I'm looking for
Search results for "Forensic"
Forensic Technology – Assistant Manager
Service Line: Forensic
Manager Forensic IGH
Service Line: Forensic
Competition Economics Associate Director
Service Line: Forensic
Corporate Intelligence Assistant Manager
Service Line: Forensic
Service Line: Forensic
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 19/03/2020
COMPETITIVE SALARY + BONUS + BENEFITS
MULTIPLE ROLES AVAILABLE
Forensic Technology (FTech) supports clients and their legal advisors in response to litigation, civil disputes, investigations, regulatory, and M&A matters. FTech assist their clients through the preservation, collection, processing, reporting, and analysis of electronically stored information (ESI) such as emails, chat messages, and documents.
The projects are often time critical and include global clients with footprints around the world. Many projects have a significant impact on our clients’ businesses and communities, with matters occasionally featuring on international headlines.
Key responsibilities for the role
- Support the delivery work on a range of engagements.
- Responding to client requests with oversight from the engagement manager.
- Managing small to medium projects from start to finish.
- Extract, store, enhance, and investigate large volumes of unstructured data by leveraging market-leading technologies and methodologies.
- Preparing and normalising unstructured data from a range of data sources: email, electronic documents, instant messaging, chat data, audio data and more.
- Investigating and resolving data quality issues.
- Maintaining and updating procedural documentation.
- Intergrate systems and applications through APIs
- Supporting off-site projects where a mobile technology environment has been deployed.
- Providing technical advice and expertise during client calls and meetings.
- Design database schemes and ETL processes in response to client requirements
- Assisting in business development by contributing to sales pitches and tenders.
- Developing integrations and automation workflows for standard processes.
- Delivering internal training and coaching to colleagues.
- Performing technology demonstrations in the form of seminars or online webinars.
- Researching and testing new software.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the role
- Proven experience understanding of machine learning techniques for text analysis, such as natural
language processing (NLP), classification, clustering, entity recognition, and relationship
- Proven experience in researching or developing machine learning tools to analyse unstructured
- Proven experience in programming languages C#, Python and R.
- Proven experience using data visualisation tools such as R, Tableau, Qlikview, and PowerBI.
- Proven experience in deep learning for text analysis or image recognition.
- Proven experience in data science, information retrieval, statistics, computer science, or relevant industry experience.
- Proven experience in designing database schemas and ETL processes in response to business requirements.
- Proven expereince in advanced data manipulation skills using MS SQL Server and Excel.
- Proven experience in integrating systems and applications through APIs, e.g. REST, and XML/JSON.
- Proven experience in working with unstructured data, such as text-heavy documents, email messages, and images.
- Proven experience working with distributed computing using clusters or cloud services like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Proven experience of NoSQL and Elastic Search technologies.
- Proven experience working in a professional services environment assisting with forensic data extraction, preservation, and investigation.
- Proven experience in scoping a small data collection across a variety of sources, e.g. emails, network shares, etc.
- Proven experience in assisting or driving a digital forensics investigation.
- Proven experience working with operating system, PowerShell.
- Proven experience and certified in a variety of forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK Imager.
- Proven experience working within a professional services environment assisting with eDisclosure processing and review matters.
- Proven experience liasing with clients through each stage of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle.
- Proven experience in review analytics technologies and designing custom review workflows.
- Proven experience in creating document productions to various regulatory agencies.
- Proven experience in eDisclosure processing and review tools.
The highly successful Public Policy and Regulation practiceat KPMG is looking to recruit a Manager into the team. The role willfocus on working with a wide range of organisations including LocalAuthorities, Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trustsand with the private and third sector. Individuals will be required to assistclients to make informed decisions for their locality based on sound analysisand good governance.
Roles and responsibilities
Perform a client delivery focused role whichtypically involves analysis of public policy issues, resulting in thedevelopment of appropriate solutions
Communication of appropriate solutions andfindings with stakeholders and senior members of the team, sometimes politicalleaders and the wider organisations
Develop insightful proposals and propositions,which demonstrate KPMG’s market leading position
Develop networks across KPMG’s public sectorpractice and externally across the public sector market
Develop and deliver high quality project workincluding as necessary the supervision, coaching and guidance of junior staff
Lead the preparation of reports that are welldrafted and concise, addressing politically complex and sensitive issues deftly
Design and participate in the delivery ofpowerful client presentations and workshops
Manage day-to-day project oversight, includingfinancial budgeting and risk
Skills, experience and qualifications required
A postgraduate or strong (1st or 2.1)undergraduate degree in any subject
Good understanding of the issues facing public bodies based upon experience of working in the sector or as a consultant within the sector
Demonstrable ability in leading delivery of elements or sections of client deliverables in an operational or policy setting
Detailed experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis, such as gathering evidence by conducting interviews, surveys, evaluation and other analysis on behalf of clients and as part of project delivery
Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to articulate with credibility and conviction
Proven experience contributing to complex projects with diverse inputs where rigor and accuracy are essential
Ability to translate information and policy and apply to the clients context objectively and concisely
Ability to be work with clients at a variety of strategic and operational levels
Professional consulting experience and has successfully delivered advisory services within a public sector setting
Demonstrates and articulates deep technical knowledge of the sector to meet the needs of our clients
Proven experience of options appraisal, business case development and financial modelling
Experience in coaching or managing junior staff
Demonstrates high level analytical and consulting skills
Proficient in the use of a range of IT applications
Excellent written English skills
Demonstrated team working and relationship management skills to realise client objectives and solutions
Posting date : 19th February 2020
Closing date : 18th March 2020
KPMG’s Economics team uses economic tools to help corporates and public sector bodies understand markets and improve their decision making.
KPMG Economics is active in many of the member firms to the KPMG network, including several countries in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and North America. The London office is home to one of the largest teams in the network and covers a range of practices, including competition economics, applied microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics and financial economics. It also works in regulated sectors such as Telecoms, Energy, Transport and Water.
Economists at KPMG often work closely with academic advisers on client matters and research. They also collaborate closely with KPMG colleagues in areas where strong synergies exist. These include Data Analytics, Disputes, Deal Advisory, Tax, Forensic and other.
We are looking for highly motivated outstanding economists to join the KPMG Economics team as an Associate Director.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in running projects and maintaining client relationships with minimal supervision from Directors and Partners. S/he will have a major role in ensuring that any client work will be delivered to the highest standards in both content and form. Specialisation and/or significant experience in the application of microeconometrics to competition casework is preferable.
Depending on the nature of the assignment, s/he will manage project teams of around two to twelve people, fostering a collaborative spirit and culture of respect. S/he will often work on several projects at a time, managing project teams or otherwise providing senior input into client deliverables. S/he will maintain a positive attitude when the team is under pressure, supporting other team members when they face challenging situations.
The successful applicant will play a key role in our sales’ efforts. S/he will build and maintain effective relationships with clients and will be able to discuss the wider KPMG offering with them. S/he will also quickly develop a strong internal network with KPMG experts in related fields or based in other countries. S/he will identify and act on business opportunities, both with existing and new client relationships.
S/he will challenge established ways of working and thinking, developing innovative approaches. S/he will assess the wider risks and wider impact of different scenarios to both clients and KPMG itself. S/he will implement procedures to achieve sound compliance and prevent deviation from professional conduct.
S/he will also be involved in the management and the development of the KPMG Economics team as a whole, including contributing to our recruitment efforts, performance appraisal, mentoring and thought leadership.
Qualifications and Skills:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
· Top academic qualifications in economics, with a focus on industrial economics and/or microeconometrics, from a leading institution, at least at MA/MSc level (PhD desirable but not essential).
· Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
· An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non-economists, and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
· Significant experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics are an advantage, including using R, Stata and/or Python.
· Very strong command of English. Fluency in other languages desirable but not necessary.
· An ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets, on multiple projects simultaneously, and to produce deliverables of consistently high quality.
· An ability to work as part of a team, managing the input of others (including more senior and more junior colleagues where appropriate).
Experience and Background:
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have:
· Significant knowledge of using microeconomics to help businesses, government and/ or regulators.
· Solid experience as an applied microeconomist working in a consulting environment and/ or in government department or regulators.
· Extensive experience in managing the economic analysis (including econometric work) for large projects.
· Extensive experience in managing resources (e.g. budgets) and teams, as well as more junior colleagues more generally.
· Experience in developing new business desirable but not essential.
The Corporate Intelligence team is an expanding part of KPMG Consulting. The team helps clients address a variety of reputational and regulatory risks in different contexts, from market entry to transactional due diligence and supply chain risk management. The team works closely together with other parts of KPMG, including supporting the rest of the KPMG Forensic team on regulatory investigations and the Global Strategy Group on market entry and growth.
The team is made up of specialists with a range of regional and language expertise, and is focused on work in the EMEA region and Latin America. We are seeking research analysts to join the team in our London office.
As part of the Corporate Intelligence team, you will be involved in projects in the following three service lines:
1. Strategic intelligence, including country risk assessments and market-entry support;
2. Transactional due diligence, both bespoke due diligence on partners and acquisition targets and large-scale third-party risk management programmes; and
3. Investigative services, including asset tracing and litigation support.
Candidates will have demonstrable experience of working across all key Corporate Intelligence service lines and delivering Corporate Intelligence assignments to clients with limited supervision.
The role will also require you to support the CI team through business development, both internally in accordance with efforts to deliver connected consulting offerings alongside other teams such as Strategy and Deal Advisory, and externally via direct engagement with prospects and existing clients.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Ability to undertake Corporate Intelligence research with limited supervision to support projects across all key Corporate Intelligence services, including strategic intelligence and integrity due diligence;
• Ability to independently manage human intelligence sources and nuanced understanding of the difference between evidence and intelligence;
• Ability to present complex findings in clear, well-structured and reader-friendly reports that require limited review from senior management;
• Familiarity with key research tools and databases, including corporate registries in key jurisdictions, Factiva, Lexis Nexis and i2;
• Familiarity with all phases of a project’s lifecycle, including set-up, billing and risk procedures;
• Ability to respond to new client requests with proposals, demonstrating a good understanding of typical scopes, budgets and timelines depending on client requirements;
• Willingness to enhance the team’s network of contacts and understanding of business risks/opportunities in at least one geographical region; and
• Willingness to develop and support on thought leadership and other BD/marketing efforts.
Required Experience and Skills
• 3-5 years’ experience undertaking Corporate Intelligence work, in at least two of the three Corporate Intelligence service lines (see above);
• Very strong academic qualifications, ideally in politics, international relations, languages or other disciplines in social science;
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral;
• Fluency in at least one (ideally two) foreign languages with the ability to conduct research and translate accurately. Preferred languages are Spanish, Portuguese, French, Russian, Italian and Turkish;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet exacting deadlines;
• Ability to cope with multiple conflicting client demands and to manage peaks and troughs of demand to ensure a consistent high quality service;
• Ability to operate in a discreet and confidential manner; and
• Drive and commitment to deliver a high quality service.
KPMG’s Economics team serves a diverse international client base, advising firms on a broad range of high profile issues, from strategy, to financial stability to impact of regulatory changes as well as competition issues across a variety of industries.
Recent and ongoing engagements include market investigations by the UK Competition Commission and Financial Conduct Authority, merger and other competition investigations by the European Commission and UK competition authorities. We also advised branded good manufacturers on impact of tax changes as well as large banks on impact of different macroeconomic scenarios. Our team of economists works closely with leading academic advisors, drawing on in-depth sector knowledge from experts within the KPMG network, to deliver high quality economic advice to our clients.
KPMG’s Economics team sits within KPMG Forensic, and is part of KPMG’s Risk Consulting group.
The highly successful Economics practice at KPMG is looking to accelerate its recent growth. The team, largely based in London but now also expanding internationally, provides economic advice to clients across a broad range of engagements. The practice spans a number of functional areas, with core skills ranging from micro and macro-economics, competition and regulatory economics, micro and macro-econometrics, regulatory strategy, cost modelling, pricing and regulatory finance and accounting. The team typically works with clients at board level, offering interesting and varied work, and the opportunity to earn substantial rewards by expanding our successful practice in the UK and across Europe.
- Substance: setting out clear and coherent economic arguments using advanced micro and macro economic theory and related empirical techniques; identifying risks and opportunities in assembling economic evidence. Using economic techniques to deliver effective advice to clients.
- Reporting: leading the production of effective reports in terms of substance and clarity of delivery
- Presentation: presenting issues clearly to clients; lawyers; authorities; conferences etc
- Project management: leading the team – identify priorities; possible risks; organising the team to avoid overworking and unnecessary risks while effectively delivering to clients
Sales and marketing:
- Internal marketing: growing and maintaining internal networks; proactively developing contacts, spotting opportunities, collaborating on pitches
- External marketing: growing and maintaining external networks. Maintaining relationships with existing/past clients; exploring opportunities for repeat work; conferences; seminars etc
- Winning the work: being a credible expert that can lead the engagement. Demonstrating high performance in pitches; repeat/increased work from existing clients etc.
People and values:
- Living the KPMG values all round.
- Being an integral part of the team.
- Driving good team behaviours and ultimately making the team feel happy and proud of working in the competition team
- Able to identify and mitigate risks – particularly challenging risk issues.
- Maintaining Green QPR ratings
- Qualifications in economics, MA/MSc Level or equivalant experience.
- Ability to work across diverse projects covering macro; micro economics and quantitative techniques would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non- economists and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situation
- Proven experience of leading and managing teams
- The core skill is an ability to use economic theory to turn facts and figures into a compelling narrative, usually with a precise quantitative conclusion.
- Experience in using quantitative data is important.
- Solid experience as a professional economist gained in a consulting firm, in a competition or regulatory authority or in industry,
- Experience working in a senior role with proven experience of delivering complex economic output to senior stakeholders to inform critical decision making
- Extensive experience in managing large projects based on economic analysis