I'm looking for
Search results for "Customer Experience & Digital"
Manager – Corporates Consulting – Customer Transformation/Digital
Service Line: Customer
Director - Head of Customer Analytics & Technology
Service Line: Customer
Head of Product - Connected Customer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Insight Business Partner
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Lead Data Scientist - Senior Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
As part of our ambition to become the digital transformation go-to partner and provider of customer and employee experience using emerging technologies, KPMG have established a Customer and Digital function within Consulting. This is a home for our talent and will be a differentiator in the marketplace.
Our clients face challenges covering multiple ‘customer’ perspectives – redesigning their organisation structure and capabilities to put digital at its heart; redesigning key customer facing processes, often by introducing innovative digital technologies; rethinking how best to instil a truly customer-centric culture from the top of the organisation down to the front line; and how to ensure that the customer experience is a positive one irrespective of the channels used.
This is a client facing role which focuses on leading on and overseeing large customer-centric programme teams to drive transformational and disruptive change. Managers are responsible for driving the connected customer agenda, bringing the best capabilities for improving customer experience.
The Manager has a track record of working across sectors, with significant experience of Corporates’ target sectors.
Managers work cross-functions and will be responsible for partnering with our insight division, Nunwood, to implement primary research into projects where appropriate.
The Manager draws on these skills at the intersection of understanding the current client’s business problems and knowing the industry, to design, implement and scale relevant solutions for our clients.
Managers will need to be capable of assessing client’s business strategy, customer capability and operations for sizeable customer and digital transformation opportunities in the form of emerging tech solutions, data analytics and/or strategic support.
This role is focused on building and leading teams of consultants to win and deliver digital projects. Our projects are rarely standalone and the successful candidate will need to work with capabilities and solutions drawn from across broader KPMG.
Managers have a strong business development element to their role which involves building relationships internally as well as with our key target clients to identify and shape future opportunities. The role will involve drawing insights and data from our existing projects for clients; working with the leadership team and a range of people from across the firm to develop tailored propositions; and engaging our clients with these value propositions.
A successful Manager will leverage the technical, business and design skills of an experienced multidisciplinary team with expertise in customer experience, data science, business management, engineering and development
The Manager’s key responsibilities include:
Working with the client to develop their transformation roadmap and change portfolio
Have a working knowledge of Design initiatives and how to integrate these into a transformation project
Be responsible for building and executing the project plan and managing any risks and issues appropriately
Designing future operating models
Help support the development of the Business case and benefits tracking
Work with Engineering team to prototype, test and integrate technology
Lead the origination of client’s solutions to their digital-related challenges in sales and/or service functions
Play a key role in bidding, winning and delivering customer and digital transformation engagements of significant size and scope
Help clients focus on generating value through their customer and digital initiatives, with a clear performance focus, and make sure initiatives are designed to drive real value rapidly
Support the Customer and Digital Leadership together with Consulting Industry Leaders (or their delegates) to build and action Go-To-Market plans within their industry, focused on target clients
Develop relationships to identify and shape future solutions and engagements - working internally (with Digital Architects, Consulting Industry Leaders, Client Lead Partners, Solutions & Digital, Business Development Managers, other parts of KPMG) and externally (partners, alliances)
Ensure that customer and digital transformation projects or their work-streams within a large engagement are effectively scoped, managed and delivered on time, to budget and within agreed (KPMG) risk frameworks
Provide leadership within the Customer and Digital Team, coaching and developing team members and running non-client initiatives, such as training or risk management
Experience and Background
Comes from a sales background or programme management background with experience of working in start-ups, product development / design agencies or management consulting
Have experience of a variety of customer centric Transformation or Strategic propositions including sales and marketing.
You will have been responsible for an end-to-end project or phase, with associate deliverables, and should be able to speak about this for a few minutes
Have a demonstrable knowledge of innovation including approaches, segmentation, and technology
Has experience of weaving a solution based on current technologies from ideation to delivery
Comes with experience of working in one of these industries i.e. oil & gas, utilities, retail, telco, FMCG and transport & infrastructure
Demonstrates effectiveness in tackling complex assignments, balancing competing priorities and managing multiple stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills
More specifically the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
Experience of digital transformation
Strong project management skills including experience in large cross-functional and/or cross-geographical programmes
Experience of delivering ‘connected consulting’ projects – working with teams outside of Customer and Digital to deliver a wider transformation programme
Articulate the value of emerging technologies in business to a non-technical audience in a clear and compelling fashion
Run compelling workshops, to extract and challenge information from client SME’s and successfully guides participants through unknown territory
Solid knowledge of the design thinking ethos of human centre design and ability to adopt it to solve client issues
Strong understanding of the application of agile methodology in both product development and organizational structure
Creative problem solving ability, inquisitive mind-set, comfortable with working in ambiguous situations
Strong people management skills
Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
Role & Responsibilities
As Head of Customer Analytics & Technology, you will lead and build a team of analytics professionals and product developers, whilst setting strategic vision, driving sales and pioneering innovative, high performance propositions. These will leverage research, data analytics, AI, machine learning and always-on platforms to provide clients with deeper insights, superior customer experiences, stronger sales performance and frictionless service operations.
This role will complement the firm’s existing customer insights services, delivered by KPMG Nunwood. A 2015 acquisition, KPMG Nunwood provides clients with customer insights, voice of the customer services, connected data ecosystems and cloud technology. As part of this, you will work closely with our customer experience and engineering teams to embed analytics in new, digital experiences. Critical to your success will be our ability to differentiate these propositions from those of other major consulting organisations and boutique competitors.
As well as leading our customer analytics professionals, you will oversee a team of developers and product managers, responsible for the ongoing development of KPMG’s scalable customer technology offers. One of the first public examples of this – KPMG Customer Experience Cloud™ - can be viewed online. Alongside leaders and alliance partners, you will play a key role in setting the direction and strategy for this and future customer technology.
This is a Director-level position and will report into the UK customer advisory leadership. Whilst there is some existing analytics capability, you will rapidly scale this, defining the vision, strategy and business plan for a hyper-growth team, with a start-up mentality. As such, you must be able to inspire and coach a team of analytic managers who deliver client services, whilst embedding new thinking in existing assets and client teams. Familiarity working with developers and technology professionals will be a distinct advantage.
You will go to market across all sectors, working shoulder-to-shoulder with a group of partners and directors. This role will therefore favour both those with first-line sale origination skills and those who are highly effective at leveraging matrixed consulting operations. By driving sales, the long-term opportunity will be to grow your team and business to deliver a significant 8-figure revenue stream, with associated growth and development opportunities.
- Strong undergraduate degree; preferably in a relevant subject area
- Substantial relevant experience in roles of increasing accountability and commercial impact
- Deep quantitative functional expertise in customer research, data analytics, multivariate predictive modelling and associated software / platforms
- A track record applying this to client / industry challenges to deliver proven results
- Experience defining / developing product or scalable technology offers
- Background in overseeing development or technology teams
- Demonstrable expertise of building teams, businesses or delivering growth
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, Masters)
- Functional expertise around AI, machine learning, cloud technology
- Demonstrated success in implementing fast-growth propositions or services
- Thought leader on customer D&A best practice
- Extensive business development and / or P&L management
Head of Product – Connected Customer
London (with some travel to Leeds & Manchester)
Solutions & Digital
Service Line Information
Solutions and Digital is at the heart of our technology capability in the UK. Our primary focus is to deliver for our clients but we are also key to transforming KPMG internally. Our integrated capability teams design, build and operate flexible technology enabled products for clients to help them solve the most complex business problems and transform their operations. We are a group of over 500 technology professionals based in London, Leeds and Manchester.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
The team are focused on enhancing the growth of the product in the market. The development and management of the product is cross-functional so this team requires close work with all areas of Solutions and Digital and the broader consulting organisation. The team are focused on innovating and improving the specific product as well as day to day product activities to ensure growth that constantly meets client demands. The team also collaborate and align on different product strategies, identifying opportunities to help achieve the product’s vision.
CONNECTED CUSTOMER - This role is accountable for delivery of the Connect Customer proposition within Solutions and Digital.
We deliver digital products/experiences that understand customer behaviours, engage users and drive improvements in business performance. We help clients unlock value by gathering true customer insight and applying throughout the experience journey. We build both standalone and integrated propositions which can sit on top off enterprise or legacy technologies.
We have a dedicated team of specialised technical resources which provide in-house technical capability across many technology languages, frameworks and platforms. We adopt all of the development standards and approaches that you would expect to see in a leading technology organisation, with structure and security at the core of everything we do. We bring the trust and assurance values associated with our KPMG brand into modern software development.
This role is a key role in the Solutions and Digital leadership team. You will be single account owner for the success of the Product within KMPG. The role may have dual reporting to S&D leadership and also to the product CEO in Consulting.
As the leader of this product/ proposition you will need to build a clear roadmap for enhancements that meet the needs of our clients.
You will need to do this through working in partnership with, and consulting across, multiple clients. You will be translating their individual requirements into a series of business outcomes that solve for the many and push the overall product/proposition forward. You will allow us to engage with new clients through the strength of our product, as well as delivering enhancement to current clients.
You will be a visionary driving a ‘passion for our products’ mind set, able to translate the product/ portfolio roadmap to colleagues across our broader business, and use it to motivate the teams within your team.
You will drive a passion within the team for building a leading class product/ proposition that represents the broader KPMG brand and the values that we uphold.
You will be experienced in driving all parts of the development cycle from ideation to execute and operate in product environment.
You will have a proven track record of delivery within large complex organisations.
You will be a leader in agile ways of working and a strong advocate for ‘total ownership’.
With this in mind you will need to define how you operate the run organisation within your area, defining clear SLA’s for your business services and the interdependencies across other parts of the KMPG support organisation.
You will be comfortable running cross locational teams internally and operating on client site under a broader engagement. You will guide these teams in achieving the product’s vision and strategy.
You will be responsible for leading the research and analysis on the product and its’ market, to help identify opportunities, identify strategic issues and influence the strategy.
In conjunction with the wider leadership team you will be accountable for driving a larger transformational agenda and pushing a matrix based way of working to deliver business based outcomes for our clients.
Excellent communication and effective down the line to ensure the proper execution of the roles in all positions. Additionally, expected to collaborate with other Heads of Product and expected to make regular presentations to a variety of the most senior stakeholders.
An ability to move his peers as well as his juniors and have them follow a common vision. Great leadership should further be coupled with excellent people skills, improving the cohesion and functionality of the product team.
A high level of analytical and quantitative skills. Possess the ability to use information/data and various metrics to develop an informed and factual business case. Strong financial analytical capabilities that are used to further develop informed product strategies, and product performance.
Integrity and Vision:
A visionary who is future-oriented. A person of high integrity, consistent in their work, and who has clear and visible set values; demonstrates calmness under pressure in order to effectively lead the product management team even in times of uncertainty.
KPMG Managed Services brings together the firm’s subject matter expertise, proprietary technology and tools and extensive operations capability to provide an innovative and cost effective solution for clients seeking to outsource either a one-off remediation or an ongoing BAU process.
We operate across multiple industries, geographies and processes and have particular experience in complaint handling, claims processing and client due diligence.
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for using data to enable the continued success of managed services operations. First and foremost you will be working with our operational teams, our MS leadership team and our clients to make sure they have the right reporting, as well as data and analysis available to them. This will involve both identifying and managing the requirements for those stakeholders and ensuring the delivery of reporting using your own skills and leveraging our offshore analyst resource.
You’ll add value by proactively identifying areas where data-driven insight can create efficiencies, mitigate risks as well as working with our Transformation team to deliver continuous improvements Working with our technology teams you will put in place the right tools and infrastructure to allow the insight team to be effective. You’ll work alongside our ops teams on-site in the UK and offshore to prevent problems before they occur.
• Proactive identification and delivery of reporting requirements
• Identification of continuous improvement opportunities leading to cost savings
• Helping maintain client relationships through data and analysis
• Mitigating risks by assuring the right control reporting is in place
• Maintaining an effective governance structure for workload prioritisation and stakeholder management
• Developing and maintaining a data-driven culture within managed services operations on-shore and off-shore
• Workload prioritisation of offshore teams
• Working collaboratively across sites with ops and other insight team members
Qualifications and Skills
Experience and Background
Working with senior ops to deliver reporting / analysis
Working with technology teams to deliver or maintain reporting infrastructure
Working with large datasets and relational databases
Working as part of an MI / BI / Insight team
Working in financial services industry especially KYC / AML
AWS / Cloud technologies
Working with sensitive data
Many of our clients are on a ‘digital transformation journey’ to increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. Our highly specialised Data Science and Engineering team in our KPMG ‘Lighthouse’ uses advanced analytical techniques and industrial scale technology platforms to help our clients accelerate their digital transformation journeys. Typical projects require extracting a variety of data at large scale, drawing deep insights using complex analytical algorithms, and visualising the results to articulate compelling and engaging stories that, in the end, deliver increased value from that data. Our UK team works closely together with data science and engineering teams around the world, supported by our global ‘Ignite platform’, in order to maximise our collective success
• At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
• Our Data Scientists support the whole firm on a wide variety of projects, across our Audit, Tax and Advisory business. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including business disruption, process optimisation, resource optimisation, fraud, regulatory compliance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more
• Strategy: Lead strategic data science developments across the organisation
• Client related work: A Lead Data Scientist would typically work collaboratively with our business teams and our clients to show the art of the possible and to assess possible value and feasibility of applying data science in order to help solve specific business problems. This could include demoing to prospective clients, developing data strategies, leading feasibility studies, explorative data analysis, delivering minimal viable products or fully fledged projects including putting our models into production either on our own or our client’s environments.
• Asset development: Build data science assets (aka ‘accelerators’), in line with our UK and/or global strategy, to ensure we have the platforms and core assets in place to meet market demand. This could also include supporting our continuous improvement process around our own design and development processes e.g. about how we ensure the high quality that our clients require in an efficient manner.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Lead a team of Data Scientists, focused on the development, training and monitoring of data science solutions that accelerate our clients’ digital journeys.
• Drive client engagements focused on large data sets and applying advanced analytical techniques, in diverse domains such as retail price optimisation, channel management, marketing strategies, customer intelligence, financial crime, risk management, healthcare digitisation, smart grids, etc.
• Monitor performance to ensure models perform as effectively as possible.
• Develop new, or tailor existing, analytical solutions designed for processing large data sets (e.g. using an Hadoop framework) and by applying advanced analytical techniques (e.g. machine learning, neural networks, NLP, A/B testing, etc.)
• Liaise with our advanced Data Engineers in terms of data engineering, model deployment and architecture activities to jointly build solutions that will interoperate seamlessly with other elements of the broader information architecture
• Well versed at applying advanced analytical techniques to large and varied data sets, generated and flowing at a rapid rate. Sample techniques include, but are not limited to:
o Applied machine learning
o Natural language processing
o Collaborative filtering and recommender systems
o Neural networks (including recurrent, convolutional)
o Event detection and tracking
o Graph Analytics
• Experience with:
o Generating and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyse historical data, identify patterns from samples for reporting of trends and support Predictive Analytics
o Leveraging data visualisation techniques and tools to effectively demonstrate patterns, outliers and exceptional conditions in the data
o Creating performance metrics and tracking processes to measure the effectiveness of Data Science solutions
o Conceptualising necessary data governance models to support the technical solution and assure the veracity of the data
o Operating within the exploratory and experimental aspects of Data Science, e.g. to tease out interesting and previously unknown insights from vast pools of data
o Working collaboratively with other members of the Data Science and Information Architecture teams to innovate and create compelling data-centric stories and experiences
o Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists and in Big Data platforms, like Python, R, Scala, Spark, Julia, Java.
• Track record in staying conversant in new analytic technologies, architectures and languages – where necessary – for storing, processing and manipulating this type of data
• Demonstrated Data Science leadership skills, e.g. around establishing or growing Data Science teams through recruiting talented individuals, training colleagues, writing proposals and designing and delivering high value propositions
• Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of stakeholders in the organization
• Working with Market Segment Leaders and their account teams, to identify strategic client issues, shape deals which demonstrate business value and work hands-on to lead engagements which leverage AI to solve business problems
• Assist in the full sales cycle, taking a leadership role in the creation of new highly differentiated solutions
• Planning and organisation skills so as to work with a high performance team, handle demanding clients and multitask effectively
Proven skill in working with all stakeholders (internal and external) on a project
• 10+ years of experience in data, data science, data engineering and/or other technology related capabilities
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical field
• A combination of one or more of the following:
o Proficient with programming languages used by data scientists like Python, R, Scala, Julia, Java, C++
o Skills in data engineering technologies like Hadoop, HDFS, Spark, Elasticsearch
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.