I'm looking for
Search results for "Finance"
Service Line: Finance
Accounts Payable Administrator
Service Line: Finance
Manager — Power & Utilities - Project Finance
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director- Corporate Finance (North)
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director - Corporate Finance - Financial Services
Service Line: Corporate Finance
This is a 12 month FTC role.
The Accounts Assistant – Tax Analysis role is within the UK Partnership Tax team and will report through to the Head of UK Partnership Tax.
The UK Partnership Tax team is part of the Central Services finance function and is based in Watford. The Partnership Tax team within Finance is responsible for the tax affairs of the UK firm. The role will involve working predominantly with members of tax and the central services finance team.
• Preparation of various schedules required to complete/support the tax computations of KPMG LLP and various companies in the KPMG corporate structure. This will involve:
• Extraction, reconciliation of accounting entries and analysis of data from various KPMG systems, including SAP, Concur etc
• Liaising with other internal information providers to ensure accuracy of analysis
• Reporting analysis and findings to members of the team
• Working with the tax team to resolve queries around tax sensitive data/balances
• Assisting with ongoing data analysis relating to KPMG’s tax affairs, for example overseas tax filing requirements
• Monitoring Functional Mailbox and responding to client facing teams or clients who request certificates of residence and/or withholding tax forms.
• Handling other ad hoc tasks and projects as required
The Person – Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
• Comfort around the use of systems (SAP) and the ability to extract, assimilate and analyse information quickly and accurately
• A sound knowledge of excel and the ability to adapt speedily to in-house systems
• Willingness to handle detail, an investigative nature and ability to get things right
• Respect for confidential information
• Self-starter, good organisational skills are essential but also the ability to recognise when to ask for advice: able to work well in a team environment
• No tax experience is required, although it is expected that the successful candidate will develop their understanding of how certain items are treated for tax purposes
• GCSE or O Levels in English and Maths are expected and an understanding of bookkeeping would be advantageous
The role will involve working as part of a team - training, supervision and coaching will be provided.
The role is based in Watford.
Job Title: Accounts Payable Administrator
Role Type: FTC - 9 months
Working Hours: 09:30 - 17:30
At KPMG you will find challenging opportunities in an environment that recognises and rewards exceptional performance.
KPMG is one of the leading Audit practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people.
The role is predominantly for an administrator within Accounts Payable, however the successful candidate must have a flexible working approach and be prepared to cross train in all aspects of the Operations function to be able to provide cover where required . The individual will be required to gain knowledge in respect of KPMG policies and HMRC guidelines. Manual data processing is minimal.
You will work as part of a small support team where supervision, guidance and development will be provided.
The successful candidate will be required to support the assistant manager by conducting themselves in a professional manner, remaining highly proactive at all times with the ability to manage conflicting deadlines and priorities without a detrimental impact upon the team.
The role would ideally suit someone who has confidence in their own ability, has strong analytical skills and enjoys investigative work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To process, as part of a team, invoices in accordance with the Firm's policy, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- To reconcile and manage supplier statements ensuring good follow up procedures to avoid disputes developing.
- To assist with the running of the section by contributing to the overall workload as directed and providing cover during periods of absence of any team member up to and including the Accounts Payable assistant manager.
- To prepare foreign, other bank payment forms and cheques in respect of payments made outside of the system.
- To control and monitor problematic accounts and deal with threats of legal action by conducting effective correspondence between suppliers and senior management, aiming for a timely and satisfactory conclusion.
- To provide support and assistance to the assistant manager in the performance of their duties, ensuring the smooth running of the section and to deputise during periods of absence or unusual workload.
- Deal with incoming internal and external correspondence and telephone calls, ensuring that effective lines of communication are maintained. To respond promptly within agreed SLA’s to Accounts Payable queries raised via the Helpline and via email from partners and staff.
- Become familiar with all processing deadlines, commitments and system maintenance dates, to ensure that adequate cover is available to carry out business as usual and provide support where necessary.
- Participate in system development projects that affect Accounts Payable and explore opportunities for making better use of the Accounts Payable functionality and other related systems.
N.B. The jobholder has to be fully aware of systems, procedures, and deadlines and control requirements, in addition to possessing excellent communication skills.
Qualifications and Skills
As it is likely that the job holder will need to communicate with individuals at all levels it is essential that they possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
The job holder will need to be able to demonstrate a high level of drive, energy and resilience with the desire to make a difference
Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills and a good working knowledge of the firm’s financial system - SAP
The individual must display self motivation, organisation and excellent time management skills.
Excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
Experience and Background
- Proven administration experience of supporting a busy team preferably in Accounts
- 5 GCSE's/O ‘levels (or equivalent) including Maths and English. grades A-C
- Expenses experience preferred but not essential
- Book keeping knowledge preferred
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent financial and business advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal). The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Power & Utilities, Social Infrastructure and Transport in the UK and internationally. This advice ranges from the strategic thinking and advice to companies and investors to enable private capital to fund infrastructure to working with the public sector to develop the business cases to enable projects to happen and advising through negotiations that bring the public and private sectors together. We also work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence issues.
The utilities sector is a key business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for the large clients in the sector including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of the largest utilities in the EU and beyond. We provide in depth advice on corporate finance issues and corporate financial management; project finance; regulatory finance, regulation and policy, as well as other strategic issues affecting value. Our work combines elements of finance, strategy and economics to assist our clients in structuring investments, securing financing and maximising shareholder value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as one of the most innovative advisors influencing the future of the sector.
Our business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high quality candidate to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on water and energy networks, including OFTOs and Interconnectors, in terms of both project management and delivery of assignments.
- Project managing the delivery of relevant engagements on a day to day basis
- Management of internal project teams and external advisers
- Supporting with business development initiatives and network building
- Supporting proposals and pitch development for new business
- Building relationships with clients at the relevant levels
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Production of high quality documentation and presentations
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge awareness
- Introducing new ideas to the team to support in targeting clients
- Specifying, producing and evaluating financial models.
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to and risks management
- Management of project planning, delivery and closure
- Develop a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors.
- Management of engagement administration
- Performance management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Experience of major capital projects within the public arena, either as a bidder, investor, public procurer or lender. It is preferable that this experience is within the power and utilities sectors although this is not mandatory;
- Have a working knowledge of financing structures, particularly debt project finance and equity infrastructure finance including other types of project based financing;
- Have familiarity with public procurement processes;
- Be skilled in financial modelling and complex financial analysis;
- Have a strong ability to understand the risks and issues of infrastructure developments within complex structures;
- Have strong report and business case writing, Excel and Power-point skills;
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in presenting to clients;
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG;
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions;
- Provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner;
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers;
- Have experience of working in and managing people in small teams;
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables ;
- An appropriate professional qualification in accounting, banking or similar, or credible levels of practical experience in these areas;
- Familiarity with Bloomberg, Eikon or other financial databases would also be positive;
- All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.
- Experience in the utilities sector, in the industry or a consultant specialising in these sectors, with the following skills, would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of finances and financial structures of water companies and utilities more generally would be a positive;
KPMG Corporate Finance & the opportunity
KPMG is the leading mid market M&A advisor in UK, Europe and Globally. Everything we do is aimed at adding value for our clients whether they are buying, selling or re-financing their business, through objective, unbiased advice supported by:
genuine integrity and independence
deep sector knowledge global
connectivity with the financial markets
Opportunities exist to join KPMG’s Northern M&A team supporting and leading deal origination and execution across sectors.
The role will allow the successful candidate to work on a broad range of domestic and international transactions for corporate, private equity and owner managed clients.
The scope of the role will include both execution of transactions as well as origination of new opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Manage M&A projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being the day to day point of contact for clients.
Actively managing client interfaces taking responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution.
Lead projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being one of the senior points of contact with clients on M&A projects
Actively managing client interfaces, taking responsibility for the day to day project management and delivery of M&A transactions. This will include assuming responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution
Leading and managing the delivery of transaction documentation including pitch materials and client proposals
Directing and managing colleagues, wider support staff and other external advisers
Supervising and reviewing financial analysis complex modelling carried out by team members
Build and develop strong relationships in the market
Take responsibility for agreed areas of origination and business development
Set, monitor and control M&A project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements.
Attributes, Qualifications & Skills
Strong academic background.
Experience within M&A advisory with proven execution ability and origination skills across the North East of England
Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
Excellent report writing skills.
Independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions.
Comfortable discussing financially related commercial issues.
Ability to work on a range of projects simultaneously to demanding timetables.
Highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers, but also a team player.
Experience of working in and managing small teams.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Commitment to high quality standards & detail oriented.
Personal drive to deliver results.
Ability to be based in and work across the Northern Region (Leeds based role)
Sector specific experience not a requirement but may be beneficial.
Experience & Background
Have a sound knowledge of M&A through investment banking, advisory firms, private equity, M&A Boutique or corporate business development.
Actively handling client relationships, taking responsibility for the day to day project management and delivery of M&A transactions. This will include assuming responsibility for leading all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution, reporting directly to senior team members
Leading and handling the delivery of marketing documentation including pitch materials and client proposals
Directing and leading junior colleagues, analysts and support staff on M&A transactions
Mentoring the development of junior team members
Dedicatedly assisting business development efforts including pitching for new work
Building & maintaining strong client relationships with both corporate and financial institutions
Excellent academic background
Significant experience within M&A advisory
Excellent interest in financial services - prior experience of working within FS is required
Must have significant corporate finance experience at an investment bank, Big 4, private equity firm, M&A boutique or corporate development role
Significant transactional experience with a proven track record of deal execution across all phases of the deal cycle from origination to completion
Excellent numerical, analytical and critical thinking skills
Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
Personal drive and integrity to deliver results within tight deadlines
Personable teammate with the ability to build confidence and trust with both colleagues and clients
Dedication to high quality standards & detail oriented