I'm looking for
Search results for "IT Services (ITS)"
Audit Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Restructuring - North
Service Line: Restructuring
ESG/Sustainability Senior Assurance Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Service Line: Audit
Assistant Manager - MPA - Quantity Surveyor
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Business Development Manager - Aberdeen
Service Line: Coverage Central
As an Audit Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Corporates clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential
- Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include: reviewing global engagement records in sentinel; analysing and categorising the records; contacting partners globally for engagement information; preparing data and drafting Independence reports; liaising with the UK Ethics and Independence team
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
Required Experience and Background:
- Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different levels of seniority
- The desire to work in a diverse environment, gain exposure to an international working environment and undertake new challenges
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent
- Recent, extensive external audit experience at Manager level within a 'Big 4’ or mid-tier firm
- Team management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example
- The ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Sound practical knowledge of IFRS
- Previous exposure to a range of Corporates sectors such as telecommunications, media, energy, utilities, and/or oil&gas
KPMG North Restructuring team are looking for a Manager to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in the North provides services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types, with a particular focus on corporate insolvency engagements.
• On certain smaller assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
• Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
• Development of junior staff on assignments.
Key skills and competencies required:
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’
• Corporate insolvency experience essential
• Ideally some stakeholder advisory experience
• Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
Summaryof role purpose
Tosupport our growing sustainability/ESG (‘Environmental, Social and Governance’)and non-financial information assurance business across Audit we have afantastic opportunity for a senior manager to join our team and assist inproviding large corporate companies in different sectors, including those fromthe FTSE 100, with assurance over a wide variety of topics. These topics include Greenhouse Gas (GHG)emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains,health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investingand other non-financial information. They will be responsible for managing theseassurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. And they will also have the opportunity toprovide ESG reporting advice to non-audit clients.
Descriptionof the role
You will workwith directors and partners to lead sustainability/ESG assurance and reportingadvice on specific clients. You willtake responsibility for all aspects of the end to end engagement process,including: working to agree timetables, agreeing fees, overseeing the scope ofwork and deliverables, the quality of the testing and assurance fieldwork,preparing the final reporting and being responsible for coaching the team.
Leadership and Management
•Complete the second review of the documentation on the assurance file in linewith KPMG’s quality standards and our internal KPMG Assurance Manual.
•Manage engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410or equivalent.
• Review final client reporting for final review bythe director/partner.
• Coach manager and oversee work performed by the rest of theteam.
Stakeholder Interaction and Challenges
• Juggle multiple sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements
• Oversee engagement and client acceptance procedures
• Own and strengthen client relationships.
Impact, Risk,Accountability and Governance
• Take responsibility for supporting the director/partnerin identifying and pursuing new assurance opportunities. Build your own business network, bothinternally and externally
• Identifying,researching and helping to resolve complex sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
• Be responsible for engagement finances and budgeting
• Develop and improve the standardised Assurance workprogrammes
The ideal candidate will meet the followingcriteria:
• Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
• Experience (minimum 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of delivering and managing sustainability assurance engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) under ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410
• Experience of working directly with and reporting to senior client stakeholders, including being able to identify and resolve issues directly with clients, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experienced in review and development of audit/Assurance working papers.
• A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree
Expertise/ technical rolerequirements
• Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, TCFD and the GHG Protocol
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.
• Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
• An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Self-driven and resilient.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail .
The Accounting Consultation team
provides in-depth technical accounting knowledge to the audited entities in
KPMG’s Banking Audit practice. The team brings technical knowledge with
practical insights and experience in the banking sector to advise our audit
teams on their most complex and judgmental technical accounting and reporting
Our team creates added value through:
-Seamless integration into
investment and retail banking audit teams to assist and deliver on the most
technical accounting aspects of their audits.
- Translating subject matter
expertise on complex accounting areas such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting and
structured transactions into comprehensible and practical solutions.
- Be at the forefront of, and drive
best practice in, financial instruments reporting across the KPMG audit
- Provide high quality and
practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Maintain close links with KPMG
UK’s national and global technical departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide range of accounting and reporting areas, with a focus
on financial instruments for our retail and investment banking clients.
- Integrate into audit teams to deliver responsive support based on strong
project management skills.
- Direct interaction with clients on our biggest clients and/or areas that
attract significant accounting risk.
- Inspection of financial statements of Public Interest Entity clients prior
- Develop internal and external training on accounting and financial
- Respond to ad-hoc accounting queries from audit teams
- Manage and mentor team members.
- There will also be opportunities to get involved in some advisory
engagements and projects led by other KPMG teams where accounting SME support
is required, e.g. IBOR replacement, Brexit, Finance transformation and
- Responsible for delegating, coaching and leading a team of assistant
managers who specialise in technical accounting alongside other managers and
under guidance of Partners/Directors to support our most complex banking
- Direct interaction with Banking audit Partners/Directors and regular
interaction with senior members of Banking audited entities' accounting
policy and finance functions, delivering insights in GAAP compliant solutions
to the audited entities most complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for delivering technical accounting solutions to maintain
industry leading audit quality to a range of complex audited entities
including global investment banks, mid-tier building societies and smaller
private banks. Solutions will be provided post internal consultation within
- Work experience in an accounting firm or finance function focusing on
financial instruments related technical accounting relevant to financial
- Experience of evaluating complex technical issues, requiring analysis
of facts and circumstances and consideration of alternatives culminating in
provision of sound practical GAAP compliant accounting solutions.
- Audit experience advantageous but not vital to role.
- Knowledge of finance processes, particularly accounting processes and/or
Professional qualification: ACA,
ACCA or CPA.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting
standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial
Services clients (IAS 32 and 39, IFRS 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16, and FRS 102
sections 11 and 12) and crucially their practical application within the
written and communication skills; including delivering presentations and an
ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by a record of accounting
Ability to motivate a team and lead
The Major Projects Advisory practice is a global practice within KPMG, working in USA, Australia, South Africa, India and the Middle East. The UK practice is well established with a team of circa 40 people who work mainly in the UK but also on overseas assignments. Our focus is on major capital projects for public and private sector clients in the following sectors:
· Natural resources
· Power and utilities
· Oil, gas and process engineering
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities
The MPA team in the UK are based in London, Birmingham and Manchester. This role will be based in London but may require frequent travel to client locations throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
The role is for an Assistant Manager level Quantity Surveyor with a good level of experience and understanding of commercial management and the project controls services for major construction projects.
The role requires a reasonable level of post-qualification experience with the following attributes:
· Have a good understanding of the issues that impact project performance
· Ability to quickly assess new situations and data to provide a basis for developing an understanding of the causative issues
· Set out a clear approach to tackling a new project issue in the most efficient manner
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Capable of articulating effective solutions to project issues base on own knowledge and experience
· Clear, concise, fact-based report writing
· Understanding of standard industry contractual forms
· Achieved or working towards RICS or similar professional qualification
· Competent in producing and assessing project commercial reports
In addition to the above, experience in some of the following areas would also be of benefit to the candidate in the environment that we work in:
· Project management
· Project Controls
· Earned value management
· Risk management
· Programme management
· Claims, disputes, dispute avoidance
· Governance and control of projects
In addition to the technical requirements of the role we also expect the right candidate to:
· Be capable of working alone or in a team
· Provide appropriate advice to clients and manage client relationships
· Maintain your requirements for continuing professional development
· Assist with business development
· Coach and mentor staff where appropriate
Roles and Key responsibilities
Based in Aberdeen you will lead the regional origination and sales team for the north of Scotland. The Origination team is at the forefront of our efforts to establish, build and retain business within our selected markets. Sales is a high profile opportunity within KPMG and you play a key role in helping to drive the business forward and will be part of a dynamic team culture offering strong internal networks and support. Your role will be to originate and pursue opportunities supported by other colleagues to generate revenues and future pipeline.
This is a key leadership role within Aberdeen reporting directly to the Office Senior Partner and working alongside senior colleagues to drive origination activity across the North of Scotland. The focus will be regionally based Private Enterprise ‘target’ companies where you will drive relationships, raise awareness of KPMG’s brand, originate and create opportunities, oversee strategic proposals and materially contribute to increasing revenue and profits.
Client relationships/Sales Leadership
- Lead and drive the business development activity on a diverse portfolio of regional targets focused on creating relationships and originating new opportunities
- Spend 80% of time engaged in sales and market facing activities
- Identify and gather information on new client issues through primary (face-to-face) meetings
- Personally lead development of relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship and support other colleagues to embed relationships with new clients
- Coordinate client relationship events and identify and build relationships with regional influencers by attending events to raise profile externally
- Take responsibility for leading the regional sales team efforts including hosting internal sales meetings, sharing best practice and supporting the development of origination activities across the region
- Take lead responsibility for developing the regional sales pipeline and converting opportunities
- Focus on current issues to ensure that time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the prospective client
- Coach teams in sales/proposal best practice
- Build a strong and extensive external network, raising your profile with key businesses and multipliers, including sector specialists lawyers, banks, etc
- Origination activity - number of “new” corporate meetings arranged
- New relationships initiated/developed this year and examples of strengthening of existing relationships
- Wider contribution to the regional sales effort
- Sales Pipeline, specifically on new relationships
- Growth v PY and v budget
- Feedback comments from Senior Leadership
- Leverage KPMG network by encouraging and facilitating cross- functional involvement in business development activities
- Act as a focal point for communications between prospective clients and KPMG team
- Facilitate communication amongst team members; develop client knowledge to encourage communication and discussion amongst the sales team
- Share knowledge of sales and relationship management by informally seeking opportunities to coach and mentor partners and emerging leaders
- Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues,needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
Skills & Experience Required
- Ability to drive value-adding business conversations with clients
- Tangible evidence of successful origination and income generation
- Setting the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client
- Knowledgeable on client business issues and KPMG solutions, effectively matching the two
- Confident interaction at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers and other more junior members of the team
- Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
- Good thinker with ability to understand concepts and with relevant industry experience
- Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
- Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Practical and strategic
- Well organised, detail-conscious, proactive, hard-working, and resilient
- Flexible in approach and able to work under pressure
- Experience of a client-facing professional role and understanding of professional services markets will be an advantage
- Experience within the energy, food and drink or business services sectors will be an advantage