I'm looking for
Search results for "Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM)"
Risk and Regulatory Assistant Manager - Wealth and Asset Management
Service Line: FRM
Director - Asset Management Advisory - IAG
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Banking Risk Consultant - Climate Risk - Manager
Service Line: FRM
Senior Manager - Risk Transformation
Service Line: FRM
Manager - IGH Management Consultancy - Edinburgh/Glasgow
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Vulnerability Management Lead
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Our Risk and Regulatory practice provides advisory services to assist leading organisations in the Wealth and Asset Management (“WAM”) sector. KPMG has a proven track record of helping clients in this area, and we have significant growth plans given the opportunities arising from increasing regulatory scrutiny and supervision.
Team members possess a variety of core assurance and advisory skills and have considerable industry knowledge and specialist expertise of the UK and EU regulatory environment.
Advising clients on key areas of risk and regulatory compliance within the WAM sector and the challenges that changing regulation has on their business models. This will include supporting clients on the following areas:
• Assessing Governance, risk and controls and corporate culture
• Supporting regulatory change and implementation programmes
• Pre/Post regulatory implementation health checks
• Supporting firms in the delivery of their own regulatory and compliance responsibilities
• Operational risk management reviews and enhancement
• Implementation of best practice frameworks and KRIs
• Non-financial regulatory reporting (MIFIR/EMIR & SFTR)
• Supporting independent health checks and reviews of operating models to align to regulatory requirements
• Horizon scanning and the impact of regulatory change
• Delivering client engagements, working in both small sized teams and larger, multi-disciplinary teams. This would include the whole engagement lifecycle: Planning to completion and reporting directly to the engagement manager and engagement partner
• Supporting the delivery of section 166 reviews and reporting to the FCA as part of a wider team
• Delivering high quality written outputs for client consumption.
The candidate will also be expected to:
• Keep up to date with industry specific issues and circumstances which affect WAM regulation
• Understanding of WAM sector, business structures, governance frameworks, and process and control infrastructures of firms in the WAM sector.
• Strong communication skills and ability to influence and deal with senior individuals.
• Understanding of the UK/EU regulatory environment
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Professional qualification preferred, with knowledge of regulatory rules and guidance but crucially practical application within the WAM industry.
• The ability to evaluate technical issues, analyse facts, consult and deliver solutions to clients.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, including an ability to communicate well with clients (internal and external) in writing and verbally.
• Understanding of regulatory developments and key current issues facing clients.
• Experience in working with teams and the ability to work independently.
We are seeking an infrastructure professional with a good understanding of asset management principles and the transformation of infrastructure organisations together with a strong track record making real change in these organisations. The individual should have a good track record in professional services including both work winning and delivery together with a proven reputation in the sector. They will
the Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Operating Model Transformation, Strategy and Planning, Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk and Technology.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Asset organisation and operating model design and transformation
- Development and delivery of asset management improvement programmes
- Asset investment planning and decision-making frameworks
- Network resilience and maintenance planning including risk-based approaches
- Assurance and SME peer review of key business processes
- Data and technology advisory services for the asset lifecycle
- Development of strategic plans and businesses cases
As a Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for:
- Leading large, complex client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Leading the KPMG team on project from both the AMA team and across the business
- Identifying and recruiting talent
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and bring insights and leading practice to share across sectors
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
- Targeting key clients in-line with our strategy and developing a pipeline of opportunities to support the growth of the AMA business
- Building sustainable relationships with client in key markets including P&U and/or transport
- Working with other parts of KPMG to win work aligned with our strategy
- Building a strong external and internal network to promote our services and the value provided
- Pro-actively promoting our services
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements
We are looking for a person who can work at pace and bring experience and practical solutions across the broad services we provide and is able to work across different client types. Proven experience in delivering complex engagements, with a high level of client relationship management and a track record of delivery high quality outputs and securing further work. The technical background will varying and will likely to come from an asset, project and/or business management background for asset intensive organisations.
- Track record in improving performance of asset intensive organisations at an enterprise level adopting the principles of asset management
- Excellent presentation and communications experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Understanding transformation of asset intensive organisations
- End to end process for asset management and capital delivery for asset intensive organisations
- Life-cycle decision-making and the ability to manage and direct the creation of asset management plans, capital programmes or maintenance regimes
- Assessing and managing risks at both a service/network level and an asset level.
- Good understanding of asset management information and knowledge management
- Experience in one or more key sectors of Transport, Defence, Property/Estates or Utilities
- Good client relationship track record.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management IT systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
The Banking Risk and Regulatory team within KPMG’s Risk Consulting group supports our banking clients to effectively manage the wide range of risks to which they are exposed, including financial, reputational and operational risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including regulatory compliance, risk management frameworks and financial risk modelling.
Climate risk has emerged as a top priority risk to banks and we are helping our clients to respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, including how to integrate climate risk management and measurement, and meet global regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands.
We are looking for a Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic about climate change who can bring existing banking risk management expertise and experience, particularly credit risk, to help build out the development of our climate risk proposition and service offerings in this exciting, cutting edge, and incredibly important area, as well as delivering these offerings with our banking clients.
This opportunity is within our Banking Risk team, which is part of our Financial Risk Management consulting practice. This team houses many subject matter experts that focus on supporting our banking clients with achieving their prudential and conduct risk and regulatory objectives.
• Provide expertise / input on climate risk in the context of risk frameworks, governance, management and measurement, stress testing, strategy, and regulatory expectations.
• Contribute to the development of materials, tools and methodologies to support our climate risk proposition for use in client meetings, engagements, events, and broader thought leadership.
• Collaborate with global stakeholders on the development and coordination of climate risk offerings.
• Manages one or more client engagements or components of large scale engagements, delivering high quality climate risk support to our banking clients, including day to day management of team on engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback and performance development.
• Ensures effective management of the risks and financials of engagements.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with middle to senior level staff internally and externally.
• Use knowledge of KPMG’s climate risk as well as broader service offerings to actively identify potential new business opportunities.
• Contribute to and/or manage the development of proposals.
• Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of climate risk regulations and an awareness of broader banking regulations, market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
• Provides technical knowledge, coaching and training to junior team members.
This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of building KPMG’s banking risk capabilities in an exciting and rapidly evolving area. It will provide unique visibility across the firm and within our clients, and offer exposure to different parts of the firm, different clients, and different products and engagements.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Extensive experience of working in a risk management role within a financial or professional services firm with practical experience in credit risk, and ideally also across market risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, stress testing, risk frameworks and risk governance
• Experience in managing smaller teams of 2-5 people
• Understanding of the risks faced by financial services due to climate change and how they can be managed, measured, and integrated into banks risk management frameworks
• Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations in relation to climate risk
• Knowledge and experience of credit risk appetite, policies, processes, data, governance and documentation
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
• Self-starter, with the ability and desire to do own research and apply existing risk management expertise to new emerging areas such as climate risk frameworks, policies and processes
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead diverse groups and develop strong networks
• Flexibility and agility to contribute to a broad range of banking risk engagements
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively, with a practical solutions-driven approach
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, across individuals within the firm and our banking clients
The role covers a mix of proposition development, business development and project delivery. As a leader, the Senior Manager will be expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice:
• Proposition development: The risk transformation propositions operate from business model, through all aspects of operating model (people, process & technology), out to managed services and third party suppliers. In this role, you will leverage your background in regulation and risk management to distil complex narratives emerging from the existing and forthcoming regulatory landscape, apply risk management principles and methods to support the development of a future state risk management framework founded on a strategic integrated operating model. As part of your responsibilities, you will promote the proposition internally to senior KPMG stakeholders, with responsibility for sectoral clients, and externally, both directly to clients and through thought leadership pieces and events.
• Business development: In your role, you will be expected to continue to build your existing client relationships independently and with support from the team’s senior leadership. You will help prepare and coordinate proposals and tenders, and any similar requests for information from clients. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities for collaboration across other KPMG service lines to enable the ‘Connected Consulting’ approach. You will be expected to set up and attend client meetings to introduce and develop understanding of the risk transformation propositions.
• Engagement management: You will be responsible for simultaneously managing end-to-end delivery of multiple cross-functional, cross-jurisdictional projects to tight turnaround deadlines. Your projects will be delivered to budget and with compliance with KPMG risk management protocols, regulatory obligations and ethical standards.
• Risk management: You will be required to identify and manage risks, ensuring the internal KPMG risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively. You will coordinate your risk approach in consultation with relevant functional and firm-wide risk stakeholders.
• Developing People: A critical aspect of this role will be to upskill colleagues in the new propositions. You will be responsible for actively engaging with colleagues at all grade levels and supporting them in developing their expertise in risk transformation, with particular emphasis on skills transfer. You will act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of KPMG.
• Delivering quality services: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities
• Advisory Skills: As part of the role, you will be expected to leverage your consulting and industry skills across several service lines simultaneously. In addition to your existing subject matter expertise, you will be expected to gain broad knowledge of the diverse regulatory landscape for corporate clients, as well as the key impacts for a variety of sectors.
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Subject matter expertise in Risk Management frameworks, Risk Operating Model design and establishing Risk Culture. You will have deep knowledge and practical hands-on experience of risk governance, risk lifecycle, risk service models, risk capability models, risk management processes, risk RACI and organisational structure and risk technologies.
• You will need to have a broad knowledge of the UK & EU risk and regulatory environment, including ideally expertise in one or more sectors where you can identify opportunities for risk transformation projects. Knowledge of the US environment is preferable but not essential.
• Experience in developing cross-functional and cross-sectoral propositions, building from sound commercials, stakeholder management, thought leadership and risk management to a streamlined and seamless client experience. Ability to distil complex ideas into an elegant go-to-market approach.
• Experienced and agile project manager, responsible for end-to-end delivery, managing clients, stakeholders and cross-functional teams. You will need to have owned/designed and delivered regulatory solutions, with experience in building methodologies and proposition frameworks, with a proven track record of delivering multi-disciplinary complex engagements.
• The ability to develop strong client relationships and a proven track record of developing and commercialising relationships, with a network of clients whom you can support from a broad regulatory risk perspective.
• Strong personal impact, with the ability to talk credibly to senior management in KPMG and to clients on the key issues facing the industry, potential implications and strategic considerations / options.
• Proven track record of growing, developing and upskilling teams of junior colleagues – team management from a development and upskill perspective.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work in high intensity environments.
• Curious, passionate and proactive about growing a new business within a large organisation.
We are a global leader in infrastructure, government and consulting public sector, with a long track record of working in Scotland across the devolved administration, local government, policing, healthcare and higher education. We are investing in growing our team to meet growing demand and to have a stronger local presence.
Our goal is to help our clients and deliver meaningful change. We aim to be the transformation partner of choice to public bodies in Scotland, drawing on our local team and the wider UK and Global Networks. We help our clients rethink public services for the digital age. We go from design all the way into delivery in integrating public services. We support building capacity, skills and creating the infrastructure needed to fuel economic growth.
Our team in Scotland is a key part of our UK IGH consulting team. Our team builds long term relationships with our clients in Scotland and in particular focussed on organisation change, digital transformation and system redesign.
We are a small team with a whole country to serve, and have ambitious targets for our growth. We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for public services and delivering meaningful outcomes in society.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
As a Manager in our growing IGH practice, you will be central to the development of strategy as well as implementation of large scale public service reform, performance improvement, and transformation programmes.
You will help both grow our business and ensure our teams deliver high quality advice to clients. You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements, ranging from large scale digital transformation, to helping design and implement new, integrated public services, to supporting the execution of high profile delivery programmes.
Our clients are under increasing pressure, from increasing demands on their services, strain on resources and the challenges that the pandemic has brought. As Manager, we expect you to understand these issues and to be able to translate complex challenges into clear advice to our clients. We expect you to be confident in working on challenging projects, identifying and managing day to day risks and identifying opportunities. We expect you to take an active role in supporting the team to win work, through bid management, responding to proposals, and carrying out research. You will need to manage several competing demands, adept at working under pressure and with a commitment to your ongoing career in the firm, as well as coaching and support more junior members of the team.
Management and delivery of challenging, complex client engagements to ensure quality and value to our clients by:
• Understanding their business challenges and the threats they face
• Helping them navigate the increasingly complex public sector delivery environment
• Bringing experience and insight in public sector transformation and change
• Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge, as well as managing the performance and development of other team members
• Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity
• Building and managing multiple client relationships
• Carrying out workstream level project management activity and delivering high quality work in a timely manner to include: scoping / financial management (budgeting) / engagement and risk management / production and review of deliverables.
• Supporting fee generation through actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal development and client presentations.
• Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
Skills & Experience
We expect that you will have:
• Experience in public service transformation and/or programme management
• Experience of delivering one or more of the following areas: strategy, transformation, digital, service/system redesign
• Proven experience of successfully contributing to complex projects in a commercial environment, ensuring the delivery of high quality work on time and to budget.
• Proven ability to work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire drive and resilience in others.
• Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions
• Understanding of a wide range of public policy agendas
• Strong communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
• Ability to develop relationships both internally and with clients at a senior level.
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the public sector.
• Degree level qualified preferred
The role can be based in anyone of our major offices in the Scotland (Edinburgh or Glasgow) and will include travel; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally on occasions, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.
This role is in the Security Advisory and Assessment (SAA) team, within the KPMG UK Information Security function. The SAA team are critical in the assessment, development and delivery of innovative, technology-enabled secure solutions for KPMG and our clients. The SAA team is vital to KPMG’s ability to demonstrate that we are delivering ‘secure by design’ solutions such that our business stakeholders, our clients and our regulators trust KPMG.
The role involves leading and being accountable for the end to end vulnerability management (VM) service. The vulnerability management service helps defend KPMG and its clients by ensuring scans of KPMG information assets are performed and pro-actively managing vulnerabilities in conjunction with Enterprise wide and Technology engineering teams, in alignment with KPMG risk objectives.
The Vulnerability Management Lead will:
• Develop the service, using automation, digitisation, security by design and a customer focussed approach as appropriate, and formulate a service strategy for VM within the agreed budget;
• Understand the dependencies & work collaboratively with aligned services & departments such as Data Privacy, Technology, Risk & Legal to provide a consistent and reliable service & approach;
• Maintain good relationships with customer groups and ensure customer satisfaction, by monitoring quality & escalating issues as necessary;
• Take accountability for the VM service and oversee the delivery and quality of the service by your team, other KPMG teams and third parties;
• Lead and manage a team of high performing professionals in delivering a vulnerability management service;
• Provide opportunities and training to develop the skills needed to meet the future needs of the service;
• Be accountable for performing technical risk assessments on vulnerabilities and recommending remediation prioritisation or approving exceptions if necessary;
• Be accountable for working with various internal and external sources to review threat intelligence and vulnerability alerts, assess impact of vulnerabilities in conjunction with Technology and then prioritise actions based on the vulnerability assessment through a risk-based approach to meet KPMG objectives;
• Be accountable for team of specialists who provide subject matter expertise, such as recommending remediation strategies and providing advice on complex configuration changes in support of vulnerability remediation;
• Be accountable for ensuring service documentation, such as process guides, are maintained and kept up to date.
• Be accountable for lifecycle ownership of in-scope technology that supports the vulnerability management service.
• Be responsible for providing reporting to leadership and other service stakeholders on service performance (against KPIs) and vulnerability risk exposure (against KRIs).
• Be responsible for inputting to and reviewing information security policy and standards related to vulnerability management.
• Be responsible for attending and supporting internal and external audits from a vulnerability management service perspective.
• Be Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, such as Information Security leadership, CTO’s, Technology Operations, business service owners and any 3rd parties;
• Provide advice to senior leadership on ways to improve control mechanisms, identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks;
• Work towards and achieve or extend professional certifications as part of personal development;
• Share experiences with others to assist their learning and understanding.
You must have:
• Excellent and relevant experience in a similar vulnerability management leadership role;
• Strong understanding of tooling associated with vulnerability management such as Qualys, Kenna, Microsoft Defender ATP and ServiceNow.
• Experience and knowledge in vulnerability management of applications and infrastructure within the Cloud, such as AWS and Azure;
• Experience with managing senior stakeholders;
• Be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt communication style to explain technical concepts to different people within an organisation whether advising stakeholders, directing teams or sharing experience;
• Experience of successfully working in a fast paced, customer service environment, delivering high quality information security services; and
• Be calm in challenging situations, able to navigate through complex security problems to find a root cause and balanced outcome.
It would be advantageous if you can demonstrate some, or all of:
• Experience with managing a service and developing a product lifecycle;
• Experience with managing third parties to deliver elements of your service;
• Experience and knowledge of container or serverless platforms;
• Any security or vulnerability management product certification.