I'm looking for
Search results for "technology engineering"
Head of Technology Category
Service Line: Finance
Technology Programme Lead
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Assistant Manager - Claims & Incentives Tax - Software Technology
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
Connected Technology Senior Manager (Strategy & transformation) - HALO
Service Line: MC Technology
Senior Manager – Cyber – Operational Technology
Service Line: RC Technology
Connected Technology Senior Manager (Strategy & transformation) - KPE
Service Line: MC Technology
The Procurement function‘s objectives are:
- To be regarded as an invaluable business partner by the firm’s Infrastructure functions (in particular Facilities, HR , Marketing and IT) and by the wider business functions (Audit, Tax, Advisory and Markets)
- To drive the continuous improvement of third-party goods & services and minimise the risks associated with commercial contracting activities through the application of best-practice procurement across the firm
- To support the business with technology investments to enable profitable revenue growth
- To deliver year-on-year financial benefit to the firm
Overview of the Position
Procurement’s sourcing activities are managed by three core category teams; Corporate Services (Facilities & Marketing Services, HR & Professional Services), Technology Services and Travel Services. The Head of Technology Category, reports to the Chief Procurement Officer.
Technology spend overall for KPMG LLP is circa £90m per annum, incapsulating both internally and externally focussed Technology spend. Whilst internally focussed Technology spend represents a large proportion of this spend, the externally focussed technology spend, also encompasses a revenue exposure as the services are more directly associated to external KPMG client delivered solutions.
The Head of Technology Category is responsible for maximising the contribution of the Technology Services category to the firm. Leading and working together with the retained KPMG procurement leadership team and outsourced Procurement service provider to provide commercial, contractual and risk management expertise to the firm’s KBS and Client facing functions, including Client facing teams including Technology, Tax, Audit, Risk and Management Consultancy capability groups.
Providing strategic support of the key stakeholders and budget-holders responsible for expenditure and supplier relationships in related category supply chains. Stakeholders will operate in multiple business market sectors and deploy a broad range of services and solutions often underpinned by third party technologies and via strategic business partnerships.
The Head of Technology Category main responsibilities are:
- Develop and deliver strategies which deliver enablement-focussed sourcing and commercial advisory expertise to KPMG Client-services teams to provide a low-friction procurement service which optimises quality, cost, and time to market outcomes for KPMG and its Clients.
- Delivering quality client service careful management of potential tensions between business requirements and the application of procurement best practice
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to the Technology function and become accepted as an integral member of the internal functions’ governance and management structure
- Contribution to the overall strategic direction of Procurement through active participation on the Procurement Leadership Team (PLT)
- Where applicable, provide management & leadership of category team resources (direct and remotely deployed). Activities may include implementation of Managing for Excellence methodologies in respect to recruitment, staff retention and personnel development (including goal-setting & appraisal) and optimal allocation of resources to projects & activities. People management responsibilities will not apply in respect to the outsourced providers’ resource.
Strategy and Innovation
- Strategic management of the category including analysis, planning, target-setting and performance monitoring, working in conjunction with the outsourced provider to seek the optimum strategic approaches and maximising value add.
- Embedding wider Firm or team-driven innovation into category management and client support activities
- Execution of a category plan; oversight and effective management of all sourcing & contracting activities (including support of applicable client activities & projects, contract renewals, extensions, variations, terminations etc.) and category development activities
- Application of the firm’s independence & reciprocity policies, and application of the department’s standard processes, tools, templates & systems to all sourcing & contracting activities
- Appropriate consideration of CSR & diversity criteria in all sourcing & contracting activities and active participation in the firm’s Sustainable Procurement & CSR Programme
In particular the position requires:
- Broad procurement experience with a proven track-record of successfully delivering and/or contributing to the development & implementation of procurement solutions across the spectrum of people, policy, process, systems etc.
- Proven track-record of successfully creating category strategies, leading and executing sourcing projects within the Technology category to deliver quality, service risk and commercial benefits across the spectrum of IT software (purchase, development, support), hardware & infrastructure (End User Services, Server/Storage, Data Centre & Cloud), services (applications development, on & off-shore managed services, support & maintenance, integration services etc.) and Network & telecoms (voice, data, mobile, networks) etc.
- Service-centric approach, evidence of using commercial acumen as well as a clear understanding of objectives and priorities to consistently deliver positive outcomes for Stakeholders, including the realisation of solutions delivered both internally and directly to a client of the firm.
- Experience in complex solutions and services engagements, including strong experience in complex Information Protection and Risk Assurance processes
- Experience of working in a leveraged Procurement function, supported by an outsourced provider, within a blended delivery service of both on-shore, nearshore and off-shore
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably a fully qualified member of applicable national Procurement institute (e.g. CIPS, NEVI etc.)
- Substantial demonstrable experience in procurement or equivalent commercial roles, preferably with the majority within the Technology Services category, with direct exposure leading innovative Technology solutions
- Relevant industry experience; Professional Services, Financial Services etc.
The Senior Technology Project Lead will work as part of a central programme and project management centre of excellence within Technology, working with internal and external clients to deliver end-to-end solutions across our digital platforms. The purpose of the role is to manage the project, client expectations, and support delivery from the other functions of the team. Each of our Project Managers are consummate team players who know when to lead and when to step back and support their team and are comfortable with both roles. They are problem solvers who enjoy immersing themselves in new domains.
The role involves working across Technology and the wider KPMG client and internal facing community to drive delivery excellence; agility in our delivery approach to ensure the business can remain highly responsive to market demand and can bring services to market quickly and safely.
• Track record of shaping and leading teams to successful delivery of significant technology, data and business transformation initiatives.
• Experience of managing multi-faceted programmes and mutiple projects, co-ordinating tasks and activities, managing to deadlines, anticipating challenges, difficulties and pressure points.
• Experience of identifying and mitigating delivery risks, as well as leading the resolution of issues / blockers.
• Experience in managing third party vendors and providers.
• Manage programme / project procurement.
• Adept at working closely with business, technology and data teams.
• Understands relevant legislation, governance models and processes.
• Protects against scope creep against the solution design and establishes robust change control processes.
• Cost management, including the establishment of baseline costs and tracking, and contingency planning. Expected to manage budgets of significant value that attract significant investment (£xm)
• Delivery excellence; agility in our delivery approach to ensure the business can remain highly responsive to market demand and can bring services to market quickly and safely; a culture to re-enforce technology as a technology enabler for our clients
• Manage programme and project deliveries to time, budget and quality, directly and indirectly through oversight of other project managers
• To be seen amongst peers as a role model and SME in hybrid - agile/waterfall programme / project management
• Deliver robust and business relevant project reporting – to include Steering committee packs.
• Lead the Technical, Product Owner, Business Analyst and Design Leads throughout a project
• Ability to build/drive the project assurance capability
• Has thorough knowledge of Technology wider strategy and how project assurance fits into the strategy
• Ability to coach the organisation and key stakeholders relating to the benefits and advantages of relevant programme / project methodologies, thereby contributing towards the overall organisation's maturity.
• Ability to coach and guide other team members relating to every aspect of the programme and/or project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
• To develop tools and techniques for disturbing distributing tasks according to the skills of every team member and also to evaluate the performance of all the team members
• To provide clarity around priorities and goals of programme – also quick wins where appropriate
• Ability to identify all internal/external resources required in completing the programme successfully
• To keep an eye on the latest strategies, tools, terminologies used in project management – i.e. a commercial lens - so that you may adopt those to increase productivity
• To develop and execute an efficient internal communication strategy for ensuring communication with all levels of management within the team
• To have excellent stakeholder management and ability to challenge the status quo in an innovative way
• Participate in sales and contribute to winning engagements
• Ensure the project delivery team complies with KPMG standards and frameworks
• Forecasting of resource utilisation, time, costs, and other commitments required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• The successful person will drive strategic offerings which position our programme management capability as a function of knowledge and expertise, supporting the wider business objectives.
• A track record of delivering complex technology programmes on time and on budget
• Programme management experience in one or more of the following technologies/platforms; end-to-end system integration, data analytics, digital and web, .Net/C#/SQL, network, server and storage infrastructure, data-warehousing, Appian and BI, cloud hosting, Oracle environments including Fusion, eLearning.
• Have an industry recognised project management qualification, ideally Prince 2, APM Practitioner or Certified Scrum Master
• Expert in the use of standard project management tools (e.g. MS Project, JIRA)
• Budget management experience
• The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, handle quickly changing priorities on multiple projects, and be capable of managing resources to achieve maximum results
• A history of building solid relationships with senior stakeholders including customers and teammates
• Experience interfacing with a customer’s C-level executives and senior internal stakeholders
• Vendor management experience
• Exceptional organisational skills – able to work without supervision
• Commercial in engagement style and thought; good negotiator
• Excellent leadership qualities and a passion for technology
Team as a Software Technology Manager and help UK companies to grow their businesses in the UK and globally.
You will be working with high profile clients primarily from FTSE 350 global companies to help them claim R&D tax credits based on their innovative technology-focussed activities. You will be working within a diverse team comprised of experienced technology, science, engineering and tax specialists.
Your primary focus will be to work alongside our clients’ software engineers across a range of industry sectors e.g. TMT, Financial Services, Retail and ecommerce, Aerospace and Defence, Oil and Gas amongst others. As part of this role, you will gain an insight into the technology challenges that companies in the UK are facing, especially as businesses across a wide range of sectors look to digitise their existing business.
This opportunity is suitable for software developers or technical architects seeking to use their existing technical knowledge in a creative and analytical way and individuals who are looking to work in a consultancy environment in a client-facing role. It will require you to possess:
- Strong technical knowledge across a diverse range of technologies;
- Excellent communication, project management and client relationship building skills;
- Proven ability and experience working as part of a dynamic team working together to deliver excellent outcomes to clients/stakeholders.
Liaise with the technical leads, developers and architects within our clients’ companies to discuss their project portfolio with a view to identifying the key technology challenges faced during a specific claim year(s). Lead these discussions with the support of our technical associates to identify which of the activities undertaken meet the R&D Guidelines. Prepare and review technical summaries describing the innovations and technical challenges within the projects undertaken by our clients to illustrate their qualifying R&D activities. Establish and maintain strong relationships, with both existing and new clients, through proactive communication and demonstrating technical expertise to win trust with the client. Ensure you are a strong team player and effective contributor by working collaboratively with other team members with different skills sets. Support senior colleagues pursuing new business opportunities with companies that are pushing the boundaries of innovation and can therefore claim the R&D tax credit. Build an internal network within the wider KPMG firm.
- A degree in IT, Computer Science or similar, to 2.1 level.
- Experience as a software developer or technical architect.
- Experience of working on and resolving typical technical challenges faced by technologists in an enterprise environment, for example, resolving issues related to performance, scale, security or integration with other systems.
- Ability to research, extract and understand complex technical information and excel in articulating the information in a concise manner (both written and verbal) for technical and non-technical audiences. A passion for technology and possesses the ability to learn about how different technologies are developed and applied within a range of industries / sectors. Project management experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks, switch priorities and focus as required.
- Experience working collaboratively within different multi-disciplinary teams whilst being focussed on delivering excellent outcomes to a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, which enable you to actively participate in structured discussions with both technical and finance staff. Experience / knowledge in a range of the following technical areas would be beneficial:
- Software design and development technologies: .NET, Java, C++, Objective-C, Go, Node.js, Swift, Android, Python, Lua, Groovy, Perl, Python, SQL and NoSQL databases, ERP and CRM systems.
- Data science: Predictive analytics, Stream analytics, Distributed data storage, Data mining and ETL.
- Big Data: Hadoop, Spark or Storm.
- Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, IBM, Google Cloud, PaaS, IaaS and SaaS.
- Architectural patterns: SOA / Microservices, Monolithic, Event-driven and Serverless.
- Middleware technologies: Message brokers such as Kafka, ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ, API Gateways, JSON, REST, Protocol Buffers.
DevOps tooling: Docker containers, Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, Apache Mesos, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform and Infrastructure as Code.
This year has seen the establishment of KPMG’s Connected Technology practice, this creates significant scale and opportunity to bring the best of KPMG’s technology services and solutions to our clients.
We are looking for individuals with a wide range of experience to help us take the best of KPMG to priority clients in our regional offices, designated as key due to their position in the market, kudos in a local community, and/or forward-looking strategy.
This role will be focussed on the sale and delivery of KPMG Connected Technology services and solutions, working as part of cross-functional consulting teams, to these priority accounts.
There will be two teams, which are being formed in pursuit of these clients: “Midlands and South” region and the “North and Scotland” region, each led by a Director in our market-facing technology teams. Each Director will be supported by two Senior Managers. The prime focus of the teams will be being the identification and creation of new revenue streams, bringing new clients to the firm.
The expectation is that this team will both sell and deliver work, with a focus on sales in the current financial year. It is envisaged that as a point of continuity, the individual responsible for the sale will remain involved in the engagement in some way, at a minimum providing input and oversight, with a view to building longer term relationships with these accounts.
The role of a Connected Technology Senior Manager within this team will be required to carry out the following activities:
- Understand, and be able to position the firm’s Technology and broader Consulting propositions and services;
- Independently and actively research and identify clients and opportunities;
- Assist in the creation of a plan for the current financial year, regarding the type of pursuits and specific client targets;
- Build profitable, long-term relationships with clients built on trust and thought leadership;
- Lead pursuits and win work with clients;
- Work closely with other parts of KPMG consulting and the wider KPMG businesses to deliver the best solutions for our clients;
- Leverage experience from previous clients to provide offerings applicable to our priority accounts;
- Create and manage strong relationships with Partners, Directors, and the Business Development community across the regional offices; and
- Assist in the identification, creation and execution of relevant external events that generate opportunities, which are then converted into sales.
- Work with our clients as a trusted advisor supporting their journey towards better use of technology;
- Lead mid-size to large client engagements end-to-end, including both Technology and broader Consulting engagements;
- Deliver with excellence to create templated, repeatable, referenceable engagements to delight our Customers;
- Generate positive client satisfaction that creates additional work; and
- Manage the delivery of client work to all agreed financial and quality metrics.
- Create thought leadership in technology and work with other internal teams to create targeted propositions; and
- Be an ambassador for technology in KPMG, communicating our propositions and strategy in order to create opportunities and drive awareness.
This role is an exciting opportunity to help open new opportunities, taking the breadth of KPMG solutions to our key accounts. We are looking for the following behaviours & mind set:•Proven ability to interact at senior levels internally and externally, capable of building long-lasting relationships and networks;
A self-starter, motivated to generate new business; and
Adaptable, willing to learn, try out new approaches, and expand your knowledge.
We are looking for individuals with demonstrable experience across several of the “Connected Technology” solutions and services as below:
- Technology Strategy
- Enterprise Architecture
- Programme & Project Management (Technology Transformation)
- Technology Risk & Cyber Security
- Data, Analytics & Automation
- Cloud / Software Engineering
- Industry Technology solutions (e.g. ERP, CRM, digital…)
- Integrated Enterprise Process Frameworks (e.g. APQC)
Individuals should also be able to demonstrate a track record of business development, client delivery and practice development as outlined above.
We're looking for candidates be based in the North of the UK and within a reasonable commute to a KPMG office
KPMG has been acknowledged by Forrester as a leader in the provision of cyber security consultancy. We are investing to building out our Corporates cyber consulting team to meet a growing demand and provide a comprehensive range of services to many of the largest companies in the world.
We help out clients protect, detect and respond to high end cyber threats; helping them understand the cyber threat landscape, make sensible decisions on investment priorities, and build out the specialist capabilities they need to counter financial crime and other threats.
We believe that cyber security is about helping our clients to harness business opportunities safely and securely. For us, cyber security isn’t just a technical issue, it is one which engages the whole business and focusses on a holistic approach to understanding and mitigating the risk.
Our team works closely with KPMG’s broader advisory practice to link cyber security to privacy, fraud, risk management, operational resilience and IT transformation.
This role requires previous experience in both business development, delivery and service ownership of Operational Technology, with excellent knowledge of digital technology for cyber solutions and cyber risk and controls experience. The ability and credibility to advise our clients to select, design and implement complex solutions within our domains is essential. The successful candidate will be involved in client facing and client relationship building across all our key Corporates clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities for Operational Technology, as well as managing sales activities such as responding to RFPs, bid management, proposal writing and client presentations.
• Lead multiple client engagements.
• Understand risk and regulatory related client issues across different sectors.
• Responsibility for the overall output from client engagements. This includes providing services to implement operational technology related technology solutions, risk management, regulatory management and controls monitoring.
• A working knowledge of cyber security regulation, standards and methodologies.
• Work in a team and follow KPMG methodologies to deliver excellent cyber risk and regulatory services.
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables.
• Building and managing excellent client relationships across a range of clients.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in particular within the wider Cyber and Regulatory Risk and Transformation Advisory areas.
• Contributing to innovation and practice management, e.g. new services, training, knowledge management for the Operational Technology capability
• Coaching and developing team members both as part of our overall Performance Management process or on specific engagements.
• Ability to present on Operational Technology subjects to a large group of people.
• Ability to identify and assess complex cyber threats and risks, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels of management.
Experience and Skills:
A combination of the following:
• Proven experience of successfully architecting, integrating, managing and delivering Operational Technology services (including implementations, creating business cases and roadmaps, assurance reviews and maturity assessments) to medium/large, multi-national clients.
• Experience in certain key sectors - Corporates.
• Ability to align client and sector specific issues to our services.
• Delivered or involved in a number of operational technology and cyber risk management engagements which have included a technology workstream and implementation.
• Experience in transformation and business change programmes.
• Advising clients that operate digital technology solutions on business risks, regulations, controls, benefits, solution fit and typical challenges.
• Functional experience of digital technology solutions (Powered solutions, Cloud Security and Resilience, Risk and Controls Management, Audit Management would be a plus).
• Functional experience of cyber security in digital technology
• Functional experience of risk and controls
• Knowledge and experience of cyber, business and technology resilience
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance models and standards
• Great relationship/stakeholder management skills at all levels.
• Proven communication and presentation skills.
• Proven experience of successfully delivering digital technology risk services.
• “Big 4” professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience.
• Cyber security qualification e.g. CISSP / CISM (required)
• SAP Security certification (desirable)
• Information Security auditing qualification e.g. CISA (desirable)
• Degree or Masters qualification in Cyber, Information Security or IT management (desirable)
• Project management qualification e.g. Prince II, MSP or PMI (desirable)
In Technology Strategy we leverage technology to help achieve clients' business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
The Technology Strategy team have a breadth and depth of experience covering Technology, Project and Programme Management and IT strategy and governance. We are looking for individuals with a similar breadth of experience in one or more of these areas.
We often consult on ERP solutions, cloud computing, applications strategy, application development, applications maintenance and mobile solutions. Our clients may ask us to facilitate solution architecture reviews and roadmap development. In addition, we work with vendors and their products/packages to establish the functional and technical fit.
roject and programme management
our teams have experience of managing projects across the full lifecycle of technology enabled transformation programmes.
For IT Strategy and Governance, we provide an
assessment of IT Strategy alongside a clear direction and delivery roadmap. We define and implement IT Operating Models for the functional areas of IT and transformational change programmes (including definition of sourcing strategies). Our teams implement IT governance processes or techniques and establish Key Metrics and Balanced Scorecards for managing IT effectiveness.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
The role is within our KPMG Private Enterprise (KPE) client base and you can work with start-ups through to large listed businesses and you will manage the day to day interaction with our clients and internal teams
You will often have more than one engagement at any one time and need to be able to balance client demands.
You will be able to build constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures, and lead and direct our experienced / junior resources and client teams on projects
- Helping identify and develop opportunities at new and existing clients where we have the potential to support them.
- Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Building market relevant service offerings to ensure greater visibility and exploitation of key technology opportunities with clients.
- Working with Directors, Partners and third parties to develop go-to-market propositions
- Contribute to practice management and development, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
- Helping our junior team members to develop through mentoring and monitoring in the role of a Performance Manager.
- Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
- Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm.
- Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others.
- Seeks to understand others’ motivations.
- Supports others to make brave decisions.
- Motivated degree educated individual, with a professional qualification such as PRINCE2, MSP, APM, ITIL, TOGAF.
- Intuitive, self-starter with extensive experience of working with a large professional services consulting firm to lead teams and client engagements and win new business.
- Experienced in delivering IT Strategy, Process Design, and Technology projects.
- Passionate about talking to clients on current technology issues and market direction.
- Collaborative ways of working with clients and KPMG teams.
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads, and manage junior team members.
- Excellent ability to deliver work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality.
- Excellent ability to work on own initiative and be a strong team player.