I'm looking for
Search results for "technology engineering"
Associate Director - Head of Technology Enabled Procurement
Service Line: Financial Management
Cyber Security - Incident Response Senior Consultant
Service Line: RC Technology
Cloud Capability Lead
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Data Analytics Director
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Appian Developer - Assistant Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Coupa Procurement Senior Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most Procurement transformation programmes demand technology support, and every successful Procurement technology programme involves some ground-breaking activity.
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consulting practice, we’re working with Financial Services clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding procurement technologists to join us, grow with us, and develop our Procurement Technology delivery capability, driving our strategy through large-scale Procurement Cloud Technology transformation. Part of a developing team in Financial Services that will become our ‘go to’ for Procurement Technology, you will play a key role in the growing of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes. At its core, this is a real opportunity to build our technology delivery team and influence within a fast-growing business area. To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus. You’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping Financial Services clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to encourage confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Procurement Technology solutions including but not limited to Coupa, Ivalua, Basware and/or SAP Ariba.
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a proven track record of selling, procurement technology projects. In particular we are looking for individuals who have led procurement technology strategy programmes, software selection projects and Source-to-Pay implementations.
We are seeking a talented individual with experience of Procurement Cloud implementation. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, practice leadership and client delivery. The role reports into the Director of Powered Procurement.
• Understand demand, identify and unlock client opportunities for Powered Procurement in Financial Services by providing the technology expertise to build compelling market propositions
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market
• The ability to build strong relationships at senior levels (c-suite), and a strong existing network
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others
• Sales and Business Development
• Leadership and relationship building
• A Technology professional with a proven track record of successful delivery of technology solutions in a consulting environment
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of partners in the organisation
• Excellent People Leadership
• Strong network in Financial Services Procurement
• Drive and resilience
• Presentation skills
• A track record of client delivery, innovation and procurement transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis
UK based. Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time (UK, Europe and internationally), so will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
The role will be working in the Cyber Response Services (CRS) Team within our Risk Consulting practice. Cyber security is one of the areas which KPMG has identified for tremendous investment and growth. Our clients face a challenging cyber threat and look to us to help them understand and respond to that threat.
This is a hands-on role with opportunities to grow into management. The successful candidate is expected to manage cyber-security incidents as well as perform digital forensics (disk, volatile memory, network packets, logfiles) and help advance KPMG’s proprietary in-house toolkit.
In this role we are looking for a person who can demonstrate strong technical background, experience in incident response and digital forensics and is looking to grow skills and experience. You will be expected to lead one or two analysts to achieve a task in a project, as well as have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, our most experienced team members as part of your continuous development.
When not responding to incidents, you will help our clients to build their in-house incident response capabilities, which will include: building and developing cyber-response tools, authoring and adapting runbooks/playbooks, assessing the incident response maturity, assisting in table-top cyber-scenario exercises.
We will welcome applications from candidate with a good competency in incident management, but with a developing competency and keen interest in digital forensics, or vice versa. KPMG will provide training and coaching to help you continually improve you skills. Strong technical competency - intermediate systems administration skills and programming skills to develop tools, however, is a pre-requisite.
Our clients expect that cyber-incidents will be tackled with urgency, therefore, there is an expectation that you will be flexible in terms of working hours. In return, KPMG will offer flexible working hours and work from home days for employees who have demonstrate reliability in delivery. For example, if you are writing a post-mortem report or working on a run-book, you can do so from home.
Above all, KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients with their cyber security challenges, often at a time of critical need. In return, we are committed to helping you to enjoy the role and develop your skills and career within the KPMG.
• Help manage and co-ordinate cyber security incidents for our clients, working closely with the incident management lead within the team.
• Digital forensics of relevant incident data (disk, volatile memory, network packets, log files).
• Maintaining a current view of the cyber threat, and being able to advise clients on the threat landscape and attacks which may be relevant to them.
• Develop KPMG’s in house cyber-response tools
• Help assess client incident response capability maturity.
• Help stand-up or improve clients’ own incident response capabilities.
• Help with project management of engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner, including:
• Basic financial management
• Engagement and risk management
• Production and review of deliverables.
• Liaising with clients on delivery, implementation and sales issues.
This position is well suited for an individual with significant experience in cyber-security and incident response. For example: a very common type of incident is ransomware on a single workstation/laptop. You should be able to guide a client through a structured incident response process – triage, containment, eradication and recovery. If you are provided with forensic data such as: disk image, memory image and network data capture or proxy logs, you should be able to identify malware artefacts, source of infection and use online research to identify malware family.
• A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape.
• Strong technical background in computers and networks, and programming skills.
• Experience of dealing with cyber security incidents and associated response measures.
• Experience of being part of an incident response team, either holding a formal role, or being able to evidence your personal contribution to the team.
• Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques.
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the information security field.
• Standing and positive reputation in the information security community is seen as a plus.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in computing and networks as well as in cyber-security either by having the relevant work experience, completed a degree or obtained industry relevant certification. Therefore the qualifications below should be seen as means to demonstrate competency and not as a requirement. The desired skill and qualification is provided below:
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills.
• Strong IT and network skills – knowledge of common enterprise technologies – Windows and Windows Active Directory, Linux, Cisco, etc.
• Working programming skill-set to be able to author and develop tools. Most in-house security tools in KPMG are written in Python, but we accept that a competent programmer will be able to transfer skillsets across languages.
• Technical proficiency in at least one of these areas: network security/traffic/log analysis; Linux and/or Mac/Unix operating system forensics; Linux/Unix disk forensics (ext2/3/4, HFS+, and/or APFS file systems), advanced memory forensics, static and dynamic malware analysis / reverse engineering, advanced mobile device forensics
• Advanced experience in industry computer forensic tools such as X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, Internet Evidence Finder (IEF) / AXIOM, TZWorks, and/or Cellebrite
• Advanced experience in preservation of digital evidence (including experience preserving cloud data and handling encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault, and/or LUKS)
• Experience with and understanding of enterprise Windows security controls
• (Preferred) Degree level qualified, MSc in Information Security, IT or relevant STEM subjects.
• (Preferred) General information security certificates such CISSP, CISM or CISA.
• (Preferred) Incident management certifications such as:
• CREST certified incident manager (CCIM)
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
• (Preferred) Digital forensics certificates such as:
• CREST certified registered intrusion analyst (CRIA)
• CREST certified network intrusion analyst (CCNIA)
• CREST certified host intrusion analyst (CCHIA)
• CREST certified malware reverse engineer (CCMRE)
• GIAC Certified (Network) Forensic Analyst (GCFA, GNFA)
• (Preferred) A current government security clearance (SC/DV) or willingness to acquire such a clearance will be seen as an advantage.
Cloud Capability Lead
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote workers across the UK within a sensible vicinity of our offices with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
Within KPMG's Technology service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.
We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our client’s infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.
• Oversee the Building and Running of multiple cloud service teams who help business sectors design, build and maintain infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• Contribute towards the overall strategic direction for the wider Cloud and Engineering communities as well as your direct cloud service teams
• Lead, sponsor and mentor your various teams of engineers. Provide both technical and managerial support, guidance and advice where needed at any level
• Leverage extensive experience to assist your teams, and the wider cloud community at any grade level
• Responsible for ensuring all your service teams are financially buoyant and resourced correctly
• Build strong relationships with the coverage CTO for your area ensure you feed into their Technology strategy and be the trusted advisor from a Cloud and DevOps perspective
• Build on existing and forge new relationships with the wider firm at Director, Partner and Senior Partner level to put the T in GTD
• Ensure all teams are approaching and meeting both client and firm regulatory and security controls and are able to feed these ways of working back to the community
• Support your wider Infrastructure community by assisting other teams, sharing knowledge, debugging problems, contributing code to central projects, and any other things you can think of
• Enjoy yourself. Lead and nurture the culture of your teams and spread the word and capabilities the wider Technology team has across the UK and Global member firms
• Extensive experience managing a large or multiple teams of engineers and being responsible for delivering large and complex projects
• Ability to have deep technical level discussions with engineers, to explaining the business benefits of a range of technologies to non-technical partners and clients who have business issues to overcome
• Have a keen eye for opportunity. Put the T in GTD and grow, extensively, the brand footprint of Engineering not only internally at KPMG but externally to the market
• Excellent stakeholder management and relationship skills at C suite level both internally and client facing
• Ability to operate in a highly context switching environment for not only different clients but different business sectors and different technologies
• Proven extensive experience with Linux/Unix/Microsoft configuration
• Extensive hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Able to identify and nurture existing and new talent
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Take responsibility for your code
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Ability to empower your teams to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal input
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours and locations
• Access to regular training opportunities, attending conferences and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday
Service Line Information
The Technology team services the broader Firm through delivery of core technology and managed services capabilities, collaboration and innovation development services and building our Alliances network.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Opening Date: 17/07/2020
Closing Date: 14/08/2020
Salary Range: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG are looking for multiple Data Analytics Directors to play a key role in delivering and taking to market our Data Analytics offering across multiple sectors. The successful candidates will need to leverage their external and internal networks to build the reputation of KPMG’s offering across Automation, Data Science, AI, and Data Engineering learning across multidisciplinary clients and engagements.
Reporting directly to the Partner of the team, the role involves overseeing and leading a team who identify, develop, sell and deliver data integrated centric solutions. The role will be to support and drive the sales of significant Data Analytics & Digital Transformation consulting engagements in multiple sectors.
- Build relationships and actively seek out the global networks best experts to address client needs.
- Communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage relationships across different teams, functions, countries and cultures to drive revenue growth.
- Provide credible solution -orientated responses to RFP’s, ensuring the appropriate expertise from across KPMG is represented in the most cohesive way to address client problems.
- Manage the growth of a high performing and dynamic team.
- Build strong client relationships and develop leading edge inspiring go to market propositions that provide growth opportunities for our people & clients.
- Own and develop new assets in the analytics space and develop thought leadership that resonates with the life science sector and positions KPMG as a leader in the space.
- Develop solutions features, following development best practices and architecture guidelines.
- Develop competence in a broad range of technologies and framework for managing all aspects of the data lifecycle.
- Undertake technical training to acquire and demonstrate expertise in data analysis and the design and build of solutions.
Required skills, Qualification & Experience:
- Masters degree in a data or technology related subject
- Experienced in utilising technology to provide insightful analysis to life sciences clients in areas such as R+D and clinical trials.
- Experience leading large teams of 40+ in size developing and delivering analytics solutions.
- Proven experience driving revenue growth in a Consulting environment.
- Experience leading responses to RFP for analytics services and solutions.
- Credible and experienced at scoping, delivering and selling solutions in the fields of AI, Machine Learning and RPA
- Experience developing trusted client relationships and converting those into commercial opportunities
- Talent for collaborating with internal stakeholders on go to market and solution development
- Experience with FS, IGH, Life Sciences, and Retail clients
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- Proven experience of assessing client issues, developing rapid requirements to support the assessment and resolution of data management issues, examples include re-performance of complex systems.
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As an Appian Designer/Developer, you will be responsible for developing custom solutions using the Appian BPM solution, including forms, scripting and workflow design. You'll work with the assigned project manager and Architect to assist customers in their efforts to improve business processes, by applying market leading automation to realise tangible benefits over legacy process methods. You will work in a rapidly developing workflow team, with ambitious growth intentions, to help establish a world leading delivery capability. You will be challenged to maintain your knowledge around the product, whilst developing technical breadth and depth of knowledge across numerous other interface layers.
Working in a scrum team, on sprint delivery of technical solutions.
Propose technical and creative business solutions.
Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers.
Have an up to date view of the Appian roadmap of features, and be able to articulate them.
Represent Appian’s product to customers, or at public events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
Develop showcase materials and key IP for the Automation Workforce.
Skills, Experience and Qualification:
Interest in Engineering, Math, Business Management, Computer Science.
Experience in a delivery role, working to timeline and budget requirements.
Able to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems.
Technical depth to understand the landscape of the complete solution.
Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams.
Familiarity with Business Process Management Languages and Platforms/Frameworks: Appian, Pegasystems, IBM, Oracle, TIBCO, etc.
Experience with Container technology, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
Ability to identity the benefits between different hosting platforms, from on premise server installs through Azure Stack, to Cloud hosted agnostic.
Familiarity with BluePrism RPA, and a clear understanding of the use case against BPA.
Experience in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases).
Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design.
Strives for continuous process improvement.
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise. KPMG are growing their S&D - Powered Apps team to meet an ever increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
Our Supply Chain Operations team of approximately 90 consultants are seeking experienced consultants and industry professionals to grow and develop our capability. Our brand and reputation mean that we work on high profile projects, using our experience to create innovative solutions to our clients’ commercial problems.
Within the Private Sector we work with many blue chip companies, including a number of FTSE 100 Clients and many regional based Clients, delivering improvements in their Supply Chain capability and how it aligns to the wider business, which is integral to their overall profitability.
Within the Public Sector we work with clients across Government, Defence, Police, NHS and Higher Education. We help them to meet challenging Government targets to deliver frontline services more effectively.
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record of delivering procurement technology projects in the context of a broader procurement transformation. These individuals should have experience with one or more of the major providers; Coupa, Ivalua, Ariba, Basware or Oracle Fusion.
• Project management, with a proven ability to work as Engagement Manager on sold projects
• Solution development, showing a clear ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to enhance existing solutions, and develop new ones, with specific emphasis on Operations Transformation and Best Practice.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships within the sector, leveraging proven industry content and delivery capability.
• Mentor and coach other members of the team.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Project management and delivery.
• People management
• Leadership and relationship building.
• Sales experience.
• Communication (written and oral).
• Drive and resilience.
• Facilitation and conflict resolution.
• Commercial acumen.
• Competent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis.
• Experience of working on multiple, large, complex, transformational technology projects.
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions.
• Significant procurement experience with a strong understanding of procurement and supply chain processes.
• The ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market.