I'm looking for
Search results for "IT Risk Management (IRM)"
Risk Management - Capability Group Manager
Service Line: QRM
Data Management - Financial Services
Service Line: MC Technology
Business Continuity & Crisis Management Manager
Service Line: QRM
Credit Risk Assurance Manager
Service Line: Audit
Credit Risk Modellers
Service Line: FRM
Role location: London or Manchester preferred. Other regional locations can be considered but will require regular travel.
Please note: for internal candidates this role can also be offered on a minimum 12 month secondment basis
This role is a core part of delivering our Trust and Growth strategy for Consulting. The Consulting QRM team forms part of our first line of defence, helping to ensure our risk and quality processes are effectively implemented. We support our client facing colleagues to ensure that projects we undertake do not put the firm at risk or undermine our reputation.
Understanding and assessing risk and policy implications of projects
- Review of Engagement Risk Assessments (ERAs) submitted
- Approval of Medium risk ERAs once accredited
Provide a face for QRM and communication with business unit
- Provide QRM support, advice, oversight and feedback to the business on risk management process/governance
- Assisting teams in interpreting and applying QRM policy to engagements
- Responding to risk queries sent to mailboxes
- Taking training materials and adapting for business unit as required
Act as a Supporting Engagement Leader to assist provisionally accredited Engagement Leaders
- Meeting new provisional ELs
- Touchpoint to coach new ELs through the set-up process and other key milestones
- Pre-review of risk and other core documentation for compliance with QRM policy
Review and approval of TPRAs (corporate subcontractors) as required
Leadership & Management:
The role requires taking on a significant amount of responsibility for the operation of risk processes in the business areas covered. You would be working in a small team managing the risk processes in your business area.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
The role involves dealing with, and challenging, a wide variety of stakeholders, primarily client facing partners and their teams and assisting them to navigate KPMG’s risk processes.
You would also be expected to develop relationships with a variety of internal specialists such as Ethics & Independence, Information Assurance, IT Security and OGC.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
The role involves a high level of responsibility for guiding the business and the operation of KPMG’s risk controls.
- Client facing Engagement Management experience
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Strong understanding of risk controls and processes Understanding of Engagement Management principles Able to learn risk policies and apply principles to real life scenarios Knowledge of one or more KPMG service lines
- Strong communication skills; able to state technical matters in clear and concise terms; able to discuss technical matters and explain these to senior stakeholders
- Excellent professional judgement
- Exceptional adherence to professional standards including Ethics & Independence and other regulatory obligations
At KPMG our FS Data team works to enable our clients from a broad range of top tier banks, to optimise the use of data to achieve their business strategy, and to implement a data driven business.
As a Manager within this team, you will have a proven track record as a Data Management specialist, advising clients on how to effectively manage their data, from ingestion through to insight.
Specifically, you should have strong experience in:
• Data governance practices including change management
• Reviewing and implementing data quality controls and end to end control frameworks
• Data sourcing, profiling, cleansing, & transformation best practice methods, including capturing of lineage & data definitions
• MDM solutions
As this is an FS data consulting role, you will be expected to competently:
• Lead small-medium KPMG and client data management workstreams of 3-10 people where you are expected to oversee the development and use of data systems, processes and controls
• Be a data management SME on large transformation projects, advising our clients on strategy and design
• Be up-to-date of the latest industry regulations and have a keen interest in future technology trends
• Have in-depth sector experience in either Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance and understand key business drivers and key regulations in the industry (e.g. GDPR, IFRS, AML, BCBS 239, FATCA, Dodd Frank, Solvency II)
• Work with key stakeholders to define scope and discover efficient ways to organise, store and analyse data with attention to security and confidentiality
• Develop lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Identify profitable opportunities, sell-on at client work, make a significant contribution in supporting a market proposition/capability and wider practice contribution
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
• Be client focused with good presentation, communication and relationship building skills.
To excel in this role, you are able to fully grasp the complexity of data management, its importance in marketplace currently and why it is critical for our current and potential clients.
We are building up the FS data team, and as we continue to grow, we want to ensure we are fostering an enjoyable and supportive place to work. Therefore we are seeking people with high energy who:
• Coaches and develops junior colleagues
• Supports the growth of the data management practice through internal initiatives and identifying new business opportunities
• Thrives on challenges and issues and enjoys solving problems
• Inspires change and makes an impact within the team and in a client organisation
• Prior consulting experience
Please note: For any internal London based applicants, we can offer London as a location as well as Watford..
Responsible for KPMG LLP UK (25 locations, 18,000+ staff) – developing and adapting end to end BCM planning in line with ISO22301, BS11200 and company strategy, managing a central BCM team, 180+ business based recovery plan owners and 100+ incident crisis management contacts, reporting directly to UK Executive Leadership/Board.
Our Information Protection team sits within Risk and Legal in the second line of defence. It is responsible for our UK firm’s information protection policies and procedures, our compliance and audit activities, data risk assessments, security monitoring, data loss prevention, incident response, business continuity and crisis management, and training and awareness.
Information Protection is an Exco and Board level topic and KPMG is committed to providing a secure and safe environment for the data and information we hold. Having a safe business operation and supporting our colleagues in working securely is an important part of our public trust agenda and in winning and delivering our services.
KPMG has an established and mature Information Protection programme and team that is delivering a number of high profile projects as part of a wider a Board approved strategy. There is senior sponsorship and support of the programme and a senior level governance group chaired by the Head of Quality and Risk overseeing this area.
- Lead BCM strategy to support KPMG strategy, ensure resilience of KPMG services and adhere to ISO standards.
- Lead Second line oversight risk management responsibilities within Enterprise Risk Management model for UK wide BCM Crisis, Incident and Recovery.
- Responsible for incident and crisis management framework planning to ensure all groups (HR, ITS, Cyber, Communications /Reputation, Physical Security, Workplace) with incident & crisis management responsibilities have compliant and uniform response / escalation plans.
- Management of the Executive led Crisis Management Plan and related materials - Quick Reference Cards, Role cards, Playbooks etc.
- Consultation, support an audit of incident response groups (HR, ITS, Facilities, Cyber/Data Breach, Communications) to develop compliant Incident Response Plans.
- Incident and Crisis Management response – both leading and acting as Subject Matter Expert (SME) support.
- Business Impact Analysis and Risk Assessment / treatment planning for UK – dependency mapping, systems reliance, people reliance, location reliance.
- Risk assessment, treatment and reporting
- Recovery strategy - consulting with wider business plan owners to develop comprehensive recovery plans for their specific groups across UK.
- Design and implementation of online and classroom training and exercising – Role/Framework Induction training for Crisis, incident and recovery role holders with related reporting for compliance; Crisis, Incident & Recovery planning (circa 30+ exercises annually) with related post exercise reporting / lessons learnt and action monitoring.
- Review / procurement of BCM applications to support BCM strategy – Emergency Notification Systems, BCP planning tools, IVR Helpline systems – and related system development, contract negotiation, tendering and procurement exercises.
- 3rd party suppliers – pre-contract criticality analysis and BCP review to risk evaluate / mitigate BCM impacts of supplier incidents, related review of supplier contracts and auditing of key 3rd parties.
- Review of BCM elements of KPMG tenders, Request for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), Contracts and Master Service Agreements (MSAs).
- Reporting and analysis – capability to manage / deliver analysis of BCM capability for assurance and awareness to meet expectations of external and internal auditors and clients.
- Designed and implemented a score based audit compliance template for recovery plans for objective and uniform assessment of plans.
- BCM lead for KPMG internal and external audits for ISO27001 certification, clients and governance – meeting with auditors and regulators to present related evidence.
- MBCI or equivalent
- Experience of being a senior team member in or of leading a Business Continuity team
- Experience of influencing across a complex organisation and or management structure to build commitment and consensus
- Experience of engaging with senior stakeholders
- Experience of managing a team of geographically dispersed direct reports, setting objectives, assessing performance and addressing development needs
- Experience of the external audit process
- Experience of developing an engaged high performing remote team
- Knowledge/experience of ISO22301
- Familiar with mature Risk Management approaches and frameworks
- Outcome focussed
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of inter-personal skills - has the skill to influence and secure endorsement by all stakeholders
- Project management capability to co-ordinate multiple sets of activities
- Demonstrable Leadership skills
KPMG is building a centre of excellence for credit risk assurance services and are looking for a highly motivated individual to act as a technical specialist on the external audit of:
1) Credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures to challenge and validate assumptions and implementation of said models.
2) The end to end credit risk process and credit file reviews
Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate credit risk measurement models.
The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements
Description of the Role:
- Technical review of model development documentation
- Technical review of model validation documentation
- Assessment of model performance
- Independent replication of any of the above
- Credit governance reviews
- Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
- Individual credit file reviews and substantive testing
Leadership & Management:
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical guidance and will have oversight of the work performed by 3-4 assistant managers and analysts
Stakeholder Interaction & Challenges:
Interaction with stakeholders within our banking audit teams as well as model development/ validation teams at entities we audit. There will be significant complex judgements in credit over which the individual will have to exercise professional scepticism
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
The individual will be responsible for the work performed but ultimate accountability for the work and conclusions reached will vest with the director for Credit Risk Assurance
- Experience of credit risk modelling techniques
- Knowledge of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
- Experience in all aspects of model development/validation including data extraction, data transformation, modular model development, user acceptance testing , model performance testing
- Experience of Retail/Wholesale PD/LGD/EAD models
Expertise/Technical role requirements:
- Understanding of key regulatory/ accounting requirements (eg IFRS 9, Basel, CECL)
- Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python
- Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
- Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
• Credit model development, validation and review activity Model data extraction and pre-processing
• Technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements. This includes critically assessing the staging criteria adopted by our clients, helping our clients design and implement staging criteria, critically assessing and conducting impact assessments of various technical decisions on expected credit losses (eg expected lives, definition of default etc)
• Modular model development User acceptance testing Model performance assessments
• Using programming languages like R, Python, SAS, or SQL to perform data extraction and data quality analytics
• Production of model monitoring reports
• Stakeholder Interaction and Challenges
• Communication of risk/finance requirements of modelling to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
• Contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of credit risk engagements.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
•Experience in credit risk modelling techniques.
•Experience of executing programming code including VBA, R, Python, SAS, MatLab, C++, SQL
•Relevant sector experience – Developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models and scorecards understanding the modelling steps required in developing credit models
•Experience in reviewing models
•Experience of IRB/Capital models and regulation IFRS9
•Experience of stress within Retail/ Wholesale banking context
• Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
o Data extraction and pre-processing
o Modular model development
o User acceptance testing
o Model performance assessments
o Production of model monitoring reports
• Experience communicating risk/finance requirements of modelling to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
• Experience of contributing in a senior capacity to a broad range of credit risk engagements.
• Experience of planning, project management, networking and influencing skills
• Experience in IFRS9 and IRB.
Opening Date: 30/01/2020
Closing Date: 27/02/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Multiple positions available’