I'm looking for
Search results for "audit"
Manager, Pensions Audit Group, Benefit Audit Team
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Leeds
Service Line: Audit
Project Manager - Audit Delivery
Service Line: Audit
Audit Assistant Manager - Newcastle
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - National Markets, Southampton
Service Line: Audit
1. Summary of Role Purpose
Responsible for delivering high quality specialist pensions support to KPMG Audit. This role will have a particular focus on scheme benefit audits and individual benefit calculations.
2. Description of the role:
• Client contact on all pensions audit engagements, with overall responsibility for client relationship on small to medium engagements and roles on our largest accounts
• Final review and sign-off of reporting and closing out of issues on each case
• Overall responsibility for managing process from initial scoping with central audit team to final delivery of audit report
• Managing junior team through process, including responsibility for timetable, checking of calculations and conclusions
• Developing specialist technical knowledge and contributing to research and knowledge sharing
• Providing technical support on non-standard procedures (e.g. benefits in excess of the Lifetime Allowance, Pension Sharing Orders, Later Earnings Addition, Overseas Transfers)
• Contribute to developing streamlined and efficient procedures, whist maintaining an absolute focus on quality
• Highly numerate and able to independently recalculate individual benefits from first principles using the governing documentation of the pension scheme
• Able to identify errors in the administrator’s calculations and investigate how these errors occurred.
3. Role dimensions
3.1 Leadership & Management:
The successful candidate at manager level will be be expected to run client engagement teams to deliver audit cases, and to contribute to the overall success of the team. Team members at senior manager and manager level are likely to have performance management responsibilities for junior team members.
Managers will take responsiblility for signing off reporting, with reporting being delivered to KPMG Audit in line with KPMG audit quality procedures.
3.2 Stakeholder Interaction & Challenges
Lead client contact on scheme audit engagements, typically liaising with in-house pensions managers and administrators. Key clients include FTSE companies across all sectors.
As well as client meetings/calls to cover elements of the audit process from planning through to delivery of final reporting, there will occasionally be challenging client conversations where audit differences are identified. These will require the successful candidate to apply judgement and to be confident in clearly communicating our audit conclusions.
3.3 Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The team will deliver over 500 audit support cases each year, covering KPMG’s largest high profile clients through to mid-market clients. A focus on quality and consistency will be central to everything that we do.
4. The Person
The successful candidate will ideally be a qualified (or nearly qualified) actuary with an excellent understanding of individual benefit calculations and experience of audit at a manager level. Numerate candidates with the APMI qualification (or equivalent) are also highly encouraged to apply for this role.
4.2 Expertise / Technical role requirements
• Deep technical knowledge of DB pension schemes and actuarial techniques
• Able to independently recalculate individual benefits from first principles using the governing documentation of the pension scheme
• Good knowledge of pensions administration and legislation (e.g., LTA, Pension Sharing Orders, Later Earnings Addition)
• Understanding of the wider UK pensions landscape, the FRC audit environment and the issues facing our clients
• Being credible and confident in liaising with internal and external stakeholders
• Understanding of the wider UK pensions landscape and the issues facing our clients
• Consistently able to work at high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach
• Fully engaged and taking responsibility for own performance
• Effective delegation and management of junior team, with a focus on development
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for qualified accountants currently at Audit Manager Level to join the audit practice in our Leeds office, with proven experience in delivering audits to a variety of clients in the corporate sector.
The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP. US GAAP would be beneficial but not essential. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
- Managing engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KAM requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Overseeing and directing the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KAM and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Directing, coaching and mentoring Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurturing and seeking worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributing towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assisting the Partner in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
Qualifications and Skills
Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA or country equivalent Significant experience as a Manager in an external audit capacity Demonstrate experience of current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK GAAP. US GAAP is preferred but not essential for the right candidate
- Currently working at Manager level and able to demonstrate leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Knowledge and experience of external auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP. US GAAP would be beneficial but not essential.
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
We are seeking an experienced person to work within the Audit Practice to provide Project Management expertise to audit and assurance engagements that would support the delivery of effective and high quality work.
The Project Manager role is to provide leadership, guidance and innovation to the day-to-day running of engagements being delivered by KPMG. It will be your job to establish, run and evolve the team’s core capabilities that focus around excellence in project delivery and assurance.
From a delivery excellence perspective the Project Manager, working with a PMO will be responsible for providing the tools and capabilities to support the delivery of the engagement, as well as providing project support and analysing data to support management decision making and communication.
The PM role will also provide ad-hoc quality assurance and health-checks to ensure work is being carried out in accordance with agreed objectives, and undertake various levels of reporting to ensure the various workstreams demonstrate achievement of the stated objectives.
Additionally, the Project Manager will have line management responsibility for any assigned administrative staff. This will include imparting knowledge, skills and experience to support career development/coaching of team members and support provision of best practice. In undertaking these duties, the Project Manager will support change and adoption of new ways of working.
The role needs to be able to respond to changing priorities and be able to respond to changes in business needs in a dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Ensuring audit quality and audit risk are the primary considerations in the planning and allocation of resources
• Developing strong, trusting and credible working relationships with senior staff on engagements, and other key business stakeholders where applicable
• Managing resourcing requirements and on-boarding staff for engagements
• Setting project timelines and tracking the team’s progress against those goals.
• Hold Audit Managers/Senior Managers to account for the delivery of their audits
• Working with Performance Leaders and Audit Managers, co-ordinate activities on the planning of audits to ensure KPMG planning requirements and deadlines are achieved
• Working with Performance Leaders and Audit Managers, co-ordinate audit delivery activities to make effective use of available resources
• Ensuring effective audit governance through the regular reporting of audit progress, achievement of milestones, changes to agreed delivery plan and delivery risks/issues
• Ensuring KPMG’s commercial processes are being effectively managed (WIP, Lock-up, over-runs, etc.)
• Providing Project Management coaching support within the team
• Identification and tracking of interdependencies between key pieces of work being delivered on the engagement.
• Development and delivery of required executive reporting at various levels.
• Implementation of relevant systems and tools to support the delivery of work for the engagement.
• Providing and organising quality assurance reviews and health checks to ensure work is being undertaken to a sufficiently high standard.
• Working with Finance to manage fees and billing.
• Supporting tools used by the engagement team to manage client data and data requests.
• Line management responsibilities for administrative staff within the team including: objective setting, performance management, guidance and support, specific coaching.
• Organising initiatives to keep team engagement high throughout the project.
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and stakeholders involved in audit planning and delivery.
• Capable of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with members of the programme management team, Senior Managers, Directors, Partners, project teams and 3rd party service providers.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills to be capable of managing the PMO.
• Demonstrates credibility within the programme and project delivery environment and ability to influence others.
• Clear knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, data analysis, reporting etc., including risk management.
• Good knowledge and demonstrable use of project and programme management methodology and techniques
• Good understanding of the audit quality objectives
• Good understanding of risk based resource allocation
• Proven coaching skills
• Able to create effective business plans and business cases.
• Experience of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
• Driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion without upsetting others.
• Fluent written and oral English communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project.
• Capable and innovative problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
• Experience of working in a Professional Services environment would be advantageous.
• Experience of having line managed a number of project professionals would be an advantage.
• Demonstrable PMO expertise with experience of having set-up and evolved PMO capabilities are desirable as well as the ability to maintain a high quality BAU service.
• Degree level in a business related subject or equivalent
• Experience of various project and programme management approaches
• Recognised professional accreditation in Project Management
• Experience in using Microsoft Project
We are looking for newly qualified auditors to join the audit practice within our Regions service line in our Newcastle office.
You will work on a portfolio of clients within a cross functional office, alongside our advisory and tax functions.
Planning and project managing all aspects of audits including:
-Staffing Risk assessment Systems, controls and substantive testing (including audits of consolidations and statutory accounts)
-Ensuring projects comply with KPMG and International Auditing Standards
-Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
-Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager and partner
-Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
-Report writing for Audit Committees and management
-Identification of ways to differentiate KPMG - how can we bring new and innovative ideas to our clients?
Qualifications and Skills:
-ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent
-Strong IT literacy, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word
-Must demonstrate a good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
Experience and Background:
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
-Ability to think big picture, out of the box
-Strong technical skills
-Accountability and decision making ability
-Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development
-Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
-Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
-Relationship building skills
-Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
We are looking for qualified accountants at manager level to join the audit practice in Southampton or our Reading offices.
Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. As an audit manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Many of our clients have overseas operations or are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP (not essential). You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
· To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG Audit Methodology requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
· Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG Audit Methodology and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
· Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
· Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
� Prepare and negotiate fee proposals for our existing client base, and assist in forming propositions for new business.
· Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
· Assist the Senior Managers, Directors and Partners in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
· Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures
Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP (not essential) and US GAAP (not essential)
Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen
Qualifications and Skills
Time and Exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or equivalent
Significant and recent experience as a Manager in an external audit capacity, working in consumer and industrial markets
Current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and GAAP standards