I'm looking for
Search results for "Data & Analytics"
Senior Manager - Credit Risk Assurance - Manchester/Birmingham/Leeds
Service Line: Audit
Dynamics 365 Business Central – Solution Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Transaction Services - Infrastructure and Real Estate - Manager
Service Line: Transaction Services
Analysts - Banking Operations
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Client Co-ordinator - Bristol
Service Line: Audit
Roles & Responsibilities:
Acting as a technical subject matter specialist on the external audit of credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Technical model development documentation review
2) Technical model validation documentation review
3) Assessment of model performance
4) Independent replication of any of the above
Acting as a technical subject matter specialist on the external audit of audit entities end to end credit risk process and conducting procedures that include but are not limited to:
1) Credit risk governance reviews
2) Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
3) Individual credit file reviews
4) Substantive testing of any of the above
Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate or build credit risk measurement models.
The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The individual will also be expected to work independently and be able to manage teams of up to 10 on audits or advisory engagements. Said individual would also be responsible for the quality and risk management on audit and advisory engagements.
The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
• Experience in managing teams of 6-10 people
• Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques
• Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IFRS9, CECL and regulatory credit risk models
Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications & Skills:
• Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
We are looking for a Dynamics 365BC Solution Architect with experience in functional analysis into large-scale enterprise and SME Dynamics 365BC architecture with a hands-on approach in designing and leading the implementation of the products, working with both onshore and offshore development teams. The focus of this role will be on all presales activities around the Dynamics 365BC platform as well as methodology diagnostics and high-level solution architecting on client implementations. You will also contribute to proposal development and provide input in business development while mentoring junior and offshore staff.
This role is therefore kingpin to the KPMG MBS customer delivery of Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within the established and
market-leading global firm that is KPMG MBS.
The Solution Architect will lead the delivery of our Microsoft Dynamics 365BC solutions
Be a champion for both technical and functional solutions across the Microsoft platform, driving the option of new features and technology
Have an exceptional understanding of Dynamics 365 BC technical and functional capabilities along with knowledge of the current ISV’s.
Lead the design and development of sector specific templates to enhance the out of the box Dynamics 365BC functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset where possible
Be responsible for ensuring our pre-sales engagements are delivered with the same rigour and
attention to detail as our client engagements
Define training needs within the team and coach other team members
Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan.
Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour.
Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary.
Ensure progress updates are communicated to relevant parties both formally and informally.
Identify practice development activities and help in defining how these will be delivered
Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by Directors.
In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training.
Represent KPMG MBS in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
Deep and broad knowledge of the capabilities of Dynamics 365BC, including appropriate certification where applicable. Must be able to show good knowledge of practices for Dynamics 365BC and our supporting ISV’s
A good understanding of Azure and cloud technologies and the supporting Power platform.
Broad knowledge of functional capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for Operations
Broad understanding of software development lifecycle, development management, release management, data migrations, cut-over planning and early live support to support the technical teams.
Demonstrable knowledge of capabilities of the supporting software in the Microsoft stack (certification is a positive), including:
Azure SQL / SQL Server
Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams
Experience of all delivery methodologies
Experience and Background
Expertise in providing both out of the box and developed solutions in a Microsoft Dynamics 365BC
environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant
Ability to lead engagements and present to the C-Suite stakeholders.
Experience with Dynamics 365 in a Lead Design Consulting role
Experience of large scale ERP implementations as well as SME sized deliveries
Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort and simplifying delivery
Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge
Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff
UK SERVICE LINE: Transaction Services
Are you looking for an exciting career in a growing team within KPMG? Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to advise some of the world’s largest corporates, and work on high profile transactions? Do you have experience of delivering Transaction Services projects? If so, then you should consider a career within the Transaction Services Team at KPMG.
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle.
Within this structure, the Transaction Services Team comprises c.90 professionals advising large corporate clients across various sectors, including Consumer and Retail, Energy and Natural Resources, Transport, Infrastructure and Real Estate, Telecoms Communication and Media ('TMT'), and working predominantly on financial due diligence projects across buy side, sell side, IPOs and refinancing projects.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory, including Corporate Finance and Strategy as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions in the Infrastructure/Real Estate sector we are expanding the size of our team and have a need to recruit a Manager in order support the growth of our Infrastructure/Real Estate TS business.
Specific experience of leading a financial due diligence project is required, but we will consider applications from individuals with similar skills (e.g. from undertaking IBRs in Restructuring).
Key roles and responsibility
Key responsibilities in this role include:
Project management: individuals will be responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, being the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts.
Team work: individuals will be key team members on large complex assignments and will lead work streams on smaller and medium size engagements.
Building relationships: individuals will be required to build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
Business development: individuals will be required to build, commercialise and sustain relationships with top management team members for the benefit of the Firm. Individuals will be required to develop TS propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients in the Infrastructure/Real Estate sector. The successful candidate will be expected to be comfortable in talking asset opportunities to clients and regularly input into horizon scanning activities.
Developing people: individuals will need to demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. They will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others.
Delivering quality service and time management: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). They will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
Advisory skills: Individuals will provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client.
Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks and ensure the Firm's frameworks are implemented.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Strong academic background with accounting qualifications such as ACA or CFA
Experience of financial due diligence is required, preferably within the Infrastructure/Real Estate sector, but we will consider candidates with similar skills
Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
Excellent written and oral communication
Strong personal impact
Ability to perform consistently at a high level under pressure
Evidence of managing
Analysts – Banking Operations
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Banking Operations is at the heart of delivering large scale transformation programmes across the Banking sector. The team’s primary function is to drive the delivery and fulfilment of our Banking client engagements.
The role and responsibilities
As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial diagnosis, strategy formulation and analysis, through to implementation. We are seeking a skilled individual with experience in delivering target operating model and process improvement type of work in the Banking sector, including client engagements ranging from process improvement to large scale transformational programmes as well as experiences in strategy. As part of this you will be:
- Assisting in management of work streams or entire projects through all of the key stages of a project, from initiation to implementation.
- Planning and performing Target Operating Model analysis and assessments using proven methodologies.
- Designing and developing Process Improvement and Target Operating Model strategy and implementation plans.
- Designing and developing solutions to enable clients to adhere to Customer Due Diligence requirements.
- Designing new processes across the banking product lifecycle, with a focus on operational effectiveness and customer experience.
Skills, qualifications and experience required’
- Experience working within a professional consulting, in roles that demonstrate the ability to deliver solutions in challenging, client-facing environments
- Experience of working with Operational Models within the Banking and other industries, with experience of supporting the development of strategies, target operating models and implementation roadmaps through large-scale workshops with banks
- Experience of working with LEAN Six Sigma and undertaking value-stream mapping/continuous improvement work across different processes for clients across sectors
- Experience in demand analysis and modelling, on-shelf availability optimisation, inwards goods analysis and logic building using SQL, with ability to adapt proposition for FS specific client challenges.
- Experience delivering broader advisory solutions and capabilities to various industries including; growth strategy, market entry strategy, transformation, supply chain optimisation, customer journey mapping and demand modelling
- Experience of working with Target Operating Models including process improvement and cost optimisation
- Experience facilitating client workshops to scope and design transformational solutions; including enterprise-wide and business unit specific strategies and target operating models
- Experience identifying and rolling out optimisation opportunities including operating model set-ups, process redesign, localised cost-reduction, and optimising networks
- Experience in developing both growth and cost strategies for clients
- Experience building elements of ‘Go to Market’ of new service offerings with Delivery Specialists and Managers.
- Experience contributing to FS Operations bids and other bids and engagements
- Experience leading and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, including the timely synthesis of complex data into meaningful insights and the ability to grasp readily analytical frameworks and employ them effectively to either qualitative or quantitative evidence
- Experiences in performing a series of analysis including financial analysis, process mapping and conducting client and customer interviews and workshops
- Experience of process improvement and business optimisation within the below area;
- Operating model design
- People / Process transformation
- Process improvement (Lean & Six Sigma)
- Cost reduction strategies
- Understanding of adjacent fields such as RPA, experience in supporting a RPA engagement
- Experience using SQL and visualisation tools (Tableau, Qliksense, PowerBI)
- Experience working with market entry methodologies and propositions across multiple industries
- Customer research and analysis experience and skills.
- Qualification in Commerce, supplemented by a further professional qualification (CA, CPA, CFA etc.)
Opening Date: 27/01/2020
Closing Date: 24/02/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Multiple positions available’
Role is at D1 level and will be based in the office or client sites on a Permanent Contract.
As one of the UK's leading firms, we offer a stimulating working environment. At KPMG you will provide account management services to the client service team, in particular the audit team. This role requires a high quality, driven and motivated individual to work in a dynamic and challenging client service environment.
• Manage key deliverables timetable in line with Group Instructions;
• Assist in producing project management reports for the audit team;
• Drive the project management of the Global audit account to ensure all agreed actions are followed up, and compliance procedures and client deadlines are met; and
• Work with Managers to ensure staff bookings reflect the team's requirements
Client Relationship and Communication
• Own and manage the Client Relationship Management (CRM) tool ensuring it is accurate and up to date;
• Develop and maintain an accurate and detailed client relationship matrix;
• Identify key publications and events of relevance to the client;
• Liaise with the team and the client to arrange meetings, produce meeting agendas and collate minutes and action points;
• Identify and organise appropriate internal events and client events, at senior client management level including an initial Audit Transition Conference and annual Global Audit Planning Conferences thereafter; and
• Circulate client audit committee meeting dates and key dates, confirm KPMG's attendance to client, ensure audit packs are delivered and received to the appropriate KPMG individual.
• Assist the team with the preparation of budgets / client model;
• Analyse costs to budget for the client at least on a bi-weekly basis;
• Monitor hours charged, and challenge team and specialists where necessary when budgets have been exceeded;
• Review all discrepancies with Partners / Managers;
• Take responsibility for producing a billing schedule for the client as well as producing all related fee notes, inter-office notes and fee allocations;
• Responsible for producing a billing schedule for client approval, then proactively raising fee notes/inter office debit notes according; and
• Annual review of client expenses and issue of fee note, once approved by the client.
• Support the engagement team in tracking engagement over-runs
Independence and Compliance (including Sentinel)
• Distribute Independence confirmation, track and document responses in order to provide an audit trail and identify potential breaches that may need to be reported;
• Manage the completion of the CEAC risk management process for the audit team, with the use of available resources and research tools.
• Manage the Sentinel tree structures to ensure they remain up-to-date and compliant with KPMG risk management procedures;
• Process Sentinel Entity Clearance requests on behalf of the Partner;
• Undertake regular discussion of subjective independence and compliance matters, including regular meetings with relevant delegates of the Lead Partner to discuss pending requests, provide updates on compliance with pre-approval limits and discuss any necessary safeguards for services to be provided;
• Maintain administrative SAP updates for accurate financial reporting;
• Prepare a monthly report of all fees billed (globally) for audit and non-audit services for submission to management and the Audit & Risk Committee;
• Develop and maintain relationship with the client’s relevant compliance team to ensure the KPMG and client approvals process is aligned; and
• Maintain complete and accurate documentation related to pre-approval and independence/.
• Support the client lead partner in organising the Client Insights Group (Client Service Team) meetings, including preparing agenda and Management Information (MI) for the meetings, recording and circulating minutes, and following up agreed actions;
• Contribute as part of the Client Insights Group, including initiatives for improving the account management process; and
• Identify and respond to client service opportunities.
Management Support and Office Management
• Support and work with the audit team in order to deliver an effective audit;
• Manage introduction of all staff joiners to team. Distribute joiner briefing pack setting out organisation charts, team structure, facilities, IT and timesheet information. Review joiner pack content on a regular basis updating information as necessary;
• Develop a network of appropriate internal KPMG and external client contacts to ensure that services are delivered efficiently using the most appropriate resource;
• Ensure that external client working relationships are maintained to a high level of professionalism;
• Organise the filing system (both hard copy and electronic) to support the audit;
• Look after client site facilities, including client site security passes and maintaining satisfactory stocks of stationery at client premises;
• Act as first point of contact for all KCentral users (a SharePoint site) or any client pre-approved collaboration site; and
• Assisting in the preparation of Audit & Risk Committee presentations using PowerPoint.
• Coach and mentor client administrators or KGS resources to ensure both effective and efficient delivery of tasks to the audit team; and
• Participate in sessions and activities.
• Strong organisational skills, including the ability to identify, plan and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines;
• Knowledge of financial concepts including budgets, debtors and key performance indicators
• Sound knowledge and application of Microsoft Office applications of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
• Ability to collate and analyse data, and think creatively to solve problems;
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
• Ability to manage a team of senior professionals in a respectful, positive and enthusiastic manner and build relationships at all levels;
• Flexible in approach and able to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities;
• Ability to deal discreetly with sensitive client information and issues; and
• Acts in line with KPMG values and with integrity at all times.
• 5 GCSE's/O'levels including Maths and English
• 2 years of references available on request
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That is why we are proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That is why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you will benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.