I'm looking for
Search results for "Powered Finance Director"
Powered Finance Director
Service Line: Financial Management
Director - Asset Management Advisory - IAG
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Economics Director - Technical Specialist
Service Line: Forensic
Tax Director - Customs, London
Service Line: Indirect Tax
Director - Financial Services - Strategy
Service Line: Strategy
Director - Core Asset Management Tax
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Powered Enterprise is KPMG’s world-class accelerated Enterprise Business Transformation approach for cloud-based solutions that uses pre-designed back-office leading practices and KPMG’s six-layer Target Operating Model. It enables clients to make better, faster decisions, resulting in a quicker implementation and a faster path to Return on Investment. This solution combines the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading practice, capabilities and insight into a complete solution for an effective back-office.
In the Finance Transformation (FT) and Powered Finance team, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Finance Functions and generate real insights to help deliver value to our clients. We are a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, working together with technology focussed professionals to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients.
Our mission is to be the leading FT practice in the UK market, to be number one in our focus markets, and to be recognised as innovators in finance technology.
Client facing Director to grow our Finance Transformation and Powered Finance practice with extensive experience of implementing ERP technologies as well as cloud-based systems, particularly focussed on S/4 HANA and Central Finance
Your responsibilities as a Director:
responsibility for leading programmes and projects of a large size and complexity, with respect to planning, managing and executing the delivery of engagements, including overseeing the writing of client reports and the review and quality assurance of work products
identifying and managing risks, engagement assurance and commercial risk management and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
leading large teams, identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on managing and mentoring engagement team members, coaching and skills transfer
taking a leading role in processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business and achieving our Mission Statement
leading the establishment and development of relationships both internally and with clients, as well as leading business development activity (including developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/bids for future work)
Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
Evidence of being an active listener, strong team player and willingness to develop new skills and capabilities
Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
Seeks to understand others motivations
Supports others to make brave decisions
Experience of implementing ERP technologies for Finance function
Relevant finance qualification – ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent
Flexibility to travel
Skills and experience required
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Proven track record of working on finance improvement consulting projects, working across multiple aspects of a finance function and ERP implementation particularly SAP, S/4 HANA, Central Finance
Good understanding of issues and challenges facing Finance functions, Finance business partnering and trends in Finance.
Experience managing teams to deliver to deadlines and required quality standards; experience developing, coaching and mentoring team members
Excellent communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting internal and client relationships; and the ability to deliver clear, concise, focused messages to senior finance team members or clients
Strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
Impactful written communications, producing high quality, client ready outputs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio)
Deep knowledge and understanding of the Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Projects, Record to Report process (underlying drivers to general ledger transactions, consolidation, disclosures etc.) and interdependencies with other processes.
Strong knowledge of month end close processes and key constraints organisations
Experience of multiple enterprise software deployments (preferably cloud deployments)
Knowledge of how Finance processes are enabled within finance systems landscape (preferably SAP, S/4HANA or SAP CFIN)
Relevant large corporates experience and knowledge in one or more of the following sectors:
Aerospace & Defence
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
We are seeking an infrastructure professional with a good understanding of asset management principles and the transformation of infrastructure organisations together with a strong track record making real change in these organisations. The individual should have a good track record in professional services including both work winning and delivery together with a proven reputation in the sector. They will
the Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Operating Model Transformation, Strategy and Planning, Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk and Technology.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Asset organisation and operating model design and transformation
- Development and delivery of asset management improvement programmes
- Asset investment planning and decision-making frameworks
- Network resilience and maintenance planning including risk-based approaches
- Assurance and SME peer review of key business processes
- Data and technology advisory services for the asset lifecycle
- Development of strategic plans and businesses cases
As a Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for:
- Leading large, complex client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Leading the KPMG team on project from both the AMA team and across the business
- Identifying and recruiting talent
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and bring insights and leading practice to share across sectors
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
- Targeting key clients in-line with our strategy and developing a pipeline of opportunities to support the growth of the AMA business
- Building sustainable relationships with client in key markets including P&U and/or transport
- Working with other parts of KPMG to win work aligned with our strategy
- Building a strong external and internal network to promote our services and the value provided
- Pro-actively promoting our services
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements
We are looking for a person who can work at pace and bring experience and practical solutions across the broad services we provide and is able to work across different client types. Proven experience in delivering complex engagements, with a high level of client relationship management and a track record of delivery high quality outputs and securing further work. The technical background will varying and will likely to come from an asset, project and/or business management background for asset intensive organisations.
- Track record in improving performance of asset intensive organisations at an enterprise level adopting the principles of asset management
- Excellent presentation and communications experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Understanding transformation of asset intensive organisations
- End to end process for asset management and capital delivery for asset intensive organisations
- Life-cycle decision-making and the ability to manage and direct the creation of asset management plans, capital programmes or maintenance regimes
- Assessing and managing risks at both a service/network level and an asset level.
- Good understanding of asset management information and knowledge management
- Experience in one or more key sectors of Transport, Defence, Property/Estates or Utilities
- Good client relationship track record.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management IT systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
KPMG’s Economics team serves a diverse international client base, advising firms on a broad range of high profile issues, from strategy, to financial stability to impact of regulatory changes as well as competition issues across a variety of industries.
The practice spans a number of functional areas, with core skills ranging from micro and macro-economics, competition and regulatory economics, micro and macro-econometrics, regulatory strategy, cost modelling, pricing and regulatory finance and accounting.
In the macro-economics space, engagements include IFRS9 economic scenario assistance on KPMG-audited entities and advisory clients; stress testing for financial institutions and forecasting market and sector outlook. Our team of economists works closely with leading academic advisors, drawing on in-depth sector knowledge from experts within the KPMG network, to deliver high quality economic advice to our clients.
KPMG’s Economics team sits within KPMG Forensic, and is part of KPMG’s Risk Consulting group.
The highly successful Economics practice at KPMG is looking to accelerate its recent growth. The team typically works with clients at board level, offering interesting and varied work, and the opportunity to earn substantial rewards by expanding our successful practice in the UK and across Europe.
KPMG is seeking a Director with significant CGE modelling expertise. The role will involve leading development of enhancements to our CGE modelling capabilities, in particular in relation to the economics of climate change, collaborating with leading academics. The role will involve working closely with KPMG’s broader climate change modelling practice.
The role will require the ability to present technical economic modelling to internal and external stakeholders, as well as providing written deliverables.
The role will also involve marketing our economic modelling capabilities to clients, and internal KPMG stakeholders.
The role will be for a position that is an integral part of the Economics team. We will expect the successful candidate to live the values all round. The role will also involve a significant amount of coaching and development of more junior staff.
All of the above should be delivered while displaying outstanding risk management.
PhD in economics focussed on CGE modelling.
Experience developing CGE models from scratch, and adapting these models to suit specific client needs as well as the developments in the economics literature.
Strong understanding of available climate models and techniques, and an established network in this space including with leading think tanks.
Ability to work across diverse projects, with other skillsets.
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non- economists and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situation.
Proven experience of leading and managing teams, and an ability to work collaboratively.
Experience working in a senior role with proven experience of delivering complex economic output to senior stakeholders to inform critical decision making.
Ability to write proposals and to sell work in the space of CGE modelling.
Experience in managing commercial and contractual risk.
Location of roles are nationwide.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge, at Director or Associate Partner level across our tax & legal national markets business, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets.
Our growth areas' include:
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
You will be required to work within the National Markets team to accelerate the growth of our business. Specifically key aspects will be to:
• Build an internal network within the wider tax and advisory practices of our firm
• Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers and other more junior members of the team.
• Set the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client - knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions, and can match both effectively through assimilation.
• Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people.
• Strong resilience to enable flexibility in approach and ability to work under pressure.
• Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
• Lead business development initiatives and pitch for work with both new and existing clients, potentially both domestically and internationally.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly adapt to a range of situations and audiences from both written and oral perspective.
• Strong attention to detail, to enable you to review complex technical problems, whilst maintaining an overall strategic and customer service focused perspective, for all deliverables we produce for our clients
• Excellent internal networking skills with the ability to confidently and knowledgably communicate with other Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners within our professional services environment.
• Strong business development and client facing skills with a proven history of being able to identify opportunities and convert them to commercial projects.
• Excellent project management skills and an ability to manage your own workload, as well the workloads of others in your team.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
The role of GSG is to work with C-level Executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues across the economic and transaction cycles. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, our consultants offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to corporate, public sector and private equity clients. Our consultants also receive a superior level of training and coaching to enable them to meet the needs of our global client base.
We focus on four key propositions. Growth strategy, Deal strategy, Cost strategy and Enterprise-wide-transformation. The Financial Services team focuses on three specific sectors; banking, insurance and investment management.
We are looking for an experienced consultant to help develop and build our financial services practice in one of our three focus sectors, working alongside other partners and directors to develop and commercialise client relationships and lead engagement delivery across our core propositions.
Our Strategy Group is at the heart of the Firm's growth agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms. The team works closely with colleagues across the other Strategy sector groups and broader advisory practices within the firm to build market profile, develop relationships and deliver work.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to enhance the existing Director group.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record of leading large, multi-disciplinary transactions teams and building, sustaining and commercialising relationships with clients. As engagement leaders, Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice
• Engagement leadership: leading multiple large, complex engagements in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
• Business development: building, commercialising and sustaining relationships with senior management teams for the benefit of the Firm. Leading strategy relationships with specific clients and developing propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients
• Risk management: managing risks appropriately and ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
• Team development: identifying team development needs and accelerating development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Personal development: participating in the career and skills development of more junior staff and acting as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm
• Performance management: being responsible for coaching and performance management of a small number of more junior staff in the department
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Strong academic background and Financial Services industry track record
• Extensive experience of delivering large and complex strategy and transformation engagements, including cross border and multi-disciplinary engagements, preferably with a significant proportion of this experience within either the banking, insurance or asset management sector
• Detailed knowledge of either the banking, insurance or asset management sector, with the ability to talk credibly to senior management at clients on the key issues facing the industry, potential implications and strategic considerations / options
• A thorough knowledge of the financial services operating environment and understanding of the strategies of our clients
• The ability to develop strong client relationships and a proven track record of developing and commercialising new relationships
• A commercial mind set, with the ability to maximise revenue opportunities for strategy and the wider firm
• A high degree of resilience and a willingness to work under extreme pressure in rapidly changing situations
• Strong personal impact, comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders
• Evidence of working successfully with senior management teams at clients
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
Our work requires a broad range of skills as we look after clients from a range of different markets and maturities. Previous Asset Management, Private Equity or Alternative Investments experience is required at this level, whether this is in-house or in practice. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of the Asset Management industry and the taxation of the various corporate and fund structures to our client base.
At Director level, you will be responsible for originating work by spotting ideas and opportunities and converting them into a proposition. You will build new relationships with clients and develop existing relationships both inside and outside of the firm. You will demonstrate leadership both within the team and more broadly across the KPMG Tax & Legal capability.
We are looking for a Director to join our Core Asset Management Tax team in London.
You will be expected to participate in bringing new offerings to the market, helping to develop new areas, generating new clients and leads for Asset Management Tax and the broader tax practice. This role will have a particular focus on driving our relationships with Middle East clients and strengthening our UK-Middle East corridor. Experience in working with this geographic market and an existing network of contacts would be highly beneficial.
You will also be responsible for building a network across all capabilities of the Financial Services coverage group of the UK firm, generating leads from both the internal and external markets, and mentoring bright and enthusiastic members of the Core AM team.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit an experienced Director to our successful Core AM team in London. Alternative locations will also be considered on request.
The role will involve working on a range of clients and projects.
Be a key member of KPMG’s Core AM leadership team. You will be required to build and expand your network (internal and external) to generate work.
Lead the delivery of advice to a variety of clients demonstrating strong technical and risk management skills.
Expand the UK-Middle East International corridor, building a strong network of client contacts, identifying and promoting opportunities to build on our existing Core AM services and leveraging your relationships with the Middle East for the benefit of the wider T&L practice.
Enhance and build the advisory offering through developing and improving the skills of our people.
Delegate effectively, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster the development of the team members.
Identify potential risks (delivery and reputational) and deliver innovative and competitive solutions.
Recognise and develop opportunities to further grow the broader Core AM and FS Tax and Legal business.
Qualifications and Skills
Director candidates should have a proven technical track record but this is just a part of what we are looking for. In addition you should have:-
- Appropriate professional qualification e.g. ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working in management positions in significant Core AM / Financial Services Market facing leadership skills.
-Ideally, a proven track record of working with and building relationships with key FS clients in the Middle East.
- Ambition and drive that matches the ambition that we have for this business.
- A strong team ethic and the ability to grow resources and personally invest both within your immediate peer group but also more widely across the firm.
- Be a self-starter who sees the opportunity in this market to evolve the business strategy in line with the changing needs of our evolving client base.
- A passion for delivering exceptional service achieved by strength and depth of client relationships and a strong belief in the value of your chosen specialist area.
- Proven track record of building long term client relationships with high ranking senior executives and high net worth individuals, family offices and enterprises.
- Excellent technical specialist knowledge and expertise on a wider range of Core AM and shareholders matters and self-assessment including aspects relevant to international mobile senior executives.