I'm looking for
Search results for "Connected Engineering"
Manager – Energy and Natural Resources
Service Line: Strategy
Transformation Manager - Change Specialist
Service Line: ExCo and Leadership
KPMG has a market leading strategy advisory business in Energy and Natural Resources, serving the oil & gas; power and utilities and infrastructure sector serving UK, European and international clients. We work with C-level executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues related to deal strategy, growth strategy and operational strategy. It is an excellent time to join us as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and the strength of our client relationships, with the Energy & Natural Resources business. As a team, we are a group of bright committed individuals who are passionate about delivering fantastic client work, developing the team around us and having fun both inside and outside of work.
You will work in project teams on assignments addressing fundamental strategic and operational issues, with a particular focus on identifying and delivering performance improvements in areas such as operations, maintenance, capital projects, logistics, and supply chain. Under the leadership of highly experienced Partners, Directors, and project leaders, Managers lead workstreams for our clients, applying analysis, insight and client interaction to agree recommendations and support execution. Managers will often lead small teams, shaping outputs while coaching and mentoring staff to motivate and develop team members. Direct contact with client colleagues and presentations to senior management are key parts of the role.
In addition to client work, Managers will play an active role in developing new business for the group, supporting work on proposals, thought leadership, and interactions with potential clients in the industries we serve. Managers act as core members of our Strategy Group, shaping new approaches and working closely with colleagues.
Managers will develop a strong combination of industry skills and strategy insights, learning through a combination of project work and training in advanced approaches, as they progress towards promotion to roles with overall responsibility for project delivery.
You will have practical operational experience in the industries we serve, in areas such as oil and gas, chemicals, energy, maintenance and engineering – with specific experience in oil and gas offshore operations, refineries and petrochemicals businesses extremely desirable.
You must be able to define and lead the thinking / problem solving on how to put together a piece of analysis, scoping, planning and managing the execution of client deliverables; able to lead and challenge senior stakeholders, and able to work beyond own area of expertise; and has led teams or individuals, and ideally has overseen significant parts of complex projects or programmes.
This experience may have been gained through direct industry roles, or where you have had an operational role that involves managing cross-discipline teams/areas, with direct exposure to commercial issues and the delivery of business improvement programmes.
Alternatively, you may have worked in a leading strategy, operational consulting firm, or Big4 player, or dedicated internal consulting group, leading small teams addressing M&A, Company or Business-Unit wide cost saving initiatives, strategic reorganisation, revenue growth and pricing, working capital improvement, etc.
An MBA or the equivalent is a definite plus, but is not a minimum requirement.
- Strong interpersonal/social skills and team-players
- Good analytical problem-solvers, able to think in a structured way, be able to break a solution framework up between 2-4 - people, and communicate this effectively
- Capable of holding ultimate responsibility for final delivery and output of a cluster of related workstreams (overseeing associates delivering the content of those workstreams)
- Drive and impact, mentoring skills, good storytelling, financial acumen, attention to detail
Sufficiently comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders and conducting client interviews to gather data and analysis
- Personable and good at striking a rapport with a variety of individuals
- Strong networks
- 'Self starters' and able to work independently with little guidance to lead teams to achieve results
- Able to cope with the pace and urgency of our work – 1-3 month timeframes with tight deadlines, as opposed to 1+ year programmes
- Comfortable being away from home for long periods of time (even if this is away during the week and back at weekends)
- Written and spoken English skills need to be excellent
Role: Transformation Manager – Change Specialist
Performance Group: Transformation Centre of Expertise, Transformation Delivery Team
Type: Permanent: Multiple vacancies
Detail: Full Time
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Application opening date: 18/1/20
Application closing date: 17/2/20
The Firm is undertaking significant Transformation as part of our Trust & Growth strategy and to support this a number of opportunities exist within the Transformation Centre of Expertise (TCoE).
The Transformation Manager – Change Specialist will be part of the Transformation Delivery Team. The role will work with multiple stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of the Firms most important internal transformation projects and programmes.
As the Change Specialist Transformation Manager, you will lead the delivery of projects or workstreams, particularly those involving large scale technology, process and people change
Manage project teams and work with Transformation KGS Hub effectively, ensuring delegation is effective and carried out from most appropriate location
- Identify, segment and analyse key stakeholders and groups to build an effective stakeholder engagement strategy and plan including approach for potential stakeholder resistance
- Conduct impact analysis and assess change readiness particularly end user readiness
- Identify and analyse risks, and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Work with stakeholders to apply change management and project management methods
- Provide expert advice to stakeholders to ensure robust and clear change strategies
- Capture outputs from design workshops and produce outputs that are cohesive and as simple as possible to help move forward design decisions
- Produce reports and materials for governance meetings, project sponsors and finance reports as required, catered appropriately for the audience
- Coach and train business stakeholders on the activities they need to complete
- Work with the Planning & Governance Team to ensure standards and policies are effectively adhered to and remediate any risks or issues identified
- Work with Project Sponsors to ensure programmes are delivered to targets
- Work effectively with the offshore teams to ensure effective PMO controls and processes are in place
- Leverage offshore teams to maintain project plans
- Gather and analyse large sets of data to produce recommendations, work with relevant functions to bring data together.
- Work with leadership and key stakeholders to remove blockers to enable change to be delivered at speed and effectively
- Integrate and work effectively with cross functional programme teams
- Produce programme deliverables in collaboration with the programme team and appropriate stakeholders as required
- Contribute to training design and delivery to ensure users/ those impacted are able to adopt the change through production of relevant materials
- Work with stakeholders to design effective behavioural change plans
- Work with stakeholders to design effective organisational design outcomes and execution plans
- Contribute to benefits realisation plans through defining and measuring change metrics and monitoring progress including readiness for go-live, lessons learnt post go-live
- Create transition to BAU plans to ensure benefits realisation is achieved beyond programme live and that communications and training materials are maintained to support users in the long-term
- Manage and coach direct reports
- Coach offshore resources
Essential skill requirements
- Must have a recognised industry accreditation in behavioural change (at least one of the following): Prosci, CMP or CMS
- Must have demonstrable extensive industry in a change management role, in particular experience of delivering behavioural change.
- Must have demonstrable experience of applying change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Must currently be working in a Change Management role within a UK Big 4 accounting firm environment.
- Must have experience in and ability to produce reports and packs suitable for senior executive audience
- Must have experience of working with offshore teams to deliver projects
- Must have demonstrable experience of business process design / re-engineering
- Must have at least one of the following recognised qualifications for project/programme management: PMO, PRINCE2, APM, PMQ.
- Must have strong leadership skills gained through experience of leading teams with disparate reporting lines that are geographically diverse and virtual.
- Must have fluent English communication skills both written and verbal. Demonstrates prior experience and ability to able to create and present MS powerpoint presentations to senior executive audience.
- Must have strong analytical skills and can demonstrate high level of competency with MS excel and able to effectively make factual conclusions from large data sets.