I'm looking for
Search results for "Audit"
Project Manager - Audit Delivery
Service Line: Audit
Audit Assistant Manager - Newcastle
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Service Line: Audit
Audit Assistant Manager - Pensions Audit, Milton Keynes/Watford
Location: Milton Keynes
Service Line: Audit
Senior HRBP - Audit (Birmingham)
Service Line: People
Audit Manager - Pensions Audit, Milton Keynes/Watford
Location: Milton Keynes
Service Line: Audit
We are seeking an experienced person to work within the Audit Practice to provide Project Management expertise to audit and assurance engagements that would support the delivery of effective and high quality work.
The Project Manager role is to provide leadership, guidance and innovation to the day-to-day running of engagements being delivered by KPMG. It will be your job to establish, run and evolve the team’s core capabilities that focus around excellence in project delivery and assurance.
From a delivery excellence perspective the Project Manager, working with a PMO will be responsible for providing the tools and capabilities to support the delivery of the engagement, as well as providing project support and analysing data to support management decision making and communication.
The PM role will also provide ad-hoc quality assurance and health-checks to ensure work is being carried out in accordance with agreed objectives, and undertake various levels of reporting to ensure the various workstreams demonstrate achievement of the stated objectives.
Additionally, the Project Manager will have line management responsibility for any assigned administrative staff. This will include imparting knowledge, skills and experience to support career development/coaching of team members and support provision of best practice. In undertaking these duties, the Project Manager will support change and adoption of new ways of working.
The role needs to be able to respond to changing priorities and be able to respond to changes in business needs in a dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring audit quality and audit risk are the primary considerations in the planning and allocation of resources
• Developing strong, trusting and credible working relationships with senior staff on engagements, and other key business stakeholders where applicable
• Managing resourcing requirements and on-boarding staff for engagements
• Setting project timelines and tracking the team’s progress against those goals.
• Hold Audit Managers/Senior Managers to account for the delivery of their audits
• Working with Performance Leaders and Audit Managers, co-ordinate activities on the planning of audits to ensure KPMG planning requirements and deadlines are achieved
• Working with Performance Leaders and Audit Managers, co-ordinate audit delivery activities to make effective use of available resources
• Ensuring effective audit governance through the regular reporting of audit progress, achievement of milestones, changes to agreed delivery plan and delivery risks/issues
• Ensuring KPMG’s commercial processes are being effectively managed (WIP, Lock-up, over-runs, etc.)
• Providing Project Management coaching support within the team
• Identification and tracking of interdependencies between key pieces of work being delivered on the engagement.
• Development and delivery of required executive reporting at various levels.
• Implementation of relevant systems and tools to support the delivery of work for the engagement.
• Providing and organising quality assurance reviews and health checks to ensure work is being undertaken to a sufficiently high standard.
• Working with Finance to manage fees and billing.
• Supporting tools used by the engagement team to manage client data and data requests.
• Line management responsibilities for administrative staff within the team including: objective setting, performance management, guidance and support, specific coaching.
• Organising initiatives to keep team engagement high throughout the project.
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and stakeholders involved in audit planning and delivery.
• Capable of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with members of the programme management team, Senior Managers, Directors, Partners, project teams and 3rd party service providers.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills to be capable of managing the PMO.
• Demonstrates credibility within the programme and project delivery environment and ability to influence others.
• Clear knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, data analysis, reporting etc., including risk management.
• Good knowledge and demonstrable use of project and programme management methodology and techniques
• Good understanding of the audit quality objectives
• Good understanding of risk based resource allocation
• Proven coaching skills
• Able to create effective business plans and business cases.
• Experience of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
• Driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion without upsetting others.
• Fluent written and oral English communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project.
• Capable and innovative problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
• Experience of working in a Professional Services environment would be advantageous.
• Experience of having line managed a number of project professionals would be an advantage.
• Demonstrable PMO expertise with experience of having set-up and evolved PMO capabilities are desirable as well as the ability to maintain a high quality BAU service.
• Degree level in a business related subject or equivalent
• Experience of various project and programme management approaches
• Recognised professional accreditation in Project Management
• Experience in using Microsoft Project
We are looking for newly qualified auditors to join the audit practice within our Regions service line in our Newcastle office.
You will work on a portfolio of clients within a cross functional office, alongside our advisory and tax functions.
Planning and project managing all aspects of audits including:
-Staffing Risk assessment Systems, controls and substantive testing (including audits of consolidations and statutory accounts)
-Ensuring projects comply with KPMG and International Auditing Standards
-Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
-Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager and partner
-Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
-Report writing for Audit Committees and management
-Identification of ways to differentiate KPMG - how can we bring new and innovative ideas to our clients?
Qualifications and Skills:
-ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent
-Strong IT literacy, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word
-Must demonstrate a good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
Experience and Background:
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
-Ability to think big picture, out of the box
-Strong technical skills
-Accountability and decision making ability
-Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development
-Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
-Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
-Relationship building skills
-Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Our small but growing KPMG London FS Regions team based in Milton Keynes and Watford is our London Region Centre of Excellence for pension’s audit. The team, led by a Director and supported by 1 other Director and 3 managers, is responsible for the audit of c.75 pension schemes based across the wider London Region and South East. Our schemes include defined benefit, defined contribution, hybrid and earmarked pension schemes, typically with assets up to £500million.
The London Region Centre of Excellence is one of 6 operating across the UK and as a firm, KPMG audit some 620 schemes including 36 of the top 100 schemes by size making us No. 1 in this market.
The London FS Regions team sits alongside KPMG Northern Home Counties National Markets audit team based across the Milton Keynes and Watford offices and consisting of around 130 client facing staff led by 5 Partners and 7 Directors, who service clients across a variety of sectors, including: retail, media, construction, mining, recruitment, telecommunications and sports. Their audit clients, who are both listed and non-listed, vary in size from large multi-national groups through to small owner managed business based across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northants, Hertfordshire, North London and the surrounding areas. The National Markets London audit department also works in conjunction with other services including Corporate Tax, Deal Advisory, Pensions and Restructuring.
We are currently looking for a qualified accountant at Assistant Manager Level to join our Financial Services Audit department in Watford and Milton Keynes.
KPMG is one of the leading Audit and Assurance practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. As a member of our team you will benefit from extensive training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in regulation, accounting and auditing standards.
As an Assistant Manager you will be expected to lead the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and Pension SORP. You are required to possess well developed supervisory skills, including coaching and project management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing those that work with you (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and completion of audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
- Keeping Managers and Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing reports to senior client management and audit committees.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for the client.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and helping to identify sales opportunities within your client base.
Qualifications and Skills:
The Assistant Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent) is essential.
- Significant audit experience for pension schemes.
- Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP, Pensions SORP.
- You will possess well developed supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
• Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
• Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
• Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
• Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
• Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
• Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
• Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
• Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
• Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
• Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
• Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
• Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
• Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
• Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
• Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
• Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
• Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
• Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
• Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
• Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
• Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
• Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
• Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
• Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
• MI, e.g., Attrition.
• Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
• Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
• Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
• Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
• Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
• Quality and timeliness of advice.
• Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
• Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
• Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
• Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
• Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
• Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
• Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
• Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
• Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
• Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
• Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
• Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
• Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
• Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
• Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
• Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and Powerpoint).
• Performance Group Leader.
• Partners in Performance Group.
• Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
• People Partner.
• Performance Leaders (PL).
• This role reports to the HR Lead.
Our KPMG Northern Home Counties National Markets audit team is based across the Milton Keynes and Watford offices and it consists of around 110 client facing staff led by 5 Partners and 6 Directors, who service clients across a variety of sectors, including: retail, media, construction, mining, recruitment, telecommunications and sports. Our audit clients, who are both listed and non-listed, vary in size from large multi-national groups through to small owner managed business based across Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Northants, Hertfordshire, North London and the surrounding areas. The National Markets London audit department also works in conjunction with other services including Corporate Tax, Deal Advisory, Pensions and Restructuring.
Sitting within the NHC National Markets department is our London Region Centre of Excellence for pension’s audit. The team, led by a Director and supported by 1 other Director and 3 managers, is responsible for the audit of c.70 pension schemes based across the wider London Region and South East. Our schemes include defined benefit, defined contribution, hybrid and earmarked pension schemes, typically with assets up to £500million.
The London Region Centre of Excellence is one of 6 operating across the UK and as a firm, KPMG audit some 620 schemes including 45 of the top 100 schemes by size making us No. 1 in this market.
Working in a part time capacity (c.21 hours per week) you will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
• To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working on your engagements
• Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
• Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
• Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
• Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
• Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
• Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensions sector
• Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
• Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
• Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
• Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
• Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
• Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
• Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
• Significant audit experience for pension schemes