I'm looking for
Search results for "Private Client"
Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Water - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Cloud Capability Lead
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Microsoft Dynamics Project Manager
Service Line: Exceptional Items
The Accounting Consultation team provides in-depth technical accounting knowledge to the audited entities in KPMG’s Banking Audit practice. The team brings technical knowledge with practical insights and experience in the banking sector to advise our audit teams on their most complex and judgmental technical accounting and reporting issues.
Our team creates added value through:
-Seamless integration into investment and retail banking audit teams to assist and deliver on the most technical accounting aspects of their audits.
- Translating subject matter expertise on complex accounting areas such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting and structured transactions into comprehensible and practical solutions.
- Be at the forefront of, and drive best practice in, financial instruments reporting across the KPMG audit practice.
- Provide high quality and practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Maintain close links with KPMG UK’s national and global technical departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide range of accounting and reporting areas, with a focus on financial instruments for our retail and investment banking clients.
- Integrate into audit teams to deliver responsive support based on strong project management skills.
- Direct interaction with clients on our biggest clients and/or areas that attract significant accounting risk.
- Inspection of financial statements of Public Interest Entity clients prior to issuance
- Develop internal and external training on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Respond to ad-hoc accounting queries from audit teams
- Manage and mentor team members.
- There will also be opportunities to get involved in some advisory engagements and projects led by other KPMG teams where accounting SME support is required, e.g. IBOR replacement, Brexit, Finance transformation and transaction services.
- Responsible for delegating, coaching and leading a team of assistant managers who specialise in technical accounting alongside other managers and under guidance of Partners/Directors to support our most complex banking audit clients.
- Direct interaction with Banking audit Partners/Directors and regular interaction with senior members of Banking audited entities' accounting policy and finance functions, delivering insights in GAAP compliant solutions to the audited entities most complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for delivering technical accounting solutions to maintain industry leading audit quality to a range of complex audited entities including global investment banks, mid-tier building societies and smaller private banks. Solutions will be provided post internal consultation within the team.
- Work experience in an accounting firm or finance function focusing on financial instruments related technical accounting relevant to financial institutions.
- Experience of evaluating complex technical issues, requiring analysis of facts and circumstances and consideration of alternatives culminating in provision of sound practical GAAP compliant accounting solutions.
- Audit experience advantageous but not vital to role.
- Knowledge of finance processes, particularly accounting processes and/or financial reporting.
Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA or CPA.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 32 and 39, IFRS 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16, and FRS 102 sections 11 and 12) and crucially their practical application within the banking industry.
- Excellent written and communication skills; including delivering presentations and an ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by a record of accounting project delivery;
- Ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c200 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent financial and business advisers in infrastructure.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and internationally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We also work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is a key business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for the large clients in the sector including all of the leading UK energy and water companies. We provide in depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance issues, corporate financial management; regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, as well as other issues affecting value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as one of the most innovative advisors influencing the future of the sector.
Our business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high-quality candidate to support our Power & Utilities business, with a particular focus on the water sector.
- You would be joining the leading provider of strategic economic consultancy services in the water sector.
- While you will have specific responsibilities for contributing towards the team’s water business, there will also be opportunities to work in other sectors, primarily energy networks.
- Working closely with sector and subject matter experts you will develop to become the ‘go to’ person for water economic advice. This will involve developing an in-depth understanding of Ofwat’s regulatory framework.
- You will build relationships with key clients across the sector, as well as with other advisors (e.g. legal and engineering).
- The projects that you will advise on will be high profile and varied. For example, in recent years we have advised on the regulatory framework for the Thames Tideway Tunnel, every aspect of water companies’ business plans, bulk supply trading negotiations, Competition and Markets Authority re-determinations, major transactions, organisational transformations, and much more. If there is a large strategic project taking place in the sector, the chances are we will be advising on it.
- There is no ‘typical project’. You will need to apply a structured strategic approach to problem solving, drawing on established economic principles, while having the capacity to think creatively.
- The work will include a combination of report drafting, economic analysis, and engaging with clients.
- You will need to be comfortable managing, coaching, and mentoring junior staff on specific projects.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate to learn and develop in the sector, while taking responsibility for the quality of deliverables produced.
- You will have experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, at a regulator, or as a consultant ideally with water sector experience.
- You will have knowledge either of the regulatory frameworks for utility companies, micro-economics, or finance (ideally all three).
- You will bring excellent report writing, Excel and PowerPoint skills—strong writing and quantitative skills are a must.
- You will be comfortable and/or experienced in presenting to clients.
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers.
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
Cloud Capability Lead
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote workers across the UK within a sensible vicinity of our offices with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
Within KPMG's Technology service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.
We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our client’s infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.
• Oversee the Building and Running of multiple cloud service teams who help business sectors design, build and maintain infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• Contribute towards the overall strategic direction for the wider Cloud and Engineering communities as well as your direct cloud service teams
• Lead, sponsor and mentor your various teams of engineers. Provide both technical and managerial support, guidance and advice where needed at any level
• Leverage extensive experience to assist your teams, and the wider cloud community at any grade level
• Responsible for ensuring all your service teams are financially buoyant and resourced correctly
• Build strong relationships with the coverage CTO for your area ensure you feed into their Technology strategy and be the trusted advisor from a Cloud and DevOps perspective
• Build on existing and forge new relationships with the wider firm at Director, Partner and Senior Partner level to put the T in GTD
• Ensure all teams are approaching and meeting both client and firm regulatory and security controls and are able to feed these ways of working back to the community
• Support your wider Infrastructure community by assisting other teams, sharing knowledge, debugging problems, contributing code to central projects, and any other things you can think of
• Enjoy yourself. Lead and nurture the culture of your teams and spread the word and capabilities the wider Technology team has across the UK and Global member firms
• Extensive experience managing a large or multiple teams of engineers and being responsible for delivering large and complex projects
• Ability to have deep technical level discussions with engineers, to explaining the business benefits of a range of technologies to non-technical partners and clients who have business issues to overcome
• Have a keen eye for opportunity. Put the T in GTD and grow, extensively, the brand footprint of Engineering not only internally at KPMG but externally to the market
• Excellent stakeholder management and relationship skills at C suite level both internally and client facing
• Ability to operate in a highly context switching environment for not only different clients but different business sectors and different technologies
• Proven extensive experience with Linux/Unix/Microsoft configuration
• Extensive hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Able to identify and nurture existing and new talent
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Take responsibility for your code
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Ability to empower your teams to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal input
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours and locations
• Access to regular training opportunities, attending conferences and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday
Service Line Information
The Technology team services the broader Firm through delivery of core technology and managed services capabilities, collaboration and innovation development services and building our Alliances network.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Project Manager runs projects of any size in an efficient and effectivemanner, and is responsible for their delivery within agreed timescales, budgetsand conformance to agreed requirements. This person is also responsible for the efficient utilization of assigned staff and any associated third parties and for ensuring that all project activities conform to the company’s quality management standards and processes.
Plans and manages assigned projects, keeping customer and senior management informed about project progress;
Compiles and agrees the project plan with the client.
Compiles and agrees with the client any Statements of Work in line with contractual arrangements with the client.
Monitors progress against project plan and budget, correcting and / or escalating abnormal situations Maintains the Project Plan, in particular with forecast completion dates and impact analysis;
Tracks actual costs vs plan (using Microsoft project and our internal Dynamics AX time recording system);
Maintains awareness of all ongoing non-trivial problems towards their solution. Ensures that project objectives are met;
Monitors and controls all individuals allocated to the project ensuring that all project activities are carried out in accordance with the appropriate standards. This includes ensuring that activities are planned and executed in line with the KPMG Microsoft Business Solution project delivery methodology;
Manages any third parties that may be involved as sub-contractors within the project, as relevant, and ensures that any deliverables are produced on time, to required quality standards, and in line with agreed commercials; refers as needed to the Program Manager in case any escalations are required.
Ensures Risks and Issues are being correctly assessed and reported. Pro-actively predicts and mitigates risk;
Ensures Decision and Action logs are being maintained from the key project governance meetings;
Ensures the Change Log is maintained and that Change Control is being effectively applied;
Applies solid configuration management principles in managing the overall Project Document library for KPMG Microsoft Business Solution deliverables to be handed over to the client;
Maintains and publishes the project dashboard by obtaining the critical data either directly from internal systems or from the relevant project resources:
Weekly Product Backlog Stats/ Burndown graph / Risks and issues stats / Defect and % complete stats /Task Completion Stats / Change Log Stats
Prepares weekly reports for review by the KPMG Microsoft Business Solution Program Manager, prior to distribution to the client;
Participates in client reporting sessions, including weekly progress review meetings
Tracks actual vs. budgeted costs and effort on a weekly basis;
Plans and monitors any validation activities with the customer to ensure that all requirements are met;
Plans and monitors any internal verification activities, including any reviews, walkthroughs and testing, and versees the correction of non-conformities to ensure quality of all project deliverables;
Plans and monitors release and implementation activities (e.g. release and/or implementation plans, hand over/support documentation, etc.);
Works very closely with the Solution Architect on an ongoing basis in ensuring the overall quality of deliverables prior to release to the client;
Receives, analyses and co-ordinates the implementation of project/system live changes requested by the customer when applicable;
Addresses all project customer satisfaction issues, escalating feedback as necessary for further action;
Participates in KPMG Microsoft Business Solution resource management, utilisation and capacity planning processes. Liaises with the Resource Manager and other Project Managers to ensure optimum utilisation of allocated resources in line with contracted commercial endeavours;
Contributes towards continuous refinement and improvement of our best practice project delivery methodology Liaises with peers to provide assistance and convey lessons learnt as required, in order to promote and improve the overall program and project delivery capabilities of KPMG Microsoft Business Solution;
Tracks any sub contracts and work orders in consultation with the finance function;
Liaises with the purchasing department to in raising Purchase Orders to cover approved work orders;
An established Project Manager with a proven track record of delivery of software implementation projects. Full lifecycle implementation experience is required;
Experience managing third party sub-contractors, ideally including independent software vendors (ISV’s);
Proven successful delivery of projects exceeding 750 man-days in services delivery effort;
Experience in managing teams of more than 10 staff;
Very strong Microsoft Office skills particularly with Microsoft Project, Excel and SharePoint;
Prince 2 Practitioner / certified APM professional preferred;
Experienced in Agile project management, ideally with direct experience and knowledge of tools including Jira, VSTS, TFS, and of methodologies including Scrum and Kanban;
Ideally experience and specialism in ERP and / or CRM implementation projects, preferably utilising the Microsoft stack;
Excellent time management skills with demonstrable experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and managing a high workload with conflicting priorities;
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment;
Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening): an ability to present information concisely, to communicate in a manner applicable to all levels;
Able to produce high quality and professional presentations;
Excellent attention to detail and ability to ensure documents are consistent in language, terminology and style;
Flexible approach to work with a focus on delivery to deadlines and high standards;
Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion;