I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Assistant Manager - Overseas Tax, Finance, Watford
Service Line: Finance
Senior HR Assistant- Onboarding
Service Line: People
Content Writer- Horizon - Assistant Manager
Service Line: Market Development
People Operations- Immigration Manager
Service Line: People
Dynamics 365 F&O Senior Technical Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Senior Legal Adviser - International Office of the General Counsel
Service Line: IHQ
The Overseas Tax & IBT Compliance Assistant Manager is a new role within the Partnership Tax Team who are responsible for dealing with all tax, employer, reporting and immigration requirements for business travel by KPMG UK colleagues.
Following Brexit, additional requirements and reporting are needed which will be a key focus for the team to ensure KPMG and its employees remain compliant with immigration, reporting and tax requirements when overseas.
• Monitoring business travel and assisting with:
• Overseas corporate tax filing assessments for all business travel (in particular filing requirements in India).
• Registration with overseas tax authorities for all taxes and other authorities.
• Be responsible for preparing overseas corporate tax returns.
• Assist with dealing with overseas corporate tax enquires.
• Prepare country by country reporting.
• Assist with calculation of the overseas tax payments and ensure payments are made on time.
• Liaise with employment tax, indirect tax and social security specialists to ensure any overseas liabilities as a result of business travel are met.
• Advise the business on requirements such as EU Posted Worker Regulations and assist with the notification process for business travellers.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• CTA or ACA qualified with experience in UK corporate tax or overseas tax.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
• High level of analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and delivering services, including preparing reports and must have strong excel skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
Job Title: Senior HR Assistant – Onboarding
Role Type: 12 month FTC
Service Line: People Operations
Reporting to: Team Leader – Onboarding
Working Hours: 09:30 - 17:30
Location: Watford (with intermittent travel to other UK offices including Canary Wharf)
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In
order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the
people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most
diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our
clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our
people are extraordinary”
The People Operations teams provide administrative and advisory support to our UK
Business and through our ‘service pledge’ underpin our overall People Strategy and
Vision. The operation consists of a HR Shared Services team, a HR Technology team and
a HR Transformation team. Customer centric, we are consistently looking for ways to
exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver
Context of role As a Senior HR Assistant in Onboarding, you will be working as part of a team to manage
the onboarding process, from the point of offer acceptance to the individual starting with
You will take ownership and act as a key contact for all cases handled, taking all
necessary actions and maintaining records to ensure we meet our statutory obligations.
The role will entail close working with other People Operations teams, liaising across the
business with key stakeholders, and also coordinating with numerous 3rd parties. You will
be perceived as proactive, credible and accountable.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
• Manage the end to end onboarding process of all allocated joiners, ensuring a seamless
onboarding experience. Acting as the first point of contact for joiners / students;
recruiters and the business; providing an excellent level of service to all internal and
external stakeholders by offering proactive and timely updates through all appropriate
channels, and keeping to all Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, communicating with
impact and gaining agreement through promoting and negotiating a position to the
benefit of all parties. Demonstrating an awareness of business structure
• You will be expected to be accountable and proactive, designing and driving solutions
to improve customer service, operational efficiency and processes. Having the ability
to take a logical, systematic, coherent approach to issues, thinking outside of the box
and weighing up all the options available to make an informed decision
• As a Subject Matter Expert you will have in-depth knowledge of the onboarding process
and relevant polices, advising on complex queries accurately and within SLA,
escalating where appropriate to the Team Leader
• Liaising with appropriate Offshore departments ensuring all required administrative activities are completed to hit required new joining date
• You may be asked to lead or support on wider ad hoc People Operations projects and tasks from time to time and you will be expected to work on this alongside your normal workload
• Taking personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
Experience, Qualification and Skills
• An ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
• High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
• The ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels;
• Good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
• The ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment;
• Good proficiency with IT Office, including: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. as well as SAP or equivalent HR system
This is an Assistant Manager position focusing on content. The individual will sit as part of our Marketing Centre of Expertise team and will manage the development and delivery of the content programme for our Mid-Market Horizon programme in conjunction with a team of marketing professionals across our campaign management function.
The Marketing Centre of Expertise (CoE) operates a matrix model of expertise in defined marketing capabilities and organised in clusters aligned to our business units. The CoE leads on marketing delivery, supports brand management, content development, digital enablement and provides account management to support the Marketing Business Partners (BPs). CoE teams are experts in specialised areas and are deeply involved in co-creation and delivery.
Content development is at the core of our new programme for our mid-market offering, Horizon. The role will have a focus on content writing and editorial synergy across the programme.
The role holder will work to ensure that content, creative assets and the usage of marketing channels support the delivery of the brief, meet our brand and regulatory requirements and they actively involve our business and marketing colleagues throughout their development to ensure buy-in, quality and effectiveness.
Description of the role:
- Drive the development and delivery of the Horizon content programme.
- Ensure content produced remains compelling, relevant, appealing and actionable for the target audience.
- Edit draft copy to make sure it conforms to our tone of voice, is accurate, interesting and actionable.
- Develop guidelines and templates to support content creation activities and coach colleagues in the principles of good writing.
- Ensure effective project management and budget control.
- Support the engagement of business and marketing stakeholders in the development and approval of activities.
- Constantly monitor results and tone of voice so you can optimise and suggest changes.
- Manage the requirements of our processes across deliverables including brand, risk and data management policies.
- Capture reporting and insights from the programme to enable our marketing effectiveness processes and suggest ideas for improvements to both campaign design and the development process
- Support the activation and internal engagement for campaigns including developing internal launch plans and communications.
- Leadership & Management
- This role will report to the Campaign Manager, Horizon.
- The individual will work alongside the Campaign Managers, colleagues across Campaign Management and the Marketing BPs.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- The ideal individual for this role will be energetic and organised, someone who enjoys taking on responsibility and making a positive contribution to the activities of the UK Marketing team.
- You will be highly-professional, able to work within budget to the exacting standards required in a leading professional services environment.
- You will be comfortable with running multiple projects at once, collaborating with Marketing BPs, our CoE and offshore team and the business to ensure delivery within timeframes and agreed budgets. You will be able to capture their feedback constructively to refine and improve our approach to Horizon marketing content with support from colleagues as required.
- Self-motivated and driven you will embrace opportunities to work independently but seek and advice and guidance from colleagues when needed.
- You will bring new thinking and ideas whilst being consistent in the application of our operational processes.
- You will understand the importance of good relationships both within and outside the organisation, using your influencing and negotiating skills to ensure that relationships with third parties work to the best advantage of KPMG, and to promote collaboration, understanding and positive contribution internally.
Core technical competencies:
- PR or Journalism experience, capable of generating excellent quality content at pace
- Experience of working to a content and marketing asset development process including web content, email campaigns, event communications, thought leadership and social media campaigns
- Able to communicate technical content and complex ideas in a lively and engaging way
- Strong editorial ability, able to catch grammatical and factual errors and drive thematic consistency
- Experience of engaging and interviewing business stakeholders
- Familiarity of using and creating editorial/brand/visual identity toolkits and guidelines
- Track record of content delivery essential and experience of B2B2C content creation desirable.
- Able to apply risk and compliance processes effectively
- Familiar with management and role of data in content tracking and able to produce campaign reports and apply client insights where relevantCore behavioural competencies
- You will be at heart of the delivery of world-class marketing for KPMG in the UK, able to effectively drive change through a complex matrix organisation and successfully embed our new operating model.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a complex and matrix environment
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to developing high quality work
- Proactive and able to identify potential future issues or challenges and propose solutions to address them
- Balance the need for creativity and innovation with the consistent application of our business processes and risk management policies
- Enjoy an agile and flexible work environment with an ability to work with different teams, business areas and campaign types on an ongoing basis
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a good communicator and embrace collaboration
- You will be able understand the commercial drivers for the business and identify how the content campaign is tasked to support these.
- You will be a capable and creative verbal and written communicator, able to present well to colleagues across both marketing and business teams
- You will be a good relationship-builder, creating useful networks internally and externally, and proactively use these contacts to resolve conflicts or challenges.
Expertise/ Technical role requirements:
- BA university degree or equivalent.
- Highly proficient in all MS Office packages.
- Knowledge of CRM and marketing campaign systems.
- Good understanding of project management techniques for engaging content creation to ensure the Horizon Platform drives the desired user engagement/action.
- Excellent skills identifying, crafting and delivering information in succinct and engaging ways.
- Experience dealing with complex, sensitive and challenging projects.
- An excellent understanding of the external economic, business and political environment.
- Attention to detail and strong grammatical skills.
- Confidence, gravitas and experience to provide critical feedback and handle demanding senior stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of communication channels: intranet, video, digital and social.
- An ability to self-manage and prioritise across a wide variety of tasks.
- Comfortable in a complex and fluid work environment, with the ability to quickly integrate with other communication and corporate activities.
You will be empowered to manage and lead all aspects of Immigration applications for new and existing KPMG employees. Including understanding legislative changes and ensuring process and systems are operationalised to adapt to new requirements driving regulatory and legal compliance. The Team consists of 7 Immigrations consultants as well as 3 Administrators but will continue to expand in line with KPMG’s growth plan. Throughout 2020, the Team supported circa: 2,000 new employee applications as well as continued support for 3,000 colleagues. This role will interact and partner closely with all aspects of the ‘Firm’ and, across the People Operations centre to ensure a seamless experience for all KPMG employees
As a KPMG colleague and a key leader in KBS, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times
- Provide strategic leadership & operational oversight across all aspects of the Immigration process, ensuring day to day execution of service commitments including rigorous quality controls and service enhancements.
- Case Management – Overseeing service delivery including reviewing and signing off advice, adhering to SLAs and KPIs, caseworking on an as needed basis. Ensuring that the team have the appropriate level of technical expertise and appropriate
- -Advisory – Advising on complex cross-border immigration issues, including post Brexit, the impact of Covid on travel and working from anywhere.
- Operational Excellence. Identifying opportunities to use technology to streamline immigration process. Establishing an SLA framework ensuring timely and accurate escalations in line with Service level commitments. Ensure strong rigor and control in line with legislation and compliance requirements. Adapt to continuous and ongoing legislation changes ensuring process is ‘fit for purpose’ and supported by ongoing training and development
- Team management: identifying the team’s training and development requirements, ensuring the team receives sufficient support and coaching including taking on a Performance Manager role and contributing to the team’s overall development.
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance and support
- Build a high performing Immigration Operational Team to drive best in class service operations
- Work in close partnership with the HR Function, Capabilities and Support functions to drive continuous improvement and employee experience
- Ensure clear scope of services focused on customer outcomes, compliance and risk
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders (COE’s - Recruitment; Ethics and Independence team, the broader People Function and other key business stakeholders) to ensure end to end process performance is effective
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for enquiries
- Manage resources within the teams to the agreed budget.
Education & Qualification
- This is a growing team and the role will suit an ambitious immigration professional with the desire and ability to play an important role in continuing that growth. The successful applicant will be organised and efficient, able to produce consistently high-quality work within demanding time frames but not afraid to ask questions to challenge or seek clarification when appropriate. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in overseeing a Team, including reviewing and signing off advice. The applicant will also have experience of advising alongside other professionals such as tax or mobility specialists) and an understanding of the immigration elements of cross-border transactions, including emerging Covid-19 related issues such as travel corridors and working from anywhere.
- The applicant will have experience of handling a wide range of corporate immigration matters/cases, ideally the following:
- Work Visas (ICT, Skilled Worker)
- Frontier Worker Permits
- Foreign company set up in the UK
- Sponsor licence applications and associated ongoing compliance
- Family applications
- Mock audits
- Prevention of illegal working/Right To Work
- Student and Graduate routes
- Global Talent, Investor, Sole Rep
- Global immigration case management
- Immigration policy design
- Right of Abode
- Bespoke immigration projects
- Authentic and transparent leader with a high ‘say/do’ ratio, focused on execution
- Strategic thinker, proven ability to anticipate and resolve complex scenarios
- Ability to influence at a senior level and manage complex stakeholder relationships driving ‘shared’ outcomes
- Strong project and change management skills providing a sense of purpose and direction.
- Ability to thrive in high pressure environment
- KPMG is looking for a confident client-facing immigration professional, ideally legally qualified, with strong technical and inter-personal skills.
- It is expected that the successful applicant will have at least 7 years of relevant immigration experience, including 2 years as a manager, in a Big 4 or equivalent firm.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Diversity and Inclusion
Commitment to Diversity Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs! Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams. Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us. We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background. We value the wealth of experience and knowledge that people who have taken a career break can bring to us. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
The D365FO Senior Technical Architect is a key role to KPMG Microsoft Business Solution. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG Microsoft Business Solution.
D365FO Senior Technical Architect will lead the technical delivery of
D365FO; Owning the Technical Solution of a project, ensuring cohesive functional and technical implementations.
- Oversight of multiple D365FO projects
- Be a champion for technical solutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of Dynamics
D365FO development practices, and a good knowledge of other development techniques
- Provide capability to develop sector specific templates to enhance the out of the box
D365FO functionality, giving KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions unique selling point and also a resalable asset
- Deliver high quality development services to clients
- Work closely with the architecture team to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providing development only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration: creating high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation
- Deliver training needs within the team and coach junior staff members;
- Provide Thought Leadership and contribute to Practice Development bringing positive change
- Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Microsoft Business Solution Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan
- Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour
- Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary
- Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally
- Participate in pre-sales activities as requested
- Support practice development activates such as defining and configuring industry specific templates
- Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Directors
- In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training
- Always represent KPMG Microsoft Business Solution in a professional and positive manner
Experience & Skills (including qualifications)
- A proven track record of hands-on experience with D365 F&O, including appropriate certification(s)
- Experience designing, building and delivering solutions using PowerApps, LogicApps, Data Verse and other Azure Services.
- Knowledge of Lifecycle Services and DevOps/Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience in other technologies such as SQL, PowerBI, SharePoint along with a good knowledge .Net
- Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation
- Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration
- Knowledge in gathering technical requirements
- Knowledge of Agile and other Sure Step methodologies
- Good understanding of functional capabilities of D365FO in one or more of the following
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trade & Logistics
- Production and Manufacturing
- Retail and Commerce
- Excellent communication, presentation, demonstration and consultancy skills;
- Pre-sales experience including responding to RFPs and RFQs would be beneficial
- Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams;
- Expertise in providing development solutions in a D365O environment
- Extensive experience as an ERP consultant
- Experience with D365O in a Development Consulting role
- Experience of at least two large scale ERP implementations
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort
- Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge
- A relevant degree within a computational discipline
- Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a legal team of excellent calibre in a global organisation. We expect this opportunity will allow you to broaden your range of legal skills and experience.
KPMG International is the entity with which all member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated. KPMG member firms provide audit, tax and advisory services to clients and are based in 155 countries.
The International Office of the General Counsel is a team based in five countries. The team provides legal advice on key strategic issues for, and supports the execution of key business decisions made by, KPMG International. It also supports KPMG International and the KPMG global network in dealing with legal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks.
The role will involve working, under the ultimate supervision of the General Counsel or other senior experienced lawyers in the team, on a variety of matters including strategic global initiatives requiring corporate legal expertise, corporate and governance legal matters relating to KPMG International itself, corporate transactions or structuring between or involving KPMG International and one or more member firms, governance issues relating to member firms and cross-border legal risk and regulation.
Some international travel may be required (once countries open up their borders and it is safer to do so).
Qualification, Skills and Experience required
We are looking for a qualified lawyer, of approximately 6 years PQE (or equivalent, if not UK qualified), with significant experience advising on corporate matters in areas such as governance and structural matters, investments (including equity and debt), acquisitions, disposals and cross border legal risks and regulations. Experience advising professional services firms, including on partnership agreements, will be advantageous. A successful candidate is likely to have or be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent legal technical skills
- Substantial experience of working as part of a legal team in relation to complex cross-border corporate matters. This experience may have been gained at a top law firm or in an equivalent in-house position
- An understanding of business drivers affecting, and legal, regulatory and business risks faced by, large global organizations
- Awareness of own strengths and areas for development
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a supportive team while taking responsibility for their own work
- Ability to provide clear and pragmatic advice to, and deal confidently with, individuals at all levels
- Ability to deal with people from different cultures in an appropriate way