I'm looking for
Search results for "Audit Centre of Excellence (ACE)"
Head of Technology Category
Service Line: Finance
Head of People Operations (Director)
Service Line: People
Office of the CTO
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Project Manager - Audit Delivery
Service Line: Audit
Audit Senior Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
The Procurement function‘s objectives are:
- To be regarded as an invaluable business partner by the firm’s Infrastructure functions (in particular Facilities, HR , Marketing and IT) and by the wider business functions (Audit, Tax, Advisory and Markets)
- To drive the continuous improvement of third-party goods & services and minimise the risks associated with commercial contracting activities through the application of best-practice procurement across the firm
- To support the business with technology investments to enable profitable revenue growth
- To deliver year-on-year financial benefit to the firm
Overview of the Position
Procurement’s sourcing activities are managed by three core category teams; Corporate Services (Facilities & Marketing Services, HR & Professional Services), Technology Services and Travel Services. The Head of Technology Category, reports to the Chief Procurement Officer.
Technology spend overall for KPMG LLP is circa £90m per annum, incapsulating both internally and externally focussed Technology spend. Whilst internally focussed Technology spend represents a large proportion of this spend, the externally focussed technology spend, also encompasses a revenue exposure as the services are more directly associated to external KPMG client delivered solutions.
The Head of Technology Category is responsible for maximising the contribution of the Technology Services category to the firm. Leading and working together with the retained KPMG procurement leadership team and outsourced Procurement service provider to provide commercial, contractual and risk management expertise to the firm’s KBS and Client facing functions, including Client facing teams including Technology, Tax, Audit, Risk and Management Consultancy capability groups.
Providing strategic support of the key stakeholders and budget-holders responsible for expenditure and supplier relationships in related category supply chains. Stakeholders will operate in multiple business market sectors and deploy a broad range of services and solutions often underpinned by third party technologies and via strategic business partnerships.
The Head of Technology Category main responsibilities are:
- Develop and deliver strategies which deliver enablement-focussed sourcing and commercial advisory expertise to KPMG Client-services teams to provide a low-friction procurement service which optimises quality, cost, and time to market outcomes for KPMG and its Clients.
- Delivering quality client service careful management of potential tensions between business requirements and the application of procurement best practice
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to the Technology function and become accepted as an integral member of the internal functions’ governance and management structure
- Contribution to the overall strategic direction of Procurement through active participation on the Procurement Leadership Team (PLT)
- Where applicable, provide management & leadership of category team resources (direct and remotely deployed). Activities may include implementation of Managing for Excellence methodologies in respect to recruitment, staff retention and personnel development (including goal-setting & appraisal) and optimal allocation of resources to projects & activities. People management responsibilities will not apply in respect to the outsourced providers’ resource.
Strategy and Innovation
- Strategic management of the category including analysis, planning, target-setting and performance monitoring, working in conjunction with the outsourced provider to seek the optimum strategic approaches and maximising value add.
- Embedding wider Firm or team-driven innovation into category management and client support activities
- Execution of a category plan; oversight and effective management of all sourcing & contracting activities (including support of applicable client activities & projects, contract renewals, extensions, variations, terminations etc.) and category development activities
- Application of the firm’s independence & reciprocity policies, and application of the department’s standard processes, tools, templates & systems to all sourcing & contracting activities
- Appropriate consideration of CSR & diversity criteria in all sourcing & contracting activities and active participation in the firm’s Sustainable Procurement & CSR Programme
In particular the position requires:
- Broad procurement experience with a proven track-record of successfully delivering and/or contributing to the development & implementation of procurement solutions across the spectrum of people, policy, process, systems etc.
- Proven track-record of successfully creating category strategies, leading and executing sourcing projects within the Technology category to deliver quality, service risk and commercial benefits across the spectrum of IT software (purchase, development, support), hardware & infrastructure (End User Services, Server/Storage, Data Centre & Cloud), services (applications development, on & off-shore managed services, support & maintenance, integration services etc.) and Network & telecoms (voice, data, mobile, networks) etc.
- Service-centric approach, evidence of using commercial acumen as well as a clear understanding of objectives and priorities to consistently deliver positive outcomes for Stakeholders, including the realisation of solutions delivered both internally and directly to a client of the firm.
- Experience in complex solutions and services engagements, including strong experience in complex Information Protection and Risk Assurance processes
- Experience of working in a leveraged Procurement function, supported by an outsourced provider, within a blended delivery service of both on-shore, nearshore and off-shore
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably a fully qualified member of applicable national Procurement institute (e.g. CIPS, NEVI etc.)
- Substantial demonstrable experience in procurement or equivalent commercial roles, preferably with the majority within the Technology Services category, with direct exposure leading innovative Technology solutions
- Relevant industry experience; Professional Services, Financial Services etc.
Title: Head of HR Operations (Director)
Grade: Director (A)
Service Line: OEH – KBS
Reporting to: Head of Operational Excellence
Location: Watford (+ Canary Wharf ) and remote working
Reports: c.200 total.
The People Operations Hub provides both administrative and advisory HR support to our UK Business and through our service pledge, underpins our overall people strategy and vision. We are a busy team covering operations to support our people from Partner to Graduate, ranging from recruitment of senior hires, working with Learning Business Partners to deliver courses through to arranging interviews, providing references, managing employee lifecycle changes, and supporting onboarding and offboarding. We are consistently looking for ways to improve on the expectations of our customers across the business with the service we deliver.
The operation consists of an onshore people operations team, an offshore BPO provider and an internal outsource.
You will be empowered to lead and manage the delivery of our People Operational Excellence Hub (OEH): this will include managing operational services for Recruitment (Talent Acquisition / Student), Learning Operations, HR Contact Centre, Employee Lifecycle Administration, HR Advisory, Immigration and Client screening. You will be responsible for delivering services across all levels of the business ranging from our Partner group to graduates and also managing 3rd party providers in helping us to provide an effective service within a set framework.
Working collaboratively with the wider function this role will see you will develop and drive operational excellence, ensuring services provided are fit for purpose, client focused and progress the overall UK People agenda.
Taking budget responsibility, this role requires a continual focusing on developing and managing the service delivery to agreed SLAs and within budget limitations. We will need an individual who can demonstrate this ability to focus on improvement of service delivery and achieving incremental improvements to costs and quality of service.
We recognise that working in collaboration within our teams and with wider business stakeholders is critical to our success, so building and sustaining effective relationships with key internal (Partners though to graduates) is a key requirement in our search, as is demonstrating all of the firms values at all times.
- Drives forward pragmatic and creative solutions for clients that differentiate KPMG
- Operates as an ambassador for KPMG internally and externally
- Disseminates knowledge and expertise
- Draws upon interdependencies between different functions to improve KPMG performance and effectiveness
- Invest in developing and retaining our most talented, motivated people.
- Work with key HR and KBS OEH stakeholders and potential vendors to operationalise solutions
- Responsible for change management and transition of services into the OEH, inc. identifying service efficiencies to improve service
- Oversee the delivery of timely, effective and high quality service across the shared service operation (inc. 3rd party providers)
- Improve capability across the operation with sustainable development programme in place for all colleagues and management roles.
- Respond to customer feedback, dealing with escalations and takes steps to prevent recurrence.
- Manage the implementation and change into business as usual service delivery of a series of HR transformation projects across process and technology
- Build and develop close working relationships with key stakeholders /leadership teams to support a collaborative service culture. Pro-active management of all stakeholders, especially the expectations of senior leaders and management within the firm.
- Provide senior leadership to the OEH team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained across the team and wider business.
- Maintain and manage vendor budgets against commercial terms and the operations budget against the plan.
- Manage and review the performance of the 3rd parties based on agreed contractual SLAs and performance measures. Utilising the SRM Governance model to ensure continuous improvement, innovation and best in class benchmarking consistently delivers improvements to the quality and value of service delivery. Drive cultural awareness within the Vendor’s organisation, to better align values, core behaviours and service deliverables.
- The Person
- A Transformation leader driving to deliver the transformation across HR.
- Deputise where required on behalf of the Head of OEH as required
- Proactively builds as well as lead teams from different areas to tackles shared problems and issues
- Creates an environment where people are supported to innovate and experiment
- Demonstrates personal presence and earns trust and respect
- Helps others to understand how they can exceed expectations and contribute to the overall business strategy
- Communicates a compelling vision that motivates and inspires others
- Demonstrate influential and adaptable style of leadership, and maintain integrity when dealing with complex situations arising from risk, issue and change management.
- Be a key leader, advocate and representative for the entire People function and undertake leadership responsibilities accordinglyEssential requirements:
- Demonstrable significant experience in the operational management of a large HR Shared Services environment within the UK across all disciplines within a large, complex and fast paced enterprise level organisation.
- Proven credibility to lead a key function and provide leadership and direction during a period of change.
- Experience of partnering with the business at a senior level as well as knowledge and experience of operational delivery.
- Experience with managing large budgets.
- Fluent written, oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner.
- Change and project management skills and results orientated.
- Effective influencing skills (able to build business partner relationship) with the ability to challenge at all levels. Works collaboratively, with ability to influence at a senior level and manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Leadership skills and personal drive to deliver results.
- Experience of managing 3rd Party vendors, including relevant governance frameworks.
- Able to drive operational efficiencies – Lean and Six Sigma being methods of familiarity and or experience within.
- Experience of working cross functionally, especially across HR Centres of Expertise, with HR Business Partners and matrix organisations.
- Technology literate; familiar with SAP Success Factors, Service Now and management of HR Systems support teams (in-house and outsourced models).
- Transformation mindset
- Experience of working with and/or dealing with Professional services and within a matrix organisation
- Desirable skills:
- Demonstrable experience in the following:
- Programme management of large change projects.
- Commercial awareness
- Managing both in-house and outsourced HR Shared Services
- Outsourcing HR Shared Services from contract to go-live
- HR Automation
- Implementation, coordination and development of HR systems (SAP, Success Factors).
- HR Transformation
We are looking to appoint a Manager to assist the Office of the CTO, to establish and improve its operation and to ultimately drive the production of technology roadmaps for the UK Firm, transforming it into a ‘digital enterprise’.
You will play a key role in shaping and coordinating the work of our CTOs, recently appointed to Audit, Tax, Deal Advisory, Consulting and KBS. Their role, together with the Head of Strategy & Architecture, is to transform KPMG UK into a Firm that takes maximum advantage of technology, whether that’s through our client service offerings or our internal processes; they are ultimately accountable for the technology roadmaps.
To shape and coordinate this work, you will need to help the lead CTO define what a good technology roadmap should contain, what business and technology strategies should inform it, and how it should be produced and governed, drawing on best practice from KPMG Global, CIO Advisory and industry analysts. You will need to partner with your Senior Manager, CTOs and the Head of Strategy & Architecture, helping them to solve complex, often ambiguous problems. You will gain exposure to senior leaders across the Firm and experience of digital transformation programmes and technologies.
• Liaise with Capability CTOs to help shape & coordinate work
• Assist your Senior Manager with problem solving, e.g. determine metrics for technical debt; approach to tech decommissioning
• Help prepare content for monthly CTO Forums, incl. frameworks for development of roadmaps and initiative portfolios
• Help to prepare for technology deep dives, e.g. in data, Cloud strategy and adoption, portals, etc. to shape cross-capability use of technology
• Work with Global and/or US counterparts, colleagues in CIO Advisory and industry analysts to leverage existing work
• Work with PMO, Enterprise Architects and Programme Managers to ensure that issues are escalated to the Head of Strategy & Architecture as required
• Support on specific workstreams & present findings at CTO Forums
Leadership & Management:
Roles and reporting structure being defined; this is a programme role, however, and not likely to involve significant management of direct reports; it is more likely that you will need to manage and influence people in the wider business.
Stakeholder interaction & challenges:
Will have limited interaction with senior stakeholders, incl. Directors, Partners and ExCo members. Influencing skills are critical as most people you need to work with occupy roles in other parts of the Firm, over which we have less influence.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
This role has both Firm-wide and Capability-specific impacts. One of the key outcomes of the Office of the CTO is therefore a process via which technology and transformation risk can be tracked and governed. Without this control framework, there is a risk that we make sub-optimal investment decisions regarding technology transformation, which could then lead to poor outcomes for our clients, colleagues and other stakeholders, incl. data loss, reputational damage for the Firm, lack of transformational agility, high running costs, and potential write-downs or write-offs.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
• CIO Advisory / technical projects and programmes for clients
• Project / programme management experience, with ability to manage complex dependencies & broad range of stakeholders
Technical role requirements
• Understanding of one or more KPMG Capabilities & functions
• Broad (not necessarily deep) understanding of technology domains and concepts, e.g. incl. Cloud, data, infrastructure, application services, business applications, etc.
• Good understanding of business architecture concepts, e.g. operating models, business capability models, etc.
• Understanding of Lean (Six Sigma)
• Understanding of IT risk management incl. control frameworks
• Adaptable and nuanced influencing skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills; focus on ‘80/20’ approach
• Excellent presentation skills, e.g. ability to clearly frame the ‘What? So what? And now what?’ both verbally & through PowerPoint
• Ability to take initiative and work without explicit direction for reasonable periods; desire to ‘get stuck in’
• Flexible and able to respond to rapidly changing requirements
• Non-hierarchical, friendly approach
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Appetite for learning
We are seeking an experienced person to work within the Project Management Centre of Excellence in the Audit Practice to provide Project Management support to audit and assurance engagements that support the delivery of effective and high quality work.
The Project Manager role is to provide high quality project management services to improve the day-to-day running of engagements being delivered by KPMG. It will be your job to establish, run and evolve the engagement teams’ core capabilities that focus around excellence in project delivery and assurance.
From a delivery excellence perspective the Project Manager, working with a PMO will be responsible for providing the tools and capabilities to support the delivery of the engagement, as well as providing project support and analysing data to support management decision making and communication.
The PM role will also provide ad-hoc quality assurance and health-checks to ensure work is being carried out in accordance with agreed objectives, and undertake various levels of reporting to ensure the various workstreams demonstrate achievement of the stated objectives.
Additionally, the Project Manager will have line management responsibility for any assigned administrative staff. This will include imparting knowledge, skills and experience to support career development/coaching of team members and support provision of best practice. In undertaking these duties, the Project Manager will support change and adoption of new ways of working.
Role and Responsibilities
The role needs to be able to respond to changing priorities and be able to respond to changes in business needs in a dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Developing strong, trusting and credible working relationships with senior staff on engagements, and other key business stakeholders where applicable
• Overseeing resourcing requirements and on-boarding staff for engagements
• Working with Engagement Leaders and Audit Managers, co-ordinate activities on the planning of audits to ensure KPMG planning requirements and deadlines are achieved
• Setting project timelines and tracking the team’s progress against those goals
• Working with Audit Managers, optimise the use of resources including KGS offshore and improve efficiency in audit delivery
• Hold Audit Managers/Senior Managers to account for the delivery of their audits
• Ensuring effective audit governance through the regular reporting of audit progress, achievement of milestones, changes to agreed delivery plan and delivery risks/issues
• Ensuring KPMG’s commercial processes are being effectively managed (WIP, Lock-up, and Additional Scope)
• Providing Project Management coaching support within the team, to build capability
• Identification and tracking of interdependencies between key pieces of work being delivered on the engagement.
• Development and delivery of required executive reporting at various levels.
• Implementation of relevant systems and tools to support the delivery of work for the engagement.
• Providing and organising quality assurance reviews and health checks to ensure work is being undertaken to a sufficiently high standard.
• Working with Finance to oversee management of fees and billing.
• Supporting tools used by the engagement team to manage client data and data requests.
• Line management responsibilities for administrative staff within the team including: objective setting, performance management, guidance and support, specific coaching.
• Organising initiatives to keep team engagement high throughout the project.
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and stakeholders involved in audit planning and delivery.
• Capable of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with members of Transformation and Managed Services team, Senior Managers, Directors, Partners, project teams and 3rd party service providers.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills to be capable of managing the PMO.
• Demonstrates credibility within the programme and project delivery environment and ability to influence others.
• Clear knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, data analysis, reporting etc., including risk management.
• Good knowledge and demonstrable use of project and programme management methodology and techniques
• Good understanding of the audit quality objectives
• Good understanding of risk based resource allocation
• Proven coaching skills
• Able to create effective business plans and business cases.
• Experience of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
• A self-starter, with high initiative, driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion without upsetting others.
• Fluent written and oral English communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project.
• Capable and innovative problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
• Experience of working in a Professional Services environment would be advantageous.
• Experience of having line managed a number of project professionals would be an advantage.
• Demonstrable PMO expertise with experience of having set-up and evolved PMO capabilities are desirable as well as the ability to maintain a high quality BAU service.
• Degree level in a business related subject or equivalent
• Experience of various project and programme management approaches
• Recognised professional accreditation in Project Management
• Experience in using Microsoft Project
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team and will benefit from extensive training, professional development and performance management to help you meet your professional goals.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Asset Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UKs. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the Investment Management department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience
- Extensive external audit experience in the Asset Management sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Investment Management expertise
- Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
- Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
- Experience working on tenders preferable, though not essential
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
As an Audit Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Corporates clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential
- Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include: reviewing global engagement records in sentinel; analysing and categorising the records; contacting partners globally for engagement information; preparing data and drafting Independence reports; liaising with the UK Ethics and Independence team
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
Required Experience and Background:
- Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different levels of seniority
- The desire to work in a diverse environment, gain exposure to an international working environment and undertake new challenges
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent
- Recent, extensive external audit experience at Manager level within a 'Big 4’ or mid-tier firm
- Team management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example
- The ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Sound practical knowledge of IFRS
- Previous exposure to a range of Corporates sectors such as telecommunications, media, energy, utilities, and/or oil & gas