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard that are ready for final review, with a complete and comprehensive audit trail.
• Lloyd’s / London Market reserving or pricing experience
• Knowledge of the workings of the Lloyd’s market will be advantageous
• The ability to develop productive relationships that bring in business
• Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
• Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
• Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
• Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
• Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
• A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
Candidates with any of the following skills would be considered favourably:
• Modelling (eg Igloo, ReMetrica);
• Programming (eg VBA, .NET);
• Must be flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
• Experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment are both equally advantageous
Opening Date: 17/07/2020
Closing Date: 14/08/2020
Salary Range: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG are looking for multiple Data Analytics Directors to play a key role in delivering and taking to market our Data Analytics offering across multiple sectors. The successful candidates will need to leverage their external and internal networks to build the reputation of KPMG’s offering across Automation, Data Science, AI, and Data Engineering learning across multidisciplinary clients and engagements.
Reporting directly to the Partner of the team, the role involves overseeing and leading a team who identify, develop, sell and deliver data integrated centric solutions. The role will be to support and drive the sales of significant Data Analytics & Digital Transformation consulting engagements in multiple sectors.
- Build relationships and actively seek out the global networks best experts to address client needs.
- Communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage relationships across different teams, functions, countries and cultures to drive revenue growth.
- Provide credible solution -orientated responses to RFP’s, ensuring the appropriate expertise from across KPMG is represented in the most cohesive way to address client problems.
- Manage the growth of a high performing and dynamic team.
- Build strong client relationships and develop leading edge inspiring go to market propositions that provide growth opportunities for our people & clients.
- Own and develop new assets in the analytics space and develop thought leadership that resonates with the life science sector and positions KPMG as a leader in the space.
- Develop solutions features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines.
- Develop competence in a broad range of technologies and framework for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Undertake technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and the design and build of solutions.
Required skills, Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree in a data or technology related subject
- Experienced in utilising technology to provide insightful analysis to life sciences clients in areas such as R+D and clinical trials.
- Experience leading large teams of 40+ in size developing and delivering analytics solutions.
- Proven experience driving revenue growth in a Consulting environment.
- Experience leading responses to RFP for analytics services and solutions.
- Credible and experienced at scoping, delivering and selling solutions in the fields of AI, Machine Learning and RPA
- Experience developing trusted client relationships and converting those into commercial opportunities
- Talent for collaborating with internal stakeholders on go to market and solution development
- Experience with FS, IGH, Life Sciences, and Retail clients
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data management issues, examples include re-performance of complex systems.
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
The National Markets Restructuring team are looking for a Manager to join their team, based in either Reading or Canary Wharf.
The Restructuring NM London & Reading team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in London and Reading provide services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
We are currently recruiting for a role in the Kprogression team where we are seeking a candidate with insolvency skills, including detailed knowledge of statutory and technical aspects of corporate insolvencies. The role will predominantly be based in the home office (Reading or Canary Wharf), however some travel is expected, either to other KPMG offices or client sites.
The role will involve working across a range of corporate insolvency appointments and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments
Roles and Responsibilities
To be an effective Manager within Restructuring’s Kprogression team you’ll undertake the following:
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of insolvency engagements
• Working with the engagement team to ensure all statutory matters are delivered in accordance with the Insolvency Rules and regulations and on time
• Proactively advise the engagement team, including engagement leaders, on technical matters arising on engagements
• Drive forward progression of cases to a timely conclusion, including inputting into case strategy and demonstrating a commercial awareness
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders)
• On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff
• Potential involvement in changes to how we deliver our work or new product development
• Involvement in business development activities
• Development of junior staff on assignments
• Potential work on non-insolvency appointments
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Drive and enthusiasm
• Demonstrable experience in managing own workstreams and insolvency assignments.
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’ and delegate to teams of colleagues
• Ability to coach colleagues and clearly explain technical aspects of insolvencies to others
• Ideally relevant insolvency qualifications
• Detailed corporate insolvency experience, specifically including statutory and technical aspects of engagements
• Ideally some experience working on all aspects of an insolvency in addition to statutory and technical matters
• Desire to build wide insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
• Ability to communicate well with internal and external contacts and stakeholders at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel
• A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of engagement work.
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Insurance marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. Our insurance audit department is expected to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. In addition, the forthcoming new requirements from the IASB will generate a significant amount of change in the insurance industry. As a trusted partner within the industry, KPMG will be supporting insurance companies throughout this accounting change across a range of disciplines including financial reporting, actuarial, IT and management consulting disciplines.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, ideally in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in IFRS 17, US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
KPMG’s Major Projects Advisory (MPA) team works with some of the world’s most demanding organisations, helping to crack some of the biggest challenges in Infrastructure.
We focus on:
- Capital Programmes and Portfolios
- Technology-Enabled Transformations
- Progressive Assurance
- Designing and Mobilising Major Projects/Programmes
- Designing, Integrating and Improving Programme Controls
- Advising on the structures and strategies behind Portfolios
- Helping clients to make major Investment Decisions
- Developing Project/Programme/Portfolio management capability within our clients
- Making sure accountable individuals and teams can sleep at night via expert, real-time assurance
As a true market leader, we boast an impressive client base across the commercial and public sectors, delivering lasting results in areas including Central Government, Transport, Energy and the Defence sectors.
On the back of continuing growth, we’re once again investing in our team and boosting our numbers – which means you’ll be joining one of the fastest growing areas of the firm at a time of real significance.
The work is varied and complex - just how we like it. And no one else does it quite like we do.
We’re small enough that every individual can make a huge impact, both internally and externally – but we’re also part of something much bigger. Alongside 16,000 of the brightest minds in the business. KPMG is a place where you can make an extraordinary difference without having to be anybody but yourself.
The things we do are wide-ranging and require plenty of entrepreneurial ability and intellectual curiosity.
Managers in our team are right at the forefront of delivery, and this role requires a breadth of management consulting experience - ideally gained from Infrastructure-related Projects and Programmes, but we’ll happily consider candidates with experience in other relevant fields.
As one of the senior consultants on the ground, you’ll be applying your experience every day, bringing to life tailored solutions for our clients whilst managing important relationships.
It’s a demanding job, but you’ll be well supported by the rest of us. After all, everything we do is a team sport.
Specifically, your day-to-day involves:
- Managing high-performing, multi-disciplinary consulting teams
- Managing the delivery of client-facing work within specialist areas, ensuring new processes and tools are designed with a strong human /end user focus – this includes producing high-quality outputs with serious attention to detail
- Looking after financial aspects of an engagement - ensuring we keep clients informed of costs and time incurred, in addition to raising invoices and recovering fees
- Business development - identifying potential opportunities for new assignments and assisting with bids
- Keeping up to date with specific (technical) developments affecting your work, identifying opportunities for thought leadership and assisting with the development of a KPMG opinion in your specific technical area
- Understanding the broader suite of services offered by KPMG and identifying opportunities to collaborate and design unique solutions for our clients
- Coaching and mentoring your colleagues – both up and down
- Being a role model and living our values
Skills and Qualifications
There is no one-size fits all in MPA; we’re as diverse as the world around us. We hand pick our people because they’re our most important asset – and people pick us because we really mean that.
For this opportunity, we’re looking for candidates with a strong consulting background of between five and seven years’ experience - primarily built around the delivery of major Projects/Programmes.
Your track record should evidence:
- Experience working within a Consulting environment – either for another consultancy or in an advisory role in Industry/Government
- Some experience in at least one our priority markets - Transport, Defence, Energy or Utilities sectors
- In-depth experience of applying Project, Programme and/or Portfolio management – and a passion for the discipline
- A foundation of excellent academics and good career progression to date
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- An ability to build and maintain great relationships and a desire to network across our firm
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- A good spread of experience using different software/applications (e.g. Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Oracle P6, Slack, Clarizen)
- Relevant professional certification – e.g. APM PMQ/PPQ; MoP; MSP; PRINCE2
Experience in one of the following areas would also help you stand out – but it’s not essential:
- Delivering targeted business process improvement(s) in relation to capital investment Portfolios and major Projects/Programmes
- Delivering advisory services such as organisational design and governance optimisation
- Working in partnership with clients to shape strategic direction and helping them to go out and implement
- Performance and efficiency improvement
- Enhancing Project and Programme controls
- Assurance and monitoring
- Troubled Project/Programme reviews
One final word from us…
Everybody likes to say they’re different... but we really think we are. We do what we say, and we say what we mean.
We’re hugely proud of what we’ve managed to achieve so far – but we’re only just getting started. We’re looking for people to grow with us and are committed to helping everybody reach their destination, regardless of what that is.
Rapid career progression means that if you show up and you’re ready to step up - you’ll be promoted. Because we recognise talent, not just tenure.
And with all the support, training, and development you need, the sky really is the limit.
No matter what skills you bring to our team, you’ll be surrounded by spirited, naturally curious people. People who want to learn from you, and who’ll also teach you a thing or two along the way. It’s how we make a collective impact, greater than the sum of its parts.
And if this isn’t the role for you but you like what you see, keep in touch. There will be other opportunities to join us.
Our IRI team is looking for a Senior Manager with experience of preparing claims. The role sits in our Financial Services performance group and works with the national IRI Tax practice to accelerate the growth of our business. You will be required to use your knowledge of IRI tax incentives to help our clients in make claims for IRI Tax relief across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. The role will may involve some travel to attend meetings at client sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
- Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of IRI claims.
- Manage client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
- Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Work with senior staff at our clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
- Deliver comprehensive proposals and taking part in presentations
- Leading complex projects
- Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff.
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Science or technical degree to 2.1 level preferred.
- Experience of preparing IRI claims.
- Tax technical knowledge of the UK’s IRI tax incentives
- Broader knowledge of wider tax issues
- Experience in reviewing preparations and submissions of IRI tax relief claims
- Experience in dealing with and building relationships with senior employees within HMRC.
- Identifies, leads and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own and team’s work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Continuously learns from experiences and encourages this across the team.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities for self and others
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Brings incite and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
- Identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and makes decisions with appropriate consultation
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)