I'm looking for
Search results for "Data & Analytics"
Data Analytics Assistant Manager
Service Line: Customer
Assistant Manager Infratech (Technology and Data Analytics)
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Data Scientist - Assistant Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
ERP Analytics Assistant Manager
Service Line: Audit
Assistant Manager - Deal Analytics
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Our clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from data and documentation. Our specialists provide independent, jargon free advice and advanced technology capabilities to help our clients proactively manage their technology risks and use their data to its full potential.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
• Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
• Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
• Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
Reporting to the Director of the team, the role involves overseeing and lead a team which:
• Develops solution features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines
• Uses data analytics tools and techniques to identify patterns, extract outliers, and perform analyses to address client problems
• Develops data visualisations to display analyses to end users
• Tests and validates solutions
• Develops competence in a broad range of technologies and frameworks for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle
• Undertakes technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and design & build of solutions
• Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
• Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
• Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
• Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
• Proven experience of working in Data & Analytics and multi-disciplinary teams.
• Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data management issues, examples include re-performance of complex systems.
• Experience in business and data analysis and understanding of core business and financial processes within clients’ markets.
• Experience in Enterprise performance management and understanding how an organisation uses Management Information to make decisions.
• Experience in some of the following or similar technology areas:
• Data Analytics (SQL)
• Data Reporting (Excel, VBA, PowerBI)
• Solution Building
• Experience of Aerospace & Defence industry is preferred.
• Security Cleared or capable of being security cleared
• Big 4 professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment.
• Degree/masters qualification in IT or numerate degree is preferred.
At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That's why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We're a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.
We're at our best when you're at your best; that's why we've created 'Our Deal' and 'The Academy'. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through 'The Academy', you'll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we're making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets have never been greater. Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure and asset-intensive organisations across all sectors, including Natural Resources, Energy, Power, Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence, Health and Education. We are strengthening our Infratech capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use data, analytics and technology to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Asset Management and Data Analytics. We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients. You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our Infratech business, working with client organisations and other KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions.
2. Description of the role:
- Support the IAG Infratech Lead in developing our Infratech value propositions
- Deliver Infratech engagements
- Develop technology solutions for client challenges
- Work with KPMG’s global Infratech network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- Work with KPMG’s technology and data analytics team to develop and deploy proof of concepts and solutions
- Use your analytical skills to bring new insights to clients
3. Role dimensions
3.1. Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- Client facing role for engagement delivery, including analysis, presentation and workshop facilitation.
- Work with client teams to develop analytical proof of concepts.
- Support change management of client teams to embed solutions and supporting processes, training and upskilling client teams.
- Develop internal networks with other data, analytics and technology teams in KPMG
3.2. Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
- The role will potentially have a material impact on the success of the Infratech offering and its growth within IAG
- The role will be client facing and have direct impact on the reputation and perception of KPMG
4. The Person
- Experience working with data, analytics and technology to solve problems and drive business improvement
- Interest in infrastructure industry sectors
- Demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering projects within a disruptive sector, such as a technology start-up
- Experience in consultancy / client facing assignments
- Experience of developing applications to solve business problems
4.2. Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Analytical background including numerate degree (or equivalent experience)
- Data science skillset, including coding experience in Python, R, or similar language
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques and their application to business problems
- Development in cloud-based environments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to bring complex data, analytics and technology concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical rigour
Many of our clients are on a ‘digital transformation journey’ to increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. Our highly specialised Data Science and Engineering team in our KPMG ‘Lighthouse’ uses advanced analytical techniques and industrial scale technology platforms to help our clients accelerate their digital transformation journeys. Typical projects require extracting a variety of data at large scale, drawing deep insights using complex analytical algorithms, and visualising the results to articulate compelling and engaging stories that, in the end, deliver increased value from that data. Our UK team works closely together with data science and engineering teams around the world, supported by our global ‘Ignite platform’, in order to maximise our collective success
The Job Description
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Our Data Scientists support the whole firm on a wide variety of projects, across our Audit, Tax and Advisory business. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including business disruption, process optimisation, resource optimisation, fraud, regulatory compliance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more
Client related work
: A Data Scientist would typically work under the guidance of a Senior Data Scientist and collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to show the art of the possible and to assess possible value and feasibility of applying data science in order to help solve specific business problems. This could include demoing to prospective clients, developing data strategies, leading feasibility studies, explorative data analysis, delivering minimal viable products or fully fledged projects including putting our models into production either on our own or our client’s environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
Operate as part of a team of Data Scientists on specific engagements, focused on the development, training and monitoring of data science solutions that accelerate our clients’ digital journeys.
Work collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to develop solutions that solve business problems
Support client engagements focused on large data sets and applying advanced analytical techniques, in diverse domains such as retail price optimisation, channel management, marketing strategies, customer intelligence, financial crime, risk management, healthcare digitisation, smart grids, etc.
Monitor performance to ensure models perform as effectively as possible.
Develop new, or tailor existing, analytical solutions designed for processing large data sets (e.g. using an Hadoop framework) and by applying advanced analytical techniques (e.g. machine learning, neural networks, NLP, A/B testing, etc.)
Liaise with our advanced Data Engineers in terms of data engineering, model deployment and architecture activities to jointly build solutions that will interoperate seamlessly with other elements of the broader information architecture
Well versed at applying advanced analytical techniques to large and varied data sets, generated and flowing at a rapid rate. Sample techniques include, but are not limited to:
Applied machine learning
Natural language processing
Collaborative filtering and recommender systems
Neural networks (including recurrent, convolutional)
Event detection and tracking
Analysing data growth and lead capacity/sizing activities to arrive at the most appropriate commercial and technical solution
Generating and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyse historical data, identify patterns from samples for reporting of trends and support Predictive Analytics
Leveraging data visualisation techniques and tools to effectively demonstrate patterns, outliers and exceptional conditions in the data
Creating performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of Data Science solutions
Deploying models into production, with awareness of the challenges.
Conceptualising necessary data governance models to support the technical solution and assure the veracity of the data
Operating within the exploratory and experimental aspects of Data Science, e.g. to tease out interesting and previously unknown insights from vast pools of data
Working collaboratively with other members of the Data Science and Information Architecture teams to innovate and create compelling data-centric stories and experiences
Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists and in big data platforms, like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java.
Track record in staying conversant in new analytic technologies, architectures and languages – where necessary – for storing, processing and manipulating this type of data
Demonstrated Data Science consultancy skills, e.g. participate in hypotheses workshops, mentoring more junior team members, preparing reports and presenting data science results.
Skilled to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the organization
Planning and organisation skills so as to work with a high performance team, handle demanding clients and multitask effectively
Experience in data, data science, data engineering and/or other technology related capabilities
BSc (ideally MSc) in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical field
A combination of one or more of the following:
Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java, C++
Skills in data engineering technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Elasticsearch
SQL and NoSQL databases
Our projects include extracting, analysing and visualising data from our clients ERP systems to support audit and advisory engagements covering: process control, process & control optimisation, security, and ERP related GRC services. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, or as part of external and internal audit, or wider advisory engagements.
An Assistant Manager with a focus on ERP analytics would typically be responsible for the quality, value and timely delivery of a number of engagements. This will include delivery of the high demand for data and analytics for some of our largest and most complex external and internal audits, but also supporting Consulting and Tax projects.
As a member of our team, you will also get involved in product development and innovation activities, to ensure that KPMG’s ERP analytics capability remains market leading on a global scale, as well as coaching other ERP analytics specialists.
This role requires specific SAP and/or Oracle and data analytics (and/or GRC) experience. Delivering ERP process controls, data analytics and assurance services. The successful candidate will be involved in client facing and client relationship building across of range of corporate clients.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role
- Audit and advice clients that operate SAP or Oracle systems including GRC.
- Help clients enhance their own ERP data analytics capability.
- Work stream lead / SME on SAP/ Oracle/ GRC control and/or data analytics engagements.
- Building and managing strong client relationships across a range of clients.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in particular in the Audit and wider Advisory areas.
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. innovation, training, knowledge management.
- A good understanding of SAP, Oracle, data analytics and/or GRC technology platforms.
- Ability to identify and assess complex ERP risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express clear views.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the job
- Proven experience of successfully delivering SAP/ Oracle security, control, data analytics and GRC services (including external/internal audit) to medium/ large, multi-national clients. Including, for example, experience in Oil & Gas, Retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Utilities and Life Sciences sectors.
- Proven experience in auditing and advising clients that operate SAP/ Oracle.
- Proven experience in business process and functional experience of key SAP/ Oracle Financials modules, ideally including SAP HANA and/or Oracle Fusion
- Proven functional experience of GRC, Financials, BPC and BI.
- Proven experience of design, build and delivery of data analytics related capabilities, including data extraction and processing (i.e. ETL), designing and building of data analysis routines and designing and building of data visualisation formats
- Proven experience interpreting data analytics results, and ability to derive insightful and quantifiable business insights using data analytics outputs
- Proven experience in identifying root causes to detected exceptions and translating these to actionable recommendations, e.g. ERP process or system changes
- Proven experience integrating into a suitable IT infrastructure, including architecture design and system configuration
- Proven experience of using data analysis tools in an ERP environment, e.g. SQL, Alteryx, Qlik, Tableau.
- Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services.
- Proven experience working for “Big 4” professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience.
- Proven experience supporting service line through innovation and knowledge management.
An exciting opportunity to become part of a new team within deal advisory using and developing a combination of data analytics and financial due diligence.
KPMG’s Deal Analytics team focuses on fundamental business issues managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs that organisations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals.
The Deal Analytics team work with big data tools to interrogate large volumes of financial data in order to provide insights into profitability and other financial metrics during a transaction. We are also developing additional toolsets to help clients understand their business both during and post deal.
Roles and Responsibilities
•Research and study the business for a given project, critically dissect the strategy and develop insightful analysis
•Work closely with both offshore and research teams to support analysis
•Work with financial due diligence teams to provide deep business analytics and integrate findings into product deliverables
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
•Significant experience in strategy consulting , financial analysis, mergers & acquisitions, transaction services, advisory, public accounting, or financial audit
•Experience in project management including: planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
•Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
•Superior analytical skills using financial modelling, research, and accounting analysis, proficiency with financial research tools
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills