I'm looking for
Search results for "technology engineering"
Cyber Incident Response - Assistant Manager
Service Line: RC Technology
Associate Director - Asset Management - Infrastructure
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Planner/Project Controls Engineer IAG (Assistant Manager)
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Assistant Manager - MPA - Quantity Surveyor
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
The role will be working in the Cyber Response Services (CRS) Team within our Risk Consulting practice. Cyber security is one of the areas which KPMG has identified for tremendous investment and growth. Our clients face a challenging cyber threat and look to us to help them understand and respond to that threat.
This is a hands-on role with opportunities to grow into management. The successful candidate is expected to manage cyber-security incidents as well as perform digital forensics (disk, volatile memory, network packets, logfiles) and help advance KPMG’s proprietary in-house toolkit.
In this role we are looking for a person who can demonstrate strong technical background, experience in incident response and digital forensics and is looking to grow skills and experience. You will be expected to lead one or two analysts to achieve a task in a project, as well as have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, our most experienced team members as part of your continuous development.
When not responding to incidents, you will help our clients to build their in-house incident response capabilities, which will include: building and developing cyber-response tools, authoring and adapting runbooks/playbooks, assessing the incident response maturity, assisting in table-top cyber-scenario exercises.
We will welcome applications from candidate with a good competency in incident management, but with a developing competency and keen interest in digital forensics, or vice versa. KPMG will provide training and coaching to help you continually improve you skills. Strong technical competency - intermediate systems administration skills and programming skills to develop tools, however, is a pre-requisite.
Our clients expect that cyber-incidents will be tackled with urgency, therefore, there is an expectation that you will be flexible in terms of working hours. In return, KPMG will offer flexible working hours and work from home days for employees who have demonstrate reliability in delivery. For example, if you are writing a post-mortem report or working on a run-book, you can do so from home.
Above all, KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients with their cyber security challenges, often at a time of critical need. In return, we are committed to helping you to enjoy the role and develop your skills and career within the KPMG.
• Help manage and co-ordinate cyber security incidents for our clients, working closely with the incident management lead within the team.
• Digital forensics of relevant incident data (disk, volatile memory, network packets, log files).
• Maintaining a current view of the cyber threat, and being able to advise clients on the threat landscape and attacks which may be relevant to them.
• Develop KPMG’s in house cyber-response tools
• Help assess client incident response capability maturity.
• Help stand-up or improve clients’ own incident response capabilities.
• Help with project management of engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner, including:
• Basic financial management
• Engagement and risk management
• Production and review of deliverables.
• Liaising with clients on delivery, implementation and sales issues.
This position is well suited for an individual with 3 to 5 years of experience in cyber-security and incident response. For example: a very common type of incident is ransomware on a single workstation/laptop. You should be able to guide a client through a structured incident response process – triage, containment, eradication and recovery. If you are provided with forensic data such as: disk image, memory image and network data capture or proxy logs, you should be able to identify malware artefacts, source of infection and use online research to identify malware family.
• A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape.
• Strong technical background in computers and networks, and programming skills.
• Experience of dealing with cyber security incidents and associated response measures.
• Experience of being part of an incident response team, either holding a formal role, or being able to evidence your personal contribution to the team.
• Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques.
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the information security field.
• Standing and positive reputation in the information security community is seen as a plus.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in computing and networks as well as in cyber-security either by having the relevant work experience, completed a degree or obtained industry relevant certification. Therefore the qualifications below should be seen as means to demonstrate competency and not as a requirement. The desired skill and qualification is provided below:
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills.
• Strong IT and network skills – knowledge of common enterprise technologies – Windows and Windows Active Directory, Linux, Cisco, etc.
• Working programming skill-set to be able to author and develop tools. Most in-house security tools in KPMG are written in Python, but we accept that a competent programmer will be able to transfer skillsets across languages.
• Technical proficiency in at least one of these areas: network security/traffic/log analysis; Linux and/or Mac/Unix operating system forensics; Linux/Unix disk forensics (ext2/3/4, HFS+, and/or APFS file systems), advanced memory forensics, static and dynamic malware analysis / reverse engineering, advanced mobile device forensics
• Advanced experience in industry computer forensic tools such as X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, Internet Evidence Finder (IEF) / AXIOM, TZWorks, and/or Cellebrite
• Advanced experience in preservation of digital evidence (including experience preserving cloud data and handling encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault, and/or LUKS)
• Experience with and understanding of enterprise Windows security controls
• (Preferred) Degree level qualified, MSc in Information Security, IT or relevant STEM subjects.
• (Preferred) General information security certificates such CISSP, CISM or CISA.
• (Preferred) Incident management certifications such as:
• CREST certified incident manager (CCIM)
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
• (Preferred) Digital forensics certificates such as:
• CREST certified registered intrusion analyst (CRIA)
• CREST certified network intrusion analyst (CCNIA)
• CREST certified host intrusion analyst (CCHIA)
• CREST certified malware reverse engineer (CCMRE)
• GIAC Certified (Network) Forensic Analyst (GCFA, GNFA)
• (Preferred) A current government security clearance (SC/DV) or willingness to acquire such a clearance will be seen as an advantage.
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Diagnostic Services
- Maturity Assessments, Systems Audit, Benchmarking, Penetration Assessment
- Governance, Policy & Strategy, Valuation
- Asset operating Models, Asset Information, Lifecycle Delivery, Asset Risk siness’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
As an Associate Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for
- Developing the Asset Management Advisory business capabilities and experience.
- Leading on client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and manage the use and development of the AM tools and methodologies.
- Engaging with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Managing the teams and delivery of work to clients, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high.
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Building relationships and identifying opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients helping to convert opportunities for new assignments
- Helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments
assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
We are looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. It is likely that they will have been involved with the development of PAS 55 or ISO55,000 standards or developed AM approaches for Infrastructure business’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
- Asset management policy and strategy
- Assessing and managing asset management risks
- Asset management information and knowledge
- Dual Qualified & accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience.
- Life-cycle decision-making
- Developing asset management plans
- Managing asset lifecycle activities
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence or Power sectors
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Demand forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150
professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading
independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The
group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year
(Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London,
Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national
basis, operating under a single national team.
You will be joining a team of experts with deep industry
experience in major projects and programmes delivery. As an Associate/Assistant Manager you will support
our Major Projects Advisory Integrated Controls' practice in the delivery of
high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients including
government agencies, contractors, industry associations, developers, investors
and asset managers, by bringing planning, scheduling and project controls expertise
to the team.
Description of the role:
- Carry out planning reviews and advising clients on appropriateplanning techniques and good practice.
- Working with clients to develop overarching project orprogramme plans and integrated strategic schedules.
- Support in carrying out the maturity assessments ofclients' planning capability and providing recommendations on improvement areas.
- Carry out schedule forensic analysis to determine delay causations.
- Perform schedule modelling and scenario based analysis.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative schedule riskassessments using industry-led tools.
- Perform quality assurance and audit of schedules.
- Play a supporting role in business developmentinitiatives, including presentations, client meetings, and contributing to practice development initiatives.
Leadership & Management:
The role involves managing people to drive an output and
may involve managing direct reports internally and/or within the client
Stakeholders Interactions & Challenges
The role will be
expected to work across KPMG functions as well as with clients, and will be
required to build and maintain strong relationships by working collaboratively
and effectively managing these relationships.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The candidate will represent KPMG in front of clients,
our values need to be aligned and our ways of working to be inclusive well
represented. Failure of the candidate to
uphold our values could damage client relationship and/or impact on repeat opportunities.
- Subject matter expert in project planning and scheduling.
- Experience across major infrastructure project development and delivery in the public and private sectors.
- Solid project controls/project engineering and/or risk management experience.
- A Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree with preference in Engineering
- Understanding of operating models, policies, procedures and governance to support successful programme and project delivery.
- Experience in Transport, Defence or Energy sector
Technical role requirements:
- Advance Microsoft Office
- Primavera P6, MS Project
- Primavera Risk Analysis
- Acumen Fuse Analysis
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to bring complex concepts to life fornon-specialist audience
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniquesand knowledge
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
The Major Projects Advisory practice is a global practice within KPMG, working in USA, Australia, South Africa, India and the Middle East. The UK practice is well established with a team of circa 40 people who work mainly in the UK but also on overseas assignments. Our focus is on major capital projects for public and private sector clients in the following sectors:
· Natural resources
· Power and utilities
· Oil, gas and process engineering
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities
The MPA team in the UK are based in London, Birmingham and Manchester. This role will be based in London but may require frequent travel to client locations throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
The role is for an Assistant Manager level Quantity Surveyor with a good level of experience and understanding of commercial management and the project controls services for major construction projects.
The role requires a reasonable level of post-qualification experience with the following attributes:
· Have a good understanding of the issues that impact project performance
· Ability to quickly assess new situations and data to provide a basis for developing an understanding of the causative issues
· Set out a clear approach to tackling a new project issue in the most efficient manner
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Capable of articulating effective solutions to project issues base on own knowledge and experience
· Clear, concise, fact-based report writing
· Understanding of standard industry contractual forms
· Achieved or working towards RICS or similar professional qualification
· Competent in producing and assessing project commercial reports
In addition to the above, experience in some of the following areas would also be of benefit to the candidate in the environment that we work in:
· Project management
· Project Controls
· Earned value management
· Risk management
· Programme management
· Claims, disputes, dispute avoidance
· Governance and control of projects
In addition to the technical requirements of the role we also expect the right candidate to:
· Be capable of working alone or in a team
· Provide appropriate advice to clients and manage client relationships
· Maintain your requirements for continuing professional development
· Assist with business development
· Coach and mentor staff where appropriate
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK