I'm looking for
Search results for "IT Audit"
Resource Advisor – IT Audit - FTC
Service Line: Resourcing
IT Audit Manager OR Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
IT Internal Audit Assistant Manager - Technology Risk -
Service Line: Connected Technology
IT Audit Manager – Centre of Excellence **UK WIDE**
Service Line: Audit
Location: Milton Keynes
Service Line: Audit
IT Risk & Controls - Assistant Manager
Service Line: Connected Technology
The RA will work closely with the team within ITA to understand the resourcing needs of the business. This will involve combining the management of the annual resource planning cycle of our recurring work with the proactive management of ad hoc resourcing requests. In order to do this, they need to develop a good understanding of the client base of their departments, the pipeline of opportunities and the skills set of the client facing staff in order to make the right resourcing decisions.
• Take responsibility for driving the year round planning process. This includes working closely with managers and senior managers within their respective departments to understand the resourcing requirements for their individual jobs.
• Overseeing the staffing of engagements at all levels
• Lead on Engagement Leader/Managers meetings as a group and also on a one to one basis to ensure needs on each job are covered.
• Challenge engagements resource mix where needed ie mix of grades, offshore hours etc.
• Produce weekly MI for leadership and include value add commentary. Understand the drivers behind utilisation and utilisation management. This includes appropriate charging of time worked on the job; booking of training commitments; sickness/absenteeism etc. Flag issues and follow up on either under-utilisation of resources or where individuals are working consistently over the expected hours.
• Attend and contribute to the weekly people meeting with the PL and lead Partner – covering high and low utilisation, team shortfalls and plans to fill them, resourcing issues, under and over performers, promotion candidates, secondment/transfers/ Leavers/ Joiners, recruitment needs etc
• Attend and contribute to the monthly leadership meeting – Busy season process planning and updates, Resource issues, utilisation peaks and troughs, down season planning etc
• Proactively manage the HCT. Understand Headcount planning and the need for any additional staff through the WFP process.
• Understand job booking requirements in terms of complexity and the nature of the jobs, timing, skills requirement and link those with the client service staff skills set and preferences. Understand where there is flexibility in individual bookings.
• Manage the process around shortfalls – understand where the clashes are and how they can be resolved; challenge the requirements – staffing, timing etc. Proactively look for solutions by moving bookings around but still achieving appropriate level of support.
• Take responsibility for managing the Retain bookings to ensure that it accurately reflects our current resourcing positions and that is it is up to date.
• Drive usage of KGS team as part of the planning, liaising with the KGS operations team to ensure optimal utilisation of KGS staff on IRM engagements.
• Monitor sickness/absence level highlighting issues as appropriate with the performance leader.
• Monitor time sheet submission, challenging where appropriate on time charged to job or other codes.
• Drive retain usage with the team as a whole and ensure they are taking responsibility for providing real time updates to the offshore retain team where needed
• Knowing where the team priorities are and ensuring they are factored in to all planning and allocations of staff.
• Proactively plan for the following busy season by rolling forward allocations and highlighting where gaps will be early in the process.
• Work with the leadership to have a full understanding of Audit tenders and the potential impact on the teams future planning and headcount needs.
• Work with the leadership to have a full understanding of audit clients rotating out and what capacity that leaves to be allocated.
• Experience in a resource management environment is essential.
• Excellent personal effectiveness to deal with conflicts, express own ideas persuasively and creatively, obtain buy-in and influence decisions outcomes while managing the expectations of the business
• Good commercial awareness of the business issues that drive resourcing
• Understand our market to balance business goals against each individual’s goals
• Confidence to challenge when necessary at all levels.
• Strong influencing skills to obtain resources for projects both at very short notice and in advance
• An excellent negotiator who is able to build relationships in a wider network
• •Strong multi-tasking skills with excellent judgment to work within potentially competing demands.
Work with Partners and Directors in delivering IT External Audit to the Financial Services sector.
Take responsibility for a portfolio of audit clients (external audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
Take responsibility for the overall engagement output including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, quality and review of deliverables.
Ensure quality of deliverables to the highest standards and in compliance with regulatory benchmarks.
Building and maintaining excellent relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, particularly in the wider IT Audit practice.
Participate and contribute towards audit tenders and pitches.
Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Skills and experience required:
Proven experience in an IT audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple engagements simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver engagements on time and to budget.
Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising senior leadership, key client stakeholders, prospects and/or internal staff.
Able to motivate and lead small teams and work on own initiative.
Experience in core business processes within a financial services environment.
Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
Within the FS Technology Risk team, our work involves providing advisory, assurance and IT Internal Audit services to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, GRC, Emerging Tech and the Technology and Data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of internal audit engagements.
• Managing delivery of IT Internal Audit services in the Financial Services Sector.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, risk management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects including senior leadership.
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities and supporting the team with sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background :
• Proven experience of successfully delivering IT internal audits to, or within, medium to large multi-national clients with complex IT environments and applications.
• Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Experience of auditing cloud (GCP, Azure, AWS) including cloud security controls within a Financial Services environment.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Excellent team player as well as able to deliver engagements independently
• Professional services experience (big 4 or similar FS IT Internal Audit industry experience).
• CISA or equivalent auditing qualification preferred
Roles and Responsibilities
There are a number of IT audit manager and senior manager opportunities within the KPMG UK’s Second Line of Defence (2LD) team. The 2LD team is part of KPMG UKs Audit Centre of Excellence (ACE) department, which centrally oversees guidance and support provided to UK audit teams. The 2LD team’s primary objective improve the quality of audit execution and documentation during the course of the audit, before audit opinions are signed through the performance of in-flight reviews for audited entities subject to review by the UK regulator, the FRC. The 2LD team is a major part of KPMG UKs strategy to improve and maintain audit quality and has seen significant investment in the size of the team since its inception 6 years ago.
As a member of 2LD you will have operational responsibility to coach audit engagement teams on their planning, execution, evidencing and reporting of IT within the audit engagement. You will provide technical insight and guidance as well as ensuring audit teams are correctly applying KPMG UK audit methodology & guidance, and meeting the expectations of the UK regulator, the FRC. You will demonstrate strong integrity and professional scepticism and a commitment to remain objective.
We are looking for individuals with experience of auditing IT within large entities in the financial services & banking sector, this experience can be either in audit delivery or in a support role similar to 2LD. The role will require you to interact directly with audit engagement leaders, helping them lead engagement teams to plan and deliver consistent high-quality audits. You will have direct access to subject matter experts to support you in this role and will be expected to consult with others in 2LD on a daily basis.
Your responsibility will primarily be working simultaneously with several audit teams where you will:
- Help them robustly evidence their risk assessment and develop their panned IT audit approach
- Coach them in the delivery, execution and evidencing of the IT audit procedures
- Challenge the clarity of thinking during the reporting and completion stages
You will have significant scope to influence the performance of these engagements. The role is focussed on engagements within the scope of the FRC’s Audit Quality Review team, which is typically UK listed entities. You will also contribute to the development of sustainable improvement actions to be implemented across all audits at KPMG UK.
Qualifications and Skills
- ACCA or equivalent
Experience and Background
- Currently acting as a Manager
- Exposure to IT clients
PLEASE NOTE ANY INTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE TREATED AS A SECONDMENT
This senior business professional leads audit and assurance engagements to consistently deliver:
- An unparalleled client experience
- Profitable growth from audit and assurance services
- Efficient and profitable outcomes
- Value-add reporting
The key accountabilities of this role include:
- Positioning KPMG as first choice for independent audit and assurance services in the minds of clients and future clients
- Driving quality in ways responsible to stakeholders across society and responsive to external regulators
- Leading a shared team commitment to deliver quality, value-add and profitable outcomes for assurance engagements
- Driving revenue growth across existing and new service offerings
- Being a globally-minded, ethically responsible and culturally sensitive leader, professional role model and change champion
- Proactively investing in personal and team development activities that drive our high performance culture
Key behaviours essential for success
-Drives forward pragmatic and creative solutions which improve productivity and efficiencies in key processes/services
- Demonstrates broad business thinking and sound commercial judgement to add value for internal clients
- Proactively builds and maintains strategic relationship with key internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously reviews business strategy in line with changing client needs and demands
- Analyses complex business situations to identify key issues and priorities
- Helps others to understand how they can exceed expectations and contribute to the overall business strategy
- Demonstrates personal presence and earns trust and respect
- Is able to lead large teams through complex change processes
- Balances the need of the business by driving efficiencies and managing risk and cost.
- Invests in developing and retaining our most talented and motivated people
- Draws upon interdependencies between different functions to improve KPMG performance and effectiveness
- Previous experince of operating at a senior level in a professional services environment will be essntial
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- IT literacy with good knowledge of Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP and US GAAP.
The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance on our clients' technology risks and controls. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age.
We are expanding our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls due to the ever-increasing challenges that clients are faced with. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, supporting teams across the 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines of defence. One area of growth is Risk Assurance and specifically the opportunity to provide support to our clients in relation to their IT General Controls e.g. SOx)
KPMG are growing their FS Emerging Technology Risk team to meet an ever-increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience. We are looking for an individual that has a passion for technology and has experience of working in or assessing cloud environments to help be part of a dynamic and growing team.
Job Description: Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
• Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
• Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
• Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
• Deliver technology risk consulting projects in Financial Services leading teams and working independently providing client-side advice
• Deliver technology risk control testing and transformation projects, providing support on advice to first and second lines of defence on operating models, frameworks, taxonomy, risk and control services
• Deliver client services on IT control testing, cloud technology and other technology risk related projects.
• Take responsibility for client liaison and relationship
• Take responsibility for delivering projects and engagements.
• Quality assure testing undertaken offshore or by junior members of staff
• Identify revenue-generating opportunities and support business development activities such as proposal writing, pitch presentations
• Develop relationships with FS clients (CIO, Head of Technology Risk, CRO, Head of Information Security, COO)
• A collaborative team player who can bring others with them.
• A self-starter with a can does attitude.
• Someone who is looking for an exciting and dynamic challenge, with an appetite and ambition to progress.
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Seeks to understand other motivations
• Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
• Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
• Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
Qualifications and Skills
• Proven experience of successfully delivering large IT risk and control projects or audit engagements either within a Big 4 firm or a large Financial Services Institution
• Recognised accounting / auditing (eg CISA) / risk qualification
• Experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment especially in relation to 404.
• Knowledge and experience of the cloud would be ideal, but not essential.
• Degree/masters qualification in IT
Experience and Background
• Experience of managing IT Risk and Control projects or audits in the FS sector with experience of working in teams
• Experience of managing business and IT stakeholders from across the business and all levels of seniority
• Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
• Strong understanding of FS sector – business processes / products / keys risks
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Good knowledge of different operating systems, databases, networking, security concepts and technologies from an IT risk and controls perspective
• Ability to play an active role in the business development process
• Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Demonstrate professional scepticism - proven track record of compliance with quality standards and an ability to balance an efficient and compliant audit
• An aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technology
• Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours to accommodate tight timelines and manage well under pressure