I'm looking for
Search results for "Strategy"
Associate Director - Climate Risk & Strategy - Transactional Services
Service Line: Transaction Services
Head of Service Integration and Management
Service Line: ITS
Head of People Analytics - Senior Manager
Service Line: People
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Assistant Manager - Technical Architect - CIOA
Service Line: MC Technology
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Are you looking for an exciting career at the cutting edge of KPMG’s response to the global agenda on climate change?
Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to shape a brand new proposition and advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the world has ever seen with a range of FTSE clients?
If so, then consider joining us in KPMG’s newly established Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy team. Led by Simon Weaver and Bridget Beals, the Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy team has been formed to help our clients respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, assisting them to identify and quantify climate risks to their business to meet regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands; analyse and assess the range of mitigation and adaptation strategies available to them to mitigate the risks; implement the strategies; and, finally, embed the risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting, helping to pave the way to a low carbon economy.
We have a vision for every Board to consider climate change in their Enterprise Risk Management. So far, we have focused on FTSE250 Boards with really positive results – we are already responding to several RFPs and are having bilateral conversations with respect to scopes of work with 5 other major listed corporates. This is hugely encouraging as we pursue our ambition of delivering £140m of profit with purpose for KPMG by 2025.
The successful candidates will work across multiple engagements managing the delivery of key outputs relating to the different facets of our proposition and shaping our future propositions.
We are looking for hires who can provide the perfect combination of passion, dynamism, enthusiasm, capability, accountability, and above all the ability to be a great team player.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Managing and actively originating Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy engagements by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with target clients and key market constituents
- Proactive and highly tangible sector mapping to identify targets and new opportunities
- Managing delivery of several engagements on a day to day basis and managing medium to large size projects or work streams
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced, including qualitative and quantitative analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Ensuring internal and external compliance procedures are adhered to
- Developing the team culture and inspiring and empowering team members to be the best
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Please send your CV with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages explaining:
1. Why you want to work in Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
2. The skills you would bring to the team and why you think they are important for the team to have
3. Anything else you think is relevant to your application
Part of our technology organisation, this is a delivery-focused role, we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated SIAM Delivery Lead with service delivery management experience in a multi-supplier environment. The SIAM Delivery Lead is a multifaceted leadership role in a multi-supplier ecosystem supporting the implementation and management of the SIAM organisation, processes, and policies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of functional leads through the implementation, maintenance and delivery of the Multisource Integration (MSI) and ITSM Service Operations.
- Lead and develop the service integration and management (SIAM) capability within our technology organisation to deliver a model to manage our supply chain and a coherent and high-quality business experience.
- Design and implementation of an overall Service Integration and Management strategy in conjunction with other Technology leaders.
- Foster strong and enduring relationships across technology to support leaders and teams as they adopt and operate the model day to day.
- Be an energetic advocate for collaboration across teams to realise improvements in service, efficiency, quality and value with partners across our supply chain and the services delivered to our business.
- Understand the KPMG business and the impact of the ecosystem on its ability to succeed
- Support the organisational change initiatives required to transition the customers operations to the commercial-based SIAM ecosystem model
- Manage the transition and design of the SIAM organisation to an operational state, including any required staffing, processes, and strategic direction
- Oversee the SIAM functions including ecosystem governance, customer engagement, service transition, and performance management
- Optimise the overall operation of the ecosystem services, managed service providers, and processes to create and increase value for the customer
- Engage with the KPMG business at the enterprise architecture level to strategically align the demand for new technical capabilities and the services provided the ecosystem
- Collaborate with other ecosystem support functions such as Situational Awareness as a Service, Operations to manage the cross-functional processes required for seamless service delivery
- Directly support the Program Manager to ensure that all SIAM programmatic level responsibilities (e. g., staffing, programmatic deliverables, monthly reporting, ad hoc requests, etc.) are completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner
- Be ultimately accountable for the performance of all UK and any off-shore resources, whether in a direct or in-direct reporting line
- Ensure all teams are compliant with performance management frameworks, information security standards, training requirements, risk, ethics, and behaviour and diversity guidelines
- Goal setting oversight to ensure high standards of SMART objectives
- Ensure adequate career guidance / counselling is in place to support teams
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for end to end performance management of all suppliers acting as the supplier manager and internal service providers under the remit of SIAM with operational management as per the SLA’s and OLA’s respectively
- Develop a deep understanding of KPMG’s strategy, competitive advantage, operating businesses and ways of working
- Understand the key financial drivers and dynamics driving business growth and our business goals
- Develop and maintain strong and supportive relationships with internal stakeholders across Solutions and Delivery.
Manage the design of and transition to the new SIAM organisation
- Responsible for the design, implement and maintain of SIAM policies, processes and procedures
- Facilitating regular Service reviews with all suppliers to maintain a healthy, mutually supportive working relationship between KPMG and all suppliers
- Managing the payment of service credits in line with contractual terms and conditions in response to poor performance of contractual breaches etc.
- Design the ITSM tooling strategy including master data management and workflows.
- Defines, documents, maintains and communicates clear/unambiguous roles and responsibilities for the services and involved internal and external parties
- Oversee multisource functions such as supplier portfolio governance, the voice of the supplier surveys and activities and service transition processes.
- Lead the Service Integration & Management (SIAM) Team to deliver successful business outcomes while generating a strong team culture that promotes collaboration, innovation and a customer-centric approach.
- Must have extensive Service Delivery Management experience
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure i.e. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Candidate must be pro-active and a team player, but capable of working effectively independently or with limited support.
- Experience in working with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strategy & roadmap creation and promotion
- Must be able to operate in a rapidly changing, very complex and technical environment.
- AWS and Azure exposure would be advantageous.
This role is a 9 month fixed term contract opportunity
The UK Head of People Data & Analytics has specific responsibility for ensuring design, implementation and monitoring of key components of the overall People strategy. The role leads the People Data agenda, ensuring:
• The KPMG UK People Data & Analytics approach develops continuously to meet the firm’s changing needs and that its findings are applied across the firm so that it supports all colleagues in the UK
• Best in class data science practices are utilised to identify, advise and inform the wider People Leadership team – Centres of Excellence and HR Business Partners - on key people issues which impact their specialisms or areas of the firm
• Generate and manage projects that maximise the value produced from workforce analysis and advanced model development
• Workforce data is addressed, repeatable processes are identified and insights are developed to inform future decision making and predictive modelling
• The People function is partnered with other analytical groups throughout the organisation to share data and insights and leverage knowledge.
• The organisation anticipates internal and external forces that may affect future business growth and direction, future-proofing wherever possible.
• KPMG develops and executes an appropriate data communications strategy with the different business functions that shares relevant and dynamic information and insight.
Who is the right candidate?
We are looking for a driven, capable Head of People Data & Analytics who has a real passion for unlocking human capital data to improve engagement, retention and overall performance.
The successful candidate is likely to be someone who has experience of navigating professional services, operating within a matrix structure.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player able to support and contribute to the People Leadership Team beyond their core competence.
Objectives & Key Deliverables
• As designer of the People Data & Analytics strategy the role holder will ensure it meets business requirements, the people strategy and provides a differentiated offering from our competitors
• Ensure the design and delivery of the people data strategy integrates with the other areas of the People function i.e. Reward, Performance, Inclusion & Diversity, Talent and Recruitment.
• Engage with the business and HRLT to facilitate the provision of analytical advice that is relevant and critical to strategic decision-making
• Generating data from multiple sources that is easily consumable and actionable and communicating your findings in clear business language, and across various channels
• Leading a small DI team, providing leadership and clear direction
• Maintain a rolling programme of HR reporting and review, ensuring resources are aligned to develop responses, achieve sign off and manage outward communications
• Support the UK Head of People and the Leadership team in the ongoing development of the wider HR strategy
• Oversight of all People MI and analytics including culture measurement.
• Take the lead on ensuring any key interventions that the organisation should make in response to the People MI data set are delivered and owning the prioritisation of those interventions.
Qualifications and Experience
• Significant progressive experience in an HR Data or Workforce Planning role, ideally with exposure to a professional services or consulting environment
• Proven Analytical expertise in a complex organisation, plus wider knowledge of how technology solutions can be leveraged to support insights and predictive analysis
• A strategic but hands on mind-set and an ability to articulate complicated concepts clearly and with confidence to a diverse senior internal client group.
• Ability to consult with and influence multiple stakeholders on strategic projects often incorporating both design and technology implementation solutions
• Project management experience with ability to work cross-functionally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent PowerPoint skills – good at presenting information to senior stakeholders in an informative, clear and professional way
• Confidence in working in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment and preparedness to be responsive and flexible
• Strong people management experience
• Strong external/market awareness, networks and understanding of the broader industry trends and challenges
The role will be based in Watford, with travel to our KPMG offices across the UK. International travel may be required occasionally to represent the UK region at Global meetings, or to share best practice.
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
• Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
• Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
• Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
• Deliver business and technology advisory services around cloud platforms
• Develop advisory assets, toolkit's and thought leadership around our advisory services to contribute to market
• Contribute to our wider capability group by participating in and leading people and capability initiatives.
• Deliver high quality advisory services which bring insight to complex technology problems.
• Contribute to disciplined execution of advisory services by adhering to budget and schedule
• Good stakeholder management
• Provide insight across cloud technologies.
• Contribute to business development including Requests for Proposals and new assets
• Build strong client relationships, through high quality delivery and close attention to underlying business problems
• Adhere to internal risk/engagement management processes
• Contribute to the development of a vibrant and profitable Technology Architecture Capability Group.
• Contribute to thought leadership.
• Collaborate with colleagues to maximise and share our knowledge and experience.
Skills and Experience:
• Subject matter expertise and experience from either industry, product or consulting background.
• Experience in delivering high quality strategy and technology architecture work.
• Good communication skills and client-facing stakeholder management experience
• Industry awareness of key methodologies, approaches and market trends such as the role of open source in cloud
• Experience in working with cloud architecture and tooling.
• Experience of working with the following: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as Service (SaaS).
• Practical experience in delivering large scale, enterprise wide, complex transformations.
• A natural interest in technology, being passionate about the benefits that technology can bring.
• High energy levels, coupled with a desire to deliver to a high standard in a suitable time frame.
• Self-motivation and ability to inspire and motivate others.
• Experience of providing two or more of the following: Technical reviews and assessments, IT audits, technical road maps, architecture and solution designs, IT sourcing, IT strategy.
• Experience in two or more of: Azure, AWS, Coupa, Office365, Force.com, Open PaaS, BlueMix, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry or equivalent technologies
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 02/06/2020
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30/06/2020
COMPETITIVE SALARY PLUS NEGOTIABLE BENEFITS AND BONUS
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal