I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Governance Assistant Manager
Service Line: ExCo and Leadership
Deputy Head of Media Relations - 12 months FTC
Service Line: Corporate Affairs
Audit Resource Advisor
Service Line: Resourcing
Project Lead/ Instructional Designer, Senior Manager
Service Line: IHQ
Power Platform/D365 Functional Consultant
Service Line: Exceptional Items
MSS (Managed Security Services) Onboarding Manager (810)
Service Line: IHQ
The Governance Function comprises a small team aligned to the Office of General Counsel which supports the Chair, Board and Executive Board) at Canary Wharf with responsibility for the management of the governance and meetings infrastructure supporting the Board (and its committees) and the Executive (and its committees). The role involves working closely with Executive leadership, Chair, Chief Risk Officer, General Counsel, Board members, Committee Chairs and Independent Non-Executives.
The main purpose of the role is to provide end to end meeting support for the Audit side of the business which comprises the Audit Executive, Audit Board and Audit Committee. This role reports into the Head of Governance.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparing meeting agendas for review by the Chairs of the Committees.
- Interpreting the governance documents to make recommendations as to the governance applicable to decision making
- Timely compiling and publishing of Committee papers (using Diligent and SharePoint)
- Providing effective and seamless cover for the other Assistant Governance Manager, Head of Governance and other members of the team during periods of annual leave
- Producing accurate and timely minutes of meetings
- Reviewing and updating annual meeting planners for Committees
- Upholding and demonstrating best practice standards of corporate governance
- Tracking and following up of actions raised at meetings
- Maintaining an archive of Committee meeting papers and minutes and responding to requests for documentation from the auditors and regulators
- Maintaining the Function’s Document Management System
- Assisting with the drafting of governance documents
- Ad hoc projects in connection with the governance of KPMG
- Preparing high quality governance resources and templates
- Supporting diary management for meetings; dealing with room bookings and logistics
- Shared FM Secretariat inbox managemen
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- CGI Qualified (ACG) (essential)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written, spoken and presentational
- Meetings organisation;
- Delivery of concurrently running projects and prioritising and reconciling conflicting demands;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Self-sufficient, confident and proactive individual who is prepared to take a hands-on approach to managing their workload using their own initiative;
- Ability to interact effectively and build relationships with senior leaders and wider firm;
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to produce high quality work to tight deadlines;
- IT: proficiency in technology
Any UK office considered. Hybrid working pattern anticipated, with travel to KPMG’s Canada Square office as needed.
An exciting maternity cover opportunity has come up within KPMG UK in a senior PR role as Deputy Head of Media Relations. This collaborative role supports the KPMG Executive and Board members, as well as senior spokespeople working across the firm, on both proactive and reactive media relations and strategic counsel covering long-term profile-raising needs, media handling and issues management.
To perform effectively in this role requires a proactive and skilled approach in developing impactful, UK wide media campaigns while being adept at responding to media interest in our business. This is a fast-paced team where you’ll need to handle new situations quickly, gather facts and respond within a tight deadline. You’ll need to call upon all of your skills and experience to be able to make sound news judgements, often deputising for the Head of Media Relations, as well as supporting the wider Media Relations Team to deliver PR advice.
As the lead for PR across our Consulting, and Infrastructure, Government and Healthcare teams, day to day you’ll be working closely with senior spokespeople on reactive and proactive media handling, and collaborating with colleagues within the Communications Team to deliver integrated plans, as well as with marketing and the global firm.
The role also acts as the PR lead for our network of Vice Chairs, who are Board-level senior partners, giving them strategic advice to help them develop their external profile on the issues that matter most to the firm. This will involve coordinating different members of our Media Relations Team, as well as working across Corporate Affairs, to deliver their campaigns.
This role manages a small team, supports the running of the wider Media Relations Team and controls the budget for the PR activities the team undertakes each year.
Key requirements and experience:
- Team management experience: Prior team management experience, demonstrates a genuine passion for helping and coaching others to help them progress their careers.
- Able to act as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders and build effective relationships: Providing both proactive and reactive media relations advice and strategic counsel covering long-term profile-raising needs.
- Demonstrates ability to make sound news judgements and factors this into decision making of the team, e.g. understanding of the wider business environment, political landscape and the impact actions can have on client relationships.
- Capable of creating impactful, innovative media campaigns linked to a long-term commercial strategy
- Demonstrates ability to lead on key firm issues, responding quickly to reactive press queries and juggling multiple tasks to deadlines
- Builds and maintains strong journalist relationships
- Experience working alongside agencies, industry bodies and other third-parties
- Previous budget management experience (forecasting, cost control, invoicing etc).
- Willingness to provide cover out of hours as required
- Demonstrates an ability to spot issues-led media opportunities ahead of time
- Experience in producing rapid reaction statements in response to media enquiries
- Demonstrates collaborative leadership style: Works closely with other parts of the KPMG business to deliver campaigns, including marketing, public affairs, digital, strategic and internal communications, as well as the global firm.
- Fluent English (written and verbal).
- Prioritises work activities to constraints of demand / budget while overcoming issues for competing demands from different stakeholders effectively.
- Acts a role model of the KPMG values
Resourcing ensures the effective utilisation and development of on and offshore resource. Its responsibilities range from workforce planning and headcount management to demand and supply management for client engagements.
Effective Resourcing contributes significantly to KPMG delivering its business performance but also plays a key role in helping individuals at KPMG fulfil their career ambitions.
The RA will work closely with the Resourcing Manager and Performance Leader within their allocated department to understand the resourcing needs of the business. This will involve combining the management of the annual resource planning cycle of our recurring work with the proactive management of ad hoc resourcing requests for non-audit projects. In order to do this, they need to develop a good understanding of the client base of their respective departments, the pipeline of opportunities and the skills set of the client facing staff in order to make the right resourcing decisions in conjunction with the Resourcing Manager.
- Take responsibility for driving the year round planning process. This includes working closely with managers and senior managers within their respective departments to understand the resourcing requirements for their individual clients.
- Proactively monitor resourcing levels against client level budgets, challenging where resource requests exceed budgeted allocation.
- Chair manager meetings as a group and also on a one to one basis to ensure client needs on each client are covered.
- Understand client booking requirements in terms of complexity and the nature of the jobs, timing, skills requirement and link those with the client service staff skills set and preferences. Understand where there is flexibility in individual bookings.
- Manage the process around shortfalls – understand where the clashes are and how they can be resolved; challenge the requirements – staffing, timing etc. Proactively look for solutions by moving bookings around but still achieving appropriate level of support for our audit clients. Work as a team with other Resource Management Advisors and the Resourcing Manager to manage the shortfall position across National Markets Audit as a whole.
- Take responsibility for managing the Retain bookings to ensure that it accurately reflects our current resourcing positions and that is it is up to date for minimum of 6 months in advance.
- Understand the drivers behind utilisation and utilisation management. This includes appropriate charging of time worked on the client; booking of training commitments; sickness/absenteeism etc. Flag issues of either under-utilisation of resources or where individuals are working consistently over the expected hours.
- Actively participate in regular Resourcing meetings with the People Leaders and with the local Resourcing teams.
- Understand Headcount planning and the need for any additional staff. Proactively communicate with the Resourcing Manager on any issues and concerns arising from the level of headcount we have and the level of ongoing commitments. This will include gaining an understanding of blue sky work expected and the level of staff required to deliver this work.
- Manage holiday requests in conjunction with the agreed policy, approving holiday where appropriate.
- Monitor sickness/absence level highlighting issues as appropriate.
- Monitor time sheet submission, challenging where appropriate on time charged to client or other codes
- Manage on-boarding of all new joiners.
- Training - advising on training bookings, dealing with cancellations and issues as they arise; develop and promote an understanding of the training path requirements for all grades. Chase attendance on mandatory training courses.
- Experience in a resource management environment is desirable
- Excellent personal effectiveness to deal with conflicts, express own ideas persuasively and creatively, obtain buy-in and influence decisions outcomes while managing the expectations of the business
- Good commercial awareness of the business issues that drive resourcing
- Understand our market to balance business goals against each individual’s goals
- Confidence to challenge when necessary at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills to obtain resources for projects both at very short notice and in advance
- An excellent negotiator who is able to build relationships in a wider network
- Strong multi-tasking skills with excellent judgment to work within potentially competing demands.
The Global L&D organization has adopted an agile development approach. In this model it retains a team of professionals who are assembled based on the project needs. Skills needed by the team will include project management, instructional design and course development /programming. As projects are identified, individuals on the team will be assembled based on the nature and degree of skills they possess to meet the project demands. The Project Lead/ID reports to a Performance Solutions Lead who is ultimately responsible for the project. For that specific project a project lead (this role) is assigned from the team of professionals. During that specific project the development team will be led day to day by the project lead for the duration of that project and then be assigned new projects likely with different teams and possible different leads. These solutions being developed are primarily focused on building or enhancing technical capabilities across Global functions but may include business and leadership content. These solutions are identified during the strategic planning process led by the Strategic Business Partner with significant involvement by the Performance Solutions Lead.
When acting in a project lead capacity, this person is responsible for overseeing the end-to-end design and development and/or curation of a portfolio of learning and performance solutions in the annual prioritized list of solutions committed with the business (within a function and cross-functionally).
When acting in a capacity of an ID, this person is responsible for all aspects of performance consulting and adult learning principles and will focus on the analysis, design and content development aspects of the project.
Some projects may combine both the project lead and ID roles for an individual.
Strategic Performance Consulting/Special Projects:
— Collaborate with members of the Strategic Performance Consulting team to:
- Identify innovative learning solutions that will help Global L&D achieve our key business initiatives.
- Assist in shaping the strategy, implementing and driving the use of these solutions cross functionally (including performance consulting, curation strategy etc.).
Leads the detailed design and development activities for assigned projects
— Supports the Audit Performance Solutions Lead, in identifying and engaging needed resources
— Provides background and contextual information for the assigned project team
— Ensures the timely and appropriate engagement of SMEs throughout the end-to-end design and development cycle.
— Partners with the PMO to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and meet the business needs.
— Leads the project team in identifying the most appropriate modality for the learning and performance solutions
— Oversees and participates in the instructional design activities and development of course content.
— Leads the development of instructor briefings, trainings and liaises with external vendors as required.
— Identifies and implements the most appropriate evaluation approach for the solution.
— Liaise with PMO to identify and implement QA processes for project.
— Ensures alignment with key Global L&D initiatives and prioritization.
— Ensures compliance with Global L&D design and development architecture and standards as well as the measurement requirements and takes corrective action as necessary.
— Ensures with PMO that critical success factors and project risks are identified and managed.
— Monitors the effectiveness of the Global solutions developed to identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiency/effectiveness (faster to market at a lower cost).
— Prepares required course administration guides.
— Supports the Performance Solutions Audit Project Leads, Instructional Designers and SMEs in designing solutions:
- Assists in the research and gathering of solution content.
- Provides feedback on proposed flow and sequence of the content.
- Proposes edits to the solutions content.
— Identifies relevant interactive design alternatives for inclusion in the solution that will most effectively accomplish the business objectives and learning outcomes.
— If needed this role may develop content for ILTs/digital/e-learning modules, videos and electronic performance solutions focused on building technical, business and leadership capabilities or a blend of these for a variety of audiences (from KPMG partners to professionals from all functions or level in the firm). Activities may include writing Facilitator guides, e-learning storyboards, video/ podcast scripts, performance support resources and / or deployment and marketing materials.
— Provides input and feedback on individuals providing support to project, in terms of job accountabilities and performance on project.
— Leverages Global L&D networking channels to share ideas, best practices and content as appropriate.
— May perform the role of Performance Manager for certain Developers in the Performance Solutions team
— Participates in internal and external forums to identify emerging trends and best practices as well as learning/performance design for potential implementation and skill development within the Performance Solutions team.
Maintains ongoing, productive relationships with:
— Senior business Stakeholders
— Senior level of SMEs
— Global L&D
— Offshore/onshore vendors
Qualifications and Skills
— Completion of University/College degree
— Qualified accountant
— Learning & Development related certification preferred
Experience and Background
Ideally, incumbent should have experience in:
— Adult learning design and development
— Performance solutions design and development
— Evaluation of learning solutions
— Project Management
— Budget Management
— Performance consulting
— Innovative E-learning design
— UX and UI design principles
— Micro-learning design principles
— Design Thinking
— Evaluation of learning solutions
Ideally, the incumbent should demonstrate the following behaviors:
— Delivers exceptional client experiences
— Seeks insights and perspectives
— Works collaboratively
— Takes ownership of development
— Organizes and structures work
— Delivers relevant solutions
— Shares knowledge
— Maintains drive and resilience
— Plans for contingencies
— Understands the broader context
— Displays confidence and passion
The Power Platform consultant will perform customer delivery of the various Power Platform technologies working closely with client teams and business stakeholders;
Organise, manage and document workshops, meetings and requirements sessions with the client representatives, project stakeholders and delivery teams;
Interface effectively with other members of the delivery team and the solution Architect to ensure that the solution meets client’s requirements;
Deliver high quality business and software solutions and services to clients ensuring the implementation of best practices based on Microsoft standards and supported configuration/customisations;
The creation of high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation including support for testing activities;
Deliver all consultancy and configuration work according to KPMG project methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan: on time and on budget;
Contribute to Pre-Sales activities as required including building demo and proof of concept solutions for various client presentations;
Work on the creation of KPMG Power Platform and Dynamics 365 solutions and industry templates;
Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
Identify business/project risks and mitigate or communicate as necessary;
Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
Support practice development activities such as defining and configuring industry specific solutions;
In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
Work on own initiative and with minimal support if needed;
To carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the management team;
Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Ideally a degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Professional certifications in Power Platform and D365 business applications
Proven 3+ years’ experience in delivering end to end solutions using Power Platform and D365 platform.
Understanding of the different implementation methodologies
Sound knowledge of Agile Methodology, DevOps, Configuration Management and Automation Tools
Ability to solve complex business requirements using the product features minimising the use of extensions when possible.
Capable of learning new technologies or features and share the knowledge with the broader team.
Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and in writing
- Confident in running workshops and translating business requirements to user stories
Willing to travel abroad when required
KPMG’s IPG Manages Security Services (MSS) helps defend KPMG and its clients from cyber-attacks, through timely detection, investigation and remediation of potential threats.
The Onboarding manager is responsible for managing a team to enable the continuous cycle of onboarding new technologies, services and service enhancements into our Member Firm and internal KPMGI Function Customers. The role holder will be responsible for the following:
• Provide management of the onboarding team
• Supervising BAU onboarding activities
• Working with Security Product management to identify new products or product enhancements that will require onboarding into live MSS services.
• Working with IPG PMO to identify projects, both IPG and other areas, that will require onboarding into live MSS services.
• Work with MSS Operational teams to ensure smooth onboarding of end to end service capabilities.
• Track and report to MSS and IPG Management on all Onboarding activities
• Produce and maintain process and procedural documentation
• Provide input on Onboarding and wider MSS strategy
% of Time Accountability:
40 Oversee management of team to ensure smooth onboarding process
30 Interaction with other ISS (Information Security Services) departments, PMO and other projects external to IPG
30 MSS (Managed Security Services) operations Interaction; produce and maintain process and procedural documentation
“Everyone a Leader” Competencies
Apply a strategic perspective: Uses diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues
Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
Foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
Technical Skills & Qualifications
Experience with Microsoft Azure Security monitoring solutions
• Experience working with various project delivery methodologies
• Experience in working within multiple large complex Projects, Ideally security related.
• Experience of working in an operational Security environment.
• Experience of managing a distributed team of security engineering professionals
• 5 plus years of security experience preferable and 5 plus years of IT experience preferable
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Networking, or Computer Security or equivalent experience
• CISSP or CISA or CISM or Certifications or equivalent desirable.
• Experience of working in a high volume and result-oriented operational environment.
• Experience of working in high performing teams and understand the dynamics of teamwork in a SOC environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications and the ability to document and maintain processes and procedures
• Experience of working in a Security Services environment
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure and the associated security toolsets
• Knowledge of other Cloud vendor environments and technologies
• Experience of using and working within defined project delivery methodologies
• Experience of delivering large complex security related projects
• Experience of leading a globally distributed team