I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Risk Management"
Associate Director - Asset Management - Infrastructure
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Head of Service Integration and Management
Service Line: ITS
Credit Risk Assurance Assistant Manager- Leeds
Service Line: Audit
Credit Risk Assurance Senior Manager
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Climate Risk & Strategy - Transactional Services
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Diagnostic Services
- Maturity Assessments, Systems Audit, Benchmarking, Penetration Assessment
- Governance, Policy & Strategy, Valuation
- Asset operating Models, Asset Information, Lifecycle Delivery, Asset Risk siness’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
As an Associate Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for
- Developing the Asset Management Advisory business capabilities and experience.
- Leading on client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and manage the use and development of the AM tools and methodologies.
- Engaging with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Managing the teams and delivery of work to clients, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high.
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Building relationships and identifying opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients helping to convert opportunities for new assignments
- Helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments
assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
We are looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. It is likely that they will have been involved with the development of PAS 55 or ISO55,000 standards or developed AM approaches for Infrastructure business’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
- Asset management policy and strategy
- Assessing and managing asset management risks
- Asset management information and knowledge
- Dual Qualified & accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience.
- Life-cycle decision-making
- Developing asset management plans
- Managing asset lifecycle activities
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence or Power sectors
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Demand forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
Part of our technology organisation, this is a delivery-focused role, we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated SIAM Delivery Lead with service delivery management experience in a multi-supplier environment. The SIAM Delivery Lead is a multifaceted leadership role in a multi-supplier ecosystem supporting the implementation and management of the SIAM organisation, processes, and policies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of functional leads through the implementation, maintenance and delivery of the Multisource Integration (MSI) and ITSM Service Operations.
- Lead and develop the service integration and management (SIAM) capability within our technology organisation to deliver a model to manage our supply chain and a coherent and high-quality business experience.
- Design and implementation of an overall Service Integration and Management strategy in conjunction with other Technology leaders.
- Foster strong and enduring relationships across technology to support leaders and teams as they adopt and operate the model day to day.
- Be an energetic advocate for collaboration across teams to realise improvements in service, efficiency, quality and value with partners across our supply chain and the services delivered to our business.
- Understand the KPMG business and the impact of the ecosystem on its ability to succeed
- Support the organisational change initiatives required to transition the customers operations to the commercial-based SIAM ecosystem model
- Manage the transition and design of the SIAM organisation to an operational state, including any required staffing, processes, and strategic direction
- Oversee the SIAM functions including ecosystem governance, customer engagement, service transition, and performance management
- Optimise the overall operation of the ecosystem services, managed service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer
- Engage with the KPMG business at the enterprise architecture level to strategically align the demand for new technical capabilities and the services provided the ecosystem
- Collaborate with other ecosystem support functions such as Situational Awareness as a Service, Operations to manage the cross-functional processes required for seamless service delivery
- Directly support the Program Manager to ensure that all SIAM programmatic level responsibilities (e. g., staffing, programmatic deliverables, monthly reporting, ad hoc requests, etc.) are completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner
- Be ultimately accountable for the performance of all UK and any off-shore resources, whether in a direct or in-direct reporting line
- Ensure all teams are compliant with performance management frameworks, information security standards, training requirements, risk, ethics, and behaviour and diversity guidelines
- Goal setting oversight to ensure high standards of SMART objectives
- Ensure adequate career guidance / counselling is in place to support teams
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for end to end performance management of all suppliers acting as the supplier manager and internal service providers under the remit of SIAM with operational management as per the SLA’s and OLA’s respectively
- Develop a deep understanding of KPMG’s strategy, competitive advantage, operating businesses and ways of working
- Understand the key financial drivers and dynamics driving business growth and our business goals
- Develop and maintain strong and supportive relationships with internal stakeholders across Solutions and Delivery.
Manage the design of and transition to the new SIAM organisation
- Responsible for the design, implement and maintain of SIAM policies, processes and procedures
- Facilitating regular Service reviews with all suppliers to maintain a healthy, mutually supportive working relationship between KPMG and all suppliers
- Managing the payment of service credits in line with contractual terms and conditions in response to poor performance of contractual breaches etc.
- Design the ITSM tooling strategy including master data management and workflows.
- Defines, documents, maintains and communicates clear/unambiguous roles and responsibilities for the services and involved internal and external parties
- Oversee multisource functions such as supplier portfolio governance, the voice of the supplier surveys and activities and service transition processes.
- Lead the Service Integration & Management (SIAM) Team to deliver successful business outcomes while generating a strong team culture that promotes collaboration, innovation and a customer-centric approach.
- Must have extensive Service Delivery Management experience
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Candidate must be pro-active and a team player, but capable of working effectively independently or with limited support.
- Experience in working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strategy & roadmap creation and promotion
- Must be able to operate in a rapidly changing, very complex and technical environment.
- AWS and Azure exposure would be advantageous.
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
• Technical model development documentation review
• Technical model validation documentation review
• Assessment of model performance
• Independent replication of any of the above
Acting as a technical specialist on the external audit of audit entities end to end credit risk process and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
• Credit risk governance reviews
• Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
• Individual credit file reviews
• Substantive testing of any of the above
• Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate or build credit risk measurement models.
• The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
• The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
• Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques.
• Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9, CECL and regulatory credit risk models.
• Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
• Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models.
• Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation.
• Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
• Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python.
• Experience of developing and /or validating IFRS9/IRB models.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Multiple positions available
Opening date 04/06/2020
Closing date 01/07/2020
Competitive salary plus benefits
Acting as a technical subject matter specialist on the external audit of credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Technical model development documentation review
2) Technical model validation documentation review
3) Assessment of model performance
4) Independent replication of any of the above
Acting as a technical subject matter specialist on the external audit of audit entities end to end credit risk process and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Credit risk governance reviews
2) Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
3) Individual credit file reviews
4) Substantive testing of any of the above
Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate or build credit risk measurement models.
The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The individual will also be expected to work independently and be able to manage teams of up to 10 on audits or advisory engagements. Said individual would also be responsible for the quality and risk management on audit and advisory engagements.
The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
- Experience in managing teams of 6-10 people
- Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques
- Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9, CECL and regulatory credit risk models
- Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
- Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
- Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
Are you looking for an exciting career at the cutting edge of KPMG’s response to the global agenda on climate change?
Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to shape a brand new proposition and advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the world has ever seen with a range of FTSE clients?
If so, then consider joining us in KPMG’s newly established Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy team. Led by Simon Weaver and Bridget Beals, the Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy team has been formed to help our clients respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, assisting them to identify and quantify climate risks to their business to meet regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands; analyse and assess the range of mitigation and adaptation strategies available to them to mitigate the risks; implement the strategies; and, finally, embed the risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting, helping to pave the way to a low carbon economy.
We have a vision for every Board to consider climate change in their Enterprise Risk Management. So far, we have focused on FTSE250 Boards with really positive results – we are already responding to several RFPs and are having bilateral conversations with respect to scopes of work with 5 other major listed corporates. This is hugely encouraging as we pursue our ambition of delivering £140m of profit with purpose for KPMG by 2025.
The successful candidates will work across multiple engagements managing the delivery of key outputs relating to the different facets of our proposition and shaping our future propositions.
We are looking for hires who can provide the perfect combination of passion, dynamism, enthusiasm, capability, accountability, and above all the ability to be a great team player.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Managing and actively originating Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy engagements by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with target clients and key market constituents
- Proactive and highly tangible sector mapping to identify targets and new opportunities
- Managing delivery of several engagements on a day to day basis and managing medium to large size projects or work streams
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced, including qualitative and quantitative analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Ensuring internal and external compliance procedures are adhered to
- Developing the team culture and inspiring and empowering team members to be the best
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Please send your CV with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages explaining:
1. Why you want to work in Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
2. The skills you would bring to the team and why you think they are important for the team to have
3. Anything else you think is relevant to your application
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal