I'm looking for
Search results for "Strategy"
Tax Assistant Manager - Corporate Tax, Insurance, London
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Cloud Transformation Architect
Service Line: MC Technology
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Oracle Financials Manager - Procure to Pay
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
FS Audit Senior Manager (Cardiff/Bristol)
Service Line: Audit
Lead Quality Assurance Manager
Service Line: Tax Central
The department focuses on the provision of high quality commercial advice to our clients. Our approach has as its foundation a thorough understanding of our client's business strategy as well as the industry in which they operate. This enables us to work in partnership with them and to provide tailored and robust tax and transfer pricing solutions to support their corporate goals. The work focuses on corporate tax advisory and M&A services, and includes building long-lasting client relationships and coordination of all tax services to clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate must have experience in all of the following areas:
- Carrying out a variety of corporate tax advisory work, including some international and M&A work, and supporting compliance and audit teams where tax issues are more complex. This includes specialised tax advice around life and general insurance, general tax advice and transfer pricing
- Efficient, effective and timely delivery of client work, usually in small teams
- Development and maintenance of good client relationships, including ongoing identification of leads for new work, and liaison with other members of the client service team outside tax
- Identification of work opportunities through an internal network of contacts
- Development of more junior staff in the team, through on-the job coaching and delivery of trainings to the wider team
- Liaising with colleagues in the wider firm to provide a complete service to clients
- Working with senior team members on identifying and following through future work opportunities and cross-selling to other disciplines.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate must have the following skills and previous experience in all of the following areas:
- An accountancy/ finance qualification to degree/bachelor level.
- An CTA/ACA/CA or equivalent qualification
- Post-qualified corporate tax experience within an Insurance Corporate Tax team.
- Significant experience of working within a professional services firm, with a history of developing strong external and internal client relationships
- A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- High level analytical skills
- Project coordination/management skills
- The flexibility to adapt to the ever changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes.
- UK Tax and transfer pricing knowledge within the financial sector.
- Tax accounting experience is essential for this role
• Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to our clients’ sourcing challenges
You will join a great team and take a proactive role in delivering engagements to senior staff within our clients. You will have the opportunity to provide advice across the Technology sourcing and IT transformation lifecycle from sourcing strategy, operating model development, procurement and transition, in to post deal services and contract value assurance.
Typical client delivery work will include the following activities:
• Leading the development of proposed operating models, sourcing strategies, roadmaps, implementation plans and robust business cases for the functional areas of IT and transformational change programmes
• Assisting clients through the supplier selection process through to procurement and contract signature.
• Leading the development of planned service scope, service levels and establishing the contract and service delivery governance framework for future state operations.
• Supporting the client through the service transition and IT operating model transformation process. Taking on key roles overseeing and managing transformation and transition activities.
• Leading post-contract governance activities including the design of the retained organisation and transition to new ways of working.
• Conducting value assurance reviews of existing service agreements
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
• Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals development needs and career aspirations
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
Sector experience is less relevant and we are specifically interested in meeting you if you have the IT sourcing skill-set and capabilities (across the sourcing life-cycle) and with the following backgrounds:
• Industry: sourcing or procurement experience, working in a FTSE 250 organisation.
• Service provider: experience in a service provider environment, typical roles might include Service Delivery Manager, Transition Manager, Solution Manager.
• Consultancy: experience in IT/Sourcing/Service Management.
• A demonstrable knowledge of the content of outsourcing contracts, best practice in this area and the process for negotiating a sourcing contract.
• A demonstrable knowledge of how technology sourcing and operating models need to adapt as a result of the impact of recent technology changes such as, but not restricted to, Cloud, Agile or Automation
• Experience of system selection, primarily ERP or finance systems.
• Good foundation and understanding of the IT Function of a large organisation.
• Operating model and process design
Sound knowledge of one or more of the following services is required
• Applications Maintenance and Application Development
• Data centres and infrastructure
• End User and Cloud computing
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver SaaS ERP based transformation programmes based on KPMG Powered Enterprise. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, to support pre-sales activities and to develop improvement and extensions to the Powered Enterprise model. KPMG are growing their Powered Apps team to meet an ever-increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
• Communicating compelling and well thought out source to pay solutions in response to complex client problems based on Oracle Cloud ERP technology
• Supporting business development and project delivery activities across clients from multiple industries
• Defining an overall source to pay solution leveraging leading practice solutions to support the business requirements
• System design and delivery, including release management, integration management, data migration strategy and management
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm.
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others.
• Seeks to understand other’s motivations.
• Supports others to make brave decisions.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• An understanding of the key source to pay business issues/drivers that result in clients pursuing transformation programmes.
• Experience of multiple industry sectors (e.g. Media, Services, Retail, Insurance, Local Government etc.).
• Experience of working effectively with senior client representatives.
• Detailed knowledge of how Oracle Cloud ERP enabled end-to-end business process across the Source to Pay area.
• Experience of multiple Oracle Cloud ERP full implementation project lifecycles, preferably from scoping and planning through to post go live support, at least as a subject matter expert.
• A specialist knowledge of Oracle Cloud ERP based Source to Pay (S2P) process area in detail covering Sourcing, Procurement, Payables and Payables modules.
• An understanding of the functional, application and technical architectural elements of an Oracle Cloud ERP programme including approval rules and subledger accounting setup.
• An understanding of the end-to-end business processes across other Oracle Cloud ERP process areas including Acquire to Retire (Assets), Projects Accounting (Costing and Billing), Record to Report (General Ledger) or Order to Cash (Receivables, Cash Management and Collections, with particular awareness of any interdependencies with the source to pay process.
• An understanding of the functional, application and technical architectural elements of an Oracle Cloud ERP programme.
• Should be able to independently run client workshops to drive design decisions and system demonstration in both an in person and remote delivery mode.
• Prepare configuration & other design documents (Functional specification, Solution design document)
• Experience of Financial concepts (required for Oracle Cloud ERP Implementation projects)
• Experience to drive the technical deliverables such as Data migration principles & Integration Design (mainly from functional perspective)
• Experience of operating and implementing in a cloud environment and understanding the impacts of implementing and operating on the cloud versus on premise.
• Understanding of an Oracle Cloud delivery lifecycle using TCM or equivalent delivery method.
• Experience of managing procurement workstream delivery teams with colleagues including client and third parties.
• An appreciation of the influence of user experience-based design eg Personas, user journeys and how this can be used to augment a solution.
• Excellent documentation, reporting and presentation skills in both a virtual and in person mode.
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesise large amounts of information.
• Experience producing project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, configuration document, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc.).
• Highly proficient Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Projects.
• Excellent interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills.
• Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time.
• Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications.
• Good attention to detail and an ability to analyse and use data in decision making.
• Excellent organisational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of Financial Services firms from sectors such as insurance, banking, building societies and investment management. The team is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square on a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
Our Cardiff office is next to the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff Bay and has glorious views across the bay with parking facilities available for the use of staff. As a smaller office, it mixes the benefits of working for a Global Organisation with a small office feel, with staff working closely with each other across all departments.
We are currently looking for qualified Accountants at Senior Manager level to join our Financial Services Audit department in Cardiff or Bristol during a significant period of growth.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile Financial Services clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required.
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters.
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry insurance and Investment Management audits.
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work.
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team.
- Be part of the Investment Management or Insurance department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives.
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential .
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Experience & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Recent and extensive financial statement audit experience within the Financial Services sector
- Recent and extensive external audit experience at Senior Manager level in the Financial Services (Banking/ Insurance/ Investment Management) sector.
- Recent demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Financial Services expertise
- Experience working on tenders
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
We are a team of 150+ technologists providing technology enablement services and solutions across the Tax and Legal business. This business has 250+ tax & legal professionals covering multiple disciplines.
The team is made up of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Multi-disciplinary Engineering teams and IT Service delivery professionals working on a large portfolio of systems used to improve productivity and solve key business problems across Tax & Legal.
We also build cutting edge web portals for clients to interact with KPMG, maximising collaboration and ensuring seamless delivery of information to our clients.
You will be leading 6-9 onshore and offshore QA Engineers working on variety of projects across the Tax and Legal Technology team. You will be continuously monitoring and guiding the testers to achieve the highest quality and QA standards. You will work as part of our development team to carry out comprehensive quality assurance testing for all product developments, enhancements and fixes for our software, which will include release and system testing with usage of automation. The purpose of the role is to ensure that the quality of our software is maintained at the highest possible levels, increasing the satisfaction of customers and reducing the number of issues using automated technologies.
In this role you will …
- Work as part of an agile software development team, ensuring high quality software releases
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Establish good testing practices and write the test strategies using appropriate manual and automation techniques and methods
- Produce Test Plans for testing requirements
- Lead the development of detailed Test Cases and Test Scripts in line with the Test Strategy
- Write, implement and execute automated tests using a framework of industry tools
- Create and manage appropriate test data for proving execution of test requirements
- Manage, raise and record details of incidents encountered during testing
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artefacts like test data, data validation scripts and test harness
- Take an active role in mentoring and supporting development of team members
You will have ...
- A passion for delivering quality software focusing on excellent user experience and high fidelity to visual design
- Experience in designing and creating automated frameworks using Selenium or similar tools.
- Experience in C#, Java or similar object orientated programming language.
- Experience of implementing BDD tools such as SpecFlow or Cucumber
- Experience in capturing the Risks and implementing the mitigation process
- Ability to create clear, concise, detail-oriented test strategies and test plans
- Experience in implementing different testing techniques and approaches as per business needs
- Experience in leading a team of Manual and Automation QA Engineers
- Experience in transitioning a team from manual testing to automated testing
- Experience of using test management tools such as Zephyr and Jira
- Ability to collaborate with Development team and business experts
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
You may have ...
- Experience in performance testing using Apache JMeter, BlazeMeter or similar tools
- Ability to both lead and participate in the User Acceptance Testing
- Exposure to testing APIs manually or through automated tests
- A good understanding of the technical architecture of complex web applications
- Mobile testing experience through Manual or Automation
- Experience using BrowserStack or similar tools
- Exposure to Test containerisation using technologies such as Docker
- Experience in maintaining test pipelines using continuous integration tools like Jenkins / TeamCity/ADO
- An understanding of microservices architecture
- Query SQL and other databases for testing
- Have an understanding of chaos engineering
The best of both worlds
We might be world leaders, but in many ways the department feels like a start-up, with a twist. There’s the buzz of scrum working, the thrill of shaping compelling experiences, the chance to surprise and stretch yourself in response to a fresh challenge. And then there’s all the resources, technology and high-profile projects of a major corporate entity. Crucially, we also offer the benefit of clear career progression.