I'm looking for
Search results for "Senior Manager - Audit Risk Operations"
Manager - Audit Business Risk
Service Line: Audit
SOX Manager - Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance
Service Line: IARCS
Senior Manager - Legal Operations Transformation
Service Line: Legal Services
Analyst - Internal Audit Risk and Compliance Services
Service Line: IARCS
Senior Manager, Operations - Supply Chain
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Senior Manager, Operations - Procurement
Service Line: Operational Transformation
The Business Risk Manager supports the Head of Business Risk through a wide variety of projects and activities. The objective of the role is to help ensure that the Firm’s core risk policies are complied with by working closely with engagement teams and leadership teams across different business units. The audit landscape is changing, and for the Business Risk Function to continue to support the Business, the Risk Function needs to be proactive and not reactive to risk.
The Business Risk Function is embedded into the Audit Function and as such is an integral and important part of the audit function. As the risk environment evolves, due to changes in legislation and reporting standards, the current policies and processes will need to be aligned to those changes. In order to achieve this successfully the function works closely with other areas of the business such as Audit Risk Management, Central Risk, Office of General Counsel, Finance and Sentinel.
The role requires initiative and flexibility, suiting an efficient organiser.
The Manager will support the Head of Business Risk for Audit where the team will contribute to providing support to the Audit Function and the wider Audit Risk Management Function. This will include managing three Assistant Managers across the Audit Business Risk Function.
Risk MI and Risk Register – Assist the Head of Business Risk in:
• Contributing to the development, reporting and management of risk-related MI to support Audit and Risk leadership.
• Supporting Audit leadership in identifying risks and appropriate actions required to manage/bring back identified risks within risk appetites.
• Supporting the implementation and operation of strategic initiatives on portfolio management from commercial and/or risk perspectives.
• Providing risk updates and reports to the Head of Business Risk
Risk Operating System – Microsoft Dynamics (“MSD”)
• Managing the monthly and yearly data validation for audit
• Working with Firm-wide Ethics & Independence team to identify and resolve potential rotational breaches
• Managing the risk data within MSD, which will include identifying and rectifying risk errors
• To act as a Business Risk MSD Super User. You will be required to provide ongoing support, advice and training to engagement teams with regards to MSD engagement management set-up
• Management of data for monthly reporting which will include producing deliverables for both internal and external reviews to include Regulators
• Take ownership of the partner rotation process, working with Partners and Segment Heads. You will be required to identify potential regulatory breaches and escalate to the Head of Business Risk where appropriate
• Analysis and delivery of all Partner / Director succession planning
• Monitor the information currently held on the MSD system, ensuring that the information is set up correctly and challenge where appropriate
• Management of KGS as and when required
• Attend briefings and training sessions led by Central Audit Risk and communicate outputs back to the function
• Supporting and Advising Key Stakeholders of the Business as and when required
Annual Risk Review
• Supporting with output of the Annual Risk Review process in collaboration with Audit Risk
• Support the Head of Business Risk and leadership teams implement actions in response to findings from the Annual Risk Review process
• Supporting the Head of Business Risk with ad hoc regulatory reporting
• Supporting the Head of Business Risk with requests from the Regulatory Affairs Department and responses to regulatory queries
• Management of non-financial sanctions
• Supporting requests for Regulatory Compliance Reviews which will include working with the audit teams to collate and analyse responses
• Record keeping of other regulatory requirements
• Management of Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”) and Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) resignation process
• Support the Head of Business Risk to manage the responses needed for the monthly risk analysis and Other Entity of Public Interest (“OEPI”) tools
• Provide responses to ad hoc queries that arise from audit teams
• Continue to work on raising the profile of Business Risk across the Firm
• Review of Multi-Firm Engagement (“MFE”) arrangements and provide guidance to audit teams as and when needed
• Provide support with ad hoc projects
• Managing risk consultations and approvals for audit engagement team in line with the Firm’s policies and procedures, working in collaboration with Audit Risk.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
The role will include interactions with senior leadership across audit, risk and engagement teams
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
This is a role with impact across the Audit Capability Group where there is accountability for significant projects within audit risk management. It may include preparation of reports and risk registers for senior leadership
Experience and Background
— Awareness of the different types of service delivered out of audit firms
— Decision making around engagement acceptance
— Understanding and documenting policies, processes and controls, identifying weaknesses and making and implementing recommendations
— Identifying and reporting on trends in data
— Project management of multiple workstreams alongside unpredictable consultation workload
— Able to get to grips with technical content including law, regulation, assurance standards, contracts and policy and recommend how to apply to practical scenarios
— Confident in exploring opportunities with engagement leaders
— Awareness of the nature and effect of key clauses in professional services contracts
— Advanced Microsoft Office Skills – particularly Excel
— Experience of delivering a range of services at manager level or above within a professional services firm
— Experience of performing risk assessments, scoring risks and preparing risk registers
Qualifications and Skills
— Educated to a degree level
— Risk Management Qualification desirable
— Recognised accountancy qualification desirable
— CISI / ICA Qualified – Desirable
— Experience in a busy team environment
— Experience of Microsoft applications and SharePoint.
— Excellent attention to detail
— Accountability – use own initiative to provide effective support
— Drive and Resilience – time management and organisational skills
— Building Relationships – good communication skills (both written and oral)
— Problem Solving
— Flexibility – adaptable to changing situations
— Team management
— Team working
— Project management
— Experience of Microsoft Dynamics desirable but not essential
Within IARCS, we have an opportunity for a Manager based in the Corporates team in London
Role and Responsibilities:
As an Manager in Corporates IARCS there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements for Corporate clients and your role will involve:
- Drive and lead the day-to-day execution of Advisory Engagements (Sarbanes-Oxley assistance, Risk Assessments, Maturity Assessments, Internal Controls Diagnostics Reviews) for clients, including activities such as; Design and development of risk assessments, annual assurance plans, working papers, development of assurance reports to provide summarised testing results, and other deliverables based on the specific engagement requirements.
- Serve as a coach and mentor and provide opportunities for on-the-job training for staff, as well as other team members.
- Identify and clearly communicate performance improvement opportunities and leading practices to client personnel and senior management.
- Work with partners and directors to assist in practice management including resource allocation, career development of staff, and other administrative decisions.
- Support KPMG thought leadership communications by sharing and participating in the development and publication of best practice and thought leadership papers, including development of new service offerings and benchmarking.
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the client and engagement or project teams to provide well-coordinated and consistent high performance results
Skills, Qualification & Experience:
At KPMG, we think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
- Strong experience in assurance, controls and / or corporate compliance-related experience, including consulting, auditing, risk management, and experience should include performing internal or external audits from the beginning of an engagement or project through completion
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to use data effectively identify and resolve issues
- Ability to identify observations and recommendations for business operations and control issues in correlation with key risk disciplines (including financial reporting, regulatory, and operational)
- Advanced risk, controls, accounting and / or information technology operations knowledge, as well as command of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, SOX, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations and/or Control Objectives for Information and related Technology control framework
- Previous experience leading teams and managing projects, and accustomed to taking an active role in executing engagements
- Experience in evaluating Design and Operating Effectiveness under Internal Controls Framework, ICFR assessment, and Internal Audit experience in the relevant sector.
- Prior experience in Consulting is required.
- Prior experience with a Big 4 is desirable.
KPMG’s Contract Management Transformation team is expanding, and we are seeking experienced management consultants to join the team. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent contract-related business challenges.
This is a fast-growth area of the business and as such we are looking for an individual who is an experienced consultant, ambitious and passionate about working within a newly formed team. This is an exciting for the right induvial to help build-out the proposition and take the offering to clients.
Engaging with clients on a range of topics across the contracting landscape including strategy, process evaluation, process improvement and risk mediation, design of contracting service delivery models, governance, data and reporting
The role will work hand-in-hand with our technical Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) solution architects and will be responsible for gathering requirements and designing process flows for aligned with client contracting and functional processes.
Play a leadership role in building out the proposition
Design, plan and develop complex business solutions that include IA, enabling technology solutions, and functional contracting insights
Working with clients to shape and realise their desired employee experience through a thoughtful architecture of solutions
• Supporting business development and project delivery activities across clients from multiple industries
• Defining an overall CLM solution leveraging leading practice solutions to support the business requirements
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand other’s motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• An understanding of the key contracting business issues/drivers that result in clients pursuing transformation programmes.
• Experience of working in a multi-functional environment (e.g. Sales, Procurement, Legal, HR etc.).
• Experience of working effectively with senior client representatives.
• A specialist knowledge in the contracting process areas (i.e. Request to Execute, Manage to Terminate, Retain to Dispose, Templates & Clauses, Reporting and Analytics)
• Ideally CLM SaaS technology implementation experience would be an advantage
• A background in designing and delivering end-to-end business processes across multiple process areas
• An understanding of the functional, application and technical architectural elements of an ERP programme.
• Should be able to independently run client workshops to drive design decisions and system demonstration in both an in person and remote delivery mode.
• Prepare configuration & other design documents (Functional specification, Solution design document)
• Experience of contracting concepts (required for Cloud ERP Implementation projects)
• Experience to drive the technical deliverables such as Data migration principles & Integration Design (mainly from functional perspective)
• Experience of operating and implementing in a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise.
• Understanding of a Cloud ERP delivery lifecycle using established delivery methods.
• An appreciation of the influence of user experience-based design e.g. Personas, user journeys and how this can be used to augment a solution.
Strong documentation, reporting and presentation skills in both a virtual and in person mode.
Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesise large amounts of information
• Experience producing project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, configuration document, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc.)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Projects
• Strong interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills
• Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time
• Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications
• Good attention to detail and an ability to analyse and use data in decision making
• Strong organisational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
• Market Development:
• Work with colleagues to identify and translate potential demand into new engagements.
• Understand business problems and identify commercial opportunities for us. Develop and own market facing propositions
• Proactively drive client relationships within the market, understanding insurance company needs and how KPMG can bring our services to support them.
• Performance Manage other members of the team, to develop their careers and support the continued development of a vibrant and exciting team culture.
• Be a key part of the Insurance Technology Leadership team, developing our go to market capability.
• Collaborate with colleagues to maximise and share our knowledge and experience.
• Be a steward of KPMG values throughout our internal practice
Within IARCS, we have an opportunity for an Analyst based in the Corporates team in London
Role and Responsibilities:
• Performing Internal Controls Framework Audits, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) assessments, Internal Audits: Conducting Tests of Design and Test of Operating Effectiveness of controls.
• Reviewing and developing client's custom Risk & Control Matrices to ensure alignment of test procedures and control language to enhance efficiencies in remote execution of test procedures.
• Expected to support client service delivery by consistently meeting quality guidelines within the established turnaround times (or allotted budget) for assigned requests.
• Direct client interaction, wherever required.
• Drafting Process Documentation/Flowcharts and creating SOP’s
• Guiding/ coaching Executives on Test of Operating Effectiveness
• Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding financial services sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques;
• Supporting the KGS Engagement Assistant Manager/ Manager with project management responsibilities, in terms to tracking status, quality and time."
• Identify and communicate IT audit findings to senior management and clients
• Help identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients"
Skills and Experience:
• The candidate must have relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in in internal audit, internal controls, risk management or governance in relevant sector.
• Strong communication skills, technical knowledge, and the ability to write at a publication quality level in order to communicate findings and recommendations to the client's senior management team
• Project or team lead experience, specifically within a consulting firm is preferred
• Experience in evaluating Design and Operating Effectiveness under Internal Controls Framework, ICFR assessment, and Internal Audit experience in the relevant sector.
• Prior experience with a Big 4 is desirable
Our Supply Chain Operations team of approximately 90 consultants are seeking experienced consultants and industry professionals to grow and develop our capability. Our brand and reputation mean that we work on high profile projects, using our experience to create innovative solutions to our clients’ commercial problems.
Within the Private Sector we work with many blue chip companies, including a number of FTSE 100 Clients and many regional based Clients, delivering improvements in their Supply Chain capability and how it aligns to the wider business, which is integral to their overall profitability.
Within the Public Sector we work with clients across Government, Defence, Police, NHS and Higher Education. We help them to meet challenging Government targets to deliver frontline services more effectively.
The key services are outlined below:
Digital Supply Chain
• Assessing, designing or implementing solutions which digitise the supply chain e.g.Omnichannel solutions in Retail, Consumer Goods or Telco
• Control Towers e.g. for Supply Planning, 4PL, Supply Chain Visibility
• SC Visibility solutions across the extended enterprise e.g. into customers and suppliers.
Supply Chain Analytics
• Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and should cost modelling
• Supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation.
• Providing insight on the supply chain technology market across the value chain (plan, buy, make, sell, deliver)
Supply Chain Transformation
• Assessment of a client’s existing capabilities in the supply chain against leading practice
• Identifying improvement areas across people, process and technology
• Developing Supply Chain Strategy and business alignment
• Defining new operating models that enhance supply chain value creation and return on investment
• Designing improvements in Procurement capability including through the introduction of leading practice processes, organisation redesign, technology and cultural change
• Helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Supply Chain that leverages cloud based tools, advanced analytics, robotics process automation and AI solutions to optimise planning or execution of core supply chain processes (e.g. demand planning, supply planning, logistics management)
• Building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
• Supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions to meet business requirements
A Senior Manager will be responsible for leading consulting work as part of a team, both alongside colleagues and clients, on complex commercial or transformational engagements
As well as leading teams to deliver these solutions, Senior Managers are also expected to lead practice development by developing and bringing to fruition new solutions, be actively engaged in driving new business development activity, provide a broad contribution to development of the overall team and input ideas to the management team.
Role & Responsibilities
• Primary focus on leading and delivering large, complex and transformational client facing programmes
• Forming and leading cross-functional project teams to deliver exceptional client outcomes on time, within budget and tailored to client requirements and expectations
• Establish and maintain relationships with clients with prospect to identify future opportunities
• Support clients on how new supply chain trends can impact their business (e.g. digital), and how they can adopt new technologies and ways of working to improve their operations and teams
• Partnering across KPMG to identify and deliver connected consulting opportunities
• Ownership and development of key strategical supply chain propositions
• Performance management, development and mentoring UK supply chain team
• Ownership and development of key supply chain services propositions
Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time and will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
The role will be based in Canary Wharf, London.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Supply Chain Manager with a proven delivery record and senior leadership experience to lead complex commercial or transformational engagements for KPMG clients
• Prior consulting experience within supply chain / operations consulting
• Digital supply chain expertise
• Advanced supply chain analytics knowledge
• Expert understanding of supply chain processes – including: demand planning, supply planning, logistics management, Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) or Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
• Experience leading multiple, large, complex supply chain transformation programmes
• Experience communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems to a range of audience types including c-suite stakeholders
• Knowledge of financial business cases for change and rolling out cost restructuring initiatives
• Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
• Experience of managing project plans, internal processes and budgets
The following experience would be of additional value:
• Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company or central Government experience
• Experience in using data visualization and data analytics tools to support decision making;
• Familiarity with agile principles and project management methodology e.g. Scrum
• Extensive knowledge of the current supply chain technology market
• Project management and high quality delivery.
• Leadership and relationship building.
• Drive and resilience
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others.
• Stakeholder management and political navigation
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to rapidly identify issues and propose solutions, supported by data and analysis.
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Extensive sales experience
• Excellent commercial acumen and business context.
• Broad consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, data gathering, process mapping and analysis.
• Security clearance BPSS / SC are a plus
• Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent. Postgraduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CIPS/CILT) is advantageous.
We are seeking an experienced Procurement professional to join our Corporates Operations Transformation team. Our team helps clients build leading practice capability across plan, source, make, move and sell - focussing on large corporate clients in the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 businesses.
In the Procurement domain we are recognised as industry leaders by clients and analysts including:
• ALM Vanguard leader in Sourcing and Procurement Consulting
• A Spend Matters 50/50 Provider to Know
• A Leader in Business Consulting Services (IDC)
We are specifically seeking an individual with experience of procurement transformation programmes including digital / technology. The key services are outlined below:
o Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and Should cost modelling
o Supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation.
o Assessment of a client’s existing procurement capability against leading practice
o Identifying procurement improvement areas across people, process and technology
o Developing Procurement Strategy and business alignment
o Defining new procurement operating models that enhance procurement value creation and return on procurement
o Evaluating insource / outsource for back- and middle-office as well as frontline services - including working in or delivering outsourced contracts
o Designing improvements in Procurement capability including through the introduction of leading practice procurement operating models, organisation redesign, procurement techniques, technology and processes
o Supporting our clients to implement improvements across the end to end Source to pay Process including business partnering, benefits realisation, procurement analytics, category management, sourcing, contract management supplier management and purchase to pay
o Producing and delivering structured training courses to upskill an existing procurement and supply chain team.
Digital Procurement Strategy
o Providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics and Category Management
o Helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Procurement that leverages cloud based source to pay technology, advanced analytics, collaborative category management technology, robotics process automation and AI solutions
o Building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
o Supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions to meet business requirements
Cost and Cash Optimisation
o Procurement analytics - Analysis of and insights from data (incl spend) to drive better decision making
o Identification of savings/value creation opportunities using a range of demand and supply side levers
o Delivering savings/value creation initiatives through strategic sourcing, contract improvement, outsourcing, supplier management, demand management, cash process improvement, contract audits and other approaches
o Tracking value to the client’s P&L and locking in benefits
• Leading complex sourcing including managed services in categories including Facilities, IT and Logistics
• Advising clients on the appropriate strategy for complex outsourcing including service and commercial models
• Planning and executing sourcing and vendor evaluation
• Planning and managing vendor transition and service transformation
As well as managing the delivery of these solutions, the senior manager will lead or support business development activity including:
o Generating sales
o Understanding client requirements and identifying how and where KPMG can add value
o Guiding and informing the development of new propositions and technologies through knowledge gained in the market
o Development of thought leadership and participation in brand-building and brand-awareness exercises
o Building client relationships at senior management levels in our key clients / sectors
o Developing proposals for clients and leading RFP responses
o Defining and executing marketing and sales campaigns
o Balancing both sales and deliver responsibilities
We are looking for someone with a strong Procurement background, however, it will be advantageous if they also have broader Supply Chain experience.Ideally you will have previous experience of consulting within Procurement and / or have a senior operational management background or similar role within procurement with skills developed across different markets and sectors.
Digital Procurement Transformation Transforming procurement capability at large corporate clients using digital technology Understanding of the current procurement technology market and trends including providers such as Coupa, Ariba, Ivalua and Oracle Detailed knowledge of procurement processes – including: sourcing, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, supply relationship management Purchase to Pay (P2P), Experience designing and implementing Procurement operating model changes Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments Experience of managing direct reports and / or project team.Additional experience:
Experience of complex cost reduction programmes across direct and indirect spend including, analysis, design and implementation Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company experience Understanding of advanced procurement analytics techniques, tools and approaches Category knowledge of areas of direct and indirect spend Sector experience in Defence Detailed knowledge of procurement processes demand and supply planning, warehousing, distribution, S&OP, IBP and) procurement procedures.
Selling, leading and delivering large, complex and transformational programmes and drawing on diverse solutions to successfully resolve client issues. Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients and evidence of an existing strong network of client relationships. Managing senior stakeholders up to board level. Recognised as an expert in Procurement and Supply Chain, with ability to provide credible technical insight to clients. Deep knowledge of the sector, and the key client issues. Experience of complex cost reduction programmes across direct and indirect spend including, analysis, design and implementation Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments Experience in sustainable procurement process improvement Experience designing and implementing Procurement operating model changes Demonstrating an ability to inspire and foster a sense of self belief in others. Leading and selling solutions drawn from across broader KPMG Advisory Services. Leading teams to deliver projects. Experience of managing direct reports and / or project team. Leading business development activity, developing business cases, and selling new opportunities. Demonstrating perseverance and tenacity, and the ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems