I'm looking for
Search results for "Audit Centre of Excellence (ACE)"
ACE - Senior Manager, DPP Accounting & Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Pensions Audit, Milton Keynes/Watford
Location: Milton Keynes
Service Line: Audit
Head of People Analytics - Senior Manager
Service Line: People
Return to Audit Programme - Intelligent Working
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Insurance
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager - External Audit - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
KPMG is looking for a new Senior Manager for their Technical Accounting Department. The Department of Professional Practice (DPP) Accounting & Reporting team is part of our wider Audit National group and advises our audit teams on the most difficult technical accounting and reporting issues, driving the quality of what we do as a firm. They advise on issues relating to companies that KPMG either audits or advises, across the country and across sectors, and they have a high degree of direct contact with partners and directors. Our teams provide:
- Solutions for accounting and reporting issues to our audit teams
- Online guidance on the above matters for all staff in the business
- Training for all staff in the business
- Training support for our graduate trainees
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager to join our DPP team on a full-time basis in our London office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide variety of accounting and reporting queries from KPMG audit teams across all markets and across the UK on the application of financial reporting requirements – both IFRS and UK GAAP – as well as regularly on UK company law
- Undertake reviews of the accounts of our listed clients prior to issuance
- Develop training and internal guidance for UK staff on financial reporting matters
- Maintain knowledge management in the team, including management a team responsible for key accounting standards (e.g.: IFRS 15)
- Deliver training sessions and develop publications
- Manage and mentor team members
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- ACA qualification or international equivalent
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and practical experience of IFRS and International Auditing Standards (UK & Ireland), including IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16
- Recent, extensive technical accounting experience gained through working in a technical department of a “Big 4” accounting firm
- Strong ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse facts, consult internally and arrive at solutions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to make complex matters understandable to staff in other departments.
- Solid project management with a proven track record in delivering high quality programmes, projects or assignment outputs
- Strong resilience and ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills
- Practical experience with UK GAAP and UK Company Law
- Substantial performance management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example
Opening date: 03/06/2020
Closing date: 30/06/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development
Sitting within the FS Regions department is our London Region Centre ofExcellence for pension’s audit. The team, led by a Director and supported by 1other Director and 3 managers, is responsible for the audit of c.70 pensionschemes based across the wider London Region and South East. Our schemesinclude defined benefit, defined contribution, hybrid and earmarked pensionschemes, typically with assets up to £500million.
The London Region Centre of Excellence is one of 6 operating across the UK andas a firm, KPMG audit some 480 schemes including 45 of the top 100 schemes bysize making us No. 1 in this market. The Milton Keynes/Watford team works closely with the other Centres ofExcellence and therefore the role includes the opportunity to work with a widerpool of clients.
Working in a part time capacity (c.21 hours per week) you will manage anddeliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. Therole will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will haveyour own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audittimetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the auditteam, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMGaudit process. This will include:
• To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge andaudit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMGrequirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors,ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control ofengagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and businessrequirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working onyour engagements
• Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departmentsand staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress currentand future Audit requirements
• Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the AuditBusiness Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result oforganisational or client focus change
• Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit servicesdelivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of serviceaccordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
• Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initialmeetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilitiesoutside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific trainingcourses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client eventsand taking on a performance manager role.
• Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilstworking as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (whereapplicable) and in-charges
• Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controlstesting as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensionssector
• Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
• Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertisein decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation andevaluative skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
• Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing,understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
• Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operatesin demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to daybasis
Qualifications and Skills
• Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
• Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within atop 10 accountancy firm
• Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards includingIFRS and UK standards
• Significant audit experience for pension schemes
This role is a 9 month fixed term contract opportunity
The UK Head of People Data & Analytics has specific responsibility for ensuring design, implementation and monitoring of key components of the overall People strategy. The role leads the People Data agenda, ensuring:
• The KPMG UK People Data & Analytics approach develops continuously to meet the firm’s changing needs and that its findings are applied across the firm so that it supports all colleagues in the UK
• Best in class data science practices are utilised to identify, advise and inform the wider People Leadership team – Centres of Excellence and HR Business Partners - on key people issues which impact their specialisms or areas of the firm
• Generate and manage projects that maximise the value produced from workforce analysis and advanced model development
• Workforce data is addressed, repeatable processes are identified and insights are developed to inform future decision making and predictive modelling
• The People function is partnered with other analytical groups throughout the organisation to share data and insights and leverage knowledge.
• The organisation anticipates internal and external forces that may affect future business growth and direction, future-proofing wherever possible.
• KPMG develops and executes an appropriate data communications strategy with the different business functions that shares relevant and dynamic information and insight.
Who is the right candidate?
We are looking for a driven, capable Head of People Data & Analytics who has a real passion for unlocking human capital data to improve engagement, retention and overall performance.
The successful candidate is likely to be someone who has experience of navigating professional services, operating within a matrix structure.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player able to support and contribute to the People Leadership Team beyond their core competence.
Objectives & Key Deliverables
• As designer of the People Data & Analytics strategy the role holder will ensure it meets business requirements, the people strategy and provides a differentiated offering from our competitors
• Ensure the design and delivery of the people data strategy integrates with the other areas of the People function i.e. Reward, Performance, Inclusion & Diversity, Talent and Recruitment.
• Engage with the business and HRLT to facilitate the provision of analytical advice that is relevant and critical to strategic decision-making
• Generating data from multiple sources that is easily consumable and actionable and communicating your findings in clear business language, and across various channels
• Leading a small DI team, providing leadership and clear direction
• Maintain a rolling programme of HR reporting and review, ensuring resources are aligned to develop responses, achieve sign off and manage outward communications
• Support the UK Head of People and the Leadership team in the ongoing development of the wider HR strategy
• Oversight of all People MI and analytics including culture measurement.
• Take the lead on ensuring any key interventions that the organisation should make in response to the People MI data set are delivered and owning the prioritisation of those interventions.
Qualifications and Experience
• Significant progressive experience in an HR Data or Workforce Planning role, ideally with exposure to a professional services or consulting environment
• Proven Analytical expertise in a complex organisation, plus wider knowledge of how technology solutions can be leveraged to support insights and predictive analysis
• A strategic but hands on mind-set and an ability to articulate complicated concepts clearly and with confidence to a diverse senior internal client group.
• Ability to consult with and influence multiple stakeholders on strategic projects often incorporating both design and technology implementation solutions
• Project management experience with ability to work cross-functionally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent PowerPoint skills – good at presenting information to senior stakeholders in an informative, clear and professional way
• Confidence in working in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment and preparedness to be responsive and flexible
• Strong people management experience
• Strong external/market awareness, networks and understanding of the broader industry trends and challenges
The role will be based in Watford, with travel to our KPMG offices across the UK. International travel may be required occasionally to represent the UK region at Global meetings, or to share best practice.
Return to Audit – as flexible as your life needs you to be
We know the corporate world can sometimes feel like you are expected to be just like everybody else – however you are an individual and we like that.
Our Audit business has designed a return to work programme to target qualified audit professionals who are looking for flexibility; ensuring that they can balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out and are now looking for opportunities to combine a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Audit will support individuals in roles that are structured around flexible hours and remote working, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. All the roles are internally focused, across the UK and based at KPMG offices with the six week school holidays built in as leave. The roles will be within our Audit Centre of Excellence IT Audit and Front Line Audit teams. They cover an array of capabilities and skills ranging from technical audit expertise to project management.
The roles broadly fall into two categories - you can either have:
1. Flexible working for 3 or 4 days per week, with one of those days working at home; or
2. Reduced hours working a shorter day from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
The roles will be a fixed term annualised days’ contract of one year with an initial month of full time training, and with a second month of training and work shadowing until you are fully comfortable. After the contract expires, candidates will be able to apply for permanent positions, depending on the success of their time at KPMG.
At the heart of the programme is a structured induction programme aimed at getting you up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. You will receive ongoing support in the form of a working mentor and a buddy. The development opportunities won’t end once the induction is finished. You will enter an ongoing training path with check-in points to evaluate progress against goals and determine additional training needs.
Who we are looking for?
- Candidates with ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualification
- Candidates must have demonstrable experience working in Audit in the last six years
- For those looking for roles specifically in IT Audit a degree/masters qualification in IT/business and a recognised accounting and/or auditing (e.g. CISA, ACA, CIMA) qualification would also be desirable.
- Candidates will have a passion for returning to Audit working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
- Candidates will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior audit experience and qualifications
We aim to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please complete the application. We want to hear from you!
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Insurance marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. Our insurance audit department is expected to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. In addition, the forthcoming new requirements from the IASB will generate a significant amount of change in the insurance industry. As a trusted partner within the industry, KPMG will be supporting insurance companies throughout this accounting change across a range of disciplines including financial reporting, actuarial, IT and management consulting disciplines.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, ideally in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in IFRS 17, US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
We are looking for qualified accountants, currently working at Senior Manager level, to join the audit practice in our Birmingham office.
Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. As an audit senior manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Many of our clients are international and have subsidiaries all over the world, giving our work a truly global perspective.
Manage and deliver external audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP. US GAAP would be beneficial but not essential. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and Manager work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KAM requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KAM and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers and Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director and Partner in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
- Currently working at Senior Manager level and able to demonstrate leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Knowledge and experience of external auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP. US GAAP would be beneficial but not essential.
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written.IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA or country equivalent
- Significant experience as Senior Manager gained in an external audit capacity in a Big 4 Accounting firm
- Currently in a Big 4 Accounting firm
- Demonstrate experience of current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS